• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Powerless - Role Play Thread

Jael nodded, following alongside the Doctor.
A few minutes later, the two of them reached the entrance of the building where the rest of the crew was waiting.

The first thing that caught the Doctor's eye was Nick, the stranger that Rox and Moon had brought and so far the only person from Mondas who was still alive.
After everyone reunited, Nick started talking.
"Hello guys, I'm Nikolai but Nick works, I guess you want to know how the situation is these last few months?"
"Indeed, you have a lot of explaining to do, Nick. You can call me...", he responded to him but Roxanne interrupted before either of them could utter another word.
"Easy buddy, we are still in the open, we gotta get to the ship first, i said we needed a point to regroup again before returning to where we came from"

She then grabs his hand with her left arm, to pull him with her at the ship, Nick might be able to tell something about Rox from this hand grab done
"Hmm... How interesting.", he observed as she dragged Nick away, presumably back to their ship according to her.

"She's right though. If we don't hurry up, the storms might stop us from returning. Come on.", he signaled to Moonshine and Jael before leaving the building as well.

Last edited:
Nick let himself be dragged by them, after 5-10 minutes they arrived at the ship
"now can I talk?"
(By the way, Backbackback seems to be taking a break from all this, so let's assume his character is there)

Nick let himself be dragged by them, after 5-10 minutes they arrived at the ship
"now can I talk?"
(By the way, Backbackback seems to be taking a break from all this, so let's assume his character is there)
"Shoot"

Says as she took off her suit and sat down to her initial chair she was on before going in the building with Jael at first way back at the start of the mission

A few minutes later, the two of them reached the entrance of the building where the rest of the crew was waiting.

The first thing that caught the Doctor's eye was Nick, the stranger that Rox and Moon had brought and so far the only person from Mondas who was still alive.

"Indeed, you have a lot of explaining to do, Nick. You can call me...", he responded to him but Roxanne interrupted before either of them could utter another word.
Jael's arms were crossed while sitting down on the ship.

[JAEL] text log to [everyone]: Is it possible to add Nick to our encrypted logs?

Jael's arms were crossed while sitting down on the ship.

[JAEL] text log to [everyone]: Is it possible to add Nick to our encrypted logs?
"It should be if he's really who I think he is. Tosho knows how to do it so she can add him later but for now, let's not include him. We still have much to learn about after all.", the Doctor wrote in the chat while staring at Nick from a distance.

Last edited:
"Well, I guess you know what caused this, but don't you know where things stand now with the excess oxygen?" He says taking a second to continue his explanation.

His visor where his electronic eye are turn into a slide display to project a couple of images while he spoke.

"Well, the moderate-sized animals mostly had heart failure after 3 months while the insects began to adapt and grow faster, the humans began to run out of fear but due to the extra oxygen in the human body they quickly stopped. Obviously the solution was not to force the body to take in oxygen in large quantities or to use protective masks." He said.

"While most insects have the same properties and shapes only larger, ants, cockroaches and mosquitoes mutated drastically, and since you know, different ants exist so different mutations of these." He explains by flashing a couple of images on his viewfinder before putting up a map.

"From what I have been able to map there are 5 Cities, which are more or less protected on this continent underground to avoid sand storms and mosquito attacks, luckily the fact of their size made it difficult for them to create holes under ground, although they still have nests, it will simply take a long time to expand underground, so cities can more or less defend themselves if a hole is found."

"Finally there is the problem of interstellar communication, storms block the signals from the ecterior to the interior of the planet, although we can talk to each other anywhere in the world, we cannot lose help."

"The situation worsened when space pirates came and began to take advantage of the situation," he said, showing images of completely customized ships of varying quality descending in the distance.

"Well, I guess you know what caused this, but don't you know where things stand now with the excess oxygen?" He says taking a second to continue his explanation.

His visor where his electronic eye are turn into a slide display to project a couple of images while he spoke.

"Well, the moderate-sized animals mostly had heart failure after 3 months while the insects began to adapt and grow faster, the humans began to run out of fear but due to the extra oxygen in the human body they quickly stopped. Obviously the solution was not to force the body to take in oxygen in large quantities or to use protective masks." He said.

"While most insects have the same properties and shapes only larger, ants, cockroaches and mosquitoes mutated drastically, and since you know, different ants exist so different mutations of these." He explains by flashing a couple of images on his viewfinder before putting up a map.

"From what I have been able to map there are 5 Cities, which are more or less protected on this continent underground to avoid sand storms and mosquito attacks, luckily the fact of their size made it difficult for them to create holes under ground, although they still have nests, it will simply take a long time to expand underground, so cities can more or less defend themselves if a hole is found."

"Finally there is the problem of interstellar communication, storms block the signals from the ecterior to the interior of the planet, although we can talk to each other anywhere in the world, we cannot lose help."

"The situation worsened when space pirates came and began to take advantage of the situation," he said, showing images of completely customized ships of varying quality descending in the distance.
"From what I can gather, unfortunately, we aren't outfitted to deal with the present circumstances... However, we can report back to HQ which is the best course of action with the most likely outcome being that the citizens from these areas will be evacuated and Brizontech, the mining company that had purchased the majority of this planet, will be held accountable for hiding such a disaster from the rest of humanity. What do you guys think?", the Doctor asked the group.

"From what I can gather, unfortunately, we aren't outfitted to deal with the present circumstances... However, we can report back to HQ which is the best course of action with the most likely outcome being that the citizens from these areas will be evacuated and Brizontech, the mining company that had purchased the majority of this planet, will be held accountable for hiding such a disaster from the rest of humanity. What do you guys think?", the Doctor asked the group.
"Whatever you say Doc"

She took a bullet and a flat rock from her pocket and runs the bullet across the rock, as if it was a match needed to be lighted up and places it in her mouth

She was smoking the bullet as if it was a ciggar, as odd as that sounds and looks to possibly anybody checking out Roxanne now

At that Nick's face/visor changes to a circle within multiple circles where a line moves around the circles... basically like a radar.

"Hey, guys, how many of you are there?" He said, noticing how there were several points around in his radar that were moving towards the center.

[JAEL] text log to [everyone]: Are we sure more information wouldn't be necessary before reporting back?

At that Nick's face/visor changes to a circle within multiple circles where a line moves around the circles... basically like a radar.

"Hey, guys, how many of you are there?" He said, noticing how there were several points around in his radar that were moving towards the center.
"There is only five of us, six with you, why?"

Inhales from the "ciggar" and blows smoke afterwards

"well, my Hub tells me there are 20..." He says while his hands transform into energetic claws, apparently they followed the group and are on the ship.
From the corner of her eye she could see, at the same time that thunder fell in the distance and illuminated the area a little, a silhouette moved in the shadows.

"well, my Hub tells me there are 20..." He says while his hands transform into energetic claws, apparently they followed the group and are on the ship.
"Gimme a break..."

Rox would inhale and blow some smoke again as she grabbed her pistol in the left and moved to where these were at

"I got your back Nick, so lets move and kill some bugs or whatever they might be"

[JAEL] text log to [everyone]: Are we sure more information wouldn't be necessary before reporting back?
"Taking its urgency into account, I think we already have enough understanding of the situation to file a report. We also possess evidence and a witness to back it up so-", the Doctor was writing in the chat but accidentally posted his incomplete message due to being distracted by Nick's question.

"Are you certain that you're correct? I made sure to shut the ship's door on our way in and it can only be opened from the inside. Nothing could have gotten... Unless...", he spoke but his words faded upon realizing something.

"They were already here. They went inside earlier while the door was still open, hid, and waited for us to come back. But how did they even... Our pilot would have seen them. She was...", he went silent again as a sense of impending doom slowly set in. He quickly stood up from his seat and reached for his energy shotgun just as Roxanne talked.
"Gimme a break..."

Rox would inhale and blow some smoke again as she grabbed her pistol in the left and moved to where these were at

"I got your back Nick, so lets move and kill some bugs or whatever they might be"
"Moon (@The_man_with_the_Midas_touch), you go with them too. Jael (@ZoroNotZolo), come with me. Now.", he told them before exiting the room they were in.

Last edited:
(I have an idea. Can we just have the Doctor and Jael find the Librarian unconscious or something to incorporate @Backbackback's current absence into the story? Not deceased or severely harmed, just knocked out. Also a good reason for why the crew can't leave the planet yet)

Last edited:
“Whoa hold on-“ Moon said, yet by the time he had voiced his objections, the doctor had already left the room.

“*******…” Moon let out an annoyed sigh, before reaching into his suit, grasping one of his Thud-3 blades.

“…Whatever, fine. I’ll handle flanking. Rox can take the frontline.”

(I have an idea. Can we just have the Doctor and Jael find the Librarian unconscious or something to incorporate @Backbackback's current absence into the story? Not deceased or severely harmed, just knocked out. Also a good reason for why the crew can't leave the planet yet)
(I can work with this, what about you other think? need the vote of the others before countine)

The situation was serious, God knows how much damage they were doing to the ship's systems.

"I detect 3 to 40 meters through my infrared" Nick said as he pointed his arm toward a closed door that led to another part of the ship.

While both Jael and Doc found several claw marks in a dark room.

The situation was serious, God knows how much damage they were doing to the ship's systems.

"I detect 3 to 40 meters through my infrared" Nick said as he pointed his arm toward a closed door that led to another part of the ship.

While both Jael and Doc found several claw marks in a dark room.
The Doctor saw the light switch for the room but didn't press it. Instead, he pulled out his UV lamp, activated it, and shined it around inside, looking for any traces left behind that would show up due to fluorescence.

Last edited:

"On the count of three, we bust the door open...ready?"

Asks as she gets prepared with her pistol

(bump)
"On the count of three, we bust the door open...ready?"

Asks as she gets prepared with her pistol
"Ready" Nick responded as he took out his bow and a normal sharp arrow.

The Doctor saw the light switch for the room but didn't press it. Instead, he pulled out his UV lamp, activated it, and shined it around inside, looking for any traces left behind that would show up due to fluorescence.
He could see that there was a trace of blood, apparently the pilot would not let herself be defeated without first fighting.

He could see that there was a trace of blood, apparently the pilot would not let herself be defeated without first fighting.
He inspected the blood for a moment before turning off the lamp.

This isn't hers. Human blood doesn't glow under UV normally, of course assuming that her cyborg blood is remotely similar to a regular human. It must be hemolymph... If they bleed, we can kill them. This fact somewhat reassured him, though the lack of any dead insect lying around kept him on edge.

"They're close. This way.", the Doctor said to Jael as they continued advancing towards the cockpit of the spacecraft where he suspected they'd find something.

Last edited:
"Ready" Nick responded as he took out his bow and a normal sharp arrow.
"1....2....3!"

She kicks the door open violently and if there was any insect or crawling creature in any close proximity she shoots them all fast, given her pistol is a 3 round burst type, she shoots only 6 bullets out of it at them

The possibility they wont go down from her shoots will have her punch hard into the creatures with the left arm incoming at her, in that case they would explode from the force of her blows upon impact

While Rox kicked open the door, Moon vaulted over the woman, flipping through the air before activating his smart glove to attach himself to the ceiling above. With one hand attached to the surface, he grasped one of his blades with the other, slashing anything that tried to dodge Rox's initial attack, while keeping himself out of her line of fire.

This isn't hers. Human blood doesn't glow under UV normally, of course assuming that her cyborg blood is remotely similar to a regular human. It must be hemolymph... If they bleed, we can kill them. This fact somewhat reassured him, though the lack of any dead insect lying around kept him on edge.

"They're close. This way.", the Doctor said to Jael as they continued advancing towards the cockpit of the spacecraft where he suspected they'd find something.
Jael nodded, with adamantine claws ready for battle. After all, the claw marks could be somewhat worrying.

Jael nodded, with adamantine claws ready for battle. After all, the claw marks could be somewhat worrying.

They both could hear the noise of the ventilation as something moved through the ducts.
"1....2....3!"

She kicks the door open violently and if there was any insect or crawling creature in any close proximity she shoots them all fast, given her pistol is a 3 round burst type, she shoots only 6 bullets out of it at them

The possibility they wont go down from her shoots will have her punch hard into the creatures with the left arm incoming at her, in that case they would explode from the force of her blows upon impact
While Rox kicked open the door, Moon vaulted over the woman, flipping through the air before activating his smart glove to attach himself to the ceiling above. With one hand attached to the surface, he grasped one of his blades with the other, slashing anything that tried to dodge Rox's initial attack, while keeping himself out of her line of fire.
Several pulps of the purple color of blood fell immediately, how the enemies fell without the possibility of breathing due to the reckless attack of the three, an arrow pierced the skull of the creature that was in the other corner of the room it was trying to escape.

"Well, that was the last one here, let's move on."

Several pulps of the purple color of blood fell immediately, how the enemies fell without the possibility of breathing due to the reckless attack of the three, an arrow pierced the skull of the creature that was in the other corner of the room it was trying to escape.

"Well, that was the last one here, let's move on."
"Lets go then"

Not letting her guard, she moves forward with Nick and Moon to their next location

They both could hear the noise of the ventilation as something moved through the ducts.
(Among Us)
"That's suspicious...", he said while approaching one of the vent covers where air was being sucked in.

The Doctor took out the bottle of colourless liquid he had brought with him earlier and held it close to the grille. He then heated it up with a lighter in his pocket before opening it.

Vapour began spewing out of the container and pouring into the small gaps. Whatever was in the ventilation shafts shrieked and thrashed around for a bit but fell silent soon after.

"One liter of hydrogen cyanide. Volatile, flammable, toxic. If I'm not mistaken about how our air filtration system works, the fumes will pass through the entire network before being stored in a tank, purified, and released as fresh air so while we're completely fine, bugs crawling around inside won't be able to breathe and die. This does mean we'll have to clean the vents later but it's better than to invite some new friends to come live within the dark corners of our ship.", he explained to Jael.

He eventually closed the bottle after emptying all of its contents.

Last edited:
(Among Us)
"That's suspicious...", he said while approaching one of the vent covers where air was being sucked in.

The Doctor took out the bottle of colourless liquid he had brought with him earlier and held it close to the grille. He then heated it up with a lighter in his pocket before opening it.

Vapour began spewing out of the container and pouring into the small gaps. Whatever was in the ventilation shafts shrieked and thrashed around for a bit but fell silent soon after.

"One liter of hydrogen cyanide. Volatile, flammable, toxic. If I'm not mistaken about how our air filtration system works, the fumes will pass through the entire network before being stored in a tank, purified, and released as fresh air so while we're completely fine, bugs crawling around inside won't be able to breathe and die. This does mean we'll have to clean the vents later but it's better than to invite some new friends to come live within the dark corners of our ship.", he explained to Jael.

He eventually closed the bottle after emptying all of its contents.
The doctor's plan is working, after two minutes, Jael and he can hear the noise of erratic movement inside the ventilation, however, they also hear how metal breaks in the next room, probably trying to escape from toxic death so they decided to leave the ventilation
"Lets go then"

Not letting her guard, she moves forward with Nick and Moon to their next location
The next room was fortunately intact, it was the central communication area of the ship.

Back