• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hikage vs Homura Kougetsu

Alternate Title: Rattlesnake tried bite down the Space Fox!

With Senran Kagura is finally got updated and now more polished than ever, i think it's time to bring this verse back ti the surface with many matches that we can do
I wanted to start with Haruka but then change my mind and choose Hikage instead because why not? She also need more matches as my previous matches with her wasn't that good enough
On other side bumped by motivation after saw that official art by Mashima (you can see it below), i'm going to start making some of Homura matches, and this time the two are going to face against each other in this fight!

● ------------------------------------- ●

When your summer time in swimming pool was interupted by a an assassin that tried to sneak and snap your head, what would you do? Well for Homura case....she'll pissed off and fight back!
In her meantime vacation in earth (specifically japan in summer), Homura need to deal with a secret ninja association who tried to hunt her and her friends as well....even in relax time!
This time the rattlesnake green hair girl would take her chance to take her down, but Homura wouldn't let that happen! A Summer pool fight! How H O T and T H I C C it would be!

• BoS Homura and Deep Crimson Hikage are used
  • Speed are equalized
  • Both are in-characters
  • Place located in Shibamasa World
  • images
  • Starting Range: 10 meters
  • Win via K.O and Incap!!

Space Fox: 7 (Lugh, Anon, Esesso, Pop, Random, Milly, Myself)Rattlesnake: 4 (Hagane, Rusty, Fanta, Rusty)Inconclusive: 0

FRl-VNIaIAASSkw

VS
E58bORxUcAED5WN

Last edited:
Since she is superior in skill she can parry and deflect her attacks and changing her weapons could also help her in the fight

Homura FRA imo. Reflecting danmaku back it the sender is a bit much for knife throwing. Whip could be interesting but skills exist so the stat amp is really all Hikage has here.

Frantic Modes stat boost and defense decrease are unknown. They do increase power and speed, while decreasing defense. However we don't really have any value for it other than saying they're stronger, faster, and defense is lowered. Hikage usually fights up close with her blades, but she can throw many in very quick succession.

Which get reflected back so she'll probably won't try it against if she seems them being reflected back at her.

Though Homura's intelligence/skills seems to gives her an edge of avoiding many of Hikage's attacks. And she'll also be getting Analytical Prediction it seems.

Also while her blades do inflict poison in game, considering what they do to rocks I believe acid wouldn't be inaccurate either. Hikage's knives are special, the blade can segment into multiple pieces and be uses like a whip. Like Ivy Valentine's sword whip. Hikage can use her whip blade for an attack that covers all around her.

Which as you see still lets her take out three blades to hold in each hand and attack with them while her whip slashes all around. Her blade can also extend after a stab, and can be use to cover a wide area in front of her as she runs forward. Any time Hikage stabs forward there is a chance her blade can suddenly extend as well.

Even a single scratch from her blades could cause some major damage due to that deadly poison as well. Might need to make a CRT for poison resistance for Hikage and characters who fight her. Since she casually licks her own blades, and was able to fight a double of herself that also had the same poison blades.

Frenzied mode is a state Hikage can go into that increases all of her stats. Similar to frantic mode though in this state all of her moves change. She seems to act more deranged but her speed does increase a lot compared to her normal movements. Yes Frantic Mode and Frenzied mode can stack onto each other.

While there is no set number for either boost, she still can boost her speed and power twice. Her defense only drops for Frantic Mode and doesn't drop in Frenzied mode.

How skilled is Homura, enough that she could avoid all of Hikage's attacks while not getting scratched a few times? I won't say her poison will one hit kill or something like that, but seeing them eat through rocks so quickly tells me they'll do a lot of damage. I'm not alright with making a vote just yet until I hear more about Homura.

SK characters have no real skill feats beyond what you see in their gameplay. And I don't believe there are any crazy skill statements, at least I'm unaware of any.

How skilled is Homura, enough that she could avoid all of Hikage's attacks while not getting scratched a few times?
Possibly yes, Homura was able to reflected Amira's Sniper Rifle Bullet back at her. Relected all of Milani's Glass Shards back at her and she doesn't necessarily need to reflect it back at her she just needs to deflect it, and if that's not enough she could use her wind manipulation to blow them away.

0092-004.png
0092-008.png
0091-018.png

Edit: She can also change her weapons into claws, combine to swords, two knives, etc.

Last edited:
Well Hikage doesn't really rely on throwing her knifes like I said, she'd at best do it once and then just stick with close combat. If Homura gets close she can unleash her whip blade, stabbing forward and suddenly making the blade extend. How is she in close quarters?

Or does Homura not fight up close to begin with and will use her range constantly?

Homura's Lifting Strength is around 261027000 Newtons and Hikage's is around 244655478 Newtons. Homura is slightly higher but not enough to make a real difference, around a 6.6% increase. So Hikage shouldn't just be blown away by her attacks, she can hold her ground.

And her speed increase with Frantic mode and increases again with Frenzied mode. While I admit to having no number, two boost in speed and power should still be noticeable. I wonder if comparing her in game speed in frantic mode and normal is allowed, if so I might be able to say how fast she becomes.

Well Hikage doesn't really rely on throwing her knifes like I said, she'd at best do it once and then just stick with close combat. If Homura gets close she can unleash her whip blade, stabbing forward and suddenly making the blade extend. How is she in close quarters?

Or does Homura not fight up close to begin with and will use her range constantly?

Homura's Lifting Strength is around 261027000 Newtons and Hikage's is around 244655478 Newtons. Homura is slightly higher but not enough to make a real difference, around a 6.6% increase. So Hikage shouldn't just be blown away by her attacks, she can hold her ground.

And her speed increase with Frantic mode and increases again with Frenzied mode. While I admit to having no number, two boost in speed and power should still be noticeable. I wonder if comparing her in game speed in frantic mode and normal is allowed, if so I might be able to say how fast she becomes.
Homura is more on CQC if that's what you're asking and if she can deflect it or parry possibly a little bit?

Okay, so checking the speed of her attacks from these two videos. Base Speed and Frantic Mode Speed.

Her combo takes 76 frames to finish in base, and 38 frames to finish in frantic mode. Also as you can see it takes her one second in frantic mode and 2 seconds in base.

So Frantic mode doubles speed her speed, and Frenzied mode increase her speed as well. Though her attacks changes completely and she just becomes a blur, so there is no way to compare the speed there. But Frantic mode alone will double her speed.

So that speed increase shouldn't be taken lightly. And while her defense is lowered, her value was scaling higher than Homura's. Homura is 2.45 KT, while Hikage upscales from 2.77 KT. As the 2.77 KT feat came from the shockwave of two people clashing, and their actual strikes would be stronger than the shockwave they produce.

So the decrease in her durability shouldn't hurt all that much, especially with her speed being doubled. Though both of them are using blades, and stabbing/slashing is a lot more effective than just punching. So the AP/Dura values don't really mean that much when both of them are this close. They can both stab each other just fine.

So that speed increase shouldn't be taken lightly. And while her defense is lowered, her value was scaling higher than Homura's. Homura is 2.45 KT, while Hikage upscales from 2.77 KT. As the 2.77 KT feat came from the shockwave of two people clashing, and their actual strikes would be stronger than the shockwave they produce.
i think you confused the ap's

Homura is 2,77 kilotons while Hikage is 2,45 kilotons

Oops.

Both of their names starts with H and I'm mentally challenged, so go easy on me.

Well what I said still stands, they're both so close and Hikage upscales so the difference doesn't even matter. Especially when both uses blades.

Well I'm going to vote for Hikage. As their Lifting Strength is basically equal Homura can't really just blow her away, Hikage can stand her ground if they clash.

While Homura is superior in terms of skills, I haven't see anything to suggest she is some god tier martial artist that'd treat Hikage like a untrained child. So I imagine she might be able lands some hits in, especially with Frantic mode and Frenzied mode boosting her speed and power. Her blades are covered in a poison so potent that they'd melt rock in seconds, so even a single cut is going to cause a good amount of damage to her.

Her attacks are very wild as well, Hikage can suddenly strike from almost any position and her blade can extend into a whip whenever she wants. An up close fight leans more towards her with both speed boost, poison, and weapon extending. I think Hikage can take her before Homura catches on and can play safer with ranged attacks.

Since at first Hikage will be at a disadvantage, since with equal speed Homura can take her with her superior skill and any thrown knives are reflected back at her. But her two speed boost, which she'll use when pushed, along with her knives extending and poison should let her land enough hits on Homura to cause fatal damage or a fatal dose.

And what can be inferred based upon the characters' backgrounds, a character who comes from an elite shinobi family is definitely going to be way more skilled than a character who came from the slums
And Homura comes from a series where the protagonist visits 5000 planets and fights 5000 types of people from different species, robots and more

And Homura comes from the slums? Sure, and was trained by Yuna, one of the stars of the eden´s crew that were lead by Ziggy

So don´t know how being trained by "elite shinobi" makes any difference

PD: If you are refering to another character from Senran Kagura, and not Homura, then I am sorry, but the point still stand

I still think Homura wins, despite that.
I respect your opinion, but at the same time I do disagree.

I'd like to point out in this thread, the reason people are voting for Homura is better skill and reflecting her knives. And I've already countered such points. Hikage will only throw knives once and not again after seeing Homura reflect them. And while her higher skill is indeed very troublesome.

Hikage becoming two times faster with Frantic mode, and even faster with Frenzied mode should let her take the edge. She doesn't need to cause fatal damage to win either, she just needs to land a few strikes for her poison to kill Homura. Hikage's poison is strong enough to eat through rocks in a few second.

This is very deadly, and small scratches should have a massive impact. Homura from what I gather isn't the type to spam attacks at range and keep Hikage away. Up close Hikage may be inferior, but her tricky movements, suddenly extending knife, and 2X speed boost with Frantic mode should let her get some hits in.

By the time Homura realizes that she needs to stay away, there should be enough poison/damage on her to hinder her movements. Homura can't just blow her back with her wind either since their Lifting Strength is basically equal. And she won't take an advantage of her ranged attacks until it is too late and she is poisoned.

Since I was told she prefers CQC, so in character she won't just always keep her distance and attack correct?

Also Homura has a high chance of not noticing the poison knives, since Hikage might not land any hits without the speed boost. Which means Homura will have the advantage at first, which could leave her off guard for the sudden two times speed boost when Hikage goes Frantic.

Note: I'm being very generous there, since I haven't seen anything in this thread to suggest Hikage won't land a single hit on her with equal speed. But I'm giving the benefit of the doubt for the EZ supporters. But unless she has god level of skill, I don't really think she wins easily with skill alone.

Hikage's movements in game are all I have to show. But these aren't exactly simple movements, I can't say how skilled this is but she isn't some amateur.

Last edited:
Back