• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
de5vnao-70e49c79-8655-40b9-8bc7-1dc16c2a1a72.png

Alright, gonna try to explain the whole thing so buckle up anyone that cares about Blazblue.

So Shulk tried to debunk the following:
*Noel's immortality
*Phenomena Intervention hax
*Terumi coming back from time killer

Regarding Noel's immortality, he claimed that the Life Link that she has with Hazama is not combat applicable because another character named Nu-13 "died" at the end of CT and came back in CSEX, which was like a few days tops. The thing he conveniently ignored, was the fact that Nu-13 when she "died" fell into the boundary, where it's stated multiple times to erase beings who enter it, Jubei even elaborating on it being able to erase you across history, Nu-13 brought her back through sheer force of will for Ragna with said immortality intact for her, and rebuild her body while inside the boundary. What also shoots his argument in this case in the foot, is Relius' arcade mode and the true ending in CSEX. Where Ragna didn't bother killing Terumi inside Hazama's body because of said life link, and in Relius' arcade mode, it takes place during the true ending of CSEX. Relius helps terumi outsmart god by killing him, and by killing him I mean tear him into pieces literally by his robot doll, and he comes back in like a few moments later to outsmart Takamagahara, who's a nigh omniscient deity [look at Terumi's precognition explanation for more detail on that]. So his whole argument of "it's not combat applicable" is complete bullshit because of the fact that we have onscreen proof of that.

Another thing regarding Noel's immortality he tried to debunk is that he claims "there's no real application to it being super broken" in regards to her other form of immortality (Side note for anyone wondering, she has A LOT of different things that make her unkillable, it gets to the ludicrous degree) and claims the best that's shown is her noping damage in a weird way from Hakumen and Hibiki. Ignoring how multiple times numerous characters have stated, even those who want her dead, she cannot die easily, Hibiki in particular was not only told he cannot kill her but he finds that out for himself, but this also includes characters with numerous different haxes that can kill anyone unconventionally, like soul destroying powers, Erasing beings from existence, etc. etc. etc. (There's a lot, and I mean A LOT of different statements from many characters who are highly knowledgeable on the verse who hammer in the home that she cannot die easily no matter what anyone else tries. Even Amane; who's as knowledgeable as Rachel, someone who knows everything in the world, tells Hakumen that the immortal killing weapon that Tsubaki has wouldn't be enough to kill Noel, so I'd be here all day posting every single screenshot or clip if I wanted to), and compared it to dragon ball immortality, while also saying there's no super regenerative factor involved, ignoring how Prime field devices in general have self observation, which is what grants them high godly regeneration in the first place, but even dragon ball immortality, as shown with zamasu, has regenerative properties so idk what he's even talking about here. Here's the best part about this whole debunk here, he also claims that "Noel surviving time killer from Hakumen is unfounded, because it's a generic anime slash he did on Noel". For context of this scene here, Hakumen is trying to kill Noel because of her being the source of the distortions happening, also; Time Killer is a "generic anime slash", on top of being Hakumen's most potent ability period. If he did not do time killer there, why the **** would he give up the moment she got up and said she's alive, while also saying to her that he cannot kill her? It not being time killer that he did on her in the end of the fight makes no sense when killing her was the entire point.

Next up, Terumi coming back from time killer, so this debunk comes from the fact that "it's unfounded, because terumi just vanished when the technique happens and he comes back in sealed space".... Do I need to explain how Terumi getting hit by time killer, followed by him being erased from time the following moment, and him coming back from that erasure via self observation is claimed to be "unfounded"? Because it's ******* common sense that he got erased by time killer and came back from it via observing himself. He also follows this up by claiming it's from the Edge's statement, but claims that it's vague. He posts these two scans for reference, but conveniently ignored to post this scan right here that backs up existence erasure. For context of the whole thing here, cause he's mixing up information in this part of the debunk. Terumi naturally lives in the boundary and can exist just fine without being erased across history, but Hakumen's time killer is potent enough to erase terumi despite him having natural resistance to being erased, meaning Hakumen's time killer is more potent to erasing beings than a realm that can erase you across history, and Terumi came back from that via self observation, as stated when we first see him in central fiction.

Finally, Phenomena Intervention hax. So he tried to debunk concept hax, quantum hax, pocket dimension, and power nullification Here's the debunk cause oh my lord.

So he claimed that Noel separating herself is just a result of her seeing the gate, but he ignored an important plot point. Noel saw where the gate to the true Azure is, which is what the main villains have been trying to get for the entire series. Noel intentionally split herself from her Mu-12 form (which is basically her super saiyan form) and her normal form, with the former having those memories, just so that if the villains did catch her they wouldn't be able to find out where the gate to the ultimate god powers were. So she literally affected her at a conceptual level to make two of herself at once. And the type 1 debunk, all he said was "the concept of worlds is just an information type thing". So if you read the scans that was posted in the PI page for concept hax, you'll see that it flat out state that all information was taken by the embryo, HOWEVER, the concept still exists. Meaning it's not an information type thing when the scans flat out distinguish between information itself and concepts.

Quantum hax basically boiled down to "Tager had a weapon to counter Hakumen, and Ragna has a similar weapon", which first of all is complete headcanon that it was designed to counter Hakumen. Not once was it ever stated in the series that the IDEA engine was made to hard counter hakumen ever. Second, Hakumen flat out says that Tager's weapon is being used as an extension of Kokonoe's observation range, and she's literally manipulation quantum stuff doing so with her observation; but it's not perfected, further proven on how Kokonoe herself admits Rachel is better at Phenomena intervention than her. And for the record, any observer is capable of utilizing phenomena intervention as you need to observe things in order to intervene in the first place in this series.

Pocket dimension, literally all he said is "Imaginary world made by Noel moving on".... Look at this scan here, as well as read the phenomena intervention page where the pocket dimension ability is explained, and I'd like you to tell me what's wrong about the argument of this being a "imaginary world made by Noel"

Power Nullification: claimed that it's a character specific thing despite Amane saying he's observing the power to suppress it, which again, is something anyone with phenomena intervention can do, the only difference between phenomena intervention is the scale on what you're affecting in the first place, whether it's specific individuals or objects, to entire realities.

That is basically the extent of his debunk, the rest of his stuff was him explaining shit which weren't exactly wrong but yeah, like 95% of his arguments were severely wrong on so many levels it's baffling. On top of this guy being the same person who confused her immortality as the successor to the azure with her self observation, which are two different things that keeps her immortal btw; while also claiming people need to research the series themselves and learn how her immortality functions ******* irony right there lemme tell you. On TOP of claiming that because I'm the only person on the face of vs debating (according to him) that bothered to research the entire verse in depth that it automatically makes me suspicious of being legit, despite the fact that oh Idk... I have a cosmology blog to explain how the hell the verse functions and what specific terminologies are supposed to mean, I have virtually every single character filled to the brim with scans to back up their abilities and resistances, I have an entire page dedicated to explain how Phenomena Intervention as an ability works, WITH SCANS TO BACK IT UP BTW. On top of being more than free to answer anyone's questions on Blazblue related topics, like anyone can ask me anything Blazblue related and I'll answer them for you. But whatever, apparently being the only person on the internet who bothered to research the damn verse when not many others would is not legitimate enough (which btw I didn't research this entire series on my own, I had a few other people help me, but they essentially retired so I'm the only one holding down the fort for the series since they're gone). I guess ******* Einstein and Alexander Fleming and Charles Darwin aren't legit experts in their field of expertise because they're one person who found the discoveries in their field of research, not like other people can see for themselves if their research was true or not, but what do I know. Anyways that's my side rant.

Last edited:
Continuing my comical hatred of Reverse-Flash...

LookAtThisRatBastardThawne.png

Look at this rat bastard

Piece of shit

Ages children to dust just for fun. Such a toxic fan of the Flash he makes Syndrome look like a god damn introvert. Family? Killed any family that he didn't like. Allies? Tools. Catharsis? The ****'s that? This ****** got disintegrated by Doctor goddamn Manhattan and was fine the same day. Thawne dying is about as dramatic as Krillin dying, but at least Krillin takes a year or so to come back and people in-universe actually feel upset when he dies. Has two separate names, confusing the shit out of people.

At least Darksied is literally the embodiment of tyranny, giving him something of an excuse. Brainiac genuinely thinks what he's doing is right, no matter how mistaken he is. Joker's a god damn lunatic. Lobo likes dolphins. Lex, well... Lex depends on the writer.

Thawne is universally a bastard with no redeeming qualities no matter who's writing him. He isn't an inherently evil god, he isn't insane, he dosn't like anything but the misery of others.

He dosn't deserve happiness, he dosn't deserve love, he dosn't deserve kindness, he dosn't deserve air, food or water. But even if he didn't have those he's probably survive through some speed force bullshit.

Piece of ******** trash. Boiling him alive in oil is insufficient punishment for all the bullshit he's done and gotten away with scott-free.

What about the other matches of the season we got?
Well...

Yoda vs KM: Its a great ep, although arguably one might rate it lower for reasons. Verdict wise KM's scaling can feel weird and for verdict part they didn't bring up enough for KM abilities. Animation ending was bit too much Kingdom Hearts related. A "bias" if you were to criticize it harshly. Personally I found it fun and funny too.

Shadow vs Ryuko: Probably most overall solid ep of season. Granted, they portrayed Ryuko as bit too hotheaded and the song is too edgy because Shadow & Ryuko aren't that edgy as they've been memed. I still like the song and the fight is fun so its prolly in Top 3.

Lex vs Doom: Its complicated. They did screw up some parts like the melee combat was terrible and maybe it too much back and forth talk. But that dang footdive was cool. Also this ost wasn't too bad. I also liked the analysis part. Honestly another reason this ep gets mehed is simply its MU, doing Lex vs Doom at this time wasn't ideal. If it wasn't for some spotty parts, it'd be really good, but the bad parts are some of worst in season.

Heihachi vs Geese: Decent, but faster choreography would have helped. Music is good.

Blake vs Mikasa: Honestly decent enough. Depending on your tolerance for frame rate, it might be even good. But if you hate it its at near bottom.

IF vs Po: KFP has incredible fights and music and this episode only gave us the bare minimum. The fight was too referency. Yeah, DB references things already by using moves and whatnot but there were just a bit too much pace breaking KFP jokes that don't work as a fight. Music suffered HARD from this too.

Steven vs Star: Honestly they could've done more but fight is not as disappointing as IF vs Po. OST is good too. Verdict could have been better, I saw people wonder why couldn't Steven just blitz base Star.

Link vs Cloud 2: Pretty great fight & OST. Kind of same issue with KM, in that fight felt bit "biased" in FF style. It was cool, but arguably that can be a problem.

Unordered Tier list:
High: Yoda vs KM, Shadow vs Ryuko, Link vs Cloud 2
Mid: Heihachi vs Geese, Blake vs Mikasa, Steven vs Star
Low: Lex vs Doom, IF vs Po

Despite these, on the whole this season is better than S7 so far on average.

Heihachi vs Geese: Decent, but faster choreography would have helped. Music is good.
Agree on coreography, also wished better a better voice on Heihachi, he sounds like a old school anime skinny old man honestly for the most part and its not as deep as his other 2 voices he had in japanese
Blake vs Mikasa: Honestly decent enough. Depending on your tolerance for frame rate, it might be even good. But if you hate it its at near bottom.
AoT is a series i have a bad history with, both vs wise and overall and for all that hype on the match i expected at least to be made good enough to say "ok it wasnt that bad, guess it lived up to the hype", yet it didnt

Music was great tho, guess it fit with mikasa, dont know for Blake

Alright, gonna try to explain the whole thing so buckle up anyone that cares about Blazblue.

So Shulk tried to debunk the following:
*Noel's immortality
*Phenomena Intervention hax
*Terumi coming back from time killer

Regarding Noel's immortality, he claimed that the Life Link that she has with Hazama is not combat applicable because another character named Nu-13 "died" at the end of CT and came back in CSEX, which was like a few days tops. The thing he conveniently ignored, was the fact that Nu-13 when she "died" fell into the boundary, where it's stated multiple times to erase beings who enter it, Jubei even elaborating on it being able to erase you across history, Nu-13 brought her back through sheer force of will for Ragna with said immortality intact for her, and rebuild her body while inside the boundary. What also shoots his argument in this case in the foot, is Relius' arcade mode and the true ending in CSEX. Where Ragna didn't bother killing Terumi inside Hazama's body because of said life link, and in Relius' arcade mode, it takes place during the true ending of CSEX. Relius helps terumi outsmart god by killing him, and by killing him I mean tear him into pieces literally by his robot doll, and he comes back in like a few moments later to outsmart Takamagahara, who's a nigh omniscient deity [look at Terumi's precognition explanation for more detail on that]. So his whole argument of "it's not combat applicable" is complete bullshit because of the fact that we have onscreen proof of that.

Another thing regarding Noel's immortality he tried to debunk is that he claims "there's no real application to it being super broken" in regards to her other form of immortality (Side note for anyone wondering, she has A LOT of different things that make her unkillable, it gets to the ludicrous degree) and claims the best that's shown is her noping damage in a weird way from Hakumen and Hibiki. Ignoring how multiple times numerous characters have stated, even those who want her dead, she cannot die easily, Hibiki in particular was not only told he cannot kill her but he finds that out for himself, but this also includes characters with numerous different haxes that can kill anyone unconventionally, like soul destroying powers, Erasing beings from existence, etc. etc. etc. (There's a lot, and I mean A LOT of different statements from many characters who are highly knowledgeable on the verse who hammer in the home that she cannot die easily no matter what anyone else tries. Even Amane; who's as knowledgeable as Rachel, someone who knows everything in the world, tells Hakumen that the immortal killing weapon that Tsubaki has wouldn't be enough to kill Noel, so I'd be here all day posting every single screenshot or clip if I wanted to), and compared it to dragon ball immortality, while also saying there's no super regenerative factor involved, ignoring how Prime field devices in general have self observation, which is what grants them high godly regeneration in the first place, but even dragon ball immortality, as shown with zamasu, has regenerative properties so idk what he's even talking about here. Here's the best part about this whole debunk here, he also claims that "Noel surviving time killer from Hakumen is unfounded, because it's a generic anime slash he did on Noel". For context of this scene here, Hakumen is trying to kill Noel because of her being the source of the distortions happening, also; Time Killer is a "generic anime slash", on top of being Hakumen's most potent ability period. If he did not do time killer there, why the **** would he give up the moment she got up and said she's alive, while also saying to her that he cannot kill her? It not being time killer that he did on her in the end of the fight makes no sense when killing her was the entire point.

Next up, Terumi coming back from time killer, so this debunk comes from the fact that "it's unfounded, because terumi just vanished when the technique happens and he comes back in sealed space".... Do I need to explain how Terumi getting hit by time killer, followed by him being erased from time the following moment, and him coming back from that erasure via self observation is claimed to be "unfounded"? Because it's ******* common sense that he got erased by time killer and came back from it via observing himself. He also follows this up by claiming it's from the Edge's statement, but claims that it's vague. He posts these two scans for reference, but conveniently ignored to post this scan right here that backs up existence erasure. For context of the whole thing here, cause he's mixing up information in this part of the debunk. Terumi naturally lives in the boundary and can exist just fine without being erased across history, but Hakumen's time killer is potent enough to erase terumi despite him having natural resistance to being erased, meaning Hakumen's time killer is more potent to erasing beings than a realm that can erase you across history, and Terumi came back from that via self observation, as stated when we first see him in central fiction.

Finally, Phenomena Intervention hax. So he tried to debunk concept hax, quantum hax, pocket dimension, and power nullification Here's the debunk cause oh my lord.

So he claimed that Noel separating herself is just a result of her seeing the gate, but he ignored an important plot point. Noel saw where the gate to the true Azure is, which is what the main villains have been trying to get for the entire series. Noel intentionally split herself from her Mu-12 form (which is basically her super saiyan form) and her normal form, with the former having those memories, just so that if the villains did catch her they wouldn't be able to find out where the gate to the ultimate god powers were. So she literally affected her at a conceptual level to make two of herself at once. And the type 1 debunk, all he said was "the concept of worlds is just an information type thing". So if you read the scans that was posted in the PI page for concept hax, you'll see that it flat out state that all information was taken by the embryo, HOWEVER, the concept still exists. Meaning it's not an information type thing when the scans flat out distinguish between information itself and concepts.

Quantum hax basically boiled down to "Tager had a weapon to counter Hakumen, and Ragna has a similar weapon", which first of all is complete headcanon that it was designed to counter Hakumen. Not once was it ever stated in the series that the IDEA engine was made to hard counter hakumen ever. Second, Hakumen flat out says that Tager's weapon is being used as an extension of Kokonoe's observation range, and she's literally manipulation quantum stuff doing so with her observation; but it's not perfected, further proven on how Kokonoe herself admits Rachel is better at Phenomena intervention than her. And for the record, any observer is capable of utilizing phenomena intervention as you need to observe things in order to intervene in the first place in this series.

Pocket dimension, literally all he said is "Imaginary world made by Noel moving on".... Look at this scan here, as well as read the phenomena intervention page where the pocket dimension ability is explained, and I'd like you to tell me what's wrong about the argument of this being a "imaginary world made by Noel"

Power Nullification: claimed that it's a character specific thing despite Amane saying he's observing the power to suppress it, which again, is something anyone with phenomena intervention can do, the only difference between phenomena intervention is the scale on what you're affecting in the first place, whether it's specific individuals or objects, to entire realities.

That is basically the extent of his debunk, the rest of his stuff was him explaining shit which weren't exactly wrong but yeah, like 95% of his arguments were severely wrong on so many levels it's baffling. On top of this guy being the same person who confused her immortality as the successor to the azure with her self observation, which are two different things that keeps her immortal btw; while also claiming people need to research the series themselves and learn how her immortality functions ******* irony right there lemme tell you. On TOP of claiming that because I'm the only person on the face of vs debating (according to him) that bothered to research the entire verse in depth that it automatically makes me suspicious of being legit, despite the fact that oh Idk... I have a cosmology blog to explain how the hell the verse functions and what specific terminologies are supposed to mean, I have virtually every single character filled to the brim with scans to back up their abilities and resistances, I have an entire page dedicated to explain how Phenomena Intervention as an ability works, WITH SCANS TO BACK IT UP BTW. On top of being more than free to answer anyone's questions on Blazblue related topics, like anyone can ask me anything Blazblue related and I'll answer them for you. But whatever, apparently being the only person on the internet who bothered to research the damn verse when not many others would is not legitimate enough (which btw I didn't research this entire series on my own, I had a few other people help me, but they essentially retired so I'm the only one holding down the fort for the series since they're gone). I guess ******* Einstein and Alexander Fleming and Charles Darwin aren't legit experts in their field of expertise because they're one person who found the discoveries in their field of research, not like other people can see for themselves if their research was true or not, but what do I know. Anyways that's my side rant.
Wow, you're right, I don't care about BlazBlue!

Xeno_Matchups_-_Version_9.png

Yes, I made versions of my
XENO JRPG VS MUs CHART

after the 'final' one was done. Don't worry, there's not much else new on here, and I'll focus on the more significant ones:

1) Master Driver Rex + Phneuma (XC2) vs Ouma Shuu + Inori (Guilty Crown).

For those of you who are eagle-eyed enough to remember a far earlier post from this very thread (or may have been reminded of knowing @Shizuka's incessant like spam), I was briefly looking for who Shuu could go up against in VS, suggesting Rex as a first stop:

Who could Ouma Shuu (and/or Inori) fight in VS / Death Battle?

GilCrow.gif

My current ideas range somewhere between Rex + Pyra/Mythra (XC2) or an honorable mention for either Sorey (Tales of Zestiria) or Kirito (SAO), but I'm willing to bet there's more range than that. Thoughts?

For what few of you still remember this show, you may remember how many different weapons (voids) that Shuu has at his disposal (because plot spoilers, he shows resourcefulness). That's why it's recently hit me how much Shuu has a different advantage when it comes to being Rex's MU of choice - can you imagine the animation potential of Roc/Wulfric/babies first wind boxer VS sub-weapons that Shuu can get from various classmates and the Kings Heart in general? Oh, and both lose the power of their respective god-tiers at the end of their respective stories... that too.

2) Albedo (Xenosaga) vs Vanitas (Kingdom Hearts)

I'm not exactly balls deep in KH lore (although I have completed KH2 and Dream Drop Distance a loooooong while back), but I am making progress on KH3, and looking at LPs (yes, I did spoil myself on the game because prior to lockdowns, I never thought I'd get a PS4 (technically it's my brother's, but... details)), and I seem to recall Vanitas calling Ventus his 'brother' in a mocking tone at one point. From what little I remember of other KH LPs I've looked up (specifically BBS), they did have that weird, sort of 'co-dependant but not really because they hate each other' going on that Rubedo and Albedo have, so if I ever decide to look up cutscenes for these games, I'll leave this one on the table.

3) Jessie Black (Xenogears) vs Kenny Ackerman (AoT)

OK this one is minor af, but given the up-and-coming McCree name revision/retcon/oh my god Me2 will you stop being obnoxious for 5 goddamn seconds, I did need an alternative MU for the 1-in-a-million chance this oddball off the drunkard side ever got in. Kenny seems to have a similar kind of strained relationship with Levi that Jessie has with Billy, and both were ex-military of varying consequence to the plot.

--

As much as I joked about this chart still going on, I am starting to slow down on it (a lot), and it's going to depend on if I want to give every character a second opinion.

As usual, stay tuned.

Xeno_Matchups_-_Version_9.png

Yes, I made versions of my
XENO JRPG VS MUs CHART

after the 'final' one was done. Don't worry, there's not much else new on here, and I'll focus on the more significant ones:

1) Master Driver Rex + Phneuma (XC2) vs Ouma Shuu + Inori (Guilty Crown).

For those of you who are eagle-eyed enough to remember a far earlier post from this very thread (or may have been reminded of knowing @Shizuka's incessant like spam), I was briefly looking for who Shuu could go up against in VS, suggesting Rex as a first stop:

For what few of you still remember this show, you may remember how many different weapons (voids) that Shuu has at his disposal (because plot spoilers, he shows resourcefulness). That's why it's recently hit me how much Shuu has a different advantage when it comes to being Rex's MU of choice - can you imagine the animation potential of Roc/Wulfric/babies first wind boxer VS sub-weapons that Shuu can get from various classmates and the Kings Heart in general? Oh, and both lose the power of their respective god-tiers at the end of their respective stories... that too.

2) Albedo (Xenosaga) vs Vanitas (Kingdom Hearts)

I'm not exactly balls deep in KH lore (although I have completed KH2 and Dream Drop Distance a loooooong while back), but I am making progress on KH3, and looking at LPs (yes, I did spoil myself on the game because prior to lockdowns, I never thought I'd get a PS4 (technically it's my brother's, but... details)), and I seem to recall Vanitas calling Ventus his 'brother' in a mocking tone at one point. From what little I remember of other KH LPs I've looked up (specifically BBS), they did have that weird, sort of 'co-dependant but not really because they hate each other' going on that Rubedo and Albedo have, so if I ever decide to look up cutscenes for these games, I'll leave this one on the table.

3) Jessie Black (Xenogears) vs Kenny Ackerman (AoT)

OK this one is minor af, but given the up-and-coming McCree name revision/retcon/oh my god Me2 will you stop being obnoxious for 5 goddamn seconds, I did need an alternative MU for the 1-in-a-million chance this oddball off the drunkard side ever got in. Kenny seems to have a similar kind of strained relationship with Levi that Jessie has with Billy, and both were ex-military of varying consequence to the plot.

--

As much as I joked about this chart still going on, I am starting to slow down on it (a lot), and it's going to depend on if I want to give every character a second opinion.

As usual, stay tuned.

We're in a new thread m8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back