• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alice Anotherbible (Toaru) Revision

Bump.

So, with Qaw's words, I suppose the issue regarding Alice's resistances are solved (for the most part) as long as they are slapped with a possibly rating?
@XDragnoir , @Zensum , @Accelerate420
Am I correct to assume that you guys are fine with the proposed AP/Tier rating?

To organize things, and help this move along,
Current points of contention:
1. Regeneration negation

2. Infinite speed

3. Immunity/Resistance to various forms of internal damage

Changes to Initial Proposals:
1. Removal of creation
2. Changing SoL speed to Sub-Relativistic
3. Removal of Death Manipulation via Fate Manipulation

Did I miss anything?
I also wanna say that I agree with changing regen negation to resurrection negation, Infinite Speed to Teleportation and I agree with all of the changes to the initial proposals, btw.

I just made additions to the votes section above. Can I get everyone's stance on the following points:

Infinite Speed:
Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral: @Axscell

Regeneration Negation:
Agree with regeneration negation:
Agree with resurrection negation: @Axscell
Disagree with both:

Internal Damage Immunity:
Agree with blanket term "immunity to internal damage":
Agree with listing down all immunities as possibly: @Axscell , @XDragnoir , @Qawsedf234
Disagree with immunity to internal damage:

Infinite Speed:
Agree:
Disagree:
Agree
Regeneration Negation:
Disagree with both:
Resurrection negation
Agree with listing down all immunities as possibly: @Axscell , @XDragnoir , @Qawsedf234
Possibly

I just made additions to the votes section above. Can I get everyone's stance on the following points:

Infinite Speed:
Agree:
Disagree:

Regeneration Negation:
Disagree with both:

agree
resurrection negation
agree

Last edited:
@XDragnoir , @Zensum , @Accelerate420
Am I correct to assume that you guys are fine with the proposed AP/Tier rating?

To organize things, and help this move along,
Current points of contention:
1. Regeneration negation

2. Infinite speed

3. Immunity/Resistance to various forms of internal damage

Changes to Initial Proposals:
1. Removal of creation
2. Changing SoL speed to Sub-Relativistic
3. Removal of Death Manipulation via Fate Manipulation

Did I miss anything?
The proposed rating is good, just not the Hyperversal part as it stands.

As for the other changes, I disagree with infinite speed and Regen/Ressurection, but I'm alright with putting down possibly for the immunities.

Anyone know of any staff who would interested in this thread (other than DT, since they seem to be off the site currently)?

Last edited:
Is this the Afterward that he said in the event that the group killed Othinus there would be no one left to remake the world?
Yea you don't get specific stated resistances for fighting someone offscreen/hypothetically or from vague implication, we went through this extensively with staff a while back with True Gremlin.
It's not the same case as True Gremlin at all.

If our arguments were along the lines of "Othinus threw a punch at Alice and Alice survived, so that means Alice can survive Othinus' reality warping", that would of course not work for very obvious reasons and is the reason why magic gods don't currently resist each other's reality warping since they never demonstrated using it on each other.

Othinus however, does use her reality warping on Alice and the rest of the transcendents, which is later followed by a WoG stating they could have survived. According to the author, Alice isn't surviving a punch, she's surviving reality warping. (The 'dark space' being the biproduct of destroying the world.)
Occam's Razor? With how many of them and how much the Transcendents vary from each other + Alice, you have exactly 0 idea how a hypothetical fight would go down or how they would manage to kill Othinus. Immunity to internal damage is wholly irrelevant to this conversation and to a character who fights normally by manipulating the external world...
You're missing the broad point about policy, on the True Gremlin discussion if you recall it was stated by staff:
1) Just because characters can explicitly fight each other doesn't mean they get stated resistances to each others powers.
2) There are more ways to circumvent a power than resistances. So stated resistance shouldn't be given due to vague implications.
3) Stated resistances are only given if a character shows it on-screen or on-panel. Not even if it's implied, because there could be a number of unknown factors at work.
4) There could always be PIS. Characters not using extremely powerful abilities when they really should is common in fiction.
I agree that immunity to internal damage is a poor reason when reality warping targets much much more than just internals, and I posited my own reason without knowing this discussion was even occurring here.
1) I explained why that's not the case above. They're not just fighting each other offscreen, they're surviving reality warping if you value WoG.
2) Point 2 has merit, so I posit a possibly rating. The end result is still however the survival of reality warping.
3) Same as #2. Possibly conditionals exist.
4) I see where you're coming from and yes it is extremely common in Toaru, however, this is fortunately not the case this time. Othinus is explicitly using Gungnir to kill them all and then transcendents are stated as being capable of surviving it if they used a specific card available to them.

Last edited:
It's not the same case as True Gremlin at all.

If our arguments were along the lines of "Othinus threw a punch at Alice and Alice survived, so that means Alice can survive Othinus' reality warping", that would of course not work for very obvious reasons and is the reason why magic gods don't currently resist each other's reality warping since they never used it on each other.

Othinus however, does use her reality warping on Alice and the rest of the transcendents, which is later followed by a WoG stating they could have survived. According to the author, Alice isn't surviving a punch, she's surviving reality warping. (The 'dark space' being the biproduct of destroying the world.)
Missing my point. To reiterate:
1) This WoG scenario never occurred, its a hypothetical, we don't see it happen 'onscreen' in the novel either.
2) The WoG refers to Transcendents + Alice as a group, that's like what 30+ characters with wildly different abilities, and it doesn't actually tell us the method they would use to survive. This doesn't prove resistance. It could be a myriad of things. It makes it more vague because they were canonically killed by it.
The throw a punch analogy doesn't work:
I.E: Othinus says a fight involving a Magic God that doesn't destroy the world/lead to a confrontation in that pitch-black space would be abnormal. That's not enough for resistances based on standards.
I agree that immunity to internal damage is a poor reason when reality warping targets much much more than just internals, which is why I posited my own reason without knowing this discussion was even occurring here.
1) I explained why that's not the case above. They're not just fighting each other offscreen, they're surviving reality warping if you value WoG.
2) Point 2 has merit, so I posit a possibly rating. The end result is still however the survival of reality warping.
3) Same as #2. Possibly conditionals exist.
4) I see where you're coming from and yes it is extremely common in Toaru, however, this is fortunately not the case this time. Othinus is explicitly using Gungnir to kill them all and then transcendents are stated as being capable of surviving it if they used a specific card available to them.
Your CRT just seems to be about surviving Gungnir throw because the lance's parameters don't target them in Risk 4? If I agreed with that line of arg, I personally wouldn't see that as a resistance if they are just being 'whitelisted' and not reality warped in the first place.
1. Like above, WoG doesn't give us a reasoning, so we can't jump to "resistance".
2/3. It's really a standard discussion. These points are just broad reasonings for why an explicit resistance can't be added. For a "possibly" for this line of argument, we'd need mod input imo which is why we were waiting.
4. She's not using Gungnir throw at the end of NT8. General MG phase manipulation is used.

Missing my point. To reiterate:
1) This WoG scenario never occurred, its a hypothetical, we don't see it happen 'onscreen' in the novel either.
2) The WoG refers to Transcendents + Alice as a group, that's like what 30+ characters with wildly different abilities, and it doesn't actually tell us the method they would use to survive. This doesn't prove resistance. It could be a myriad of things. It makes it more vague because they were canonically killed by it.
1) Yah it didn't. That's why it's a WoG and not a feat. If you think the author is wrong then just say so and provide counterevidence to the author's claims to invoke "Death of the Author".
2) Nah, I know it seems counterintuitive, but the method of what confirmed to have killed them ironically helps them since it removes doubt on what the author is stating they would be capable of surviving if they weren't so lax to pull out their one card.

And we know the one thing all of the 30+ transcendents have in common is fulfilling Gungnir's requirements via releasing their seals, while simultaneously not fulfilling it in their base forms.
The throw a punch analogy doesn't work:
I.E: Othinus says a fight involving a Magic God that doesn't destroy the world/lead to a confrontation in that pitch-black space would be abnormal. That's not enough for resistances based on standards.
I wasn't around to follow the discussion when people tried to give magic gods a resistance in a bygone age of outdated standards. Do you know if they tried to attach a possibly rating?
The benefit Alice's case has is that it's unquestionable what it is that killed the transcendents while the fight between Magic Gods doesn't require phase manipulation to destroy the world. In fact, their very presence causes that even before they can attempt to overlay a phase.

Regardless, I believe it should be handled in a case-by-case basis since the circumstances are different.
Your CRT just seems to be about surviving Gungnir throw because the lance's parameters don't target them in Risk 4? If I agreed with that line of arg, I personally wouldn't see that as a resistance if they are just being 'whitelisted' and not reality warped in the first place.
No I don't see Gungnir as choosing to ignore anyone that leaves the territory of humanity; that'd serve no purpose. Narration would've described it as a weakness of Gungnir rather than as something impressive for anyone who looks to oppose and survive it. I see it more as, because the transcendents left the category of humanity, they are capable of withstanding the esoteric changes to the phases.

You'd likewise have to prove that they're being whitelisted instead of resisting it. That's why a possibly rating is so great here, if it can be either or. The note could even explain that it's either a resistance or a weakness of Gungnir if it comes to it.
1. Like above, WoG doesn't give us a reasoning, so we can't jump to "resistance".
2/3. It's really a standard discussion. These points are just broad reasonings for why an explicit resistance can't be added. For a "possibly" for this line of argument, we'd need mod input imo which is why we were waiting.
alright
4. She's not using Gungnir throw at the end of NT8. General MG phase manipulation is used.
The instance pictured here utilizes Gungnir when creating a pile of rubble with the manipulation of the phases and thus carries the anti-humanity aspect.
Magic God Othinus had the ability to create, so she was technically not destroying
anything. This may have been a change brought about by adding a new phase into the
world. Nevertheless, it was blatantly obvious what the scene before Kamijou’s eyes would
produce. It was the same as referring to the utter destruction of a luxurious palace as
“creating a pile of rubble”. This was undeniably a torrent of destruction.

[...]

Most likely, no one could have escaped that lance when attacked head on. No matter what
form of defense or evasion they attempted, they would have had no hope of surviving.
That attack had been given the parameter of “no human can oppose it”. Unless one left
the territory of man, one would be smashed to pieces.

Back