• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beefcake's Size Revisited: ONE-PUNCH MAN

I think we should just go with USklaverei suggestion and just scale the crater to the buildings to get around the whole Beefcake size issue.

If it's overall inconsistent, why not use what's the most consistent instead of just a low-end because it's a low-end?

Considering that Beefcake doesn't scale to anyone, a "varies" tier could be a solution, which would include the different results derived from the feats he performed while being of different sizes.

I mean, it's not a canon ability he has to change sizes, OPM just has a very expressive style that cares little for consistency so why the **** do we even make calculations for it

We could always use a note about that I guess? I feel like using the height in the feat is probably the best option

Just use the main height on the feat, the planet won't suddenly grow up just hecause he is inconsistent, whatever he is there, same applies to the crater.

I feel like everyone is ignoring the fact said feat is unusable.

If we start ignoring official sizes just because we want, then a lot of calcs can be wanked

Even if the art may be inconsistent, author given sizes take all priority

If we start ignoring official sizes just because we want, then a lot of calcs can be wanked

Even if the art may be inconsistent, author given sizes take all priority
Normally the official sizes are at least plausibly describe the character/object as it is depicted in-verse

A lot of calcs can additionally be downplayed with that same logic.

That’s why i’m suggesting to use which size is the most consistent, and why I think that’s the best option.

Right, let's find all panels in which he is in. Calc all of them, and see in which panel he is drawn more consistently.

Just use the official height and ignore Murata's exaggerated art. He does that sometimes. Don't shoot for the high rating simply because the man can't draw consistently with a scale in his hand.

I'm half sure that's what you were saying, but's not that he can't, it's that he chooses not to. Murata is an outstanding artist and he clearly does this to give an impressive sense of scale (see, that one panel where Darkshine is 6 meters tall)

Right, let's find all panels in which he is in. Calc all of them, and see in which panel he is drawn more consistently.

Just use the official height and ignore Murata's exaggerated art. He does that sometimes. Don't shoot for the high rating simply because the man can't draw consistently with a scale in his hand.
The average height I got from doing this is 1584 meters

I'm half sure that's what you were saying, but's not that he can't, it's that he chooses not to. Murata is an outstanding artist and he clearly does this to give an impressive sense of scale (see, that one panel where Darkshine is 6 meters tall)
Yeah, I am aware that he does that to make it all visually appealing. But using that to make everything "higher" is just a dumb excuse for the sake of upgrade.

Back