• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Multipliers - Clarifications and regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't we just say that combo attacks should not be treated as multiplying/adding the power linearly or something like that on the multipliers page?

It should be specifically noted that combo attacks should not be assumed as a straight up addition of power unless specified to be as such, because there are many verses that explain that a combo attack combined the power of the attacks themselves and that should be fine for scaling, we shouldn't give people the wrong idea that all combination attacks aren't usable at all

So we just add something like the following at the end of the Multipliers page regulations section?
For combination attacks, similar standards to multipliers apply. It should not be assumed that a combination attack performed by multiple characters has Attack Potency equal to the sum of the participating characters Attack Potency unless there is specific evidence for it.

Somewhat relating to that topic, I'd like to ask about a different scenario.
If a character has an energy attack in the form of a star with x amounts of Joules, and they then create multiple of those energy stars and combine them, does the larger star's energy become [number of normal energy stars * x]? Or is the process different?

DontTalkDT:

That seems fine to me, yes. Thank you.

It also seems like DarkDragonMedeus and Damage3245 are fine with if you add the section as well.

Somewhat relating to that topic, I'd like to ask about a different scenario.
If a character has an energy attack in the form of a star with x amounts of Joules, and they then create multiple of those energy stars and combine them, does the larger star's energy become [number of normal energy stars * x]? Or is the process different?
No the attack would still just be assumed to be the characters normal attack potency, unless a multiplier is actually stated... which is kinda like for the standard we have for combination attacks now.

DontTalkDT:

That seems fine to me, yes. Thank you.

It also seems like DarkDragonMedeus and Damage3245 are fine with if you add the section as well.
I have made the edit. I guess this can be closed then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back