• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Discussion Thread 2

Can we use ancient magic spells as an intelligence feats ?

Ex: The liberators understanding their magic(gravity, space, time...) and that how they reach its true potential, Oscar replicate the apostle disintegrating light through matter manipulation, Ryutarou understanding dragon transformation and replicate it, Yue learning from Ehit...and the more they understand it the better they get at it(through trial and error). I couldn't think of many examples.

I mean they don't just draw a circle and the magic happen. Each spell has a core(info) while other people do it mentally, which seem like reality warping.

The first scan works for large size but not really for spatial manipulation, instead would be aura. And before you ask, why this wouldn't be spatial manip but Hajime case when he got angry at Mother is spatial manip, simple, because in the Hajime example G10, a robot with not supernatural senses, specifically stated that the space itself looked to be breaking, in unknown case instead it seemed to happen something similar to how things can look distorted in a hot placed due to heat affecting the refraction of light, which can be explained with just aura instead of assume that the mere pressure of his presence is affecting space itself which would be noted more times if it was really that.

The extrasensory senses is fine, but you didn't post any scan of demons seeing souls so they don't get any particular sense from that. Also, since they would already have both abilities as magic users, those additions feel somewhat redundant.

Mind manip is fine.

Madness is fine but I don't really see the telepathy part, especially since it's said how the sound reaches the ears, which wouldn't happen if it was telepathy.

Incorporeality is fine, it was already granted to demons in the general npi of the verse. Invisibility doesn't fit as demons are stated that on Earth they can just manifest as shadows due to the gap between worlds, so is not that they are invisible and only their shadows can be seen, instead they are only shadows and thus that's the only thing that can be see.

Illusion and shapeshifting is fine, memory manip should be changed to telepathy since reading the mind of someone falls under that power.

The limited technology manip is fine.

Possession and stats amp is fine, but I don't see any biological manip, and no, waking them to fight if they faint isn't biological manip.

Unholy, fire and bodily weaponry are fine.

Wind manip I think is fine? I'm not really sure if they can manipulate the air itself or just the harmful/special components of the wind of lamentation. Though just to make it clear so there is no misunderstanding, regardless of how is labeled at the end Unknown wouldn't be able to use that in a match unless they are at Hell or there's a way for it to gather at other world.

Lightning, weather manipulation and shadow manip is fine, since the requirements for weapon mastery are so lax I think it could be fine?

Summoning, empowerment, portal creation and dimensional travel are fine.

Unknown isn't at the level of the seven kings, he could maaaaybe be at the level of royalty, though weak royalty at most considering how those that we saw had significantly better feats as shown when they attacked Hajime and Shia, and that royalty in general didn't care much for him. So at that point you can't really scale him to their strength, so the best would be to just put him at unknown tier.

in unknown case instead it seemed to happen something similar to how things can look distorted in a hot placed due to heat affecting the refraction of light, which can be explained with just aura instead of assume that the mere pressure of his presence is affecting space itself which would be noted more times if it was really that.
Make sense
The extrasensory senses is fine, but you didn't post any scan of demons seeing souls so they don't get any particular sense from that. Also, since they would already have both abilities as magic users, those additions feel somewhat redundant.
Just added it.
BTW, do you think this mean demons eat souls?
「Nice to meet you. Are you someone from that castle? This is quite a novel way to invite someone! Furthermore, that’s one splendid castle! By the way, perhaps there is some kind of misunderstanding, so I’ll say this first but, we are just a virtuous tourist――」

――Mixed person who isn’t human or demon, I’ll receive your soul as the compensation of your sin invading my territory ch345
There is mention of humans selling their souls to demons like Unknown.
It's a mix of soud with telepathy that redult in their demonic whisper. If notice their speech line is different, similar when Tio speak in dragon mode. All demons use telepathy.
Incorporeality is fine, it was already granted to demons in the general npi of the verse. Invisibility doesn't fit as demons are stated that on Earth they can just manifest as shadows due to the gap between worlds, so is not that they are invisible and only their shadows can be seen, instead they are only shadows and thus that's the only thing that can be see.
You're right, probably better stealth because Hajime and Shia couldn't sense them until they appeared. There a proof of them using telepathy and having charisma and aura.
「There is no way anyone is here. It’s a ghost town no matter how you look――」

――Hou, human? A brat called out for invasion to the surface world, is this an adverse effect from that?

Unexpectedly there seemed to be a local person here.

――Kukuh, for the archduke to be outwitted……this is interesting

A different voice resounded. There was sneer within the voice.

――Don’t you all dare to interfere. They’re mine

There was another different voice. It was tremendously overbearing. Ordinary people would have their consciousness blown away instantly if they heard it.

The space flickered. Something like black mist gathered and an old man with spider lower body appeared. A humanoid with lion head seeped out. Flame suddenly burst up from empty air, and from inside it a huge wolf that breathed fire was created.

Other than them, from the inner part of the sanctuary, from the buildings inside it, strangely shaped existences flooded out with various method. Every single one of them looked terribly destructive, blasphemous, repulsive, and mysterious. And yet, they were vaguely clad in sweet air. ch345
It seem that each has a different element(fire, shadow...)
Illusion and shapeshifting is fine, memory manip should be changed to telepathy since reading the mind of someone falls under that power.
Ok
Possession and stats amp is fine, but I don't see any biological manip, and no, waking them to fight if they faint isn't biological manip.
Ok
Wind manip I think is fine? I'm not really sure if they can manipulate the air itself or just the harmful/special components of the wind of lamentation. Though just to make it clear so there is no misunderstanding, regardless of how is labeled at the end Unknown wouldn't be able to use that in a match unless they are at Hell or there's a way for it to gather at other world.
and this
Actually they had tested it. A gate of hell was opened in a part of “Miniature Garden” and demon became able to materialize by bringing in the bloody wind. They also tried holding the “Aiko Masquerade Audition” while they were at it. Applicants were flooding in when the recruitment was advertised.ch483
I don't know if this was just a regular portal because Unknow was able to send the bloody wind to earth through the mirror gate
When he diagnosed himself, he was feeling strangely weary, his mind felt tired, and he felt a subtle pain around his lungs. The cause was surely the red mist that he slightly came into contact with just now.

There was no guarantee that he would be able to come back if he went to the world at the other side of the mirror. ch302
Their materialization is made from the wind of lamentation and here we have demons materilazing on Earth
――O king-, please answer-. Why, are you treating that kind of tiny human little girl as princess-

「You bastards-, as I thought you all are the pawns of demon-」

「You, you’re wrong nano~! Myuu doesn’t know about demon or anything! It’s true nano! It’s not a lie nano! Hell will freeze over before Myuu ever lie nano!」

Powerful greater demon that materialized with clear figure. And then, terrific number of demon swarms running rampant behind that greater demon and in the sky. ch319
They could atleast get it because their body is made from it, right?

Unknown isn't at the level of the seven kings, he could maaaaybe be at the level of royalty, though weak royalty at most considering how those that we saw had significantly better feats as shown when they attacked Hajime and Shia, and that royalty in general didn't care much for him. So at that point you can't really scale him to their strength, so the best would be to just put him at unknown tier.
You're right, can't imagine Hajime and Shia having a problem with demons equal to him, although they weren't serious and the moment they start fighting it was one sided. BTW Aren't the 7DS already weaker then Hajime. I have a scan of Hajime one punching Lucifer.
That was the story that Hajime heard from “Lusifer~” and the white dragon after he beat both of them equally with his Soul Break Punch (A punch of his artificial arm that directly impacted the soul, created for use against Shia who was too solid. It was painful but it didn’t inflict any injury at all and could be said as a punch for gag). ch481
Apperently the dragons that Kouki was fighting in the fairy world could keep up with one of the 7Ds (equal to Ehit). Kouki's Ap is consistent.

Just to make sure, Can Unknown have Law and CM type 2 ?

Last edited:
Back