• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Plants vs. Zombies: Physiology Pages

This CRT is meant to propose the following physiology pages for both the Plants and Zombies.
For how the classification/types will look like on the profiles, it'll be like this:
Ice-shroom: Plant Physiology (Basic; Ice)
This is done to help generalize P&As for Plant and Zombie profiles so then they don't become/stay outdated (around 70 profiles is difficult to keep consistent), it will also make it easy for future CRTs when adding additions to these abilities.

I got some minor nitpicks; A scan for the Invisible Zombies would be nice. I'm iffy on the healing for wall plants cause that's more the players doing than an innate ability of walls, I also have some minor grammar issues but I can go in and fix them later. But besides that, everything looks great!

I got some minor nitpicks; A scan for the Invisible Zombies would be nice.
I will include that and more scans
I'm iffy on the healing for wall plants cause that's more the players doing than an innate ability of walls
Best to say "With The Player:" Like how we have "With Sun:"
I also have some minor grammar issues but I can go in and fix them later. But besides that, everything looks great!
Thank you for your help!

Ultimately seems like an unnecessary page to maintain but like.

It's fashionable these days, ain't it, to have your own physiology page. It's what all the cool kids have.

So I'll sign off on it.

Okay I'll air my complaints section by section:

Plant Physiology:
Standard Plant Abilities:
Basic - Resistance to ice manipulation is better indexed as temperature one (Specified as cold), since they're not doing anything against being encased in ice and are just fine with exposure to the cold.
Types:
Normal - Remove this section, it's literally just "This sub-type doesn't get anything"
Sun - Remove creation, it's just energy manipulation
Wall - Remove resistance to pain, there's no reason to assume that Wallnut's text applies to all wall plants especially when we see plants like Garlic express clear pain in their sprites
Mushroom - We don't give all plant creatures plant manipulation for being a plant, so a fungus does not inherently get fungus manipulation
Fire - Remove ice resistance since it's just them countering the cold to begin with
Shadow - Frankly besides darkness manipulation remove everything. The underground mobility is not a universal trait of theirs, and everything given by the shadow aura would just be Moon Flower's power rather than a thing for the whole sub type.

Zombie Physiology:
Types:
ZomBotany - This collection of zombies does not share any specific traits besides a head that is a specific plant. Off the PvZ the roaster includes includes 6 unique zombies, with about 4 unique power sets among them. I'd remove this sub-type and just make ZomBotany zombie page with keys for each zombie variant rather than shove this into the physiology page/

Basic - Resistance to ice manipulation is better indexed as temperature one (Specified as cold), since they're not doing anything against being encased in ice and are just fine with exposure to the cold.
Normal - Remove this section, it's literally just "This sub-type doesn't get anything"
Sun - Remove creation, it's just energy manipulation
Wall - Remove resistance to pain, there's no reason to assume that Wallnut's text applies to all wall plants especially when we see plants like Garlic express clear pain in their sprites
Shadow - Frankly besides darkness manipulation remove everything. The underground mobility is not a universal trait of theirs, and everything given by the shadow aura would just be Moon Flower's power rather than a thing for the whole sub type.
ZomBotany - This collection of zombies does not share any specific traits besides a head that is a specific plant. Off the PvZ the roaster includes includes 6 unique zombies, with about 4 unique power sets among them. I'd remove this sub-type and just make ZomBotany zombie page with keys for each zombie variant rather than shove this into the physiology page/
This all seems fine to change
Mushroom - We don't give all plant creatures plant manipulation for being a plant, so a fungus does not inherently get fungus manipulation
It's not meant to be fungus manipulation, just fungus physiology. should it link to another page?
Fire - Remove ice resistance since it's just them countering the cold to begin with
Should it be enhanced temperature resistance then?

We just don't have this as a power on site
Alright then I'll remove that, alongside flying zombies since it's barely different and is just one type with no corresponding pages currently
I would not really count it as that, since it's just them being hot so they don't freeze over
Sure ig
But all the things the Moon Flower/Other plants give is shared among them

But all the things the Moon Flower/Other plants give is shared among them
Okay but whatever Moon Flower bestows the other plants is just a part of its power bestowal. What ties together the shadow family is how they can be powered by her rather than any specific powers.
Dragon Bruit, Murkadamia Nut, and Moon Flower all have vastly different power sets for example. I really don't see the point of not just making a page for each shadow plant and index all their abilities rather than shove it into the physiology page.
Another issue is that out of your categories it's the only based on a mint group, while the others are not. Really I must wonder if we you insist on dividing stuff like this would using official plant families not be a better division method?

Okay I read over the zombie one again and have some additional issues with it

Basic:
The type 2 immortality scan seems disingenuous. At the very least framing like they can survive without their head should be removed, because in PvZ 1 and 2 nearly any zombie's death animation has their head drop off and them shortly dying after. They can survive without limbs yes, but the head stuff is straight up false.
Ice Manipulation resistance also seems dubious, they get frozen regardless, they just also thaw out. We don't give someone a resistance by being effected by something and them and the effect just ending on its own.
Acid resistance is just a no, your own scan notes how it was designed to not hurt zombies rather than them enduring it.
Also not sure about that weakness to sun, since really they are are talking a machine which pulls over all the power of the sun to amplify plants and shoot sun blasts at the zombies. So it's not a weakness, the machine just uses the sun in a way to screw over the zombies

Heroes:
Switch resistance to ice to resistance to temperature

Okay but whatever Moon Flower bestows the other plants is just a part of its power bestowal. What ties together the shadow family is how they can be powered by her rather than any specific powers.
Dragon Bruit, Murkadamia Nut, and Moon Flower all have vastly different power sets for example. I really don't see the point of not just making a page for each shadow plant and index all their abilities rather than shove it into the physiology page.
I guess that makes sense I'll remove that type too since it'll just be shadow manipulation and nothing else
would using official plant families not be a better division method?
Not really,Goop and Toxic are not any families but they have enough consistent abilities and traits to be considered types.

Some Mint families do not have any consistent abilities throughout, such as: Arma-mints are plants that fire cannons or launch projectiles, not an ability. Contain-mint plants all do something different. Appease-mint are just plants who shoot in one direction. Enforce-mint plants are plants who strike physically, nothing else.

Even some Plants can belong to other or 2 Mint families: Torchwood can be a Pepper-mint plant but he's only Appease-mint for some odd reason. Many Spear-mint Plants can go into Enforce-mint. MANY Plants can go into Appease-mint like Nightshade, Shadow Peashooter, Fire Peashooter, Snow Pea, etc.

Some Mint families do not have any consistent abilities throughout, such as: Arma-mints are plants that fire cannons or launch projectiles, not an ability. Contain-mint plants all do something different. Appease-mint are just plants who shoot in one direction. Enforce-mint plants are plants who strike physically, nothing else.

Even some Plants can belong to other or 2 Mint families: Torchwood can be a Pepper-mint plant but he's only Appease-mint for some odd reason. Many Spear-mint Plants can go into Enforce-mint. MANY Plants can go into Appease-mint like Nightshade, Shadow Peashooter, Fire Peashooter, Snow Pea, etc.
Fair enough
I'm iffy on the healing for wall plants cause that's more the players doing than an innate ability of walls, I also have some minor grammar issues but I can go in and fix them later. But besides that, everything looks great!
Btw I agree with removing the healing, it's not something the plants themselves do

Btw I agree with removing the healing, it's not something the plants themselves do
It's only something that applies to the wall plants so it's only in their section, but that can also just be applied to the player's profile if thats better
The type 2 immortality scan seems disingenuous. At the very least framing like they can survive without their head should be removed, because in PvZ 1 and 2 nearly any zombie's death animation has their head drop off and them shortly dying after. They can survive without limbs yes, but the head stuff is straight up false
They do have an after death animation of them surviving for a bit without a head, but regardless the scan comes from a trailer and isn't consistent
Ice Manipulation resistance also seems dubious, they get frozen regardless, they just also thaw out. We don't give someone a resistance by being effected by something and them and the effect just ending on its own.
The Zombie's justification for temperature resistance is the same as Plants. Any normal human or animal would freeze to death if they were encased in cold ice. This resistance is fine to keep just as "partial"
Acid resistance is just a no, your own scan notes how it was designed to not hurt zombies rather than them enduring it.
The "pH" means the level of acid it is, it's "pH balanced" as it's a level of acid Zombies can endure and Plants can't
Also not sure about that weakness to sun, since really they are are talking a machine which pulls over all the power of the sun to amplify plants and shoot sun blasts at the zombies. So it's not a weakness, the machine just uses the sun in a way to screw over the zombies
The Zombies immediately run from it and one Zombie's head comes clean off
Switch resistance to ice to resistance to temperature
Sure but the reasoning is the same for Plants, so I'll change there as well

It's only something that applies to the wall plants so it's only in their section, but that can also just be applied to the player's profile if thats better
That's better yes
They do have an after death animation of them surviving for a bit without a head, but regardless the scan comes from a trailer and isn't consistent
Still means you should remove the head section
The Zombie's justification for temperature resistance is the same as Plants. Any normal human or animal would freeze to death if they were encased in cold ice. This resistance is fine to keep just as "partial"
They're zombies, they're dead. The usual effects of being frozen don't matter to them, they can still be frozen just fine, they just thaw out. It's like giving resistance to ice to your chicken in the freezer.
The "pH" means the level of acid it is, it's "pH balanced" as it's a level of acid Zombies can endure and Plants can't
Doesn't change the fact that this acid rain is tailor made to melt plants and not zombies. There are irl materials that need a higher ph to melt than others which we wouldn't give resistance to acid for.
The Zombies immediately run from it and one Zombie's head comes clean off
Yah it has all the power of the sun condensed into one, this is basically an energy blast by that point. What are dragon ball characters weak to Ki because a strong enough blast kills them?

Also honestly I'd remove the Plant Food section from the plant physiology page. It's not a part of their physiology, it's a power-up the player can give them. Really I don't get why they're listed on plants at all, they can't access it on their own at all.

Doesn't change the fact that this acid rain is tailor made to melt plants and not zombies. There are irl materials that need a higher ph to melt than others which we wouldn't give resistance to acid for.

Yah it has all the power of the sun condensed into one, this is basically an energy blast by that point. What are dragon ball characters weak to Ki because a strong enough blast kills them?
Makes sense ig
Also honestly I'd remove the Plant Food section from the plant physiology page. It's not a part of their physiology, it's a power-up the player can give them. Really I don't get why they're listed on plants at all, they can't access it on their own at all.
We're planning on putting "(ability) with Plant Food (explanation)" on the profiles since to make sure it isn't part of their normal abilities, and put it in optional equipment "Plant Food from The Player". It also has a whole separate section dedicated to itself in the physiology page, it's not part of the standard abilities at all.

We can also just put "With Plant Food" in the standard ability section too since we do that with Sun

We're planning on putting "(ability) with Plant Food (explanation)" on the profiles since to make sure it isn't part of their normal abilities, and put it in optional equipment "Plant Food from The Player". It also has a whole separate section dedicated to itself in the physiology page, it's not part of the standard abilities at all.
Okay but this is a physiology page for the plants. Not only is this not a part of their physiology, it's something given by the player.
It just doesn't have any place here. Just have a tabber in the Player's profile for plant food's generic abilities and then link that on each plant's page with something like "Can have plant food which also grants them..."

Okay but this is a physiology page for the plants. Not only is this not a part of their physiology, it's something given by the player.
Again we can put it the same as we do with sun "With Plant Food: (Abilities)" it would be extremely redundant to give the same set of abilities to every page when it can just be in one place

Again we can put it the same as we do with sun "With Plant Food: (Abilities)" it would be extremely redundant to give the same set of abilities to every page when it can just be in one place
I already gave a way to make you to not need to copypaste the powers onto each page. A physiology page should not have equipment of a single character there, it isn't a physiology thing at all.

I already gave a way to make you to not need to copypaste the powers onto each page. A physiology page should not have equipment of a single character there, it isn't a physiology thing at all.
I guess that's fine then. Is that everything? or is there more you wanna add or change

Haven't noticed any other issues right now no
Alright then, I can create the pages and update the verse page to include said pages today, but I'm too busy rn to apply it to almost all profiles, I could only do it in a day or more due to school work

I also want to thank @AmogusSusfunni for being responsible for these pages existing since he originally created the sandboxes, me and other members in the discussion thread just added on additions to these sandboxes

Some plants, like Gatling Pea can active their Plant Food without the Player, so they probably should have the abilitie in their own profile

Some plants, like Gatling Pea can active their Plant Food without the Player, so they probably should have the abilitie in their own profile
Only those Plants specifically. With the example I gave before, it should be Plant Manipulation (Basic; Uses Plant Food passively)

Back