• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Extremely important information about our upcoming forum migration - 2

Just a note that I would appreciate if our members would please stop piling up content revision threads, unless they are important and straightforward/simple to deal with. This is likely the wrong time to handle all of hem at once.

So I tried making a user blog, but apparently I don't have the permission. Is this something to do with the forum move, or is it because of my page making ban?

Because of the forum move, non-staff can't edit pages or create blogs.

We can't make blogs during the move. If you need to though, you can still do it on FC/OC and JBW.

Stopping people from posting them is a much simpler/effective way of ignoring them.

Especially since people will know that they can post them after we start allowing edits again, rather than them just being lost to the ether for no reason.

Also, preventing them from being made in the first place means less staff workload on telling them that we're not evaluating them now.

Yes. I have to reply to comments in 20-30 blogs a day even during the wiki lockdown. No restrictions whatsoever during the Covid-19 crisis, when people stay at home globally, would increase that number to 50-60, along with following revision threads for the accepted calculations, and said threads all disappearing in the new forum, which is unworkable in conjunction with focusing on the moving process itself, and having been in the risk zone for burnout for quite a long time, so we had to be realistic about this.

How's the forum move going, is the error fixing going well? And is the next step of the move within sight?

To be perfectly honest, the programmer in charge of the conversion process got stuck regarding certain errors, and is currently talking with Fandom about about possibly getting a new and considerably less buggy forum backup from them. We don't know for sure if it is necessary yet though. Maybe the Fandom technicians will be able to help him solve the problems without another backup.

Their stated reason: Because the forums were old code that was having issues so they needed to make something new.

The reason I suspect: Because the forums have grown dissimilar to current social media site trends (Twitter, Amino, etc.) they wanted to remake forums in a closer style to those. If all those companies are building their UI that way, they must be doing something good, right?

Crimson Shadow101 said:
Disscusions are a Fandom wide thing. All Fandoms have them.
Yeah, I know that

Yeah, agreed. To me their stated reason sounds like total bullshit, and yours actually makes sense, so I believe your in suspicions.

Unfortunately quite a while longer if we have to get a new forum backup.

Likely at least one month, I think, but I honestly do not know.

Are CRTs still off the table? I have one I've been waiting to post for a while. It's a fairly big update but I don't believe it would take nearly that long to be accepted.

You can do CRTs if they are fairly simple and straightforward to handle. However, we much prefer to not have too many to handle at once given the circumstances, so preferably focus on genuinely important ones.

Antvasima said:
You can do CRTs if they are fairly simple and straightforward to handle. However, we much prefer to not have too many to handle at once given the circumstances, so preferably focus on genuinely important ones.
If I linked you the contents of the CRT before I posted it on the forums would you be able to determine if it would be off-limits or not? I'd say it is genuinely important as it's a tier upgrade for several characters in one verse as well as some missing abilities.

I suppose that would be fine, but it should probably be handled via my message wall, and I don't want others to spam me with similar requests.

No, but I have been told by Fandom staff that we will get enough extra time to finish the migration. I cannot make any absolute promises on my own though.

Back