• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High-Godly regeneration problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what i was suggesting is:

"The ability to regenerate after the erasure of body, mind, and soul, along with at least one even more fundamental aspect of a character's existence, such as their place in the narrative, their entire history, or the underlying concept or information needed for them to exist."

"The ability to regenerate after the erasure of body, mind, and soul, along with at least one even more fundamental aspect of a character's being, such as their place in the narrative, their entire history, the underlying concept or information needed for their existence."

I liked the old version better. Sorry. It is more accurate and easy to understand in its description.

Oh it's fine i had no issues with it either i was just trying to give a synonym to existence.

As long as we remove the double "or" in the sentence im fine with it.

"Or" in this case refers to either the concept or information in conjunction, so I do not see any better alternative. Sorry.

"The ability to regenerate after the erasure of body, mind, and soul, along with at least one even more fundamental aspect of a character's existence, such as their place in the narrative, their entire history, or the underlying concept or information needed for them to exist."
Thank you. So should we apply this then, and should we use "concept" or "concepts"?

I would say "an underlying concept or information" as there isn't necessarily just one of those, but it suffices to erase one.

And we can probably apply it. The other changes can be made afterwards.

Well, I am concerned with that just reducing it to one piece of information that defines and enables their existence is to set our standards for this ability far too low.

What other changes do we need to make btw?

Hmm... yeah, I can see how one information might be somewhat awkward. Don't know how to best put it then.

I think we wanted to add some note to explain that history erasure is only when it's not done via acausality or something in that direction? Just to avoid future confusion.
And Executor N0's suggestion to create a page regarding "Levels of Being" is still on the table.

Okay. Thank you for helping out. It is very appreciated.

I'd just remove underlying information and leave underlying concept.

I thought "information" was included because some verses involve cosmologies like that.

Well, I am concerned with that just reducing it to one piece of information that defines and enables their existence is to set our standards for this ability far too low.
I don't think it would necessarily be an issue. I think we have been fairly strict on information being a valid form of a fundamental aspect of existence for regeneration to apply, regarding the associated verse cosmologies.

Okay. Thank you.

Is this acceptable then?

"The ability to regenerate after the erasure of body, mind, and soul, along with at least one even more fundamental aspect of a character's existence, such as their place in the narrative, their entire history, or the underlying concept(s) or information needed for them to exist."

Thank you.

Is it acceptable to the rest of you as well?

We finally seem to be finished here. Thank you to everybody who have helped out.

Is it fine if I close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back