• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calculation Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
basically, what you do it, you take the radius of the storm in meters, the height of about 8,000 meters, and use that to make a cylinder.

Then, if you're using CAPE or KE (assuming it qualifies), you apply the 1.003 KG/M^3, then, for CAPE, you apply the KJ/KG values listed on standard storm Calculations. For KE, you just divide the radius by the time it took for the storm to form, then use .5 times mass times speed^2

Okay, sorry you're talking to like one or two other people at the same time.

Minna no!

But there is one thing I wanna ask. Basically in my new upcoming verse, a character of mine called "Minna" gets pushed off the edge of a cliff on a mountain, she falls down and then a gust of wind blows her off. A few secounds after that she went unconsious. I have heard a story where A dog survived falling from a cliff near where I live which is even higher than the Statue of Liberty. That height is still nothing compared to this height soooo yeah. IDK how high or low this would be, but maybe you could calculate that for me just in case it maybe higher than I think?

It's probably just baseline wall level at best if she like, tumbled all the way down with not much harm.

At 3,532.m she didn't tumble down. She fell straight down since it's a cliff.

When she blown off by the wind though at 1,806.m, yeah she tumbled down.

Hmm

I dunno how much you increase in speed when you're falling but the KE would definitely be Wall level if it's a straight fall

@Peppy

Gravitational Potential Energy turns to KE, so I guess this goes like...

She fell from 3532 meters to 1806. So we first find the difference to see the actual height from which she fell which is 1726 meters. Velocity falling (right before crashing) would be like 183.92824687904795 m/s.

Average weight of a 13ish old girl should be around 101 pounds from what I got or approximately 46 kg.

KE upon impact ends up as 778080.8000000003 joules.

778 Kilojoules or 0,000185965583 Tons of TNT give or take.
Wall lvl.
It should be lower than this though since this calc isn't taking Air Friction into account but it should very much likely still be Wall lvl range.

Sorry I forgot to tell you her age. She is actually thirteen years old (Suprised you got that right, kinda), although she was only four when that happened if that makes a difference?

It does since the smaller the person, the less heavy they are, the smaller their cross sectional area, drag coefficient may change (for lower) and that sort of affects the calc, too. Google tells me the average weight of a 4 years old is 15kg.

I'll use that for mass as opposed to 46 (13 years old) like before.

As for drag coefficient and projected area, I'll just lowball the average for an adult human (0.6 and 0.5 respectively) by a point each (meaning I'll use 0.5 and 0.4 respectively) because I'm not searching that for a 4 years old. Shouldn't change that much either way.
I'll try to use a method that considers air resistance by using the actual terminal velocity formula, then follow up with the KE one, and hopefully I get it right.

Give me a few minutes.

V = the square root of ((2*m*g)/(¤ü*A*C))

P = density of air = 0.7048 at 3500 meters, which is more or less the height she fell from.
C = drag coefficient = 0.6 is a rough estimate for the human form . Going with a 0.5 since she's a 4 years old.
A = Projected area = 0.5, same as above. Going with 0.4 then.
g = gravity constant = 9.8
m = mass = 15 kg, average for a four years old girl.
V = Terminal velocity, what we need to find

V= square root of 2 * 15 * 9.8 / 0.7048 * 0.5 * 0.4

V = 294/0,14096

V = 1965, 24064171123

Square root of it gives me:

V = 44,331 m/s

Which shows how much physics actually slows stuff down when it starts falling as it comes nowhere close to the 183.92824687904795 m/s that we get if there's no Air Friction (granted her size and weight and drag coefficient also changed so). Oof.

Anyways, now for KE:

KE = 0.5 * mv┬▓

KE = 0.5 * 15 * 44,331┬▓

KE = 0.5 * 15 * 1965,2

KE = 14 739 J

Which is like less than 300 joules away from baseline Wall Level. Oof.

...I was expecting higher but given her actual age, the dramatic drop in weight from a 13 year old to a 4 year old and Air Resistance being a thing now to drop her velocity as well, it actually makes sense.

To put things into perspective, this is so close to Wall Level that if she weighs even like, 1kg more, the feat becomes Wall Level.

\/

KE = 0.5 * 16 * 1965,2

KE = 15721, 6 J

Which is 15,7216 Kilojoules. Baseline wall level.

EDIT: So i'll try again with 15.4 Kg which is the full average measure as opposed to the 15 Kg approximate.

KE = 0.5 * 15.4 * 1965,2

KE = 15132, 4 J

15,132 Kilojoules.

...Nevermind, it *IS* baseline Wall Level!

EDIT (again, and hopefully final): I effed up slightly here:

V = 294/0,14096

V = 1965, 24064171123

Blame me doing this past midnight. 294/0,14096 is actually 2085,698. I'll correct the rest accordingly. And also update the weight to 15,4 as opposed to 15.

V = Square root of 2085,698

V = 45,6694427 m/s

KE = 0.5 * mv┬▓

KE = 0.5 * 15,4 * 45,6694427┬▓

KE = 0.5 * 15,4 * 2085,698

KE = 16 059,8746 J

Final Tally: 16,059 Kilojoules.

Now a solid Baseline Wall Level.

Also attack more Saturn made a earthquake that can be felt from 1 km away and it shook the ground as everyone a km away can barely stand straight. this beat his enemy who was winning against attack more Saturn until his friend got hurt which gave him a rage boost on top of attack mode

Alright! So originally I just wanted a speed feat, but I realize I'd also like an AP Feat for the planty boi, Eric Garcia.

First up is the speed feat itself, which is him being able to react to a Veiny and fleshy tentacle coming from an earth-like planet to it's moon in only a millisecond. I listed it off as FTL+ but I'm preeeeetty sure that's innacurate, so I needed a bit of help with that. The distance is practically the same as our own earth and moon for reference c:

The second one is an AP feat where he scales to Shadow Generals who could cause omnidirectional explosions that can engulf the entirety of the solar system at a moments notice, and the blast originated near the very center of it (Fairly close to the system's star). The solar sytem is about the same size as ours. I can draw a reference of sorts if additional info is needed but that's about it for now~

Both are these are actually super easy, I can take care of these if I don't find myself in a haze like yesterday

Yesterday was a haze and today I looked at you and figured you should receive the deafening noise of silence for your rather inconsiderate actions on discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back