• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Improving contents of Powers & Abilities pages

I guess in such cases a lack of a picture may be best in that case, as they aren't exactly something that can be expressed visually beyond sheer statements via text.

A picture with an approximation of a representation of a certain power is better than nothing, and the layout looks better.

I mean, for a reason there's no image on Immortality anymore, it goes under a similar problem, not that it can't be fixed on this regard possibly, but just pointing out.

Yes, but we should not use it as a precedent for actually removing images.

Well, I'm fine for pictures staying if something that matches more than a picture of a character with the power can be used. The images should feature the power, not just a wielder, after all, and that's assuming that's plausible for those cases, unless just giving a picture of the character showing an statement that puts it clear is fine (Which seems to be the case as seen with the current one for Acausality).

Which seems to be the case as seen with the current one for Acausality
I mean, it’s not just a picture of Prof. Paradox, it’s a picture of Future!Prof Paradox looking back at Past!Prof Paradox and there being zero repercussions. I feel like that might be the best visual example you can get for that power.

Okay, what should be done then? I'm fine if we just go for an statement to feature TV Tropes style for those powers that are more of a sort of being, rather than a "direct" power.

I think Ant and I agreed that the quote format shouldn't be used for powers pages. I personally think it'd make the layout of the pages look better as long as the quotes are simple, however I do agree with Ant that it isn't necessary whatsoever.

As for Acausality I do think that the previous picture was a lot better, however I'm uncomfortable reverting that edit without asking @The_real_cal_howard comment here first.

I mean, it’s not just a picture of Prof. Paradox, it’s a picture of Future!Prof Paradox looking back at Past!Prof Paradox and there being zero repercussions. I feel like that might be the best visual example you can get for that power.
I would also prefer if the image is changed back to this version instead.

I’d disagree. Sol’s feat is the most popularly known feat of Acausality, as it actually shows that by all means, he should be dead. Professor Paradox’s, you’d have to have an understanding of well...paradoxes...to get what he’s doing.

How about this? A better example can surely be found, but I'll leave this here just in case.

Disable_V.png

Actually, I think the old gif actually looks fine if you extend it a bit. New version has higher res and no watermarks!

I also have an alternate option in case it's still not great, but I feel like the above gif has stuck around long enough that it'd be a shame to remove it.

I suppose so, although the page mostly seems fine.

Yes, the page is fine, but some confusion over the exact difference between each type has been happening recently from what I've heard, so having more explicit examples would be nice.

Well, I would think there are two improvements for a couple other ability pages that would be nice to do.

1. The Immortality page doesn't account for situations where you're CURSED to be immortal. You know, an actual "Immortality via Curse." A very prominent example of Immortality by Curse was a golem in Samurai Jack who was actually a Viking warrior cursed to be an immortal by Aku, then died as soon as the curse was lifted. This dude: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Lava_Monster
2. Purification. Hmm. I think I might've missed a thing or two in there. I already know of three or four types of purification (material purification, exorcism, curse removal, and removal of status effects), but I just can't think of what needs to be corrected or what needs to be added in there.

The former would just fall as type 8, maybe also 1 and others that could be suggested by the lore/feats depending on the case. An entire type over this doesn't seem necessary as it would just be more confusing than mentioning the applicable ones from the currently avaiable options.
As for the latter, take your time, we can't go somewhere on an issue without further details beyond "there may be something off".

Ah, there's the issue. I treated exorcism, curse removal, and spiritual cleansing as one of the same: removal of dark energy.

Yeah, those powers aren't something that can be generalized, let alone what dark energy is beyond darkness manipulation, they simply aren't necesarily related, so just cover those by directly explaining briefly the case on the respective page.

Yes. It would be good if somebody could find one.

I tried to insert the gif into the Teleportation page, but it doesn't seem to work, or at least I cannot see it in the page.

Last edited:
I can see it in the page though
It's strange because it used to work, it's the third gif I upload, they all work initially but stop after some time, and the third one was made by me with my usual gif maker)

This gif of the Medic healing the Scout to replace the image in Healing.
There are multiple instances of anime characters that heal someone using the classic green-lighted magic and that gives a better idea, but I couldn't find a scene where the wounds were shown to actually heal.
Edit: It seems that the wiki has some issues processing the gifs today, sometimes they work and sometimes not

MedicHealing.gif

Last edited:
You need to always have the embedded image links end in .gif or .jpg or .png or similar.

Just a second ago it was working, I swear.
Now I see it blank both here and on the wiki...
Edit: But on the Healing page it works, I don't really understand

Back