• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An important update regarding our upcoming forum move

@The Smashor and @Spinoirr there's a tab for Email under My Preferences and also a list of bullet points and check boxes of what type of things you want Fandom to Email you for.

I already have the preferences as Ant mentioned. Any idea as to what that XenForo-related email from fandom would say?

It appears my Email was confirmed in 2015. I'll get the invite when it comes, so long as I remember to check my email.

Nah, they can still join.

Just that the forums won't exist anymore

When were the invites supposed to have been sent out? I'm not sure if I just never received one, since my email is confirmed, or if I accidentally deleted it at one point

Not that I wanted to post here anyway, but I'd like to double check something.

My Email Address was confirmed in August 26, 2017 at 11:39 (Ignore the digits for the time being, please.), but if My Email Address is confirmed, what's the latest one could check for such an Email in time?

I'll get back to something else entirely now; I'm just asking to be sure...

Just check if your email addresses have been confirmed, and use the settings in the image that I posted, and you should be fine.

@Spinoirr

That seems fine to me.

@Robot972

The emails are not being sent out yet. I am just trying to make sure that as many members as possible are properly prepared until then.

Also, I have some good news. I was shown that the new forum is finally up and running at its proper URL today, with Cloudflare protection against DDOS attacks and working redirect links to our old forum discussion threads.

It mostly looks good to me, but there are still some parts that need to be adjusted before the launch, and we obviously need to install an updated backup of our discussion threads later on.

Schnee One said:
I'm still paranoid I'm not going to get the invite and miss it
For the record, I use my mothers email and she gets them on her phone, so I don't know if I will get the Email.

@Schnee

Well, you can set up a new GMail or ProtonMail account of your own, and then change to that instead in your Fandom settings. Just make sure to have a quite long password that you write down somewhere, preferably including in a secure app such as KeePass.

Well, you said that Fandom currently has your mother's email registered. You can set up an alternate GMail or ProtonMail account that does not use your real name.

I and my entrepeneur friend have worked a lot behind the scenes to collaborate with Fandom staff, Community Hired staff, and programmers that he knows, to set up a new external forum for VS Battles, Joke Battles, and FCOC, with our old forum discussions copied there.

I suppose that other wikis could also ask Community Hired for help if they need it though, but it is a bit late at this point to get it done before the old forums disappear.

Schnee One said:
For the record, I use my mothers email
...for what purpose?

Anyways, am I going to be able to change my username on the new forum? I use different usernames/passwords on everything for security reasons. I'd rather not leave a large digital footprint.

I do not know. Maybe later, but initially we need to avoid mass-confusion from our members having different usernames than usual.

I'm pretty sure peoples in here using their Gmail for made the account (mine was unique, using my facebook to made account while i also using my gmail on it lel)

Actually, one last thing...

Does this also help
I actually had to censor my Identity, & conform to the "NO Disable all Emails" rule. I just hope I didn't bring in anything too personal, one may delete this after looking it over. Am I still in the running? Or what did I do foolishly?

I wonder about this...

Well, if you do not want your inbox flooded with constant messages, but still be able to communicate with Fandom via email if it is important, I think that you need the following settings that have worked well for me in that regard:

Email Settings

Also, it is obviously good that you do not ever reveal your real name or email address in public.

Btw, the new forums would be monetized with adspaces, right? To cover the server operating costs?

Well shit. I'm in a bind, since my email uses my real name.

I do have an alternate account, though who knows how long it'll take to get approved or if it'll even get approved in time.

It is highly recommended not to reveal your real name. If you want to change it, It shouldn't take much time, just change your email in preferences and you should receive a mail asking you to confirm it.

Okay. I've done it.

Got authorized too.

Though I never did reveal either of my emails to the public.

AKM sama said:
Btw, the new forums would be monetized with adspaces, right? To cover the server operating costs?
That is correct, yes.

We will likely also set up PayPal and Patreon donation accounts for this.

By the way, Fandom obviously won't reveal your real names if they are part of your email addresses, but you definitely shouldn't reveal them in public.

I have a problem...

In "My preferences" it says that my Email is confirmed. To quote:

"Email confirmation: Thanks! Your email was confirmed on (date)"

However, I can't find the confirmaron email. What should I do?

Back