• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord of the Rings Discussion Thread

Leaving this here in case anyone wants a go at calcing.

So, there’s this guy named ‘@papapalps2415’ on YT, and he’s by far the biggest SW meatrider and biggest LOTR downplayer I’ve come across. He even says that a single ISD can kill Melkor and that Melkor and Valar aren’t past Planetary. If you guys can provide debunks to this downplay it would do wonders.

So, there’s this guy named ‘@papapalps2415’ on YT, and he’s by far the biggest SW meatrider and biggest LOTR downplayer I’ve come across. He even says that a single ISD can kill Melkor and that Melkor and Valar aren’t past Planetary. If you guys can provide debunks to this downplay it would do wonders.
SW referring star wars here?

Hmm okay

He even says that a single ISD can kill Melkor and that Melkor and Valar aren’t past Planetary.

Melkor when he first came to Arda was powerful and he along with the Valar can't be destroyed in their spirit forms. They are clearly way above planetary due to the fact that they shaped the Universe in the beginning. Does this 'ISD' have that kinda AP to destroy them?
Well I think Tyranno can give better debunks than me with quotes.

Most of what I'd say is already on profile. Not like it's necessary to even respond to this kind of nonsense.

Though I guess here's two prominent links for the Valar.

Also, this is the guy that says an ISD can kill Melkor and... y'know what, I'll just let the rest of the pictures speak for themselves (hopefully they work as links since I can't send pictures)

file:///Users/haydensharpe/Desktop/Screenshot%202024-06-10%20at%208.42.37%20PM.jpg

file:///Users/haydensharpe/Desktop/Screenshot%202024-06-10%20at%208.41.03%20PM.jpg

And the source for these screenshots are from this video:

If you can't access the screenshots, go to the comment of someone named '@darkunor6687' and look through the replies.

Last edited:
Also, this is the guy that says an ISD can kill Melkor and... y'know what, I'll just let the rest of the pictures speak for themselves (hopefully they work as links since I can't send pictures)

file:///Users/haydensharpe/Desktop/Screenshot%202024-06-10%20at%208.42.37%20PM.jpg

file:///Users/haydensharpe/Desktop/Screenshot%202024-06-10%20at%208.41.03%20PM.jpg

And the source for these screenshots are from this video:

Eh, this seems to have been made for fun if anything.

Regardless, no need to get too worked up over stuff like this at the end of the day.

Eh, this seems to have been made for fun if anything.

Regardless, no need to get too worked up over stuff like this at the end of the day.
Alright, I'll take your word for it. I just, can't handle LOTR downplay for any longer; I'm like Hulk, on the verge of going into a fit of anger because of all this downplay.

And yeah, the video was definitely made for fun, not involving any downplay or favoritism. But it's the comments (at least some) that do the downplaying and favoritism.

Alright, I'll take your word for it. I just, can't handle LOTR downplay for any longer; I'm like Hulk, on the verge of going into a fit of anger because of all this downplay.

And yeah, the video was definitely made for fun, not involving any downplay or favoritism. But it's the comments (at least some) that do the downplaying and favoritism.
Everyone has their quibbles, but best not to get too bothered over something like Battleboarding.

Admittedly though I'm not great either. I'm kinda a Book purist for LotR so when I see "inaccurate" stuff (at least from my opinion) I get pissy.

Heck, originally I was a downplayer since I came to this site to downgrade the verse minus Eru to 5-B at best until I did more research (then got wrapped up in supporting a tier 1 upgrade and stuff). Tbh, i'm still not a fan of how many characters are High 3-A personally speaking, but I'll support it unless I find reason not to.

Everyone has their quibbles, but best not to get too bothered over something like Battleboarding.

Admittedly though I'm not great either. I'm kinda a Book purist for LotR so when I see "inaccurate" stuff (at least from my opinion) I get pissy.

Heck, originally I was a downplayer since I came to this site to downgrade the verse minus Eru to 5-B at best until I did more research (then got wrapped up in supporting a tier 1 upgrade and stuff). Tbh, i'm still not a fan of how many characters are High 3-A personally speaking, but I'll support it unless I find reason not to.
Now that, is character development for you right there. I initially upgraded Eru to Outerversal without any evidence solely because of the fact that it looked so… downplayed.

But now, seeing the Tier 1 Upgrade and the fact I (kinda) predicted so far back, I feel kind of proud of myself for it. Though that could just be me.

Solid. Very solid. Although, I don't agree with everything of course. For one, I don't get why they attribute teleportation instead of speed.

Edit: I wouldn't personally use Lost Road in case anyone gets the idea to try and apply it here. It's from an idea Tolkien left up in the air like Dagor Dagorath, but even worse given steampunk Numenor definetly was not in the later editions.

Last edited:
Back