• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros and Baldy Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what most translations say as well, that or "fast as light". However, it would be best to bring that discussion to the One-Punch Man general thread where the counterarguments against Lightspeed Flash were made. If you bring this up there, you'll hear the opposing arguments soon enough (I can't recall what was said and I don't know if anyone else here does).

We agreed that was good to keep pretty unanimously last thread, especially because it lines up with paneling in the manga. Saitama is on earth BOOM Saitama is on the moon.

We agreed that was good to keep pretty unanimously last thread, especially because it lines up with paneling in the manga. Saitama is on earth BOOM Saitama is on the moon.
It was rejected by some because Boros wasn't moving at that speed, but rather kicked Saitama at that speed. However I've seen some bring up that you have to be around that level of speed in order to pull off a feat like that. So I removed it due to uncertainty.

Oh yeah. I'd have to look at the specifics of the aura quote, but it's simplest just to scale Boros to relativistic+. Is it possible he wasn't moving at that speed, sure, there are ways he could accelerate Saitama to relativistic+ speeds without moving that fast himself. Would it make sense for him to be moving around that speed before moving Saitama at that speed? Yes. And since this is the simpler and more straightforward situation, I prefer it knowing what I know.

So as for Boros, he uses his energy to propel himself in MB, the same energy he covered Saitama with and kicked him to the moon after with. Not to mention he said he was holding back/not going all out until Saitama got back. Rel+ should scale at the very least.
And he should be WAY faster than Flashy Flashy who even recently with full speed doesn't impress Saitama at all.
Blast obviously scales. He zipped behind him before Flashy Flash could even see.
Also Murata apparently said Boros' kick was actually light speed. With the speed of light from Earth to the moon as the example. The rel+ one is explaining why Saitama's clothes didn't burn, so it might not even be fully true to the speed.

Oh yeah. I'd have to look at the specifics of the aura quote, but it's simplest just to scale Boros to relativistic+. Is it possible he wasn't moving at that speed, sure, there are ways he could accelerate Saitama to relativistic+ speeds without moving that fast himself. Would it make sense for him to be moving around that speed before moving Saitama at that speed? Yes. And since this is the simpler and more straightforward situation, I prefer it knowing what I know.
That sounds legit, but would it be safe to get a knoweldgeable calc guy to answer that? I think Usklaverei was the one made that point, so I guess wait for them to come here.

So as for Boros, he uses his energy to propel himself in MB, the same energy he covered Saitama with and kicked him to the moon after with. Not to mention he said he was holding back/not going all out until Saitama got back. Rel+ should scale at the very least.
And he should be WAY faster than Flashy Flashy who even recently with full speed doesn't impress Saitama at all.
Blast obviously scales. He zipped behind him before Flashy Flash could even see.
Also Murata apparently said Boros' kick was actually light speed. With the speed of light from Earth to the moon as the example. The rel+ one is explaining why Saitama's clothes didn't burn, so it might not even be fully true to the speed.
Huh... Considering we put Murata statements at "Possibly", it could be at least Rel+, possibly SOL

Well, we're back to near lightspeed boros, how about that lmao.

His current MB rating as of now is: Possibly Rel+ to FTL, but I'll update this later.

Also if we're using using the Rel+, then I suggest that 90 percent is better to use than 75. Blitzing boros should also be added to Saitama's justification for relativistic+.

Ok so MB's new speed is: At least Relativistic+ (Faster than before. Used his latent energy to generate an aura around himself and others that can move them at near lightspeed. He also implied he held back while performing this feat)
This is false, nothing in your links states that Boros's energy can move things its wrapped in at near SOL, I don't even know how you came to this conclusion, all it said was that his energy can reduce friction.
And where he said he held back, well, he didn't, you took it out of context, he said that Saitama makes him go all out, doesn't mean he held back when he kicked Saitama to the Moon.
Kicking someone and sending them flying at X speed doesn't translate into your combat speed, unless you intercept the target while it's still at that speed.

This is false, nothing in your links states that Boros's energy can move things its wrapped in at near SOL, I don't even know how you came to this conclusion, all it said was that his energy can reduce friction.
And where he said he held back, well, he didn't, you took it out of context, he said that Saitama makes him go all out, doesn't mean he held back when he kicked Saitama to the Moon.

Kicking someone and sending that at X speed doesn't translate into your combat speed, unless you intercept the target while it's still at that speed.

Quote me the phrase where it's stated that Boros's energy moves things at near SOL.
What you linked right now doesn't state anything close to that.

You seem to misunderstand, it says that Murata claims the energy around Boros is SOL, and not Rel+.

Have you seen the link?
Dude, how many times do I have to request a quote before you deliver it? I looked at all the links you sent so far and didn't see anything.
Thats why I am asking you for a quote, maybe I missed something, maybe you missed something.

I’m almost 100% that sending someone flying at SoL/near SoL doesn’y mean you’re moving that fast yourself, you’re just hitting someone hard enough for them to get launched that fast.

I’m almost 100% that sending someone flying at SoL/near SoL doesn’y mean you’re moving that fast yourself, you’re just hitting someone hard enough for them to get launched that fast.
Thats the point, for Boros to be the speed of the target he sends flying he needs to intercept it midflight.
The Moon kick doesn't give Boros or anyone the speed rating.

Thats the point, for Boros to be the speed of the target he sends flying he needs to intercept it midflight.
The Moon kick doesn't give Boros or anyone the speed rating.
Boros covered Saitama in the same aura that he move with, which is, SOL

TBH, this is why I asked other about it, as I know barely anything about this stuff, I'm just taking other people's word for it

Boros covered Saitama in the same aura that he move with, which is, SOL
We have been over this already, there's no indication Boros's aura moves things at SOL, you haven't provided any, no one did because it's nonexistent. It just reduces friction.
So stop with that argument.

Usklaverei and Qawsed was the one who brought up this point in the main thread iirc, so we should probably get input from them

We have been over this already, there's no indication Boros's aura moves things at SOL, you haven't provided any, no one did because it's nonexistent. It just reduces friction.
So stop with that argument.
The scan from OTHER ONEBUKURO, which is what Emirp sumitpo referenced in their post, states that Boros eliminates friction by kicking the target at relativistic speed. Aside from that, the speed of light stuff is invalid.

サイタマ、ボロスに蹴られてだいたいこのくらいのスピードで飛んでってた気がする。。
"I think [Saitama] was kicked by Boros and flew away at about this speed."

Along with the fact that Boros kicking him at lightspeed is contradicted by the OTHER ONEBUKURO, which was pointed out by @Fubuki_hell_, he also said he thought that Boros kicked him at about the speed of light. If anything, this is more supporting evidence for Relativistic(+) Boros.

The scan from OTHER ONEBUKURO, which is what Emirp sumitpo referenced in their post, states that Boros eliminates friction by kicking the target at relativistic speed. Aside from that, the speed of light stuff is invalid.

サイタマ、ボロスに蹴られてだいたいこのくらいのスピードで飛んでってた気がする。。
"I think [Saitama] was kicked by Boros and flew away at about this speed."

Along with the fact that Boros kicking him at lightspeed is contradicted by the OTHER ONEBUKURO, which was pointed out by @Fubuki_hell_, he also said he thought that Boros kicked him at about the speed of light. If anything, this is more supporting evidence for Relativistic(+) Boros.
Ok, thx for clearing that up, I'll probably remove sol later

That scan says Saitama was flying at near light speed, not that the act of Boros kicking was near light speed and not that his aura propelled Saitama at near light speed.

Saitama was simply hit so hard that he went flying at near light speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back