• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kumoko (LN) - God Key addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
I had prepared this some time ago already, but it's time to update Kumoko's Light Novel profile to the latest state, by adding a key for her god version Shiraori. There was an attempt at updating the profile before, but that kinda failed because the quotes weren't there. So this is my version of it.
I will reference my quote gathering blog here for the references. So when I say "See x" I mean "x" in the blog.

Stats​

This will be quick. See "Stats" in the blog. She has the power of the continent destroying bomb. I have calced said bomb here to be Multi-Continent level, so that would be the AP of said blog. And she magically uses that power to amplify her other stats (although she still needs more practice with that... which will go into the weakness section). As she amplifies her stats with that much power she is naturally more powerful then the non-gods, such as Ariel who is accepted as Hypersonic+ in speed. So those are her stats.

Abilities​

Now we get to the big chunk. I will let the quotes in the blog talk for themselves. Of course, I will add detailed descriptions beyond just the abilities when I edit the page. So here is the list:
  • Darkness Manip: See Darkness Manipulation
  • Water Manip: See Water Creation
  • Statistics Amp: See Stats and Statistics Amplification
  • Power Null: See Anti-Magic Evil Eye
  • limited Telekinesis: See Repellent Evil Eye
  • Time Stop: See Inert Evil Eye
  • Space Manip: See Warped Evil Eyes
  • Matter Manip: See Rot Attribute (and Kumoko's current profile, which already has the power listed. Rot Attribute is accepted as such... yes, despite its name it's actually not related to rotting)
  • Clairvoyance: See Clairvoyance
  • Enhanced Senses: See Enhanced Senses
  • ESP: See Extrasensory Perception & Detection
  • Teleportation: See Teleportation
  • Pocket Dimension Manip: See Pocket Dimension Creation
  • Healing: See Healing Conjuring
  • Immortality: Type 8 Depending on her clones, possibly Type 1: See Immortality
  • Minor precog: See Minor Precognition
  • Clone Creation: See Clone Creation
  • Time Manip: See Time Manip
  • Transformation: See Transformation
  • Illusion Creation: See Illusion Creation
  • Forcefield Creation: See Scythe Related Updates
  • Possibly Teleportation Negation: See Possibly Teleportation Negation
  • Possibly minor Power Null resistance: See Minor Resistance to Power Null... maybe
  • Resistance Negation: See Negating Pain Immunity
Additionally, Shiro now wears armor made out of her spider thread, which is stated to be resistant to anything the System can do (See Spider Thread Armor). It's not really a resistance, but almost as good.

What do you think, everyone?

"Which means I have to come up with a way to deal with attacks that ignore defense. My teleportation attacks are relatively easy to avoid—you just have to cancel them out."

Could I get the wider context behind this? Because this could easily be a matter of skill; someone finds her teleportation attacks predictable enough to cancel them out with knowing where she might appear next. Something along those lines.

Matter Manip: See Rot Attribute (and Kumoko's current profile, which already has the power listed. Rot Attribute is accepted as such... yes, despite its name it's actually not related to rotting)
I've actually been meaning to ask you about this because I have been getting into the anime and have been looking to purchase the LN, but have been just going off what I can find on it. But the Rot Attack definitely doesn't look like Matter Manipulation, which obviously implies more tinkering with matter than what is actually done here. Instead, would it not be better to replace this with either Corrosion Inducement or Deconstruction?

The rest looks fine! Although I think the Time Manipulation looks to be exclusive to her Pocket Dimension.

Good job on the thread.

"Which means I have to come up with a way to deal with attacks that ignore defense. My teleportation attacks are relatively easy to avoid—you just have to cancel them out."

Could I get the wider context behind this? Because this could easily be a matter of skill; someone finds her teleportation attacks predictable enough to cancel them out with knowing where she might appear next. Something along those lines.
Don't think that is the case, although it's just a possibly to begin with. Here is more context:
I gotta do something to make sure nobody sneaks up and murders me in my sleep. Not that I foresee that being a problem anytime soon, with the puppet spiders around to guard me. But still, there’s no harm in being careful. I have to take precautions wherever I can. I’ll just keep trying until I figure out a way to do it. The only problem is, I can’t help but feel that simply raising my defense won’t be enough to help me in the future. For instance, high defense won’t help you much against my sneaky teleportation attack methods. And if I can do it, there must be others capable of similar things, as well. I can’t go around assuming that I’m the only one who’s special. Which means I have to come up with a way to deal with attacks that ignore defense. My teleportation attacks are relatively easy to avoid—you just have to cancel them out. Planning for anything beyond that would be difficult, mostly because I don’t know what else is out there in the first place. But it’s best to assume the worst in these situations.
It's basically about countering techniques that ignore defence.
I've actually been meaning to ask you about this because I have been getting into the anime and have been looking to purchase the LN, but have been just going off what I can find on it. But the Rot Attack definitely doesn't look like Matter Manipulation, which obviously implies more tinkering with matter than what is actually done here. Instead, would it not be better to replace this with either Corrosion Inducement or Deconstruction?
I suppose it could be listed as deconstruction these days, yes. The page is older than that ability so I always listed it as matter manip for breaking down matter to this point.
The rest looks fine! Although I think the Time Manipulation looks to be exclusive to her Pocket Dimension.
Yes.

It's basically about countering techniques that ignore defence.
I suppose a possibly isn't really a big deal, I'm not entirely sold on it but can see how one would interpret it that way.

I suppose it could be listed as deconstruction these days, yes. The page is older than that ability so I always listed it as matter manip for breaking down matter to this point.
Mhmm, I did notice the WN page was older than Deconstruction and that explains why it has only been listed as Matter Manipulation up until this point. But with the page existing now it would be best to change it to that.

Would you recommend that I read the WN? If so would you know a good translation of it?

Would you recommend that I read the WN? If so would you know a good translation of it?
While I personally prefer the WN it's hard to argue that the LN is probably better from an objective standpoint.
See here for sources on the WN, though. Turb0's translation is bad, but might be all you have for certain chapters. So try the other ones where possible.

What all of the other staff members here have accepted can probably be applied.

No, I didn't find the time to apply this yet. Too much going on right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back