• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is the wiki dead? (SERIOUS DISCUSSION)

I've removed 3 Amogus pages, each worse than the last. The first one (which I hope is the one you are referring to) I removed because it was a generic godmode page which didn't belong on our Wiki (we have a direct link to Godmodes wiki on our home page for people that want to make these types of pages but clearly nobody reads that). The Second one I removed was a Little Timmy's first attempt at making a page, complete with poor formatting. Third one I removed was quite literally a single paragraph of text.

The only instances besides godmodes in which I will remove a page with proper formatting is when the page is a copy of a since revised VSBW page or when it's a serious page which belongs on either VSBW or FC/OCW.

I'd be more keen on reformatting over deleting if we had more active staff but it's been almost exclusively me working on the Wiki for the past 2 years and I do not have the time in my day to reformat hundreds of pages, especially when I already have so little time to dedicate to the Wiki as is, so I only reformat pages which I have a particular interest in.

i recall editing a keemstar page which was deleted shortly afterwards, despite not being a godmode. also a ricegum page i made. and a page for cuties

Let me check the deletion logs, I'll see if I can find what you're talking about

Keemstar page was deleted on a joint decision by SSG Julian, megamangohan, Jaften, and former Admin Derp Idol, which I had no involvement in.

Ricegum page I deleted because the second key was incredibly repetitive, but on a further look, I'll restore it and just fix it up a little bit.

Cuties is pretty self explanatory, but also the page itself was painfully boring.

Ricegum page I deleted because the second key was incredibly repetitive, but on a further look, I'll restore it and just fix it up a little bit.
The only instances besides godmodes in which I will remove a page with proper formatting is when the page is a copy of a since revised VSBW page or when it's a serious page which belongs on either VSBW or FC/OCW.

?????
Cuties is pretty self explanatory,
can we not make pages for like, edp or anything in that case
but also the page itself was painfully boring.
thats a painfully subjective reason to delete a page

?????

?????
Read the rules, it says not to repeat the same joke over and over again, like it's literally right there idk what to tell you, I assume you can read so I suggest you take a look.
can we not make pages for like, edp or anything in that case
You can make a page for EDP, but pages around controversial subjects/people can be removed if the Admins find them to be distasteful for any reason.
thats a painfully subjective reason to delete a page

?????
I did not delete the page because it was boring.

Read the rules, it says not to repeat the same joke over and over again, like it's literally right there idk what to tell you, I assume you can read so I suggest you take a look.
  • Refrain from excessive spamming when creating a profile, as it makes the page almost unreadable (Excessive meaning the entire profile is just spam. If you want to create an overpowered character, try to be creative about it instead of having your character have a power of "Infinity^Infinity^Infinity..." or saying that "This is 0.00000000000000000...1% of its power"). Such pages will be deleted.
  • Using repeating terms to justify an extremely powerful profile is strongly frowned upon, such as putting "infinity" or "endlessly" or other such words in the tiering. Profiles like this will strongly be considered for deletion unless they are of high enough quality. In short, this joke became old very long ago.
ricegum's profile doesn't fall under either of those in-context. he has "irrelevant" for all of his stats but it doesnt say "infinity^infinity^infinity" or anything like that to justify it
You can make a page for EDP, but pages around controversial subjects/people can be removed if the Admins find them to be distasteful for any reason.
it sounds a lot like i cant make a page for edp

• Refrain from excessive spamming when creating a profile, as it makes the page almost unreadable (Excessive meaning the entire profile is just spam. If you want to create an overpowered character, try to be creative about it instead of having your character have a power of "Infinity^Infinity^Infinity..." or saying that "This is 0.00000000000000000...1% of its power"). Such pages will be deleted.
  • Using repeating terms to justify an extremely powerful profile is strongly frowned upon, such as putting "infinity" or "endlessly" or other such words in the tiering. Profiles like this will strongly be considered for deletion unless they are of high enough quality. In short, this joke became old very long ago.
ricegum's profile doesn't fall under either of those in-context. he has "irrelevant" for all of his stats but it doesnt say "infinity^infinity^infinity" or anything like that to justify it
  • With that said, please don’t repeat the same joke for every stat, it's boring, repetitive, and worst of all unfunny.
it sounds a lot like i cant make a page for edp
I mean, you can, but I can't promise it wont get taken down.

Wiki is still dead but it has most certainly improved over the last two weeks

Back