• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Redo of the Healer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So given we deleted MGQ, I thought I would follow it up by making this thread.

So theres a verse on the wiki known as Redo of the Healer, or Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi

For those unfamiliar with the series, its a manga / light novel that centers around Sexual Violence and Rape. In fact this is the main thing that gets focused on in the plot. The main character is raped multiple times, and then starts taking his revenge out on others by inflicting rape in return. The sex and rape scenes are the main focus of the story as thats how the protagonist enacts his "revenge". These are pretty frequent and the emphasis is put on these scenes. In fact its one of the series' prominent selling points.

If we're deleting MGQ for the same thing (It's focus on sex and explicit material), we might as well get rid of Redo as well, if we're really trying to avoid getting gutted by FANDOM.

I mean, are there like nude scenes and shit?

Mgq was very explicitly ****, and was filled with to the core. It was made for jacking off.

This one seems more like an edgy story about revenge and shit.

Mgq was very explicitly ****, and was filled with to the core. It was made for jacking off.

It has full blown rape and sex scenes in explicit detail.

yea is an edgy revenge story with the main plot and theme being revenge

Yeah, there's explicit on-screen rape, at least in the anime. Pretty sure some of the scenes are actually worse in the manga, though you shouldn't quote me on that.

This would have to be banned under a completely different precedent and set of ideas than MGQ, as Redo isn't ****. MGQ's deletion and Redo's potential deletion are not related in any but the most vague ways.

I had heard about Keyaru in the Princess Flaire scene using the metal rod in the manga, which is why I said it.

This would have to be banned under a completely different precedent and set of ideas than MGQ, as Redo isn't ****. MGQ's deletion and Redo's potential deletion are not related in any but the most vague ways.
This. As shitty as Kaifuku is, it's not **** lol.

We can't just be deleting verses because of explicit scenes. What's next, Mogeko Castle goes because of the rape scenes? Berserk goes because of several explicit scenes?

MGQ got deleted because of our already existing standards, nothing else.

This. As shitty as Kaifuku is, it's not **** lol.

We can't just be deleting verses because of explicit scenes. What's next, Mogeko Castle goes because of the rape scenes? Berserk goes because of several explicit scenes?

MGQ got deleted because of our already existing standards, nothing else.
It's explicit focus on said sex scenes. It's one of it's main selling points.

Berserk has an actual story outside of the rape scenes, and those are few and far between, and dare I say not nearly as explicit as Kaifuku.

Unfortunately, they are right. We can’t start axeing verses because of explicit content, unless you want Tumbleweed Battles Wiki. Redo, however terrible it is, actually has a story prior to him becoming this... thing.

Just my thoughts on it though, we should be careful not to start removing verses just because of understandably uncomfortable and dark themes.

Do you have proof that sex is its sole focus?
It sets a dangerous precedent to ban verses solely because they contain explicit scenes.

Unless there is clear evidence that Redo is primarily appealing to **** - and I mean, clear evidence, not just subjective conjecture based on it's awful content - then we can't delete it.

I doubt that evidence exists.

Do you have proof that sex is its sole focus?
It sets a dangerous precedent to ban verses solely because they contain explicit scenes.
the main focus of the verse is the MC getting his revenge and making all who wrong him suffer in the most horrible way and as of now his objective is to destroy the empire/kingdom who wronged him

edgy and stupid? yea

Except no, the focus is on the ******** MC's revenge on the people that abused him. Some of that revenge is sexual, some isn't.

The show airs on national television and is on multiple channels at that. It's not ****.

Does it matter? We're here to discuss whether or not it's ****, not whether or not it's morally correct.

I'm sure we can all agree on its quality, but wiki-wise it should be fine to stay. It doesn't have the over sexualizing of MGQ, where even the attacks themselves are sexual in nature (something like "Sweet ********" was an attack in MGQ iirc XD). Redo does not have that, afaik.
The only sexual thing is the fact that all bodily fluids (blood, saliva, sperm) of a hero boosts the stats of non-heroes, so since sperm is faster the MC was raped and there were sexual scenes in the show. But nowhere near actual eroges like MGQ.

So while it's a s h i t show (in all meanings of the word), it should be fine to stay.

Edit : Oh damn, didn't see any warning on the OP, only noticed now that it's in Staff Disc. Feel free to delete this comment if you wish to.

I completely disagree with the removal. I am opponent of the verse because I was completely revolted by its terrible writting, but I can say with 100% certanity that isn't ****. The focus of the story is on the sociopath MC trying to get revenge on the people who did bad stuff to him in the past (like raping him, torturing him, humiliating him in public), so he goes back in time to before that happens and returns them the bad stuff they would have done to him. Does the series have rape? Yes. Should we delete it for that? No, otherwise, we might as well delete Berserk and Game of Thrones, since Berserk has stuff even more ****** than anything Keyaru ever does. We don't base our standards on whatever or not the content is morally objectable, we wouldn't have lolis on site otherwise, but on the proportion of the sexual content: That's what deleted MGQ, the fact it is literally labeled as a **** game. Kaifuku is NOT labelled as a hentai series, it directly airs on national TV on multiple channels, something that isn't done for hentai, so no, this is just a shitty show with ****** up stuff, not ****.

Ion seems to make sense to me, but I am not a very good person to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back