• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Banned Hax, Abilities and or feats.

Udlmaster

They/Them
There has been a influx of people making over the top characters or characters that are simply not ment to lose. While the wiki isn't telling people how to make their character, we are saying that, for a website designed to put your OC against another, there should be some commen rules about the allowed abilities.

I'll split the post into reasoning why certain abilities should be banned to make it more digestable instead of a long List which would tire someone out.

Hax designed to auto-Win:

Omnilock : Omnilock is a rediculous ability and whoever possesses it automatically wins any fight they enter. The user is outside all things and cannot be effected by Anything at all. No manipulations can harm them or affect them and nothing, even other Omnilock beings (Is still being debated), can do anything to them.

Ultimate Invincibility: You are literally Unbeatable. Yeah, no.

Absolute Invulnarability / Omni-Protection: You cannot be harmed in any way. This is by definition a NLF and is super irritating to debate against.

Hax ment only for Omnipotent beings:

Omnipotence (For non-Tier 0's): This is a given but there has been cases of people making profiles that have created Omnipotent beings...from a Omnipotent being. Omnipotence is only for one character and it must be justified to make it a confirmed Omnipotent being (Tier 0).

Flawless Indestructability: The ability to be immune from harm from anything less than a Omnipotent being. This one writes itself.

Omni-Negation: The ability to Negate anything without limits, this clearly NEGATED.

Author Authority: "Users have absolute control of all aspects of the Verse in which they exist, and can freely alter its nature, content, inhabitants, history, destiny, etc." This is just another form of Omnipotence except worded differently.

AlmightyLock: IT GETS BETTER! "Ultimate Combination between Omnilock, Indeterminacy and Unreachability." Isn't it just perfect.

Complete Arsenal: There's a reason why only a Meta-Fiction All-Mighty Character has this. It's an extreme expression of Omnipotence. And thus should not be used in a Vs character. Additionally, it makes the character Unquantifiable removing the point of them even being on the wiki in the first place.

Almighty Magic: It's Omnipotent Magic, it's another expression of Omnipotence.

Metapotence: It's Omnipotence but without the Paradox, you do anything you want.

Omniverse -ANYTHING-: Unless you own the rights to all of fiction, this shouldn't exist.

Omnificence: Create anything on a Divine level. Omnipotent creation ability.

Omni-Creator: Be the Creator of all Verses. Just no on the same grounds of the Omniverse.

Totality Manipulation: You can manipulate any and all things without limit. Another Expression of Omnipotence.

Omnificence Geneis: It's Omnificence but a lot more weird... And 90% of "Omni Abilities"

Logical Fallacies:

Destroying the Outerverse: This literally makes no sense and is no different from destroying all reality which often negates itself out. To quote myself (Because I'm so humble) " The Outerverse is all that is left outside all of Reality. There isn't more Outerverse, there's just the Outerverse, because it is the outer most layer of reality. Basically, it's like saying you're going to destroy an orange and you destroy each individual part, the skin of the orange is the last part of the orange, once the skin is destroyed, the Orange is no longer there, you cannot destroy more orenge then there was orange there."

Powering up to Tier 0: This is really simple, you're either Omnipotent or not. You cannot be both. (PARADOX)

Becoming Tier 0 without another Tier 0: This is the same as Powering up to Tier 0.

So then, what do you think, do you think these abilities should be banned, did you find some abilities that I missed, Let's start a debate!

i mean yeah they should be banned

this is a battle wiki and having any of these powers removes the point of battling

it's like putting TOAA against Azathoth and expecting either side to win

As this site still holds the policies of "This is an indexing site" (Or at least from what I gathered), things like Omnilock should not be straight up banned as that'd just basically be the same as ignoring fundemental parts of a character. Being able to exist outside of everything is almost always a huge plot point (If the characters were written in a fanfiction). Things like Omnilock should just be restricted in battle, not banned. Just like the rule with immortality type 8 (where if it relies on a higher dimensional thing or something, it's auto-restricted).

"Ultimate Invincibility: You are literally Unbeatable. Yeah, no." I have never seen someone with ultimate invincibility here. Even Kamen Rider Ex-Aid's Hyper Muteki form (Literally Hyper Invincible in Japanese) isn't completely invincible and I've given the feats of the invincibility's "Theoretical" limit.

About the "Powering up to tier 0" thing, I'd like to argue that one can technically become tier 0 by merging with a pre-existing one.

Everything else makes sense; Omni stuff should be relegated to.. y'know... the omnipotents?

I'd say "I agree with the OP" but I'm genuinely tired of this talk by now (I took part in it every time this kind of stuff happened, and really, it never was funny). 0 motivation for it with the latest iteration of this problem (I kind of expect the sources of the problem not to change at this point).

So my collaboration will be limited to the following: To point this out in regards to this whole Omnilock talk before it becomes some spiral.

It's not just here that people are arbitrarily removing this or something. The only way you give Omnilock to a character, is if you don't understand how the ability works. Those who have it, don't need it listed. The others simply don't have it. Period.

Same in regards to Fate here for whatever its worth.

On Omnilock, as slow as my wording may be on it, I actually didn't think that was still even on here. Now that I do + the talking of how 1-A's and above automatically have it and those below them shouldn't, I can see it as just being like not there for both either way as Fate kind of noted.

I don't want to get into the Tier 0 thing as just like most of Tier 1 if not all of it entirely, I don't deal with matters on the tier made for All powerful (as that's what Omnipotence means iirc) characters/beings. So I'm staying that out of my reach here.

Rest of the Omni-esque powers is fine, as is for those that could get someone to be in the fight for a really long time if not forever (like Type 8 Immortality for one thing as Aki noted above).

That's my thoughts of here as far as I say.

Akreious said:
To be fair, that's a strawman, I didn't say someone cannot become Tier 0 I said: "

Powering up to Tier 0: This is really simple, you're either Omnipotent or not. You cannot be both. (PARADOX)

Becoming Tier 0 without another Tier 0: This is the same as Powering up to Tier 0."

You ignored the second half of my argument which was saying that one cannot be Tier 0 without another Tier 0, your argument saying that: "You can if you merge with another Tier 0" still needs a Tier 0. And that's not powering up, that's Fusionism/Merging, you're not the same being. You're as much yourself as Steel is Carbon or Iron.

Also, I agree, I haven't seen Invincibility, but it could show up. And I kinda wanted to cover all bases.

And the difference between Type 8 immortality and Omnilock is that Omnilock has the massive potential to be apart of a characters identity or a key point of the Character.

Type 8 while can be a power isn't usually the identity of the character.

Voldemort isn't made scary due to his Horuxes, but his power and intimidation.

Liches aren't scary due to the fact they come back after death but due to their immense necromantic powers.

In both examples, they are extensions of the character, but not their identity.

Actually... I've brewed up an idea in my head of a character who is permanently omnilocked, something that drives him insane on a daily basis.

Would it still be okay to put up if I put a note on the bottom: Due to the nature of omnilock, by default it is banned in Versus Debates

Well, you could put (When making Vs Battles) "Omnilock restricted". But, why Omnilock? Why not him be totally incorporeal or Intangable?

That's kinda pointless then isn't it? (This is from a critical Stand point if you were wondering.) There's no point in using an ability that is known for it's bad rap. What would be cooler if you could be creative with Incorporealism or Intangability, that would be much more interesting. I had one of my old characters, Neltha Netherleaf die and become incorporeal and could only talk with a being who was Intangable (Neltha was a Netherwing Dragon and the Intangable person was a Bronze Dragon shattered across many timelines.) And that made our characters close and made it a lot more significent. When he got back to life he became touchy feely with people and understood what it means to hold the people you hold dear while they're still around, and he Helped piece together the Intangable guy.

And while I no longer use Neltha (Because he is very dead. His soul was shattered after blowing himself up, forcing himself back to life and then using what little time he had left to fight Lei Shen and then turned to dust.) he was considered a great character by a lot of people, and while certain things happened that caused us to lose contact, I do still hold those people as friends and even when I infiltrated (long ass story) they still felt the same way which touched me further.

A character has these abilities: Omni-Energy Manipulation, Omni-Element Manipulation, Omni-Magic, Mind Manipulation, Omni-Sleep Inducement, Sedative Inducement, Sleep Manipulation, Dream Manipulation, Subconscious Manipulation, Brainwave Manipulation, Truth Inducement, Emotional Manipulation, Subordination Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement, Plasma Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Electromagnetism Manipulation, Black and White Hole Manipulation, Space-Time Manipulation, Crystallizatio, Shapeshifting, Reality Warping, Dimensional Manipulation, Subspace Manipulation, Higher-Dimensional Manipulation, Teleportation Manipulation, Omni-Matter Manipulation, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Erasure Immunity, Physic Immunity, Control Immunity, Sleeplessness, Perpetual Consciousness, Immunity Bypassing, Spatio-Temporal Lock, Nigh-Omniscience, Creation, Cosmic Manipulation, Void Manipulation, Obtenebratio, Perfect Doppelgänger, Godhood Negation/Removal, Immortality Manipulation, Invisibility, Intangibility, Illusion Manipulation, Sword Arm, Resurrection Manipulation, Omni-Possession, Omni-Replicatio, Infinite Self-Resurrection (process can be halted or slowed down), Planeswalking, Acausality, Time Paradoxal Resistance and Superpower Manipulation. One Hit Kill, Unrestricted Murdering, Death Inducement, Immortality Negation and Healing Factor Negation w/ Darkness Blaster. Physical Godhood, Omnikinesis and Omni-Physics Manipulation at full power

This is why I uncluded so many Omni Abilities, for this exact reason!

Well I wanted to make a wall level omnilock for a reason he is the avatar of the absolute nothingness and exist outside space and time he just exist in the nothingness.

but he won't have onilock when he enter existence again.

i don't agree with the author authority which is more for writers and meta characters or with complete arsenal which is just having all abilities... And omniverse can refer to anything depending on which verse use it some uses omniverse as just a multiverse and some just use it as all existence... and for metapotence i guess that is more for 1-A's and high 1'A's rather than tier 0.

and i guess totally manip is for high 1-A

Udlmaster said:
AlmightyLock: IT GETS BETTER! "Ultimate Combination between Omnilock, Indeterminacy and Unreachability." Isn't it just perfect.
Almightylock isn't even recognized as a power by the wiki. Nekron2 most likely made a mistake and posted it as a blog post instead of an official page, and even if it were an actual page, I'm certain it would be rejected by contributors and admins alike it and it would be deleted within the shortest delays.

Omni-Creator: Be the Creator of all Verses. Just no on the same grounds of the Omniverse.

This presentation is an oversimplification of the power that could lead to misconceptions as it leaves out the majority of the information without providing a source for people to judge for themselves. The Capabilities section is by far the most important part of any page, especially in this case as it puts the power into context:
"The one and only user is the Creator and Omnipotent ruler of all Verses, taking on a specific form and identity in each of them according to their context/characteristics.

The user is thus an omni-dimensional being, existing simultaneously in all Verses as their local Supreme Being, under a wide variety of names, traits and appearances.

This guarantees the sacrosanct unicity of Omnipotence, removing all potential paradoxes, and notably explains how crossovers are possible in the first place, and why local Omnipotents never fight one another."

In other words, Omni-Creator is just a theory attempting to explain why we don't see multiple omnipotent beings duking it out on each other throughout fiction and the header describing it as "A theoretical example of transfictional Omnipotence." indicates that it is not to be taken as an actual power— something which, sadly, many users fail to grasp.
I myself reject the notion, but I just wanted to clear up any misconceptions that might have been born from the lack of detail.

Omniverse -ANYTHING-: Unless you own the rights to all of fiction, this shouldn't exist.

[...]

Totality Manipulation: You can manipulate any and all things without limit. Another Expression of Omnipotence.

And lastly, Superpower wiki lacks any official definitions for "Verse," "Omniverse" and "Totality", and so, powers that use those terms in their name(s) and/or description are subject to subjective interpretations.

It relays on basic knowledge in verses debates.

Omniverse is the expression of all of fiction in one universe, however, no one owns all of fiction, so the Omniverse is null and void, anything to do with the Omniverse it toned down. For example, if one said they could destroy the Omniverse in Marvel, we'd most likely tone that down to Multiverse, if not, they most likely had a better feat, for example, James Jaspers.

Also, your entire comment is a strawman. You say I missed the TL:DR on the SAME PAGES you linked.

The description says this: "The one and only user is the Creator and Omnipotent ruler of all Verses, taking on a specific form and identity in each of them according to their context/characteristics." and the description for the people is: "What if they were all the same." The user is thus an omni-dimensional being, existing simultaneously in all Verses as their local Supreme Being, under a wide variety of names, traits and appearances.

And it's still the Omniverse all over again. No, you do not get the be the Tier 0 of my verse, nor any one elses, only your own and the property you own. It's not a Theory, it's an ability or State of being which no one has and most likely will never have.

And yes while it is theoretical, it does not mean it gets even a second more glance before your profile is vapourized from Existence and Non-Existence for having such an ability.

Lastly, Totality Manipulation is exactly what it says: "The user can manipulate the concept of totality, and is capable of manipulating the entirety of anything. They can manipulate the totality, which is forever the largest thing conceptualized and imagined by any mind. It absolutely encompasses anything and everything, making the user essentially omnipotent. Even though the user can transcend everything and has power over everything too, they may or may not be the origin of it all."

At least read the pages.

Totality Manipulation on the Wiki is described as a extension of Omnipotence.

Are these abilities banned only when putting a character in a VS thread?

By that, I mean are these abilities still allowed to be put on a profile, just as long as that profile is not put on a VS thread.

Udlmaster said:

Becoming Tier 0 without another Tier 0: This is the same as Powering up to Tier 0.
When you say you cannot become a Tier 0 without another Tier 0, you mean that if there is a tier 0, that's along the lines of merging with the existing one or something?

No? Because that still needs a Tier 0.

Think of it like a Math forumla.

You cannot get to 0 without multiplying something by 0. (Purely multiplication-wise)

That's... what I said?

If there is still an existing tier 0 to merge with, then you can "become" tier 0 by merging with them.

Back