• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Redo of the Healer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, it seems I clicked this thread just as Ant pinged me.

From what I can tell, this isn't ****, no. It has excessive use of vulgar themes, granted, and it seems to be the most detested verse in existence so clearly some discussion can be had regarding its deletion, but it doesn't look to be actual straight-up ******-attack-in-an-RPG rape-glorifying ****.

If the verse is truly thought to be such filth that so many people are opposed, look into deleting it. In my experience it probably has something going on there. I'm not one of those people, for now.

TL;DR Neutral from me for now chief, though I know nothing on it.

This video kinda outlines what Redo of Healer is for anyone unsure if its **** or not.

Quite frankly, while this clearly does try to be as edgy and as violent as possible, it does have an actual story and the end goal itself isn't ****. Granted, this story tries to be as sexually explicit as possible, what with the MC being a sex slave, then doing rape and torture as a way of revenge and that kinda is the story as a whole.

I'm neutral as well.

While I don't care if the verse stays or not, I gotta disagree with the arguments for the removal. Nearly everyone has already given the reasons I was about to say so no point repeating.

Irrelevant, but upon realizing what your pfp is, it’s pretty horrifying.
Evil-Jerma.png

Last edited:
I am basically with everyone else here. I despise this series with a passion, however I also don't agree with the reasons for deleting it. Redo can unfortunately stay on the site.

I mean, from what i've been told, regular users can comment on threads like these as long as they're on topic and not disruptive.

Might as well drop a comment, although I'm neutral.
  1. We shouldn't use the deletion of MGQ being deleted due to its contents specifically as a standard whether or not Redo of Healer has contents that makes it deletable. But if we do, I've read that concerns about morality and the reputation of the wiki as selling points people used to get MGQ deleted, and I can at least assure you that Redo of Healer ticks of those boxes as well. Ultimately, if the decision will be based on whether or not it is classified as ****, then it isn't really officially qualified as such. Also, regarding its comparison with Berserk: Berserk has more horrific imagery and gore, but its sexual violence is not as vivid, as frequent, or as focused on as Redo of Healer's. Most of all, Berserk portrays its sexual violence as sexual violence, something disgusting (at least for me), while Redo's has at least underlying gratification when Keyaru sexually abuses his victims (at the very least the fans of the show enjoy them).
  2. Regarding its bad contents, on the top of my head, rotates around: explicit drugging/mind breaking, explicit rape (both seemingly done on a minor by both male and female adults, as well as all sorts of torture involving objects, and gangrape), and coercion/emotional manipulation into sex (still rape, but in a different way). It does have a story, a world that at least it tries to expand upon, but a good chunk of it is also spent on the revenge story is filled with sexual violence (which is mostly how Keyaru enacts his vengeance in the first place) and simply sex as Keyaru amasses his little harem of manipulated women. But whether this is acceptable in the wiki's standards, I'm not really sure.
In short, Redo of Healer can't be removed on the basis that it's officially classified as ****. The anime airs on TV, but it's only the heavily censored broadcast version (there are still the stream-exclusive version and the completely uncensored version, which already tells you about its contents). If Redo of Healer is gonna be removed, it's gonna be on the grounds of its contents being acceptable in the wiki or not, as it is one of those stories that have significant focus on sexual violence.

Sees topic in Staff Discussion with Regular Users
This thread shouldn't even be part of Staff Discussions, while odd, the verse is not controversial, important, or relevant enough to warrant it.

And I don't believe that regular members, like Shiva herself, have the right to make Staff Discussions without proven authorization from staff.

From what I've heard of this series, it sounds pretty bad. But I personally don't see any reasons to axe the verse.

Also, MGQ's case was different, as several people have already pointed out, so it isn't really relevant.

I wanna give my opinion about this. I posted a message about this but I realized that it was staff discussion, so I deleted it and apologized to AKM sama.

I disagree with the removal, FRA. Redo isn't mostly about rape or stuff, it's a revenge story, and like the others it's different from MGQ which is an eroge VN.

No offense but it's like saying that we have to delete SAO just because it has certain rape scenes. Rape may be featured frequently in Redo, but it is very different compared to MGQ like what several people have pointed out.

Please delete this message if you have a problem with it.

I think there is enough consensus for the verse to stay. I guess we can close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back