• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Powerful green swordsmen fight (Yoda vs Zoro)

Yoda scales far above this so...

Yeah... not only is Yoda very skilled(a lot moreso than Zoro in this key anyway) but he just has everything he needs to thrash Zoro, FAR better ranged options, a laser sword that will rather easily pass through Zoro's swords, has a fighting style NOTHING like Zoro has experienced before, and 850+ years on Zoro in terms of pure training, discipline and fighting experience makes this... a bit hard for Zoro. Sure, a Hypersonic+ sword could **** Yoda up real good due to piercing damage, but is that realistic to pull when Yoda will **** him up with one force push? Sure he could keep fighting, but there's still the issue he can't catch up to Yoda quickly at all

not only is Yoda very skilled(a lot moreso than Zoro in this key anyway)
Stop...
850+ years on Zoro in terms of pure training, discipline and fighting experience makes this
True...
has a fighting style NOTHING like Zoro has experienced before
Hmm? Zoro never faced a Six Sword Style user yet instantly adapted to his fighting style
but is that realistic to pull when Yoda will **** him up with one force push?
Aren't they the same in lifting strength? Also why isn't Yoda's telekinesis Calc not accepted and added to his profile?

Stop...

Hmm? Zoro never faced a Six Sword Style user yet instantly adapted to his fighting style

Aren't they the same in lifting strength? Also why isn't Yoda's telekinesis Calc not accepted and added to his profile?
I mean it is true, zoro in this key doesn't have even the beginning of his insanity of skill which starts in Alabasta

And Yoda can overwhelm people who know exactly how he fights with a lightsaber in seconds

Force push is AP, not TK crush which is OOC for Yoda.

I mean it is true, zoro in this key doesn't have even the beginning of his insanity of skill which starts in Alabasta
Not true at all...

If you talking pre mihawk fight maybe... But after he became much much more skilled
I don't think Zoro is gonna hop around in a fight just like Yoda at all. Yoda chose Ataru because it fits his stature against far larger opponents.

And Yoda can overwhelm people who know exactly how he fights with a lightsaber in seconds
Here's some feats if beginning zoro
Luffy creating techniques on the spot by copying anything he has seen or can see that's especially effective against the opponent his fighting
Luffy easily winning against someone who is one of the smartest people in East blue and moves FTE to luffy even in his base form, countering ones attack by holding on to the weapon mid air while someone was attacking at the same time, countering a slash by stopping it from the side with good timing while in mid air, Making a plan to destroy someone weapon and perfectly hitting the same spot to break someone's armor. Can think of effective ways to get himself out of sticky situations and make good use of it by attacking back, redirect a cannon ball that explodes on contact (I think) and redirects it back at the opponent, able to use his surroundings to dodge or block

East blue luffy is Comparable to Zoro who can do this...
Able to block/dodge 6 blades coming from all directions while using foreign swords coming from behind him and being severely damaged while attacking back. Able to make techniques effectively that counters someone else's technique, while being near death gets hurt even more and is able to spin a certain way to not get hit and attack back at the same time while falling, able to perfectly accurate cut a very small bogger that explodes on contact and make it not explode on him

while yes, Yoda is quite skilled... But his power mostly comes from his intelligence and experience

I would say
Skill Zoro >= Yoda
Experience Zoro << Yoda

Last edited:
You realize Yoda is superior to folks who can do all of that, take the cake home, devour it, order seconds, and eat that cake too. It's not even intense skill feats at all, considering Yoda is basically canonically confirmed to be able to stomp Grievous, and Dooku with skill alone, and adding onto the fact he is superior to Obi-Wan who can walk on the front lines on the clones wars and never be touched with a blaster bolt ever, aside from that one time he literally purposely faked his own death and took a blaster bolt to do it

Also Zoro can't block Yoda's lightsaber at all, with the Fishman guy he could, in fact, what is the Fishman guy's skill feats other than "has fought Zoro"?

Not true at all...

If you talking pre mihawk fight maybe... But after he became much much more skilled

Here's some feats if beginning zoro
Luffy creating techniques on the spot by copying anything he has seen or can see that's especially effective against the opponent his fighting
Luffy easily winning against someone who is one of the smartest people in East blue and moves FTE to luffy even in his base form, countering ones attack by holding on to the weapon mid air while someone was attacking at the same time, countering a slash by stopping it from the side with good timing while in mid air, Making a plan to destroy someone weapon and perfectly hitting the same spot to break someone's armor. Can think of effective ways to get himself out of sticky situations and make good use of it by attacking back, redirect a cannon ball that explodes on contact (I think) and redirects it back at the opponent, able to use his surroundings to dodge or block

East blue luffy is Comparable to Zoro who can do this...
Able to block/dodge 6 blades coming from all directions while using foreign swords coming from behind him and being severely damaged while attacking back. Able to make techniques effectively that counters someone else's technique, while being near death gets hurt even more and is able to spin a certain way to not get hit and attack back at the same time while falling, able to perfectly accurate cut a very small bogger that explodes on contact and make it not explode on him

while yes, Yoda is quite skilled... But his power mostly comes from his intelligence and experience

I would say
Skill Zoro >= Yoda
Experience Zoro << Yoda
I would like to elaborate. Yoda is the best lightsaber duelist the order has ever produced up till revenge of the Sith. Even disarming Darth Sidious in a lightsaber duel which only has ever been done by Mace Windu up to that point with mastery over shatterpoint. Yet in the official star wars novelization. Mace Windu admits his skill with a lightsaber and force prowess is still subpar when compared to Yoda.

Also Zoro can't block Yoda's lightsaber at all, with the Fishman guy he could, in fact, what is the Fishman guy's skill feats other than "has fought Zoro"?
Being 2nd most skilled swordsman in Fishman Island
I would like to elaborate. Yoda is the best lightsaber duelist the order has ever produced up till revenge of the Sith. Even disarming Darth Sidious in a lightsaber duel which only has ever been done by Mace Windu up to that point with mastery over shatterpoint. Yet in the official star wars novelization. Mace Windu admits his skill with a lightsaber and force prowess is still subpar when compared to Yoda.
You realize Yoda is superior to folks who can do all of that, take the cake home, devour it, order seconds, and eat that cake too. It's not even intense skill feats at all, considering Yoda is basically canonically confirmed to be able to stomp Grievous, and Dooku with skill alone, and adding onto the fact he is superior to Obi-Wan who can walk on the front lines on the clones wars and never be touched with a blaster bolt ever, aside from that one time he literally purposely faked his own death and took a blaster bolt to do it
I know how skilled Yoda is... He's insanely skilled but compared to zoro, Zoro is more skilled in terms of swordmanship and a lil in terms of combat skill

Also you guys (especially Reaper) talking to much, with no backing of evidence or anything... Who is Yoda superior to that can do what zoro has done?

I'm not saying who wins... I'm just correcting/debating misinfo/downplay and giving information.

Being 2nd most skilled swordsman in Fishman Island

I know how skilled Yoda is... He's insanely skilled but compared to zoro, Zoro is more skilled in terms of swordmanship and a lil in terms of combat skill

Also you guys (especially Reaper) talking to much, with no backing of evidence or anything... Who is Yoda superior to that can do what zoro has done?

I'm not saying who wins... I'm just correcting/debating misinfo/downplay and giving information.
Oh so he's okay at best in swordsmanship. "The most skilled X" means Jack shit without knowing how skilled the rest of the people on the island are.

Hmmm, let's see! "Luffy creating techniques on the spot by copying anything he has seen or can see that's especially effective against the opponent his fighting" feat of power mimicry for luffy, prove Zoro can do the same thing. "Luffy easily winning against someone who is one of the smartest people in East blue and moves FTE to luffy even in his base form" okay cool it means speed advantages are moot, why does this matter again? Especially considering that dude didn't even know where he was attacking?
"countering ones attack by holding on to the weapon mid air while someone was attacking at the same time" this is ******* suicide to do against a lightsaber and Yoda in a demonstration had 4 seperate very skilled in their own right Jedi attack him with all their might and skill with a lightsaber, and then he proceeded to beat them all. No tricks, no BS, not even a lightsaber, just Yoda being a dodge god. "countering a slash by stopping it from the side with good timing while in mid air" Dooku did this to Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan does this to Grievous, etc, etc. "Making a plan to destroy someone weapon and perfectly hitting the same spot to break someone's armor." Obi-Wan was literally considered untouchable to blasters by the end of the clone wars. Where he fought Droid Armies while outnumbered constantly and getting shot at in multiple angles. Daily. Precision is also like, one of the main shticks of Form 2 of Lightsaber Combat(Dooku anyone?). "Can think of effective ways to get himself out of sticky situations and make good use of it by attacking back" the Jedi were literally generals during the clone wars. And Yoda himself kind of scales above Obi-Wan in tactics who... can do just that. "redirect a cannon ball that explodes on contact (I think) and redirects it back at the opponent" ain't that just Luffy's rubber physiology at work? "able to use his surroundings to dodge or block" This is literally basic bitch tactics to an extreme degree. "Able to block/dodge 6 blades coming from all directions while using foreign swords coming from behind him and being severely damaged while attacking back" Zoro could block. Yoda couldn't when he just soloed 4 different jedi masters without a lightsaber. Also Zoro has insane endurance, this is like the first fact to know about him. "Able to make techniques effectively that counters someone else's technique, while being near death gets hurt even more and is able to spin a certain way to not get hit and attack back at the same time while falling" and this is... just precision. Against a Jedi. Oh but the second part is fighting while falling? Well... Yoda's literal entire lightsaber combat style is fighting while making ridiculous jumps and not getting hit in the process. "able to perfectly accurate cut a very small bogger that explodes on contact and make it not explode on him" precision against a jedi again, and of course one that doesn't make logical sense in any way, so it can't be used.

All in all, most of your skill feats for Zoro have been done by some jedi or Yoda himself, and arguing precision against a jedi, which have to precisely block blaster bolts on a daily basis, sometimes constantly is... not exactly what you want to be arguing

Sorry that we aren't dripping with scans of a franchise that's been around for only 30+ years and is still being researched right now lmfao

Also still doesn't deal with Yoda just doing any attack with the force like twice and knocking Zoro the **** out. Also Yoda has precognition-

Like, I think your forgetting just using the force to do things as simple as a Force Push is 100% in-character for Yoda to do, and with Yoda already MASSIVELY upscaling from a calc over 5x Zoro's durability... I don't think I need to tell you why Zoro just getting into sword fighting distance is entire reliant on Yoda just... not using the force on him.

Sorry that we aren't dripping with scans of a franchise that's been around for only 30+ years and is still being researched right now lmfao

Also still doesn't deal with Yoda just doing any attack with the force like twice and knocking Zoro the **** out. Also Yoda has precognition-
Like, I think your forgetting just using the force to do things as simple as a Force Push is 100% in-character for Yoda to do, and with Yoda already MASSIVELY upscaling from a calc over 5x Zoro's durability... I don't think I need to tell you why Zoro just getting into sword fighting distance is entire reliant on Yoda just... not using the force on him.
I think your fate brain is on. aren't listening at all...

Read

I know your not saying who wins, I'm just here solidifying my point, and if I need to painstakingly go through every skill feat your brought up to do so, I will lol
You literally said I forgot about his ap and shit
giphy.gif

and if I need to painstakingly go through every skill feat your brought up to do so, I will lol
you over did it... Luffy's skill feats isn't shown to give the skills to zoro... It's to show that luffy can do all of that and in a fight between fighting styles and skill both couldn't one up each other proving they are relative in skill...

you over did it... Luffy's skill feats isn't shown to give the skills to zoro... It's to show that luffy can do all of that and in a fight between fighting styles and skill both couldn't one up each other proving they are relative in skill...
which is why I had to go through all of Luffy's shit too-

Back