• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Improving contents of Powers & Abilities pages

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
In the old "all-purpose request thread" it was asked to improve some Powers & Ability pages in the following ways, but the requests were postponed due to the approaching forum move.
Specifically, the requests were:

Okay, just commenting to show my approval over this.
Also, someone should do me a favor and ask @Elizhaa , I'm too busy to do it myself at the moment.

Last edited:
Only staff members can use that command to cause notifications to appear for others.

Okay then, I went ahead and contacted multiple members knowledgeable on HxH to start witht he Nen revision, then hopefully we can try to fix the other pages.

I also would like to apply some clarification over the Nonexistent Physiology page, apparently it's being confused with being Non-Corporeal (And this isn't an isolated incident, illusions without further details have been mixed up as well), so I would like some thoughts on just mentioning that having a "fancy" way of being doesn't necessarily translate into NEP without further details.

Last edited:
If there are some administrators and discussion moderators that you think are well-suited to help out here, I can use the @Username command to get their attention.

Well, an Image for Dream Manipulation can be found easily on some manga/comic panels. I think I know one from a manga may take some time to find it.

Willpower, not sure...maybe one about Green Lanterns?

For Mathematics and Acausality...no idea sincerly but maybe I could find some by looking through our pages on characters that have those powers listed.

For Nen - it should be likely made a new thread and asking HxH supporters and knowledgeable members to help.

On Vector, some members that could help are those that support To Aru as such power is used a lot there.

I also would like to apply some clarification over the Nonexistent Physiology page, apparently it's being confused with being Non-Corporeal (And this isn't an isolated incident, illusions without further details have been mixed up as well), so I would like some thoughts on just mentioning that having a "fancy" way of being doesn't necessarily translate into NEP without further details.
  • Honestly, I agree; I think a note that explained that being an illusion without solid evidence explains that its NEP could work.

Oh. I did wanna ask for the chance to reword the nen page, but seems like it's gonna get done at least.
Well, you can still post in your sandbox a draft of a rewording of the page that also adheres to the verse-specific power page format, then link it here for evaluation.

Feel free to do so, this topic is more than broad enought as it doesn't cover a particular series (Except for the one of Nen, but that can be handled later on).

I feel like for images, most people are looking to visual mediums like comic books and manga to work with. Apologies.

As for Nen... this is also a specifically manga ability? I don't think I can help with this, given that I don't read manga?

Dunno if I'm the man to reword Vector Manip but I suppose I can take a whack at it.

"Vector Manipulation is the ability to control and alter vectors for a variety of purposes. Doing so may allow the user to deflect things with vectors, control the vectors of things in motion, and so on. Since nearly everything in existence has vectors, this ability is extremely versatile and thus the specifics of the ability vary greatly between characters."

Simple enough, I guess.

The_real_cal_howard

Thank you for helping out, but please be careful to only add ones that are genuinely qualitative improvements please.

Finished. Willpower was replaced with a Green Lantern page, dream with Gengar card art, acausality with Sol Badguy’s example, and mathematics with a Schoolhouse Rock gif.

Cal:

Thank you for helping out.

However, I reverted to the previous image for mathematics manipulation, as the replacement was far too vague for our purposes. My apologies.

Well, this seemed to be a rather important staff thread, but I likely used overkill in calling so many administrators here at once. My apologies for the inconvenience. I am still adjusting to how to properly help to organise the flow of this forum.

Zarathusra's proposals look good, and seems most of it was improved. As for Non-Existent Physiology Vs Non-corporal; I'm no expert on the former. But iirc, the former is like the most advanced level of the latter. Non-Corporal is in general their true self is not physical; whether they're souls without bodies or cosmic entity who operates via avatars. But Non-Existent Physiology sounds more like Abstract Existence rather than Non-Corporal. Not entirely sure the exact difference however, but I know Non-Existent Physiology is basically the character lacks a body, soul, and typical mind or something like that.

I believe that NEP is one of the powers that needs to be revised latter, although it may counts as a massive change.

As for why being a complete illusion (in the sense of being a deceive of the sense) is NEP, it technically is NEP, although not in the tradition sense: it's cheats the sense, so it can be perceived despite its status as nonexistent, it generate the illusion of sound, smell, or even being tangible, but it technically do not exist.

Shouldn't the image used for the old "Time Paradox Immunity" be better than the current Acausality one?
I remember it being more explicit and all.

Can you link it? As I and likely some others don't remember it, plus it would be a faster reference to see, not everyone has the time to manually search in the history section of that page.

"Vector Manipulation is the ability to control and alter vectors for a variety of purposes. Doing so may allow the user to deflect things with vectors, control the vectors of things in motion, and so on. Since nearly everything in existence has vectors, this ability is extremely versatile and thus the specifics of the ability vary greatly between characters."

Simple enough, I guess.
This is still yet to be applied

I thought the picture was still Professor Paradox, but the current Sol image is a better representative of Acausality yeah.

@DontTalkDT @LazyHunter

You are very familiar with To Aru and Accelerator. Would you be willing to help out with writing a new text for the Vector Manipulation page?

How about something like:
Vector Manipulation is a subtype of applied Mathematics Manipulation. It is the power to manipulate the properties of objects described via vectors by modifying these vectors directly. A vector contains information about the magnitude and direction of things. As such the most usual applications of the power deal with the manipulation of the direction and velocity of the movement of various different things. Those could be physical objects or also energy like light, gravity, electricity or the spreading of heat. Not just the velocity, but also the amount of power those things have could be controlled using this ability. Many more applications are imaginable.

To that, one could add a possible uses section listing typical subpowers like Energy Manipulation, Telekinesis, Attack Reflection and subpowers of those.

Back