• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hikage vs Homura Kougetsu

Alternate Title: Rattlesnake tried bite down the Space Fox!

With Senran Kagura is finally got updated and now more polished than ever, i think it's time to bring this verse back ti the surface with many matches that we can do
I wanted to start with Haruka but then change my mind and choose Hikage instead because why not? She also need more matches as my previous matches with her wasn't that good enough
On other side bumped by motivation after saw that official art by Mashima (you can see it below), i'm going to start making some of Homura matches, and this time the two are going to face against each other in this fight!

● ------------------------------------- ●

When your summer time in swimming pool was interupted by a an assassin that tried to sneak and snap your head, what would you do? Well for Homura case....she'll pissed off and fight back!
In her meantime vacation in earth (specifically japan in summer), Homura need to deal with a secret ninja association who tried to hunt her and her friends as well....even in relax time!
This time the rattlesnake green hair girl would take her chance to take her down, but Homura wouldn't let that happen! A Summer pool fight! How H O T and T H I C C it would be!

• BoS Homura and Deep Crimson Hikage are used
  • Speed are equalized
  • Both are in-characters
  • Place located in Shibamasa World
  • images
  • Starting Range: 10 meters
  • Win via K.O and Incap!!

Space Fox: 7 (Lugh, Anon, Esesso, Pop, Random, Milly, Myself)Rattlesnake: 4 (Hagane, Rusty, Fanta, Rusty)Inconclusive: 0

FRl-VNIaIAASSkw

VS
E58bORxUcAED5WN

Last edited:
I respect your opinion, but at the same time I do disagree.

I'd like to point out in this thread, the reason people are voting for Homura is better skill and reflecting her knives. And I've already countered such points. Hikage will only throw knives once and not again after seeing Homura reflect them. And while her higher skill is indeed very troublesome.

Hikage becoming two times faster with Frantic mode, and even faster with Frenzied mode should let her take the edge. She doesn't need to cause fatal damage to win either, she just needs to land a few strikes for her poison to kill Homura. Hikage's poison is strong enough to eat through rocks in a few second.

This is very deadly, and small scratches should have a massive impact. Homura from what I gather isn't the type to spam attacks at range and keep Hikage away. Up close Hikage may be inferior, but her tricky movements, suddenly extending knife, and 2X speed boost with Frantic mode should let her get some hits in.

By the time Homura realizes that she needs to stay away, there should be enough poison/damage on her to hinder her movements. Homura can't just blow her back with her wind either since their Lifting Strength is basically equal. And she won't take an advantage of her ranged attacks until it is too late and she is poisoned.

Since I was told she prefers CQC, so in character she won't just always keep her distance and attack correct?

Also Homura has a high chance of not noticing the poison knives, since Hikage might not land any hits without the speed boost. Which means Homura will have the advantage at first, which could leave her off guard for the sudden two times speed boost when Hikage goes Frantic.

Note: I'm being very generous there, since I haven't seen anything in this thread to suggest Hikage won't land a single hit on her with equal speed. But I'm giving the benefit of the doubt for the EZ supporters. But unless she has god level of skill, I don't really think she wins easily with skill alone.

Hikage's movements in game are all I have to show. But these aren't exactly simple movements, I can't say how skilled this is but she isn't some amateur.
Hmm. I'll admit that I am completely neutral regarding both of these characters since I don't know anything about them, but... Rusty's statement, in my mind, is convincing. Mostly cuz, IMO, having the ability to have a 2x speed boost in a speed equal match is very strong and Hikage's poison seems deadly to me.

Hikage FRA.

Don't worry, i can remind you once again in your wall
I mean, I was already typing up some shit but sure lmao

Anyway, time to bother with this now.

First things first, Frantic and Frenzy Mode or whatever they’re called. How in character is it for Hikage to use them?

Next is whether or not Hikage can resist the poison on her knife because Homura is good enough with attack reflection to deflect 360 danmaku right back at her opponent without fail. I know it was mentioned that she won’t throw her knife beyond the first time but looking at her technique section, she has 3 ranged attacks that are knife spam out of 4 techniques that don’t use a Mode. It honestly seems more likely that she will spam range and get negged by her own poison.

I saw a mention of Hikage potentially having info analysis up above unless I misread which is very likely considering I skimmed through the thread, what kind of feats am I looking at here? Because Homura predicted Garrot getting through her Odin Strike, what he would do, the exact spot he would go, his actions after pinning her, his reaction to her telling him about the sword and even the timing of their convo for Valkyrie’s sword to nail him dead center in the chest as he freaks out searching for it. And yes she did actually account for all of that since he was initially standing over her with a foot on her back, a position that would have meant Valkyrie’s sword would have missed him if she didn’t tell him about it since it’s his searching that makes him look upwards and lean back far enough to get shish kebab’d.

In terms of CQC, I don’t really see anything special for Hikage, just a bunch of wide swings. Sure they have range but given Homura’s info analysis and her danmaku feat which didn’t even touch her at all, the knife slashes won’t either. Whip form is the only thing that seems useful but she other swings it in a set pattern where it’s basically just increased range or a thrust where it extends in a straight line.

Based on the vid linked above, a third to half of her moves involve her jumping into the air … where she has no manoeuvrability and is in the perfect position for Homura to Odin Strike.

Honestly, this whole thing comes down to how fast Hikage will use her Frenzy Mode and that is only because of her attack pattern changing completely, so Homura will have a harder time adjusting to both the double speed and different move set since she would already be used to the standard stuff even if used with Frantic Mode.

If she isn’t using it almost immediately, I’m keeping my vote for Homura via deflecting poison knives back at Hikage for a one shot or vastly outskilling in CQC.

Hikage is resistant to her own poison, I've already stated that above. She not only licks her own knives but fought a clone of herself that also uses the same poison knives and didn't die. Will make a thread to bring up poison resistance for anyone who fights Hikage as well.

Hikage will not range spam. Why would any person use a ranged attack after seeing it reflected back at them? Hikage is mostly a close range fighter anyway, as 90% of her moves are for close to mid range combat. Just like every other character in the game, she has some ranged attacks but those aren't meant for anything more than annoying the opponent. She does have a special move where she rains down a bunch of knives, but I highly doubt she'll use it after seeing Homura deflect her knives.

Frantic mode and Frenzied mode have nothing in canon to go off of. Everything these characters do is gameplay only, so all I can say if she will use them. I'm operating on the assumption she'll use them when Homura starts overwhelming her as she realizes she can't win. Frenzied mode is damage based I believe, though she can use it whenever in some games.

I've seen Homura's stuff going off her profile. Her reflecting those attacks is mostly speed. Especially when the attacks move in a straight line. Her reflecting multiple stuff all around is a speed feat, that doesn't speak for intelligence or skill beyond the skill needed to reflect projectiles with a sword strike.

Which is indeed very impressive, I want to make it clear I'm not downplaying that. And I can see that with her own feats she is without a doubt the superior fighter.

But nothing to suggest god tier level skill. Her analytical prediction isn't all the impressive for this fight in particular, since she wasn't predicting the next attacks of someone she was currently fighting. While still impressive without a doubt, I hesitant to assume she can predict her opponents attacks without the feats to support it.

What she calculates there is vastly different to figuring out a person's attack pattern. She simply predicting on what he would do after getting through her attack, honestly her having the blade land on him like this is massively impressive though.

Considering how Frantic mode is used in game I can also just say Hikage can use whenever. There is no set pattern or timing, it's all decided by the player. Hikage is also has Pseudo-Flight, all SK girls can jump and dash in mid-air. So she wouldn't be helpless in the air.

Hikage is resistant to her own poison, I've already stated that above. She not only licks her own knives but fought a clone of herself that also uses the same poison knives and didn't die. Will make a thread to bring up poison resistance for anyone who fights Hikage as well.
Ah, missed that. Put me down for agree lol
Hikage will not range spam. Why would any person use a ranged attack after seeing it reflected back at them? Hikage is mostly a close range fighter anyway, as 90% of her moves are for close to mid range combat. Just like every other character in the game, she has some ranged attacks but those aren't meant for anything more than annoying the opponent. She does have a special move where she rains down a bunch of knives, but I highly doubt she'll use it after seeing Homura deflect her knives.
My point was that since most of the moves on her profile were her using ranged attacks involving a bunch of projectiles, the odds of her doing so at some point is very high which is when Homura slaps them all back in her face, not that she would see it fail once and then keep trying.
Frantic mode and Frenzied mode have nothing in canon to go off of. Everything these characters do is gameplay only, so all I can say if she will use them. I'm operating on the assumption she'll use them when Homura starts overwhelming her as she realizes she can't win. Frenzied mode is damage based I believe, though she can use it whenever in some games.
If it’s damaged based, that’s kinda problematic for her since Homura just … kills her opp.
I've seen Homura's stuff going off her profile. Her reflecting those attacks is mostly speed. Especially when the attacks move in a straight line. Her reflecting multiple stuff all around is a speed feat, that doesn't speak for intelligence or skill beyond the skill needed to reflect projectiles with a sword strike.
It’s really not a speed feat when it’s coming from someone who is comparable to her in speed and she is able to reflect dozens of projectiles of varying shapes and sizes from several different angles directly at her opponent. Yes, there is a speed aspect to it but this is definitely a skill/accuracy feat.
Which is indeed very impressive, I want to make it clear I'm not downplaying that. And I can see that with her own feats she is without a doubt the superior fighter.

But nothing to suggest god tier level skill. Her analytical prediction isn't all the impressive for this fight in particular, since she wasn't predicting the next attacks of someone she was currently fighting. While still impressive without a doubt, I hesitant to assume she can predict her opponents attacks without the feats to support it.

What she calculates there is vastly different to figuring out a person's attack pattern. She simply predicting on what he would do after getting through her attack, honestly her having the blade land on him like this is massively impressive though.
Her prediction is arguably even more impressive as she heard Garrot talk and saw like … 2 or 3 attacks when he fought Shiki predicted the actions he would take, the gloating he would do, how he would respond to her attack and words etc. Then we have the fact that she is as good, if not better, at fighting than Shiki and Rebecca who can predict what moves the enemy will make in a fight one of the many reasons why video games are good for people.

Then we also have her seeing Kleene throw some wind at her and make up a new move on the spot that directly counters it.
Considering how Frantic mode is used in game I can also just say Hikage can use whenever. There is no set pattern or timing, it's all decided by the player. Hikage is also has Pseudo-Flight, all SK girls can jump and dash in mid-air. So she wouldn't be helpless in the air.
So wait, the SK girls are always controlled by the player and don’t have cutscenes or anything? If that’s the case, damage trigger it is. Sigh 😔 … man do I hate gameplay only characters. It opens up the can of worms that is pro gamer moves that perfectly utilise a specific kit to win.
Apologies for the double posting. But continuing with her air mobility.

Hikage and all SK girls can do this snap down thing when in the air. Quickly letting themselves get back into the ground. Just in case the air is a bad position to be in.

And in Deep Crimson, which is the key being used here, the girls can all dash like this in the air.
Guess I stand corrected on the airtime vulnerability.

So wait, the SK girls are always controlled by the player and don’t have cutscenes or anything? If that’s the case, damage trigger it is. Sigh 😔 … man do I hate gameplay only characters. It opens up the can of worms that is pro gamer moves that perfectly utilise a specific kit to win.
Character based games while use for speedrunners = Reality warping via skill

If it’s damaged based, that’s kinda problematic for her since Homura just … kills her opp.

It’s really not a speed feat when it’s coming from someone who is comparable to her in speed and she is able to reflect dozens of projectiles of varying shapes and sizes from several different angles directly at her opponent. Yes, there is a speed aspect to it but this is definitely a skill/accuracy feat.

Homura has no method of one hit killing her opponent. Unlike Hikage who's blades use poison that melt through rocks.

But damaged based in some games, other games she can just use it whenever she feels like it. Also Frantic mode is the real issue, since that is the 2X speed boost. Which she can use whenever she wants, and Hikage has no preference for stripping so I doubt her going Frantic would be out of character for her at the least.

It's a speed feat, there is no arguing around that. By the time she moves her sword to hit down one or two glass shards, the other glass shards she hasn't hit are now closer to her. The attacks can't be moving at her same speed or she'd get impaled. Her being able to hit all of them before hitting her is pure speed.

Deflecting the objects in the first place is skill in of itself, I already said it was up above. However the number of them is irrelevant, that has nothing to do with skill after that. Because no amount of skill in the world can protect you from it. You need speed, speed to hit ever single one of those projectiles before they hit you.

Yes gameplay mostly characters are hard to argue for, since I personally believe these girls to be far more skilled than my ability to explain. How they fight beyond just attacking is very hard to get down in any reasonable way though.

So I guess that is it. I don't really see any point in continuing the debating. Since I have no way of talking up skill and you aren't going to be swayed by my crap way of explaining things. I'll just reiterate my points on why Hikage wins, and will leave it at that unless people have more questions.

Hikage gets my vote via poison knives. These blades can melt through rocks in seconds and a singe scratch should inflict major damage. While Homura has higher skill, Hikage has Frantic mode to double her speed, along with a whip blade that can extend mid attack without any kind of warning to it. Their comparable Lifting Strength makes it impossible or at least very difficult for Homura to just send Hikage flying away.

Hikage is very mobile, not just on the ground but in the air as well. Along with the fact she only needs to land a fewer amount of hits than her opponent does. Combined with her 2X speed boost, and the unknown speed boost with Frenzied mode which also changes up her fighting style completely. I think she can take Homura off guard to land enough hits that the poison begins to restrict her movements and making it easier to land more hits.

If you disagree or agree with me, that is fine. I believe I've done the best I could with the information I know. I could be missing something about Hikage for all I know, but I'm not the type of guy who can go through all of her game appearances to find some small bit of information that'd give her another advantage.

Well i guess this is it
While what Rusty and others said was really good, Homura arguments here are make her win in slight edge so yeah, final vote is going to be mine: Homura FRA

How dare you!

I admit it's disheartening, makes one wonder why they even try at all. I'm not the type of guy who just smiles when he loses, I just feel depressed and question everything in my life as worthless... I'm joking. I can't smile and it's somewhat disappointing, but in ten minutes that feeling will just go away since this is just for fun.

But I do actually appreciate any exposure to the SK characters. And AnonymousBlank was an excellent debater. Much better than people just saying superior skill GG and get FRA'd to victory while ignoring everything I or anyone else says and then it gets added and the thread is closed.

But I do actually appreciate any exposure to the SK characters. And AnonymousBlank was an excellent debater. Much better than people just saying superior skill GG and get FRA'd to victory while ignoring everything I or anyone else says and then it gets added and the thread is closed.
I know this pain so much.

How dare you!

I admit it's disheartening, makes one wonder why they even try at all. I'm not the type of guy who just smiles when he loses, I just feel depressed and question everything in my life as worthless... I'm joking. I can't smile and it's somewhat disappointing, but in ten minutes that feeling will just go away since this is just for fun.

Can’t wait for some people people to swap their votes just to troll Vel 😈
Hey nice debate

you guys are amazing

Back