• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

5-B Pokémon Upgrade

Deoxys is 5-B, will become 5-A. Everyone who upscales will thus also be 5-A. The 4-B ratings will not be affected by this revision.

The Primals should only scale to about half this feat fyi.
It was going to take both of them together with their strongest moves to fight off this meteor, and it's implied they may not have even been strong enough to do so, at least without a bit more training.

The Primals should only scale to about half this feat fyi.
It was going to take both of them together with their strongest moves to fight off this meteor, and it's implied they may not have even been strong enough to do so, at least without a bit more training.
As I said, they'll be baseline, as Deoxys feat is like x2 the Baseline 5-A

That's fair (though imo the high-mid end was actually the best and safest end but eh).

I'd put anybody that scales to half at "At least 5-B, likely 5-A", given that by technicality, they would be 0.01 Yottatons below the threshold of 5-A. Obviously it's plausible they're over it and that some margin of acceptable error would place them as such, but still.

That's fair (though imo the high-mid end was actually the best and safest end but eh).
In what way? The scans provided didn't evidently suggest 10 seconds any more than 30, and I don't understand how it would be safer to use one of the highest ends.

I'd put anybody that scales to half at "At least 5-B, likely 5-A", given that by technicality, they would be 0.01 Yottatons below the threshold of 5-A. Obviously it's plausible they're over it and that some margin of acceptable error would place them as such, but still.
It would be safer just Baseline 5-A tbh, there are Mega Latios and Mega Latias which are even half of them, making them Baseline 5-B+, so to make things simpler, I'd suggest this way, because 2 tiers for just 0.01 Yottatons of difference is pretty dumb

In what way? The scans provided didn't evidently suggest 10 seconds any more than 30, and I don't understand how it would be safer to use one of the highest ends.

The absolute staggering amount of speed lines and motion blur in the ejection panel doesnt suggest that it took half a minute to transpire. Relative to the size of the debris, the panel and the planet, the excessive amount of motion blur suggests they covered the distance and were moving at, well, speeds that would be a blur, relative to the size of the panel and planet. something half a minute or a minute wouldn't really warrant, at least not to the degree that was drawn. Now, even the lowest end you'd could say they're going ridiculously fast, triple to quad digit mach, which definitely warrants that much blur, but that's a half truth, that's only relative to us, relative to the planet and the dimension of the paneling, it really isn't that fast at all (the fact it's defined by length of time, that being 30 seconds here gets the point across, taking 30 seconds to cross the panel isnt really indicative of the effects drawn).

Safest doesn't inherently mean lowest, it can mean lowest, but that's depending on the calc and context, safest as in what's probably the most accurate to what actually transpired without making ludicrous assumptions, in both directions. I feel it's the safest as I feel it's the closest to what actually happened without assuming an extremely long length of time or something pushing it in the other direction like 5 seconds or less.

I’ll take care of the edits. Link me the falc one more time, and what profiles scale? I know Deo, Ray, and the Mews for certain.

I’ll take care of the edits. Link me the falc one more time, and what profiles scale? I know Deo, Ray, and the Mews for certain.
Basically
  • Any single 5-B rating for any Pokémon character which scales from Deoxys and charas on par/above it will be 5-A
  • Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre will be Baseline 5-A
  • Mega Latios/Mega Latias will be from Low 5-B+ to just 5-B+
  • Hoopa will be from "At least High 6-A, possibly at least 5-B" to "At least High 6-A, possibly at least 5-A to 4-B"

It would be safer just Baseline 5-A tbh, there are Mega Latios and Mega Latias which are even half of them, making them Baseline 5-B+, so to make things simpler, I'd suggest this way, because 2 tiers for just 0.01 Yottatons of difference is pretty dumb
In what way is this safer?

Uhh isn’t there still disagreement/discussion in the blog itself?
A bit outdated disagreement, but yes. The end I've accepted (which, granted, they should weigh in on) uses the correct mass again.

That wouldn't make it safe, it'd make it convenient.

That wouldn't make it safe, it'd make it convenient.
At this point I'd make these AP ratings for those who scale below Deoxys:
  • Groudon / Krogre (Primal Key): At least Planet level+ (1.12501207e34 Joule / 2.69 Yottatons), with "half as powerful as Deoxys" in their AP description
  • Latios / Latias (Mega Key): (Baseline) Planet level+

Last edited:
I'm perfectly fine with "Likely 5-A" given the slight difference between half of Deoxys' feat and baseline 5-A, I just think ignoring 5-B is foolish since, in all fairness, the margin of error can work against us as well. Meaning it could be lower than 2.69 Yottatons as well. It may be splitting hairs but these hairs are worth splitting, imo.

Other than that, I'm fine with everything, though again, DMUA in particular should voice his final opinion on the calc given that he's also been working on it consistently.

Thing is that, the "likely" ratings are usually given to huge tier differences, not such such a slim difference, so we'd have to choose between 5-B+ or Baseline 5-A, because such a complication is useless and not even worth at all.

Giving 2 tiers for literally just 0.01 difference is just no, we never did such

Thing is that, the "likely" ratings are usually given to huge tier differences, not such such a slim difference, so we'd have to choose between 5-B+ or Baseline 5-A, because such a complication is useless and not even worth at all.

Giving 2 tiers for literally just 0.01 difference is just no, we never did such
That really isn't true? I don't know where you got that idea? The "likely" ratings are what they say on the tin, used to depict when a creature could likely be the following tier. It doesn't arbitrarily need to be "huge tier differences". To quote the page where this comes from...

"Should be used to list a statistic for a character with some basis, but inconclusive due to the justification being vague or non-definitive. The probability of the justification in question for being reliable should be favourable. This term should be used sparingly."

...which is exactly what we're looking at here.

No, we have done such a thing, I can literally tell you multiple pages that do it.
Fine, you won lmao.

So, new ratings are:
  • Deoxys, Base Mewtwo, Base Rayquaza, Mew and any single chara which scales from them: 5-B -> 5-A
  • Primal Groudon / Kyogre: 5-B -> At least 5-B+, likely 5-A
  • Mega Latios / Latias: At least Low 5-B+ -> 5-B+
  • Hoopa: At least High 6-A, possibly at least 5-B -> At least High 6-A, possibly at least 5-A to 4-B
  • Any single "At least 5-B, likely 4-B" will be "At least 5-A, likely 4-B"
  • Cobalion, Virizion and Terrakion: " At least Low 6-B, likely 5-B" -> At least Low 6-B, likely 5-A

Last edited:
Tho @Ionliosite, would you gimme some examples?

Baki's last key

Just one question which may sound idiotic, but given the statements of Earth being destroyed and the curve that was seen behind the debris, couldn’t it have been the light from the explosion? Somewhat similar with some DBZ planet bustings I have seen.

Just one question which may sound idiotic, but given the statements of Earth being destroyed and the curve that was seen behind the debris, couldn’t it have been the light from the explosion? Somewhat similar with some DBZ planet bustings I have seen.
Is too dark to be a light remain tbh

Back