• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An important update regarding our upcoming forum move

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

Just to keep everybody informed about what is happening, my friend the entrepeneur is currently hard at work doing his best to plan and coordinate our upcoming necessary move to an external forum by talking directly with the official Fandom staff, Community Hired (the company that Fandom recommended for setting up the new forum), and a few highly skilled technical expertise programmers that he knows since previously.

However, this forum will most likely be shut down sometime in May (unknown exactly which week), so we only have limited time left until time runs out.

As I have told the community previously, it is absolutely crucial that all of our active members get an e-mail address that they use confirmed for their current Fandom accounts before this happens, as the Fandom staff will hopefully be able to send out invitation login messages to the new forum to these e-mail addresses.

If you do not do this, you could end up not being a part of this community anymore, due to not receiving an account with your previous username in the new external forum.

For instructions regarding how to set up a confirmed e-mail address, see here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Community

In addition, the new forum will initially only feature backups of discussion threads up to November 12. the installation of a second backup batch from much closer to the shutdown of this forum will likely be converted and installed later, if nothing goes wrong with communication with the technical Fandom staff responsible for providing such an archive. I really hope that it won't.

Anyway, my point with this is that there will be a sudden massive gap in the progress of our ongoing discussions in connection with moving to the new forum. Hopefully a temporary one, but our then current discussions will still come to a halt for quite a while. This means that we should preferably try to wrap up our current major revision projects before that happens, and not start any major site-wide new ones, before the move, so there will be as limited wasted energy and general confusion as possible.

In order that I and the rest of the staff can entirely focus all of our available time and energy on helping with organising the transition of our at least 1273 active members, rather than the very time-consuming regular wiki maintenance tasks, I also think that it seems like a very good idea to ask the Fandom staff to disallow editing of our wiki profile pages by regular members for a few days while this is going on (Staff members should obviously still be able to do so). Otherwise I would be rendered almost completely inefficient and unable to help for one thing, which would likely end up as a disaster. My apologies for the inconvenience, but the semi-lockdown would likely only last for a few days or so.

Here is how you update your email if needed:

Go to "My Preferences" in the upper right corners of your screens, then click the "Email" tab, and go to "My Email Address", in which you write one that you use, preferably one that does not reveal your real name, and check for the confirmation email, which should arrive quickly.

Under the "Message Wall and Forum" section you can also select to never send you notification e-mails for new responses/edits to the discussion threads and wiki pages that you subscribe follow/subscribe to, as you will easily get swamped otherwise. Just make sure to NOT select the "Disable all emails from FANDOM" option further down the page, as the invitation email will likely not work in that case.

Here is what your email settings should preferably looks like:

Email Settings

Further extremely important information is available here:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4208849

Only edits for regular members during the days of the forum transition.

And anyone who has no confirmed email to use in the new forum that will be linked on the wiki, will no longer be able to join any thread.

Well, we can hopefully use the private chat option in our internal wiki chat room to give invitation links to the people who do not receive any directly via e-mail, but it is far more practical if you simply get a confirmed e-mail address as soon as possible, and tell all of your friends here to get one as well.

Regarding Fandom, as they have stated in public announcement blogs, they will update their fundamental software system, which does not include the old forum. The old threads are supposed to be tranferred to the internal "Discussions" module instead, but as I went through back in my first announcement thread about this, it is currently an extremely flawed format to have important discussions in, contrary to the name.

Padaruyos said:
Wait, so VS Battles will get it's own dedicated website?
No, just an external forum connected to the wiki. It will initially be invitation only for at least a few months, until we get everything in order, so we avoid trolls taking our usernames.

Wait, so, is vs battles wiki ending? Or it will be closed and made a new one where we can be there?

I went to my email and it says it is verified (confirmed), I'm good then?

Not really ending per se. Yeah this site will be gone, but all the data is transferred into a different platform (XenForo)

Already had my Email Address ready since 2017 (X/), but I'm also concerned for the one thing most don't seem to be worried about: Ant, by any chance, are there any other User-Specific Requirements to note to stay alive here? My Email is already set (Albeit poorly disguised.) BTW.

See here for instructions how to get a confirmed email address here in this wiki: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Community

To quote:

"Here is how you update your email if needed:

Go to "My Preferences" in the upper right corners of your screens, then click the "Email" tab, and go to "My Email Address", in which you write one that you use, preferably one that does not reveal your real name, and check for the confirmation email, which should arrive quickly.

Under the "Message Wall and Forum" section you can also select to never send you notification e-mails for new responses/edits to the discussion threads and wiki pages that you subscribe follow/subscribe to, as you will easily get swamped otherwise. Just make sure to NOT select the "Disable all emails from FANDOM" option further down the page, as the invitation email will likely not work in that case."

@TGOP

Okay. Good.

@All

I would appreciate if you spread around the information that you all need confirmed email addresses to all of the members that you know here in this wiki, and ask them to do the same thing.

I have already written my e-mail in My Preferences there but I didn't know that it shouldn't reveal my real name.

Okay my email was already confirmed back in 2018, and I made sure to not disable all FANDOM replies

Anything else?

How can a user make sure they have performed the necessary steps to have a valid email, & will be able to have an account?

I do know that I receive notification emails for this Fandom account of mine, for an email address that I use. I THINK I performed the email verification long ago when I signed up.

Do I need to do more?

Oh snap!, luckily I just did this. The email was an old one back when I first joined. I would have been in trouble.

Schnee One said:
Okay my email was already confirmed back in 2018, and I made sure to not disable all FANDOM replies

Anything else?
That is probably all, I think.

Imaginym said:
How can a user make sure they have performed the necessary steps to have a valid email, & will be able to have an account?

I do know that I receive notification emails for this Fandom account of mine, for an email address that I use. I THINK I performed the email verification long ago when I signed up.

Do I need to do more?
If you have received emails from Fandom already, that should show that you have a confirmed email address.

"If you do not do this, you could end up not being a part of this community anymore"

Could we not just sign up? Is it invitation-only? Because that's a very odd stance to take, no offence.

Alonik said:
Vsbattles will not be closed guys, only our current forum will take a very bad update to our conversation standards, and then we will have a new external forum where we will need the same confirmed email from our account here at vsb.
A very bad update, in what way? What will it do to the forum, exactly?

Back