• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion Thread

And how exactly did he do so ? What scan proves he sent them through different dimensions ? The existence of different monsters is something the devs do literally most if not all the time. It’s simply paying homage
Because the characters he recreated from the crystals are literally from other dimensions

Right now the ff1-6 worlds are treated as being in the same universe which the lufenians in SOP contradict
I agree, however magic is treated as having similar fundamentals in 1-6 and some other games because of Gilgamesh, which means the ratings would stay unchanged

I agree, however magic is treated as having similar fundamentals in 1-6 and some other games because of Gilgamesh, which means the ratings would stay unchanged
At least you agree but lol, I’ve always had problems with using “Gilgamesh” as the sole argument when there are better ones like the forces of light and darkness being a type 2 concept that exists in all worlds and cover most spells. The verse terribly needs rework is all I would say for now

Why are you constantly saying “the games are in separate dimensions”? That doesn’t contradict the Creator still making the crystals and sending them to the other worlds. The fact he has knowledge of every boss enemy from all 6 games with the cast talking about them doesn’t refute the fact he has knowledge on them, so stop saying that it being in separate dimensions contradicts it when it doesn’t. Especially when through 5 he has access to the interdimensional rift/Void, which has access to alternate dimensions in the first place.

Why are you constantly saying “the games are in separate dimensions”? That doesn’t contradict the Creator still making the crystals and sending them to the other worlds. The fact he has knowledge of every boss enemy from all 6 games with the cast talking about them doesn’t refute the fact he has knowledge on them, so stop saying that it being in separate dimensions contradicts it when it doesn’t. Especially when through 5 he has access to the interdimensional rift/Void, which has access to alternate dimensions in the first place.
Are you just going to ignore the contradictions ? There are simply too many to claim definitively that he created the crystals. The more consistent origin is that they become sentient and form in the void. There are even worlds where it's explicitly stated that beings create them but one thing that's evident is that they share the same properties and concepts: maintaining the balance between light and darkness, controlling the elements, and serving as a source for protagonists and others to grow stronger plus, the notion FF1-6 exist in the same universe, the basis that upgraded the creator as the maker of the crystals has largely been retconned or maybe it wasn’t even given thought, as I've been pointing out repeatedly but It's inevitable for things to be changed in video games, especially when there are numerous plot holes. That should address the argument about monsters from other worlds; it was simply changed.
Also, gods of various worlds can create monsters that appear in other games, some even appear naturally. So it's not particularly unique now.

Are you just going to ignore the contradictions ? There are simply too many to claim definitively that he created the crystals. The more consistent origin is that they become sentient and form in the void. There are even worlds where it's explicitly stated that beings create them but one thing that's evident is that they share the same properties and concepts: maintaining the balance between light and darkness, controlling the elements, and serving as a source for protagonists and others to grow stronger plus, the notion FF1-6 exist in the same universe, the basis that upgraded the creator as the maker of the crystals has largely been retconned or maybe it wasn’t even given thought, as I've been pointing out repeatedly but It's inevitable for things to be changed in video games, especially when there are numerous plot holes. That should address the argument about monsters from other worlds; it was simply changed.
Also, gods of various worlds can create monsters that appear in other games, some even appear naturally. So it's not particularly unique now.
At this point you should make a CRT

Final part of the VII revisions bunch:

is it okay if i revamp the Gilgamesh and Kain Highwind profiles? I don't want to steal somebody's thunder.

Been going through Opera Omnia since they released the story on Youtube. I don't understand some things because I haven't played many other FF games but I found some cool upgrades for the FF7 characters

Sephiroth also dominates everyone else, however Zack, Angeal and Cloud are able to block his attacks so they're still comparable to him, just noticeably weaker. Sephiroth's forcefield can no-sell attacks from them as well. Weiss beats Sephiroth but this is before the amp (and Weiss states he felt weaker than usual). He can also use a weaker version of Meteor that is much smaller and doesn't take forever to land

Interesting. What did he use to amp himself?

I recall Sephirth using the Black Materia all the way back to Dissidia 2008. I remember how excited I was that you could actually use it in proper combat and how it was among the many references to the original game.

Interesting. What did he use to amp himself?

I recall Sephirth using the Black Materia all the way back to Dissidia 2008. I remember how excited I was that you could actually use it in proper combat and how it was among the many references to the original game.
In the late game, just before the final chapter, he absorbs Materia's crystal which was sustaining the existence of the world. After he finishes draining it, the world started crumbling apart. Before this he's able to block Cloud and Angeal's attacks with his forcefield and they can't beat him. After this amp, Cloud kills Sephiroth the same way he did back in the ending of FF7 with his limit break, but this time, Sephiroth wasn't badly injured in a prior fight and is undoubtedly the strongest version of Sephiroth from the OG timeline

Garland follows this up by getting a enormous Amp from the Crystal in accordance to his wish for Eternal conflict to the point he can one shot everyone including WoL and Jack Garland, his previous equals

It's also stated that the Crystal Core transferred authority of the World from Materia & Spiritus over to Garland
You didn't add the timestamp

Garland follows this up by getting a enormous Amp from the Crystal in accordance to his wish for Eternal conflict
Wait I thought the amp didn't follow through because his wish wasn't granted or something? Maybe I'm mistaking that with Ultimecia or someone else, did you have a scan/clip with the timestamp?

he can one shot everyone including WoL and Jack Garland, his previous equals
Yeah he one shotted Jack, though I think its unclear if he one shot WoL, they made the screen fade to black without showing how the quick battle went or how many attacks it was, and we heard a few sword strikes. Still strong enough to block his attacks and defeat him though

You didn't add the timestamp
46:54
Wait I thought the amp didn't follow through because his wish wasn't granted or something? Maybe I'm mistaking that with Ultimecia or someone else, did you have a scan/clip with the timestamp?
Garland's wish was granted because it was inline with the Crystals own will for the world 34:27 Ultimecia & Jegran were rejected for their selfish wishes, albeit they were still able to siphon energy from it like Sephiroth did Materia's
Yeah he one shotted Jack, though I think its unclear if he one shot WoL, they made the screen fade to black without showing how the quick battle went or how many attacks it was, and we heard a few sword strikes. Still strong enough to block his attacks and defeat him though
Granted that second clip is after they all start receiving their Crystals which radically amp them as they did in OG Dissidia and keep in mind the characters all grow stronger in accordance to their strength of will

Last edited:
Back