• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Poll] Mario/Bowser Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno. It seems safer to simply state MFTL+ flying speed. Do you have a link to how the meteors hit the ship?

Unfortunately, no. It happened off-screen. You just see the ship damaged with one of the meteors on it. Lubba just said Bowser stop him during their flight.

Hmm. I am uncertain. But then again, lots of other profiles here get ridiculously massive reflexes despite the creators likely never remotely intending the characters to be interpreted that way.

Antvasima said:
Hmm. I am uncertain. But then again, lots of other profiles here get ridiculously massive reflexes despite the creators likely never remotely intending the characters to be interpreted that way.
Well, you said yourself that several wrongs doesn't make a right. It's okay, don't worry about. I'll find a way to compromise it. Let's drop the topic since I know you are tired of this Grand Star fiasco.

Yes. I am personally generally against the principle of automatically assigning movement speed and reflexes based on flight speed, unless it is stated within the story that they are intended to be synonymous, but I do not have knowledge of a sufficient number of series, or enough time and energy, to organise a cleanup of all wiki profiles. I simply clarified this in the Speed page, and hoped that other people would help out.

Building on this, ironically, in general, some of the various franchises that I do care about likely get lower ratings than franchises that I don't care about, but which technically shouldn't be rated so high, due to that I have much more limited information about them.

Yes. Obscure characters that the staff know nothing about are harder to keep track of. We are trying to keep this wiki as reliable as possible, but it is an awful lot of work, and I sincerely doubt that more than half of the profiles are reasonably correct.

Ant, i didn;t follow enough here. So we put the characters at unknown even though the majority here thus far supports the downgrade, yes?

Antvasima said:
Yes. Obscure characters that the staff know nothing about are harder to keep track of. We are trying to keep this wiki as reliable as possible, but it is an awful lot of work, and I sincerely doubt that more than half of the profiles are reasonably correct.
That's true. Maybe we should take the Pokemon/DC/Marvel route and propose general revision for the lesser known/discussed fiction in this wiki such as Digimon or Power Rangers.

It was a downgrade of their overall statistics, but we cannot remove a valid feat either. Bowser legitimately created a black hole that was going to destroy the universe. There is no getting around that. But it is a specific ability that does not automatically scale to his, Mario's, or Luigi's other statistics.

Antvasima said:
I simply clarified this in the Speed page, and hoped that other people would help out.
See

I have a problem with this

Was this a unilateral decision on your part without any actual debate between your members?

Or something your community decided to uphold after an actual debate?

Because frankly... you're all divided as hell as far as I've observed on the matter

Well, I think we had talked about it several times, but yes, for once I made a personal decision to include a notice with information about it based on Tom Brevoort's statements. Or at least I think that I did. Everything I do around here is getting increasingly foggy given that I have to keep track of hundreds of things every single day.

Seems kind of shitty to me given this hobby is all about debate, but that's for your regular members to take up with you, not me

I'm just an observer that chips in and picks your brains out of curiousity

Well, we had previously talked about it, and we discuss extensively about these matters in the vast majority of all cases before they are implemented, but given that this was a minor detail that focused on information, for once I didn't think that it was such a big deal.

In addition, most people ignore it anyway. It is just a guideline.

Also, I apologise if I am being grouchy, but I do not appreciate you constantly criticising everything that I do. I have spent far more time and energy trying to build a good community from the ground up than can reasonably be demanded of me, and have also been far more democratic in my approach to constant civil discussion about virtually all changes than most other wikis remotely are.

I am currently very dizzy and burned out from all of the thousands of hours of work, but continue anyway since I am afraid that it would collapse without me, and I feel responsible for it.

ChaosTheory123 said:
Seems kind of shitty to me given this hobby is all about debate, but that's for your regular members to take up with you, not me
I'm just an observer that chips in and picks your brains out of curiousity
It's not his fault. With the sheer amount of fiction and pages with very few mods, admins, and a single owner, it's hard to keep track on these pages nowadays....especially when they have things to do outside the wiki.

I have genuinely done my best, and the wiki has at least ten times the visitor numbers that it did when I started here, but nothing is ever remotely going to be perfect, and the more contributors the harder it turns to manage and keep track of.

Antvasima said:
I have genuinely done my best, and the wiki has at least ten times the visitor numbers that it did when I started here, but nothing is ever remotely going to be perfect, and the more contributors the harder it turns to manage and keep track of.
Not an easy task at all. Maybe you should take a few days off. It is the hoidays after all.

Yup. I will probably have to do that. Ironically, the better I have done my job to turn this into a hospitable well-managed environment, the harder it has turned to do the job in question, since the wiki attracts more and more people. If I had let it stay as it was when I started, the job would have been much easier.

Well, before you do so, how would you like me to rate Megaman Starforce and Siruis since both characters gain their feats from the supermassive black hole? Should I replace the former with the feat of defeating Andomeda since it can destroy planets?

Dino Ranger Black said:
It's not his fault. With the sheer amount of fiction and pages with very few mods, admins, and a single owner, it's hard to keep track on these pages nowadays....especially when they have things to do outside the wiki.
Not blaming him

I'd just take a slower approach and broach the subjects as they come up as opposed to taking even minor, potentially even reasonable, liberties

You guys are doing well as far as I can tell, just feel its a touch... impatient?

@ChaosTheory Yeah, it probably was. I had read some information from Tom Brevoort that I wanted to get out there. We usually go overboard with discussing any major changes.

@DRB I dunno. I am going to bed now. I will try to remember checking on them tomorrow.

Antvasima did told me he'll take a vaction after our AP chart gets revised tomorrow...if Kavpeny is free by tomorrow, that is.

On-topic, Ant you've pretty much obviously done the changes to Mario, Bowser, and Luigi, right? Pretty sure this thread has probably reached a conclusion by now...

Yeah, I tried to fix them. DRB can probably message me later about the other black hole pages, so it is likely okay to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back