• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An important update regarding our upcoming forum move

To follow up on my message and the one above me with the blocked email thing...I have no fandom or email section blocked and sorry if I constantly keep spamming since I am worried if I mess up and lose this account since I really enjoyed being on this account with you awesome guys!

As long as you have received a confirmation email to an address that you still use, you should be fine.

We have received a copy of our forum discussions from when we started to November 12 last year. We have yet to receive a more updated forum archive.

I do not think so. As far as I have been told, the old links are supposed to automatically redirect to their new locations in the "Discussions" forum.

I'm sorry I had to disable all FANDOM Emails, it was utterly insane how many I was getting. Do you have a time when the invitation will come?

If I understand this correctly. The forums won't be shut down, but the way the "forums" will be updated make it unusable for the wiki?

The system update to Fandom will automatically shut down the current forum. Only the new "Discussions" forum will remain. That is why we are preparing for moving our members to a new external forum, and want as many of them as possible to have a registered email address to make the transition much easier.

Basically, it will be super difficult to find previous discussion boards in case new users are unaware of topics being discussed constantly. Making all our franchise specific Discussion Rules looking overshadowed. And we'd still be able to keep in contact and have discussions, but it will be much harder and slower to manage.

Well, me and my friend have asked Community Hired to give our members notification bells for new responses to the subscribed discussion threads just like previously, and it will be possible to see the new discussions in chronological order in each sub-forum just as previously. The layout will likely look similar as in the Narutoforums.

Will our forums at least be archived for reference, or is that something we will need to do ourselves?

We already have a backup archive of our discussion threads up to November 12. It is currently being converted to XenForo format and the conversion process will hopefully be finished this Friday. After that Community Hired (the company setting up our new forum) will begin to apply the archived discussion threads to our new forum that they are building.

We are also supposed to receive a second batch of backup archives for our 3 wikis from Fandom close to the date that our curent forums are shut down, which are then supposed to be converted and transferred as well. I really hope that everything will work out as intended.

Nepuko said:
Thanks for the good news.

So threads dating before November 12 are forever lost?
No, we already have backups from the beginning of our wiki forums until November 12 last year, and are supposed to later get a second backup that covers the beginning of our wiki forums up to a date much closer to the forum migration.

No problem. You should not shut down important emails from Fandom though, just the ones that inform you about new replies to your posts, or edits to pages that you are subscribed to, and the like.

Well, just copy the same structure as I showed in the image that I linked to.

As an update, things seem to move along much swifter now. I was shown a Demon version of our new forum a few days ago, and asked to give input. It only contains the saved Joke Battles and FCOC forums as of yet, but the VS Battles part has been converted to the right format and should hopefully be up soon.

I don't think that it has all of the features that I requested yet, but I gave input, and hope that they can be added.

In worst case the XenForo format is customisable, so I think that the features can be added or modified later.

I believe I have verified my e-mail, seeing as I get e-mails from FANDOM for all purposes.

Hoping for the best in the transition now.

My email was confirmed back in 2017, and I've now made the necessary adjustments, so as to not spam my inbox.

Thank you everybody for helping out.

Btw: As you may have noticed, I just installed a new script that allows the staff to more efficiently inform our community about important changes.

I have yet to recieve the Email, it seems. In fact, I have not recieved any emails from FANDOM since October of last year, and I do not remember blocking them, nor does anything say I have.

Back