• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How does LS work in matches?

Say, Character A is City Block level, with Athletic Human lifting strength, and Character B is Wall level with Class K lifting strength, and blitzes Character A. Could Character B use their lifting strength to just tear off the enemy's head/spine? Usually the durability of something doesn't always correspond to the textile strength of something right?

LS is only useful in match to stop the other from restraining a character. A guy with Stellar LS cannot be restrained by someone with Class G LS, which would actually be usefull to the Steller LS guy as any restraining abilities from the Class G LS guy won't work on him

Do you need to overcome ones durability to choke them out/suffocate them?
No, the higher LS can easily strangle/suffocate them, cut off their bloodflow, dislocate their joints, etc.

In reality dramatically higher LS would be able to harm characters with lower LS but it creates Funny Situations in vs threads so the rule is that dura needs comparable AP to be overcome with LS.

Do you need to overcome ones durability to choke them out/suffocate them?
No, you just need to constrict/close their air way.

Though, this would be difficult/impossible for someone to physically do against another who can one shot them due to a massive tier difference. Even a single elbow or just the rapid movement of the body would kill them in a case of a 9-B trying to restrain an 8-C.

But it'd be far easier for someone with TK or something similar, as they aren't putting themselves in harms way. Though at that point LS is irrelevant, as there is no physical force for someone to grab onto or resist. For normal human like characters I'll add on, as we cannot expand our necks to prevent TK squeezing.

Obviously fiction can do whatever. It'd be accurate to say it's case by case, depending on their abilities.

Last edited:
So in the scenario I gave above, theoretically, if a character instablitzes and can just dodge, they could just choke a character of higher durability to death?

So in the scenario I gave above, theoretically, if a character instablitzes and can just dodge, they could just choke a character of higher durability to death?
The person being restrained won't need to throw a strike in some cases, just the jerking of their body would be enough to cause severe damage if the gap is high enough. If the difference is only something like ten times, yeah it'd be easier and I can see that. But doing it to someone who is one million times stronger is a fools dream.

Though, this only applies to physical restraints between human like characters. A giant would be able incap a person by preventing them from moving via higher LS. Assuming they're able to avoid taking fatal damage, being one shotted that is, and they've restrained them properly so they cannot move at all. And I've explained TK already.

Of course any extra abilities the two might have need to be considered. Your scenario isn't impossible, it just depends on other factors.

Well you can put it this way
someone with a good foothold from their lifting strength and such would become a unmovable brickwall to someone with a weaker lifting strength but if the strength/power of the attack is too much from its durability it will simply break apart while still holding a foothold

Like if you shoot a Brickwall the wall may not collapse but the concentrated impact on one part would greatly damage or even break through the material of the wall.

Now if Character B blitzes Character A
he can simply pin him down to the point that he can no longer amass strength to even make use of his potency.
take it like a full haymaker being reduced to a 1-inch punch level of damage.

If the durability of Character A is limited to only what is inside of him he could fold him or mangle the limbs and such but probably not tear him apart since the part of Character A's body that is durable is something you do not have the strength/potency to tear apart (though Im pretty sure LS have weight numbers which can be converted sheer potency which then can be used to compare if it is within his LS to tear someone apart that is durable)

LS is mainly for restricting, crushing, holding, and throwing the opponents.

Contrary to what some people are saying I don't actually think you need AP to damage someone with LS since it's a completely different statistic. It's pretty common in certain works of fiction for a character to be relative or weaker than someone in terms of AP but still capable of crushing or ripping them apart.

Either way it's rarely ever relevant in match ups. You will mainly see Espers like Tatsumaki utilize.

An 6-C character with Stellar LS will fold a 6-B character with Class 100 LS imo.
Exactly. Imagine an average child fighting a polar bear, but the child can has telekinesis that strong enough to throw mountains around. He would turn him into a pile of blood

An 6-C character with Stellar LS will fold a 6-B character with Class 100 LS imo.
It's extremely difficult to have Stellar LS and be 6-C. Fiction is fiction so I can't say it's impossible. I guess if you're just scaling to someone's LS and nothing else, I can see that.

But what LS feat do you have preform that doesn't scale to... well you? Lifting a baseline Stellar object or applying Stellar force by 1 cm would be 4.68 Exatons of TNT.

At this point we're dealing with fictional BS, so there's really no other answer than case by case.

Last edited:
Higher LS iirc lets you disarm your opponent of a weapon if they're holding it assuming you have the skill to do so too, or if you and your opponent are in a blade lock it makes it easier to dominate in the exchange

Contrary to what some people are saying I don't actually think you need AP to damage someone with LS since it's a completely different statistic
factual, republic of ls certified comment
Star_Platinum_Tear.gif

Contrary to what some people are saying I don't actually think you need AP to damage someone with LS since it's a completely different statistic. It's pretty common in certain works of fiction for a character to be relative or weaker than someone in terms of AP but still capable of crushing or ripping them apart.

Either way it's rarely ever relevant in match ups. You will mainly see Espers like Tatsumaki utilize.
don't forget the main one, TEARING

So a character in my example, say they have like 4 arms, can restrain the arms and legs of the character with higher AP, or just fold them like an origami and incap them if that's the kind of thing they'd do?

Back