• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jon Snow's profile knows nothing

Jon Snow's profile is missing some feats and abilities, so I edited it to add them. I haven't actually saved the edits yet, though. I need someone to accept the changes before I apply them, so I'll just put them here and wait for something to happen. Here's what I'm planning to add:

In terms of Jon's P&A, Superhuman Physical Characteristics gets replaced with Peak Human Physical Characteristics and moved to Jon's second key. Also, he's probably blessed to a certain extent considering that the Lord of Light decided to bring him back. As for speed, post-Season 4 Jon should be subsonic, as he dodged and blocked several arrows during the Battle of the Bastards. Speaking of the Battle of the Bastards, Jon's weakness of being a poor battlefield commander should be removed, as the conditions of his battle with Ramsay were unfair to begin with. Ramsay had twice the men, more time to prepare, a home field advantage, and a hostage. Jon had some untrained free folk, an extra 36 men from the Mormonts, and the would-be-hand of the guy who lost to Ramsay.
Also I'll give him cold resistance because he has lived at the Wall and beyond, plus a minor stamina upgrade.

Last edited:
This mostly seems uncontroversial to apply.

However, giving him the "Blessed" power seems like an exaggeration.

It has been stated that R'hllor only brings people back if they have a purpose. Also, if I recall, the White Walkers are enemies of R'hllor. Considering how huge Jon's impact on the Great War is, it would make sense for R'hllor to favor him.

Would it be preferred for Jon's keys to be pre/post resurrection? Jon's death probably serves as a better transition between keys than the end of season 4.

Okay. A "Possibly Blessed" power seems fine then.

That kind of key transition also seems fine.

Okay. I'll add it, then.

I think that, in general, a Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones needs some revisions. Most of the profiles are composites between the books and the HBO series, and a lot of powers and stats are missing on them (Bran's profile is particularly bad).

I don't think Game of Thrones has a book; at least not our idea of it having a book. We don't call A Song of Ice and Fire "Game of Thrones" as far as I'm aware.

Flashlight237 means that the TV series was renamed to "Game of Thrones" instead of "A Song of Ice and Fire", which was the original title.

Anyway, I am obviously fine with separate pages, or possibly keys, for the books and TV show.

i haven't read the books before, so someone who has read them needs to remove the tv-exclusive feats from the profiles (except for jon snow and the night king, whose profiles are entirely tv-exclusive). then, i'll try making separate profiles for the tv versions.

Should the Night King's magic be City level? During the Battle of Winterfell, he created a snowstorm so intense that it extinguished dragonfire instantly.

I do not know. What calculation would City level be based on?

I have no idea. I just saw that Saruman's profile says he's 7-B because he made a huge snowstorm.

I'm not sure if it's possible to calculate it, though, unless we have some way of knowing how intense a storm needs to be in order to extinguish dragonfire.

Okay. I have blocked my YouTube access though.

There can be plenty of reasons, i.e not wanting to get distracted from his work on the wiki.

Just ask other staff members about the Night King's storm, it's not a big deal.

I use a good app that blocks access to specific programs and Internet sites, and do not want to be distracted from my work here, yes. If my time is taken up by thoroughly immersing myself in all the horrors going on in the world, I will not get enough free time to even sleep properly.

Anyway, let's return to the main subject of discussion here.

Also, he's probably blessed to a certain extent considering that the Lord of Light decided to bring him back.
I am not sure about Blessed. Even if you mention it in the profile, it will be non-combat applicable, so it should also be mentioned along with it.

As for speed, post-Season 4 Jon should be subsonic, as he dodged and blocked several arrows during the Battle of the Bastards.
I don't agree with this. Blocking or dodging an arrow that is coming at you from a distance is easy because you can already see its trajectory. It, in no way, makes his speed comparable to the arrows.

Also I'll give him cold resistance because he has lived at the Wall and beyond
It's not like that's due to his resistance. Other humans are also capable of living in cold places as long as they have warm clothes and food. He would still have died if not for the supplies and resources he had to survive in the cold.

Rest everything looks fine.

Last edited:
AKM makes sense to me. Thank you for the evaluations.

I am not sure about Blessed. Even if you mention it in the profile, it will be non-combat applicable, so it should also be mentioned along with it.
yeah, i'll mention that
I don't agree with this. Blocking or dodging an arrow that is coming at you from a distance is easy because you can already see its trajectory. It, in no way, makes his speed comparable to the arrows.
for the arrows he dodged, there were quite a few of them that he didn't see coming. for the arrows he blocked, ramsay wasn't too far away, it took like five seconds of walking for jon to get up close and beat the shit out of him
It's not like that's due to his resistance. Other humans are also capable of living in cold places as long as they have warm clothes and food. He would still have died if not for the supplies and resources he had to survive in the cold.
first of all, he'd need food to survive either way. second of all, while he was beyond the wall, jon survived getting tackled into ice water by wights and staying there for like a minute straight. he didn't have any time to inhale before he got tackled, so he was probably running out of air pretty quickly. on top of that, he presumably had to use a fair bit of his energy to kill those wights (which he would have done with his bare hands). i don't think that's something average humans are capable of.

I am much more knowledgeable about the books than the series, so take my opinions with a pinch of salt. Which brings to me that I fully agree: Book and TV series profiles should be different or at least having different keys, they are very different. That being said...

I don't agree with being Blessed. R'hllor saw purpose in Jon and decided to revive him. That's far from being enough to grant Blessed, at least for me. That's just R'hllor ressurrecting people he sees as being useful or important.

I'm fine with Peak Human Charateristics. I mean, I can't comment on that since I haven't seen much of the show, or at least not paid enough attention. That being said, looking at Jon's profile, the Street level feat is wrong. Any normal human can do that to anyone else when armed, or at least a moderately strong one should be able to do so.

I'd need to see the specific scenes of him dodging and blocking arrows to comment further, but if it is in mid-battle and constantly repeated, he should be Subsonic. It's one thing to see an archer, pay attention to him and react to that single arrow. In battle, and under the circumstances described, it's impossible for a human to do so. But again, I'd appreciate to see further context.

Disagree with Cold Resistance. Normal humans can live in conditions that are comparable to those of the Wall, and they had supplies. And it's objectively wrong that normal humans can't survive being submerged in ice water for a minute straight and then still having energy to fight: Not only hypothermia takes a somewhat long time (In the context of minutes, I mean, being submerged in ice water would be very quick compared to other hypothermia-causing situations) to happen but other people have done so before.

The ironic thing is that I am almost sure that Starks have Cold Resistance, at least in the books. I wouldn't doubt some mentions of it in the series, too, but the Wall's feat is more a solid endurance feat and cold tolerance, but still not quite not-average-human-levels of tolerance that Resistance would warrant.

Back