• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Tale of Lost Swords Discussion Thread

Monarch_Laciel

VS Battles
Retired
Originally starting as merely a character created to play in a Holy Grail War RP, the world of A Tale of Lost Swords (originally known as Erebus) has recently expanded significantly, and is quickly becoming one of my most well developed verses, at least in terms of history and lore.

So, I've created a discussion thread for it.

Here's the current characters.

http://fcoc-vs-battles.wikia
Erebus Orestes
The Dead Gods
The Second Guardia
Nicomedes Oneiroi
The Seventh Guardia
The Gigantic Hydra
Se
The First Guardia
The Authority of Conquest

I'd say the gigantic hydra's image is about equal to the 2nd guardian's image in space taken up oWo. It's just that since it doesn't have a background, it seems to take up less

This happened the first time when Sera was setting a gallery for her verses characters. I thought it might be the alignment of the images position but idk if that's truly the case or not...

I think the problem is that their images are smaller and take up much less space than the others vertically and more horizontally. Even Erebus is offset a little.

Onto the topic at hand, what killed off the Dead Gods? If they're so immensely powerful, I can't see them dying from old age of all things.

It's a mystery.

Maybe internal strife. Maybe an experiment went wrong and killed them all. Maybe there's an other group of gods that showed up and killed them.

We don't know much about them actually. Just legends about them creating the universe, a few higher dimensional areas from where pieces of Heaven fell to earth, stuff like that.

I kind of actually like the idea of the characters here being able to affect lower and higher dimensions while still being of a "low" tier like 7-A.

Going by the Dead Gods profile, I assume they can affect up to 1-C, correct?

They can afffect up to at least 8 dimensions, yes.

Anything that's actually capable of destroying an 8-D multiverse curbs them, but any power that is the "territory of the dead gods" (read: higher dimensional "magic") like Nicomedes' fate manipulation or the power of the God Swords is qualitatively superior to any magic from the natural 4-D world

I very much liked the idea of a giant snake head the size of a mountain suddenly lunging out of empty space to devour you.

That you get BFR'd to the Void upon being eaten is just the icing on the cake.

And that indeed makes it awesome.

Like one moment you see it while fighting, next thing y'know a ******* head of it(?) lunges the **** out of the corner of your eye like some kind of horror movie//game. xD

Pretty much.

And its head is the size of a mountain. You're going to need teleportation or some serious speed to get out of there before those jaws close around you.

Like, one moment you're fighting and the next there is nothing but this cavernous space around you with fangs at the end snapping shut.

And then you're in the Void.

@Cross and Monarch

I figured it out. For some reason, you have to put the images in order. You can't put image C before image A, it'll cause the alignment to be off. I don't know why, but that seems to be the case. If you did put Image C before Image A, then once you put A, C will automatically be aligned.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Oh shit.
Now THATS a challenge right there.
Erebus does it btw. Flies out of the mouth as it closes around him.

I'm about to calc it, but I'm pretty sure it's like, 11,000 mach

Nope, just order. Like if you put the Dead Gods up before Erebus, the Dead Gods would be off to the left until Erebus was put up. At least that's how it was for me. According to Ever, the size of the picture also matters supposedly.

I tried.

Size might be the problem, those two photos are the only landscape ones.

Thanks for the feedback!

@Monarch: Looking at the result of the calc, not saying I know cause I don't do them(?), but I'm pretty sure your result is beyond MHS+.

Like Sub-Rela if not hitting Sub-Rela+ beyond. Going by the speed page, you get beyond it once you hit pass Mach 8K something.

Just noting that here.

• chexks speed page
Oh, yep, you're right. Guess I got mixed up with the switch from Mach to percentages of light

Though I suppose I should change the timeframe then. I don't really want sub-relativistic characters.

Added a new character if no one's seen it yet.

Also thinking I need to rework the Sword of Spirit into something else... I've established that the Old Gods, when in the normal multiverse, exist on all three planes of existence (spiritual, physical, magical). Logically that should extend to artifacts and weapons of theirs, such as the God Swords. Which means really, all the God Swords should be able to attack on spiritual planes of existence, so the ability of the Sword of Spirit (which was to A. see souls and their strength and B. attack souls and spiritual beings) isn't so amazing anymore in comparison to the rest of them.

Hmmmm...

Sweet~

Ah really? Sounds pretty cool. Actually would have thought up something like that for my verse...which I did AFTER it was deleted off of here. But then the idea would have been like Warhammer level BS where it would have also been on a dream-like plane of effect as well as metaphorical and some such...gotta really keep this shit to my thread or something rather than others like here. xD

Moving along on-topic, you sure it would just also affect stuff with magic too given the Gods exist in those three planes + them going on over to weapons and other some such items? Well then again, attacking just the soul or something alone is pretty good hax, even if they perhaps might not be as amazing as them alone there yee?

Well if the Old Gods exist in all three planes (only example of which is the Hydra), it makes sense that their weaponry and stuff that fell from Heaven with them would have the same properties. Which is why I reckon those weapons should have the same "exist on all planes" thing.

Ah. In that case, I don't see why they shouldn't have it then and be able to effect on all said planes then. Sounds really nasty when an opponent may not have a defense against such attacks. ^^

Also, tad bit thing you don't have to do but you should also try to edit the OP to show how many you currently got for the verse...only assuming the others may not have gotten to your verse first to check but that's all entirely up to you here.

I don't think I explained that well. The idea is that the gods and their artefacts, like the Swords, are too "large" an existence to fit on one plane, so they end up "overflowing" into the other planes.

Of course that brings up fridge logic about what the difference between gods "overflowing" into the spiritual plane, and normal people just having their own souls existing on the spiritual plane is... is there a difference? If there isn't, does that mean everyone in my AToLS can soul hax another person by punching them, seeing as their souls on the spiritual plane will follow their motion? That's not really what I want... but then why can't they just soul hax each other by punching, if things on the spiritual plane can interact with each other? Are souls intangible to each other or something? But then why have a spiritual plane at all if they are even intangible there? And then how do the Gods mess with souls if they are intangible to each other...

AAARGGGHHH!

Clearly I need to work some things out.

Also, added Sen to the gallery up top. There's a few More pictures on the main page, but not all of them have profiles, while all the characters shown up top do.

Oooooh. So they would normally be dealing one kind of damage rather than all of them or at least most of them, no?

Hmm yeah either way though, it seems yet another thing to try and really figure out on out here with that.

Nice~

Monarch Laciel said:
Also thinking I need to rework the Sword of Spirit into something else... I've established that the Old Gods, when in the normal multiverse, exist on all three planes of existence (spiritual, physical, magical). Logically that should extend to artifacts and weapons of theirs, such as the God Swords. Which means really, all the God Swords should be able to attack on spiritual planes of existence, so the ability of the Sword of Spirit (which was to A. see souls and their strength and B. attack souls and spiritual beings) isn't so amazing anymore in comparison to the rest of them.
So... what of this?

Meh

I'm more working on plot and characters than powers right now.

I'll work that out later.

Back