• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What? Why didn't the others self destructed asw and instead standed still, paralyzed in fear. Out of everyone's scans here, this is the only one where we see a victim of Soul Crush exploding bc of reiatsu
Because they clearly show different levels of resistance??? One blew up, several suffered cracked masks and collapsed, another got a stroke and was frothing all over the place while a bunch started cowering in fear. And that’s just in the scans I posted. Nanao also had a stroke, Ichigo was hallucinating his death, Hanataro collapsed etc. Everyone’s resistance is not the same nor do they suffer the same level of reiatsu.
So you admit yourself its not a in char attack he would use? I can just go on and use Kai's most un-used abilties/weapons like his Time Hax (which the OP didn't restrict btw) with the excuse "And who are you expecting him to use his Time Blade on? His enemies who are all relative to/stronger than him?"
No. Stop strawmanning or making shit up for a second and actually read what I typed. Ichigo doesn’t choose whether he soul crushes people unless he is holding back, something he clearly won’t be doing when he is using HoS True Bankai. This form is Ichigo amping himself multiple times over after he has already gone all out in base where he was flexing his reiatsu harder than anyone else has been shown to in the series just by planning to go into a fight. Kai gets his soul obliterated in Ichigo’s presence.

Your scan implies its not passive, since as you said, Ichigo needs to release his reastu when he's in a fight. I see it as a though based ability based your previous arguments
1) Reiatsu is passive
2) You can control your Reiatsu level.
3) You can't use one Reiatsu properties. Fear, Paralysis and Soul Manipulation goes together when using Reiatsu.

1) Reiatsu is passive
Ichigo activates it when entering a fight according to previous scan, and this one further supports that idea, so its though based.
Reiatsu other effects are clearly based on the Fear Manipulation part, and Kai in S4 was able to overcome his fear and doubt in order to massively amp himself, as well as the Dark Matter argument I brought up earlier which he resisted and could even casually clean off with his EP, so I can argue he can counter Reiastu even by assuming its passive
2) You can control your Reiatsu level.
So?
3) You can't use one Reiatsu properties. Fear, Paralysis and Soul Manipulation goes together when using Reiatsu.
Didn't deny that

Ichigo activates it when entering a fight according to previous scan, and this one further supports that idea, so its though based.
Reiatsu other effects are clearly based on the Fear Manipulation part, and Kai in S4 was able to overcome his fear and doubt in order to massively amp himself, as well as the Dark Matter argument I brought up later which he resisted and could even casually clean off with his EP, so I can argue he can counter Reiastu even by assuming its passive
Reiatsu is Passive. It's not something that is activated. All Yamamoto did was to increase his Reiatsu levels to affect Nanao.

Saying Ichigo needs to activate Reiatsu is going against what's already accepted.

And as for dark matter Kai resistance, does it affect the Soul?

Your scan implies its not passive, since as you said, Ichigo needs to release his reastu when he's in a fight. I see it as a though based ability based your previous arguments
His reiatsu isn't merely released by him, it shows that it just overflows when he was about to fight him, something that happens on its own. And if you argue that it's thought-based, then Kai can't blitz him because thought based actions are only second to passives in terms of speed.

Last edited:
There is also the matter that Kai doesn't have Soul Manipulation, only resistance, so he can't fully interact with Ichigo in the first place. You need NPI and Soul Manipulation to harm Bleach souls, and Kai only has the former.

Ichigo's reiatsu is something he controls, not by manually releasing, but rather holding it in. Without reiatsu control, the World of the Living would suffer heavy damage. And this is supported by the fact that even seasoned captains have to get nerfed when they enter a Senkaimon down to 20% to reduce damages. The only reason pre-timeskip Ichigo never really reiatsu crushed was because he never learned the true nature of himself, and this meant that he couldn't control his powers because he held them back (or rather Zangetsu did). More support is that Captains need to control the size of their Zanpakuto or else they become as large as skyscrapers. So Reiatsu control isn't passive, but Reiatsu itself is. Even proper control isn't enough sometimes as with Starrk, he needed to split his soul in order to prevent the Hollows he met from getting Soul Crushed.

His reiatsu isn't merely released by him, it shows that it just overflows when he was about to fight him, something that happens on its own. And if you argue that it's thought-based, then Kai can't blitz him because thought based actions are only second to passives in terms of speed.
With my previous argument about Kai and Fear Manip, this will turn into incon

With my previous argument about Kai and Fear Manip, this will turn into incon
Actually, you can win via incapacitating or BFR given that it's maintained for 24 hours. Since Kai can't attack faster than passive (or with your logic thought-based) paralysis and fear manip, Ichigo can win.

Despite the fact that Kai has soul resistance, he can't win since ichigo can harm the Soul every attack.
Well, it's a little more, interesting, than that. Kai can resist soul corruption, but not direct soul damage, at least from what I see on his profile, the kicker is: Kai himself doesn't have Soul Manipulation, which is one of the things you need to harm Bleach souls. So really, Kai can't harm him.

Back