• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1005: "Devil Child" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

No Break Next Week

Links to the chapter: Viz, Mangaplus

Chapter Poll: Chapter Poll

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
I understand Sanji’s code and have respected it at times but jesus its such a detriment to his crew. While Zoro is just pulling ahead and battling two of the strongest characters in the series Sanji is getting saved by people generally seen as “weaker” than him.

If the SHs faced an All-Female Crew hed literally be completely and totally useless.

I like Sanji, all this isnt coming from hate but just frustration that he cant even defeand himself, he could at least dodge and block attacks.

Last edited:
While most of you are annoyed with Sanji, I'm personally more annoyed at the last spoiler that said Black Maria vs. Robin and Brook at the end of the chapter. Robin and Brook teaming up to fight Black Maria was the one thing I didn't want to see, and it definitely doesn't make sense after Oda made such a big deal about not underestimating Robin in the last chapter through Sanji. However, the Korean spoilers says it was just Black Maria vs. Robin, finished with a Brook composition at the end, and even the title of this week's chapter 'Devil Child' implies it's just going to be Robin vs. Black Maria. Hopefully it's confirmed in the actual chapter that it really is going to be 1v1.

While most of you are annoyed with Sanji, I'm personally more annoyed at the last spoiler that said Black Maria vs. Robin and Brook at the end of the chapter. Robin and Brook teaming up to fight Black Maria was the one thing I didn't want to see, and it definitely doesn't make sense after Oda made such a big deal about not underestimating Robin in the last chapter through Sanji. However, the Korean spoilers says it was just Black Maria vs. Robin, finished with a Brook composition at the end, and even the title of this week's chapter 'Devil Child' implies it's just going to be Robin vs. Black Maria. Hopefully it's confirmed in the actual chapter that it really is going to be 1v1.
Even if Brook does team up with Robin to fight Maria, I don't see how that's a bad thing. Neither of them have had a proper 1v1 fight since pre time-skip. Fish-Man Island not really counting since they all crushed their opponents with ease.

But yeah, Robin deserves a 1v1 since her last fight that was a proper fight was in Skypeia... more than half of the chapters ago.

I suspect Brook is just going to take out the fodder female Smile users before carrying Sanji away to let Robin handle Maria. The common belief here is that Sanji will stop Jack from killing the Scabbards. If Brook is getting a 1v1, the only possibility I see is if he gets Hawkins since every other notable fighter is preoccupied.
  • Funny thing I just thought of, but imagine if Sanji threw a kick at Hawkins, and Hawkin's Life-minus affected a female subordinate, and he tells Sanji "Look, you did this". Just imagine how shocked and disgusted Sanji would be.

@PsychoWarper - At least against Kalifa, we saw him make an effort to protect himself, and consider counter attack. Here we got none of that and he just sat there like "Guess I'll die ¯\(ツ)/¯"

Sanji's officially dropped to bottom tier characters for me (Below Wapol smh). Him calling Robin is FINE, but when you think about the reasoning--why didn't he do it sooner? In fact, if he's so "strong" like some of the wankers here suggest (he really isn't), why didn't he escape way earlier and inform someone else there is an opponent he can't fight--from anyone like Usopp to Franky to Robin? Like--tag out with one of them and fight Page/Sasaki, sheesh.

Last edited:
Honestly Sanji should have escaped sooner and gotten someone that can fight them. Sanji has honestly just been slowly falling down my list of favourite SHs cause hes literally hampering them at this point. Luffy might get them into shit but hes always up front ready to take on anyone, literally 2 Yonko, for them.

Honestly Sanji should have escaped sooner and gotten someone that can fight them. Sanji has honestly just been slowly falling down my list of favourite SHs cause hes literally hampering them at this point. Luffy might get them into shit but hes always up front ready to take on anyone, literally 2 Yonko, for them.
It really makes you wonder what would have happened if Sanji were in Zoro's place during the fight with Monet. He would have literally watched Tashigi die, then let himself be killed by Monet. lmfao.

Even if Brook does team up with Robin to fight Maria, I don't see how that's a bad thing. Neither of them have had a proper 1v1 fight since pre time-skip. Fish-Man Island not really counting since they all crushed their opponents with ease.

But yeah, Robin deserves a 1v1 since her last fight that was a proper fight was in Skypeia... more than half of the chapters ago.

I suspect Brook is just going to take out the fodder female Smile users before carrying Sanji away to let Robin handle Maria. The common belief here is that Sanji will stop Jack from killing the Scabbards. If Brook is getting a 1v1, the only possibility I see is if he gets Hawkins since every other notable fighter is preoccupied.
If Robin and Brook really do have to team up, as long as Robin is the one mainly fighting Maria and defeats her while Brook acts as support, then I'm cool with it. I'm just worried that it's going to be the other way around, which would only re-enforce a couple of notions I see quite often in this fanbase regarding Robin: Oda can't create a proper fight for her due to how her powers work, and she's weak. And like you said, she deserves her own 1v1, especially since this is going to be her first big fight in the New World. Brook also deserves his own big 1v1 to shine in. I really wish Oda had just left the Tobi Roppo to the Mid Trio, Nami, and Usopp while Sanji and Jinbe fought the All-Stars together with Marco, that way Brook could be fighting against Who's Who.

Probably, yes. Would somebody experienced be willing to handle it please?

We now have a solid rating for the scabbards, even while injured they're stronger than an individual tobbiroppo and it does seem like we're getting Sanji vs Jack.

1) Black Maria has shot up in quality for me. I enjoy the fact that her design and personality of a "bad girl" is reflected in the way she fights. Obviously the spider-fruit, but she also has brass knuckles, a scorching wheel (obvious demonic references), and her tattoo all scream her intentions as a human being.
  • While people want there to be a 1v1 between the ladies--Maria is actually a perfect opponent thematically for Brook and Robin each. Robin and Maria both have similar personalities with Robin being able to sprout multiple limbs just like Maria, and it would be the ultimate cat fight. Brook is a pervert (who isn't useless), and a creature in his own right (skeletons and spiders both being horror icons), so it fits very well for either Brook or Robin to be the one to fight Maria. Both teaming up to fight Maria is great since we get to see some more Straw-Hat teamwork and they're taking on one of the top-dogs in this war.
2) Jinbe vs Who's Who has had a sum total of 2 panels so far, yet there is evidence of them fighting for quite some time already. This somewhat annoys me considering we're missing out on KNIGHT OF THE SEA in action, but also Who's Who--who is implied (mostly through his own opinion) to be a threat to the Lead Performers and could potentially take their spot (obviously remains to be seen). So unfortunate that we're missing out on a lot of the action.

3) Apoo is literally still fighting. We see a panel with him using his Fighting Music while standing off against Drake. I guess Zoro and Drake were each incapable of one-tapping the guy. Apoo remains hype.

4) Wounded Sanji vs Wounded Jack seems to be a very high possibility at this point:
  • Jack is heading to the Scabbards--thus Hiyori as well (it would be unlikely to be someone else). Hiyori would be put in danger, Sanji will arrive to save her. Sanji taking on Jack with both wounded is at least far more practical than somehow defeating King lmao.
  • I would only take Jack's words of the near-death Scabbards being >> Tobi Roppo with a grain of salt since I doubt he is aware of their current condition (and that he has a grudge to settle, so he's making excuses to do it himself) @Eminiteable
5) King appears to be fighting Marco alone. It seems to be a quite difficult fight for Marco at least. I wonder what Queen is up to.

5.5) Since Yamato is on the move with Momonosuke, there could be potential Yamato will have to fight Queen since no one notable is going to be able to stop him other than her (all strong fighters are either matched up, about to be, or are incapacitated).

Last edited:
would only take Jack's words of the near-death Scabbards being >> Tobi Roppo with a grain of salt since I doubt he is aware of their current condition (and that he has a grudge to settle, so he's making excuses to do it himself) @Eminiteable
He should know they're at least "Bruised and bloodied but still breathing", maybe in their current states they can't actually defeat a tobbiroppo but I imagine Jack's statement would easily apply to them for when they're healthy.
1004-015.png

Of course, any of the Scabbards at 100% would be capable of taking out a Tobi Roppo--likely without much difficulty, considering they should all be relative if not stronger than Zoan form Jack. Nekomamushi and Inuarashi especially would wipe the floor with Black Maria assuming she's weaker than Drake and Who's Who.

According to this translation it does seem like Sanji was trying to defend himself with armament haki while Maria attacked him but by his own words it was too weak to protect him:
EvEbdevXAAUBw89

While I still don't like the Robin and Brook team-up against Black Maria, Oda has made it pretty clear that this is going to be more so between Robin and Black Maria. So in that case I'm fine with it.

Anyway, Robin entering the scene and bitchslapping Black Maria with a gigantic hand left me both hyped and laughing lol. This is probably the most badass Robin has ever looked! Hopefully after Oda made us Robin fans wait so long for this moment to come that he won't immediately off-screen it and show Robin and Black Maria fighting in the next chapter as well.

Sanji: Wait!!...I don't wanna hurt a lady
Sanji: So I can't protect myself with armament

"Sanji Is weak"

Sanji taking blows from a Tobi Roppo level character without using armament to defend himself because he's scared of hurting Black Maria.

But remember guys, Raid suit Sanji is weaker than P1. 🤡

So the monster Trio currently consists of Luffy, Zoro, and Jinbe.
Those in the middle are Chopper, Franky, Nico, and Brook.
The weakling Trio consists of Nami, Usopp, and Sanji.

This isn't even bad writing, Oda is just exercising Sanji's uselessness when a woman is involved.
I wanna see him look at Big Mom wail on his friends and say "she's a woman so nooooo".

When Big Mom kills all the girls on his team I wanna see what he's going to do.

Trash ass -_-

Bro he's really ******* Nami level now.

He lost to a Tobiroppo, not even a calamity -_-

The same Tobiroppo that Nami and Usopp are fighting + Ulti.

Zoro got a sword and is fighting Yonkos.
Luffy went to jail and is fighting Yonkos.
Nami lost her pet cloud and is fighting Tobiroppo.
Scabbards lost one of their members and was fighting a Yonko.

What has Sanji accomplished???

I don't get why you all are so annoyed about the fact that he won't hurt a woman, that's something we know since Ennies Lobby.
This Is part of his character.
And I don't see @KingTempest is saying he is Nami's level, lmao.
Sanji didn't use armament haki to defend himself because he could have hurt Black Maria...

Well, Oda is likely setting Sanji up to partially redeem himself against the calamities and by saving the scabbards, but his crew will likely yell at him after this is over, yes.

I don't get why you all are so annoyed about the fact that he won't hurt a woman, that's something we know since Ennies Lobby.
This Is part of his character.
I'm not annoyed that he won't hurt a woman.

I'm annoyed by the fact that since the timeskip, he's been garbage.

Didn't fight a notable Fishman on Fishman island.
Almost shatters his leg to a non fullbody Haki Vergo.
Got his ass whooped by Doflamingo even w/out Doflamingo seriously trying.
Couldn't even fight Daifuku w/out getting bodied.
Gets in Wano, gets an amp, and loses to a mid tier Wano fighter. Not even a calamity, Page One????? The same Page one that Gear Third one shot?
Looks pathetic against another Tobiroppo to the point where everybody across Wano can hear him whining and they're all thinking "what the **** is wrong with Sanji?"

Sanji sucks now.

Well, I think that Sanji needs some serious training from a master who slaps the stupid out of him. Luffy trained under Rayleigh and Zoro trained under Mihawk, whereas Sanji just ran away from a bunch of okama who wanted to molest him for 2 years. It may have messed him up even more in the head. Maybe Jinbe can help him out a bit at least.

He lost to a Tobiroppo

He used Armament on Page One w/ invisibility and rocket boosters plus flight and still lost
He didn't use haki against Page One and he never lost.
Black Maria is stronger than Pay pay and still Sanji didn't use haki to cover his body because he could have hurt her.
Sanji using haki durability > Black Maria's Attack potency > Page One's Attack potency.
I don't get why you are saying that he is pathethic, Sanji always has been like this, he doesn't have a good or cool reputation but always saves eveyone at the end and never gets credit for what he does.
He will at least beat Jack, lmao, if not Queen, if not both, but people around won't know that was him, but "Stealth Black".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back