• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Swordsman vs Three-Sword Swordsman

Zoro’s AP: 93.28 tons

Zoro’s Speed: Mach 24.9

Guts’ AP: 119.7 tons

Guts’ Speed: Mach 6.4 with Mach 33 Combat Speed and Reactions

Last edited:
Zoro skill stomping.
Seriously? You think Zoro skillstomps Guts? Zoro’s got very high experience, yes, but Guts has literally been on the battlefield all his life, clashing swords with enemy soldiers. He’s fought numerous strong opponents, killed a hundred men by himself, and has even fought on even terms with Zodd, a legendary swordsman who has hundreds of years of experience. Do not undersell Guts.

Last edited:
Seriously? You think Zoro skillstomps Guts? Zoro’s got very high experience, yes, but Guys has literally been on the battlefield all his life, clashing swords with opponents. He’s fought numerous strong opponents, killed a hundred men by himself, and has even fought on even terms with Zodd, a legendary swordsman who’s been fighting for hundreds of years. Do not undersell Guts.
Wanna compare skill feats? Because Zoro vastly outdoes Guts in terms of endurance, Swordsmanship, evasive maneuver, body control and Prediction.

Looking at their intelligence section is already enough to see this.

Comparing their profile pages is not a good comparison. There have been no major revisions done for the Berserk fandom since it’s less popular than One Piece.

The point I’m making is that Guts is just as capable, experienced and analytical as Zoro, if not more so. He constantly comes up with plans on-the-go, can react to the strategies of other opponents, and can perform skill feats of ridiculous proportion. He can properly deduce the opponents weakness and land powerful attacks on them to win the fight.

For instance, when he fought Zodd he quickly identified Zodd’s fractured sword and managed to successfully break it and damage Zodd for the first time in years. He could react to and dodge ten whip-like blades at the same time when fighting Silat, an expert combatant. He managed to overcome Serpico in duels twice despite having several handicaps.

Something else that must be considered is how sturdy Guts sword is. It could probably be capable of destroying Zoro’s other two swords pretty easily, and since Zoro at this point of the story isn’t very experienced in styles outside his three-sword style, he’d be at a disadvantage.

There have been no major revisions done for the Berserk fandom
Working on it, expect it sometime after the Batman one.
Which you can expect sometime after the MGS one.
Which you can expect after the LS and Part 7 one.
Which you can expect sometime after the Baoh one.
Which you can expect sometime after I get a calc slave to accept shit.

Last edited:
Working on it, expect it sometime after the Batman one.
Which you can expect sometime after the MGS one.
Which you can expect after the LS and Part 7 one.
Which you can expect sometime after the Baoh one.
Which you can expect sometime after I get a calc slave to accept shit.
☠️☠️

Why is it that whenever I come across a fight with Zoro, there's always someone who just goes "Zoro skill stomps"? What constitutes Zoro's skill over anyone else that he fights? Especially in this case? How long he's been training? How many people he's beaten? How many named sword techniques he uses?

Anyhoot.. How does Dragonslayer's soul damaging thing work?

Last edited:
How long he's been training? How many people he's beaten? How many named sword techniques he uses?
Over 13 years. Hundreds. Over 50.

People claiming he outskills or is very skilled comes from the actual feats he's performed while fighting which have been documented in his intelligence section.

Over 13 years. Hundreds. Over 50.

People claiming he outskills or is very skilled comes from the actual feats he's performed while fighting which have been documented in his intelligence section.
I know all that, and I know he's skilled, it's just that being skilled like Zoro doesn't always mean he's more skilled than someone else who's skilled. It just kills the vibe of a fight for me when someone just blurts out "Skill stomp". He's my fave OP character. Let him have fights.

Also it always slips my mind that Guts is just in his early/mid 20s.. Stress really aged the guy.

Last edited:
Exactly. Guts has fought just as long as Zoro has, actually about 15 years. Zoro started training at the age of 8, but Guts started training at the age of 6 and was on an actual battlefield at that age too. Even though Guts may not have any special moves or named moves like Zoro does, he's still more than skilled, and since Zoro uses multiple swords, it gives him the ability to make more moves as well. Guts has fought hundreds, perhaps bordering on thousands, of people and also fought a variety of different opponents. I already listed all of Guts feats above as well. And regarding Guts' Dragonslayer durability negation, it's listed on Guts' profile that it only works by creating wounds that don't fully recover even when healed or regenerated, so it'll create a nasty scar. It doesn't really apply to this battle, though.

zoro got his ass whooped by a little girl with a fake sword hundreds of times when he was a child, and y'all comparing him to Guts who's survived an active war zone with grown men who are experienced with wars since he was 6? Funny stuff. But let's be honest now.
One: Guts could EASILY break Zoro's swords, except Wado Ichimonji considering it should be comparable to Enma and other swords in durability and it was the only one to remain when Mihawk broke Zoro's swords. Basically, by breaking 2 of the 3 swords, he'd make this more "equal".
Two: Guts, while he can't break the sword, could probably still stalemate and stagger Zoro as Zoro could not yet cut steel despite having the Wado Ichimonji.
Three: Guts could try and surprise him with the arm cannon, though I don't know if that'd be effective.

zoro got his ass whooped by a little girl with a fake sword hundreds of times when he was a child, and y'all comparing him to Guts who's survived an active war zone with grown men who are experienced with wars since he was 6? Funny stuff. But let's be honest now.
One: Guts could EASILY break Zoro's swords, except Wado Ichimonji considering it should be comparable to Enma and other swords in durability and it was the only one to remain when Mihawk broke Zoro's swords. Basically, by breaking 2 of the 3 swords, he'd make this more "equal".
Two: Guts, while he can't break the sword, could probably still stalemate and stagger Zoro as Zoro could not yet cut steel despite having the Wado Ichimonji.
Three: Guts could try and surprise him with the arm cannon, though I don't know if that'd be effective.
In this case, the battle is on the Hill of Swords, so if Guts breaks Zoro's swords, he could use the swords nearby as replacements, though he'd still eventually run out since Guts could break those swords easily. I thought that would be a more fitting battle place for two master swordsmen. As I already mentioned, Zoro is still rather inexperienced at using one sword style at this point in the story, so he'd be at a disadvantage here. I also believe that Guts' arm cannon could be used as an effective weapon that could deal serious damage close-range, not to mention his small explosives could also come in handy.

Last edited:
In this case, the battle is on the Hill of Swords, so if Guts breaks Zoro's swords, he could use the swords nearby as replacements, though he'd still eventually run out since Zoro could break those swords easily. I thought that would be a more fitting battle place for two master swordsmen. As I already mentioned, Zoro is still rather inexperienced at using one sword style at this point in the story, so he'd be at a disadvantage here. I also believe that Guts' arm cannon could be used as an effective weapon that could deal serious damage close-range, not to mention his small explosives could also come in handy.
Yeah I think Guts would win this honestly. But only due to his arm cannon.

zoro got his ass whooped by a little girl with a fake sword hundreds of times when he was a child, and y'all comparing him to Guts who's survived an active war zone with grown men who are experienced with wars since he was 6?
Technically, Zoro could also defeat grown men by the time he ran into Kuina and was 8 years old, and Kuina herself was also a very experienced swordsmen who could defeat the adults of her dojo, so the skill level between them is comparable at least, but I still think Guts holds an edge.

Technically, Zoro could also defeat grown men by the time he ran into Kuina and was 8 years old, and Kuina herself was also a very experienced swordsmen who could defeat the adults of her dojo, so the skill level between them is comparable at least, but I still think Guts holds an edge.
Yeah, fair point.

Guts is never breaking Sandai Kitetsu and Yubashiri

Guts is never breaking Sandai Kitetsu and Yubashiri
what makes Yubashiri so resistant?

Even though, haven't checked the resistance of both, but let's agree that Guts is a pretty tanky guy, he could blows.
but man, Zoro would have at least a little difficulty with blows from Dragonslayer

what makes Yubashiri so resistant?

Even though, haven't checked the resistance of both, but let's agree that Guts is a pretty tanky guy, he could blows.
but man, Zoro would have at least a little difficulty with blows from Dragonslayer
High 7-C durability for Yubashiri.

i really think guts wins this one

voting him because of the difference in skill (not so high but still there is some) and resistance, tho they're pretty tanky i think guts also tanks more (again not that much of a difference), high-diff for sure

Back