• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
More Super state names should have alliteration methinks. Super Sonic/Shadow/Silver, Burning Blaze, Turbo/Titan Tails, Supreme Sage even if that’s technically not an actual name, and maybe others I’m missing. If Tails, Knuckles and Amy get proper Super states one day they should have their own names that continues this instead of just being “Super”. They could use Turbo or Titan for Tails again if they’re legally allowed to do that, and for Amy I was thinking of something like “Radiant Rose” (although it’d be funny if they went this route considering Radiant Peach is now a thing in Mario). Idk what to do for Knuckles yet.

More Super state names should have alliteration methinks. Super Sonic/Shadow/Silver, Burning Blaze, Turbo/Titan Tails, Supreme Sage even if that’s technically not an actual name, and maybe others I’m missing. If Tails, Knuckles and Amy get proper Super states one day they should have their own names that continues this instead of just being “Super”.
As a writing nerd I would 1,000,000% be down for an alliteration naming scheme. Super Sonic, Turbo Tails (too fun not to use and Archie be damned), Radiant Rose as you said, Knockout Knuckles, all that goofy stuff. Making their Super States more unique would be a nice flair, even though we know there's currently qualms with such things with the higher-ups.
Kronos Knuckles
Knuckles if Time Stones

As a writing nerd I would 1,000,000% be down for an alliteration naming scheme. Super Sonic, Turbo Tails (too fun not to use and Archie be damned), Radiant Rose as you said, Knockout Knuckles, all that goofy stuff. Making their Super States more unique would be a nice flair, even though we know there's currently qualms with such things with the higher-ups.
Wait, Knockout Knuckles is kinda perfect.

And yeah, I think it’d be cool to make their Super forms unique mechanically if the higher-ups ever allowed it. I’ve had a couple thoughts in my head. For Radiant Rose the Piko Piko Hammer could morph in shape to double as both a hammer and a magic staff, and the form would generally just be focused on magic. Her outfit would probably change as well.

For a Surge super form I was thinking of a name like “Superior Surge”, and her colour scheme would reverse Super Sonic’s fur and eye colours the same way her normal colours reverse base Sonic’s. In other words the green part of her fur would change to red and her eyes would change to a golden yellow. I’d also maybe change the black part of her fur to the blueish colour seen in some of her concept art (though I’m not entirely sure if that’d look good with the red or not), and her “hair” design would also obviously change though I haven’t put too much thought into what it should change to.

(After writing all that I just realised Burning Blaze already kinda does the same thing with the colour scheme, though the red is different from Super Sonic’s eye colour and there’s also a lot of pink so I guess it’d still be kinda unique for Surge)

Wait, Knockout Knuckles is kinda perfect.
Made it up on a whim but I think there might be some cooking there... Lol
And yeah, I think it’d be cool to make their Super forms unique mechanically if the higher-ups ever allowed it.
Honestly with that new guy hired as the head of Sega of Japan, maybe there'll be less stubbornness in mixong the status quo.
I’ve had a couple thoughts in my head. For Radiant Rose the Piko Piko Hammer could morph in shape to double as both a hammer and a magic staff, and the form would generally just be focused on magic. Her outfit would probably change as well.
Yooo, having it rooted in some mysticism due to her usage of tarots and etc. would be perfect. Even better, having her freely control the size of her hammerstaff.
For a Surge super form I was thinking of a name like “Superior Surge”, and her colour scheme would reverse Super Sonic’s fur and eye colours the same way her normal colours reverse base Sonic’s. In other words the green part of her fur would change to red and her eyes would change to a golden yellow. I’d also maybe change the black part of her fur to the blueish colour seen in some of her concept art (though I’m not entirely sure if that’d look good with the red or not), and her “hair” design would also obviously change though I haven’t put too much thought into what it should change to.
Superior Surge is very tongue-in-cheek and I am literally all for it. Also a fun nod to Superior Spidey which isn't too far off with the superiority complex.
(After writing all that I just realised Burning Blaze already kinda does the same thing with the colour scheme, though the red is different from Super Sonic’s eye colour and there’s also a lot of pink so I guess it’d still be kinda unique for Surge)
I know Ian dabbled with the idea of trying to shill "Scorching Sonic" and "Brilliant Blaze" (them being powered by each other's Emeralds), but damn it does that still really sound kinda badass... I imagine Blaze's tunic adopting a white and gold color scheme

Superior Surge is very tongue-in-cheek and I am literally all for it. Also a fun nod to Superior Spidey which isn't too far off with the superiority complex.
Yeah the Superior Spider-Man resemblance was intentional, also the title having the word super in it was doubly cool to me.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if Mecha Sonic would’ve become a Superior Spidey-like character if he succeeded in swapping bodies with Sonic during Scrapnik Island. Tbf I haven’t fully read that comic yet so idk if that would be in character or not, but from what I’ve seen I don’t think Mecha would’ve been that bad of a guy.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if Mecha Sonic would’ve become a Superior Spidey-like character if he succeeded in swapping bodies with Sonic during Scrapnik Island.
Exactly the vibe I got from that event.
Tbf I haven’t fully read that comic yet so idk if that would be in character or not, but from what I’ve seen I don’t think Mecha would’ve been that bad of a guy.
The SINGLE greatest IDW arc imo. Only 4 issues but one of the greatest adaptations of Sonic and his character. I mean just look at his IDW quote to Mecha, that shit is goated. Daniel Barnes is an incredible new-age Sonic writer, one of the best. And Mecha's poignant dialogue at the end... Yeah, amazing stuff.

The SINGLE greatest IDW arc imo. Only 4 issues but one of the greatest adaptations of Sonic and his character. I mean just look at his IDW quote to Mecha, that shit is goated. Daniel Barnes is an incredible new-age Sonic writer, one of the best. And Mecha's poignant dialogue at the end... Yeah, amazing stuff.
Right after saying that my immediate first thought was “wait, why haven’t I read it yet?”

So I read it, and yup it was peak. If not for Mecha’s very existence I’d probably be rocking Sigma as a pfp right now, as I liked him a lot more than I expected to.

Last edited:
If not for Mecha’s very existence I’d probably be rocking Sigma as a pfp right now, as I liked him a lot more than I expected to.
Sigma was also a very cool addition!
Return of Mecha wen
I unironically believe the Scrapniks will return for an IDW special. Not even a one-shot, but maybe as a force that helps the good guys when they're cornered by Eggman or something (like near Issue 75 or 100 or something).

Back