• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Mycroft_er

How hard or easy would say ripping the text from the Steampunk VN is to you?

I got asked by RM97 earlier off-site and that might help out with me doing Celenaria TL's but IDK if it's an EZ thing or a difficult thing to get from a VN.

Basically what you did for SN Fandisc and putting them into a doc or app whatever.

@Mycroft_er

How hard or easy would say ripping the text from the Steampunk VN is to you?

I got asked by RM97 earlier off-site and that might help out with me doing Celenaria TL's but IDK if it's an EZ thing or a difficult thing to get from a VN.

Basically what you did for SN Fandisc and putting them into a doc or app whatever.
It's not hard but quite time consuming.

I extract using Textractor, then check and edit again before posting them. Before they were edited, well, what a mess. That's why I need to check the VN again and correct the texts.

Some short scenes may be okay but the whole work is not, you will be very tired lol.

Good point lol

It would surely take long because of the hours longs snippets you have to go through and collect. Wouldn't be worth it unless you're looking to have it all in text form or do something even more ambitious like making a TL patch in another language or for any other reason for that matter.

Wonder if there is anything interesting in the Steampunk Full-voice Fandisk? I think that's where M=Edison comes from, but idk if anything else is there.

It's apparently only like 3 hours long too, I happen to have the link to download it, but obviously it's untranslated.
Did you by chance get it from here? Or at least anywhere on there that leads to a downloadable link?

My contact for WAB projects seems interested in downloading it too.

IDK if they'll consider doing a project to get a patch out of this one though, but it could be possible if it piques their interest enough.

Either I forgot where I found it or I was completly mistaken, either way no don't have a link for it.

I do have a link for Celenaria though. Also a link for Karashrer's sound track, which I didn't know was a thing till now.

Anything else interesting left in Shining Night?

Kinda interested in that story with Berta in a dress :unsure: Also don't know if it was serious, but didn't Jo like talk about seriously going after Tesla or something? Kinda interested in seeing how the Neon/Tesla relationship develops.

Oh, more story content out of Shining Night would be neat. My contact on WAB is busy with IRL priorities so their project is put on hold atm until they get that done.

Been also busy with a novel commission I've been doing for months now since the start of the year which is why I also haven't posted anything much of WAB again since Long Goodbye lol.

Speaking of WAB, I did come back to doing that again starting off the last of the Sona Nyl Doujin stories I haven't done yet so that will be something else. I'll also get down to the magazine stories again.

@Mycroft_er On that note, would you be up to posting an episode or two from the Steampunk Fullvoice Fandisc from Inganock? Specifically Dark Green Zanthu at least? It might help us out to finishing the full story context and content for the magazine because, as I said before here many times, I have the magazines on me of that story but I don't have the complete set as I followed a guide on Liarsoft's magazines and there wasn't one listed on another concerning Dark Green Zanthu. The most it's gotten covered is right up until Gii fights the antag of that episode.

IDK if I really need the full episode necessarily but if you want, you can do that. I was hoping if we can get at least the last portions of that specific episode if it's not too much to ask on this.

I'm currently busy with some irl work but will try to post some stuff from the Steampunk Fullvoice Fandisc. They can be Dark Green Zanthu and the scene contains M = Edison content.

Shining Night also has things like the conversation between Jo and Aleister Crowley, the Vigilantes meeting,... and lots of slice-of-life scenes. I'll post them later, no time right now lol.

I'm currently busy with some irl work but will try to post some stuff from the Steampunk Fullvoice Fandisc. They can be Dark Green Zanthu and the scene contains M = Edison content.

Shining Night also has things like the conversation between Jo and Aleister Crowley, the Vigilantes meeting,... and lots of slice-of-life scenes. I'll post them later, no time right now lol.
That'd be BASED af owo.

Oooh, another Aleister Crowley thing, sweet. And Vigilantes, that's gonna be awesome especially seeing Shadam Coco's backside OWO

I'll get what I have of Dark Green Zanthu so we have a base of events to know wassup.

I guess Japanese writers are another breed of high stoners lol.
Can you translate them? They are episode titles in Sharnoth Fandisc.
Anh_chup_man_hinh_6250.png
Regarding the first title, it seems to be アーシェの月曜日、もしくは、ハワード・フィリップスの憂鬱

Can you translate them? They are episode titles in Sharnoth Fandisc.
Anh_chup_man_hinh_6250.png
Regarding the first title, it seems to be アーシェの月曜日、もしくは、ハワード・フィリップスの憂鬱
Holy lord, that long ass name lol.

I got you.

1st Ep: "Ange's Monday, or Howard Phillips Melancholy"

2nd Ep: "A girl's biscuit"

3rd Ep: "A garden of rabbits" (Could also probably be "A rabbit's garden")

4th Ep: "Tea with Kitten"

I've seen a JP playlist of the Sharnoth fandisc portion on Niconico and the last one is where the "Edison is also another M/Nyarlathotep" comes from. It's also where a mention of NY came up and while I didn't really get all of it, there's something about a large-scale suggestion camouflage that was set up on NY for some reason. Either it has to do with people forgetting about NY or something of that sort, yet Mary was mentioned to be able to somewhat know about it?

Could be another resistance feat we'd get from her on this one owo.

OUGH!!!! YESH! FINALLY!!! Some new content!!! WEW!!!

After having these magazines on me for like 3 yrs, I FINALLY got the other major story from the magazines on Inganock done. Dark Green Zanthu.

It's got episodes that, as typical of Sakurai, flashes around between the past and present times.

As incomplete the magazine version is, it's also got something interesting that ties it to Sharnoth just like the WN does there too.

With that, Inganock is done in story content in terms of the magazines. Although granted I later found out some other magazines in between the ones I have actually had more story content for Inganock and even Sharnoth still but since I don't have them and they're out of stock afaik, it's hard to say when they'll ever resurface if ever...if not, it's a lost cause...

But even so. STEAMPUNK MUST PREVEIL!!!!

Great. So do you still need the Dark Green Zanthu script in Fandisc?
Probably, especially the last bit of DGZ script since it has a more completed end to the story's conflict compared to the magazine.

If it's possible and when you have time to compile it, sure.

I also wanna see how much the diff the text is from the magazine version is like or not. Otherwise, I can just make a post but link them to my magazine posts lol.

Last edited:
Interesting stuff, wondering what experiment The Society is conducting.

Dont know if Kikai being linked to Old Ones, will result on anything.
Since we already have Sharnoth and we know who this Professor is (the actual James Moriarty), it was pretty much the Sharnoth Plan that's mentioned here and there beyond just the VN like various side mats such as the magazines. The Plan in Valusia, which is headed by Hilde Rome d'Arc (Steel Princess) and Charles Leclarc (Machine Lord) is what IDK about but it seems just like with Sharnoth, they needed Green Stones for it.

LOL at Machine Lord wanting to destroy M and Baron if he didn't have enough though. I don't think that dude or anyone in the Society besides maybe Thoth even knows who or even what M and Baron are for that one xD.

Tbf, there was a line Sakurai said on Twitter years ago that had her brought up the Meta=Critters being related to the Shintai...or kinda not? I forgot how it went and it was hard to put it out here, but I do remember Shintai are just Old Ones preserved in metal engine bodies so they don't completely vanish cuz of MUH SCIENECE civilization.

That would definitely change some stuff given what we kinda know about Old Ones. Critters are at least said to be different from them as fantasy beings, but Old Ones having some link to them tho...OOH.

Also, Souk having 100 Critter Bodies and Gii just confronting the guy with it is so funny. I kinda wonder where the main story on that one even exactly takes place. Ruaha is still there with them and Bandersnatch was mentioned briefly so it's at least some time after Bandersnatch incident since it can't be when Porshion evolved given Ruaha had already left to live with Kerkan by that point.

That means Gii basically did an Archduke moment where he one-shotted something with dozens of bodies owo

@Mycroft_er

Saw you uploaded the vid the other day. Noice.

But damn, we don't see the full fight lol. Sakurai did an Archduke where Gii goes to "fight" Astaire but we never got to see it lol.

That's so C-blocking lol.

Although I think there's stuff we can get from this just by the implications alone plus some other stuff too:
  • Gii confronts Souk, who is merged with a Critter (Soundblast) and has also turned 100 people into himself with the same virus that turned him into a vampire, meaning just like how Gii killed 33 lives of Astaire in the main VN, here he killed something that had a "hundred of himself".
  • Gii's Equation Eye is pretty broken, since he can identify the Souk's for what they are beyond the human eye. That's probably another feat for extrasensory perception we can use.
  • Gii's Cracking healing is super potent seeing that it allowed him to survive Souk's virus thing, albeit he was implied to be at death's door it seems. Still, he was able to survive so that's something else.
  • Soundblast is an "ultra-small Critter" with the power to release sounds that rattles people's heads and cause them eternal madness. Should also be a resistance feat of sorts seeing as Gii is still alive and with his Kikai, he naturally shouldn't be affected.
  • Sorta hard to say on this one, but I guess M should have Stealth Mastery? Considering he apparently managed to enter a place with higher security than a cardinals room and somehow managed to not alert any guards.

M doesn't really have a presence like normal people since he is nothingness, and we have seen him appear in lock rooms without unlocking the doors, doing this via the darkness in the room.

So yea no Stealth, just M using his nigh-omnipresence.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about that lol.

Fun fact, the way M is described differently here is I think this was a prototype look for M until it was finalized with the look we know in Sharnoth proper. Even Sakurai made a note about why he looks so different since the magazines were prior to Sharnoth's publication.

That said, I kinda wanna make a Souk page too. Inganock be so wack with the kind of stuff they have.

Speaking of, I kinda miss doing Inganock related content.

@Mycroft_er I don't suppose we can try to clear out the other stories of the fandisc for Inganock at a later point?

Just checked the Inganock webenovel as I noticed the magazine with the story of Souk and the Green Stones makes mention of it at the end of the final Zanthu storyline issue.

Turns out, the story about Gii and Ati being involved with the Biring firm (or Bearing's Inc. as Amaterasu TL translated as) is actually mentioned in the WN itself too.

Back then I didn't paid much attention to that, but it's interesting that something Sakurai wrote as one of several incidents Ati and Gii were involved actually got further detailed in the fanclub magazines.

Now I wish I kinda invested a bit more on the magazines because this just makes it interesting how everything connects back when something didn't seem that important at first.

Even the bits with M/The Society is also consistent and connected since M was assigned to go to Inganock to go retrieve some Green Stone(s) over there and why Baron and several of the Society's upper echelons (Machine Lord, Steel Princess, and Adam Weishaupt) were discussing about them and the follow up plans discussed for Sharnoth and Valusia.

Back