• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Topaz's Indie Stats Equal Tournament: Round 9- The Reckoning vs the Penitent One

Alrighty then
So, the first thing to get out of the way, would the Penitent One count as a psionic? It's listed that he has telepathy/magic abilities on his profile, so if he counts that would make him vulnerable to The End messing with his soul/mind. If not, I don't see any reason cone man would make a deal with The End nor are there any mentioned extra souls powering him up, so The End's soul hax would be off the table

Is there anything the cone man can do against The End's incorporeality? I know it's listed that he can attack Wraiths and Cimbalillos, which can apparently go through walls, but The End is a cloud of literal thought and those enemies both look like actual beings that can just phase through walls, and that seems like a step below what The End is like. Not familiar with the game tho so correct me if I'm wrong.

As I said in the Asriel thread The End sort of just sits in one place and uses its massive health pool and shields to soak up damage as it fires back against its enemies, though its lasers are nearly instant in hitting things there is some time between shots and it occasionally misses against fast ships like corvettes
How fast does the Penitent One attack? Could he overwhelm the shield's regeneration and actually get to The End's main body to do damage?

Last edited:
So, the first thing to get out of the way, would the Penitent One count as a psionic?
I wouldn't think so, he never directly reads minds by himself, he needs relic to do so
Is there anything the cone man can do against The End's incorporeality? I know it's listed that he can attack Wraiths and Cimbalillos, which can apparently go through walls, but The End is a cloud of literal thought and those enemies both look like actual beings that can just phase through walls, and that seems like a step below what The End is like. Not familiar with the game tho so correct me if I'm wrong.
Is the The End some kind of entity or is it literally just a cloud of thought?
As I said in the Asriel thread The End sort of just sits in one place and uses its massive health pool and shields to soak up damage as it fires back against its enemies, though its lasers are nearly instant in hitting things there is some time between shots and it occasionally misses against fast ships like corvettes
How fast does the Penitent One attack? Could he overwhelm the shield's regeneration and actually get to The End's main body to do damage?
How durable is the shield?

I wouldn't think so, he never directly reads minds by himself, he needs relic to do so
then fair enough
Is the The End some kind of entity or is it literally just a cloud of thought?
The villains wiki has a good picture of what they look like
basically just a ball of light the size of a planet floating through space and zapping things with its lasers
How durable is the shield?
From the Paradox wiki:
As the Reckoning randomly targets worlds to destroy, its power will increase as it consumes more pops (up to 5000 pops). It gains bonuses to hull, shield, fire-rate, damage, and shield regeneration as follows:

Pop.png Devoured pops
Health
Health
Shield
Shield
Shield
Shield regen bonus
Attack speed
Attack cooldown
Damage
Damage
Other stats
0-49960,000150,0001002.174x 600–1400
  • 5x Mod ship speed mult.png Jumpdrive Range
  • 30%
    Evasion
    Evasion
500-999110,000250,0002001.454x 1200–2800
1000-2499160,000350,0003001.084x 1800–4200
2500-4999210,000450,0004000.874x 2400–5600
5000+260,000550,0005000.724x 3000–6000
we uh, never specified how many souls it claimed in this tournament, but basically, it's about twice the health of The Reckoning itself
since stats are equalized, and the end isn't going to be claiming the billions of souls needed to up its pop count, let's just leave it at that

then fair enough

The villains wiki has a good picture of what they look like
basically just a ball of light the size of a planet floating through space and zapping things with its lasers

From the Paradox wiki:
As the Reckoning randomly targets worlds to destroy, its power will increase as it consumes more pops (up to 5000 pops). It gains bonuses to hull, shield, fire-rate, damage, and shield regeneration as follows:

Pop.png Devoured pops
Health
Health
Shield
Shield
Shield
Shield regen bonus
Attack speed
Attack cooldown
Damage
Damage
Other stats
0-49960,000150,0001002.174x 600–1400
  • 5x Mod ship speed mult.png Jumpdrive Range
  • 30%
    Evasion
    Evasion
500-999110,000250,0002001.454x 1200–2800
1000-2499160,000350,0003001.084x 1800–4200
2500-4999210,000450,0004000.874x 2400–5600
5000+260,000550,0005000.724x 3000–6000
we uh, never specified how many souls it claimed in this tournament, but basically, it's about twice the health of The Reckoning itself
since stats are equalized, and the end isn't going to be claiming the billions of souls needed to up its pop count, let's just leave it at that
Yeah considering that, if souls claimed means its power would just go up exponentially, then truth be told, it would be so much of a headache for everyone that im just kinda handwaving it

the whole point of the stat equalization plus hax capped to high is to make it so both opponents have a chance to at least fight back

Yeah considering that, if souls claimed means its power would just go up exponentially, then truth be told, it would be so much of a headache for everyone that im just kinda handwaving it

the whole point of the stat equalization plus hax capped to high is to make it so both opponents have a chance to at least fight back
agreed

unless im fighting gestalt and i can talk my way into absorbing all of hell so I out evolve the evolver

hm, and are the lasers it shoots FTL? or are they equalized? (ill respond to the whole post depending on the answer)
In game they appear and hit all at once before fading away
they definitely move faster than The Reckoning does outside of hyperlanes, so they should be faster than the equalized speed

In game they appear and hit all at once before fading away
they definitely move faster than The Reckoning does outside of hyperlanes, so they should be faster than the equalized speed
alright, now for my ultimate conclusion, my big assessment, my grand argument................................ The End stomps, 4 reasons, 1 too big, 2 really unlikely that Penitent One prayers work on it, 3 attacks are most likely much faster than PO, and 4 PO most likely cant break the shield in any sort of good time.

unless im missing something PO only win con might be this (at 2:52) but like I said in point 2 unlikely that it even works

(Tbh i think size shouldve been equalized from the start, my bad Average)
nah its fine, though size a factor, the main problem here is The End being literal thoughts or what not cant one-shot with Cante Jondo of the Three Sisters womp womp

I mean, im pretty sure the Hax restriction should make it possible to kill The End (in the context of this anyways), but yeah......PO kinda gets bent here.

alright, now for my ultimate conclusion, my big assessment, my grand argument................................ The End stomps, 4 reasons, 1 too big, 2 really unlikely that Penitent One prayers work on it, 3 attacks are most likely much faster than PO, and 4 PO most likely cant break the shield in any sort of good time.

unless im missing something PO only win con might be this (at 2:52) but like I said in point 2 unlikely that it even works
unfortunately, The Reckoning doesn't have any organs to esplode

though tbh I don't think it's as big a stomp as you think
the size is equalized, and it really doesn't do anything but sit in one place and fire. its shields are what gets it the win
but, if you want to throw in the towel I'm fine with that as well : )

But the question then becomes, does PO have the firepower to wear down the shields? If not, welp

wait can PO interact with The End based on the rules? because if so the PO might (HUGE asterisk) be able to win (though if The End immediately starts with an attack then PO loses)

wait can PO interact with The End based on the rules? because if so the PO might (HUGE asterisk) be able to win (though if The End immediately starts with an attack then PO loses)
Technically, yes, rules are in place to make it so both combatants can at least hurt/interact with each other

Technically, yes, rules are in place to make it so both combatants can at least hurt/interact with each other
but, incorporality is an ability, not a stat?
doesn't really matter for this round, since if the PO starts in The End's range then it will immediately start firing, but for future rounds

but, incorporality is an ability, not a stat?
doesn't really matter for this round, since if the PO starts in The End's range then it will immediately start firing, but for future rounds
Incorporeality would most likely fall above High in terms of Defensive Hax , considering only so little would be able to actually affect it if that makes sense. Not everyone here has potent enough soulhax (im pretty sure), so, ya know, to make it fair....

Incorporeality would most likely fall above High in terms of Defensive Hax , considering only so little would be able to actually affect it if that makes sense. Not everyone here has potent enough soulhax (im pretty sure), so, ya know, to make it fair....
sad, but understandable
so, reckoning fra?

Yeah kinda looks like Reckoning is gonna take this one. RIP PO, but hey- if all goes well, i may do a losers bracket. Maybe some of the losers get to shine more there
But yeah

Kinda shocked how quick this is going now. One more match and the semi-finals can begin

oh bruh........................

I was mainly worried because though PO can interact with incorporeal beings The End might not be considered a "being" as its just a collection of thoughts so i thought it be similar to PO casting a prayer on a very thick cloud of fog, fog cant really be "killed" (or maybe im mixing up some stuff with dimensional stuff)

So does The End always start with an a laser attack or whatnot or is there time before? If there is any sort of time between the start of the fight and its attack PO could cast 2 Cante Jondo of the Three Sisters and ggs, (also unless im stupid Cante affects incorporeal beings and would also affect the shield as its a AOE roar)

So does The End always start with an a laser attack or whatnot or is there time before?
It has 2 attacks. If it's killing a planet, it drags the planet into the Shroud and sucks up all life on it, leaving it between dimensions and uninhabitable.
If it's fighting something that fights back, it shoots lasers as soon as it gets within range and doesn't stop until the thing dies.
If there is any sort of time between the start of the fight and its attack PO could cast 2 Cante Jondo of the Three Sisters and ggs, (also unless im stupid Cante affects incorporeal beings and would also affect the shield as its a AOE roar)
Again, that spell's description says it makes a sound that explodes organs and stuff, The End doesn't have organs or even a ghostly structure to explode

It has 2 attacks. If it's killing a planet, it drags the planet into the Shroud and sucks up all life on it, leaving it between dimensions and uninhabitable.
If it's fighting something that fights back, it shoots lasers as soon as it gets within range and doesn't stop until the thing dies.
Alright well after the first anything PO will probably just die as he cant dodge the attacks
Again, that spell's description says it makes a sound that explodes organs and stuff, The End doesn't have organs or even a ghostly structure to explode
I'd say It would affect The End mainly because of PO affecting incompletely beings with it, also because its not a spell that targets organs or the soul, it a AOE attack that damages every enemy in its vicinity, the Organ and Bone part is probably just flavor text related to the fact that most enemy's in the game are flesh and blood, but eh doesn't matter if it Cante interacts or not, PO can't dodge nor tank the first attack so he def loses

So The End FRA

Back