• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Ped is being a nuisance. The conversation otherwise isn't fully restrained but he is intentionally egging it on. Should be warned, as he's been lightly warned before but never added to the tracker.
Light warning seems fine for now.
I’m not gonna lie, based off the proof this is clearly cheating/exploiting. If this is their first calc / contribution and it’s something meant to falsify statistics through what could normally be overlooked I say permaban, this is extremely deceptive, beyond what’s normally seen, imo.
Calculation Manipulation is indeed a serious offense if that is what's going on. I mostly skimmed and currently tied up with notification swarm to read up full context. Though based on Dalesean and Clover's reaction. It seems a permaban is indeed agreed.

I agree that this is an instance of at least untruthfulness, but I'm curious if this is an exploit in the game or outright hacking: the latter would constitute a far more severe level of untruthfulness, in my view, and would indeed support an instant, permanent ban. Otherwise, I think the punishment should be lighter as a very strong first warning: perhaps a ban spanning several months, instead.

My biggest concern too is that Chariot asked how he managed this, and he's remained unresponsive. Obviously, we can give him time, but that's pretty damning to me at a first glance. And I'd like to know what exactly he did to enable this to begin with.

I agree that this is an instance of at least untruthfulness, but I'm curious if this is an exploit in the game or outright hacking: the latter would constitute a far more severe level of untruthfulness, in my view, and would indeed support an instant, permanent ban. Otherwise, I think the punishment should be lighter as a very strong first warning: perhaps a ban spanning several months, instead.
Now red dead Redemption does have in game cheat codes but those require you to open up a dedicated cheat code menu in the game and type in a specifc phrase exactly as is to activate but none of those cheat codes is like Immortality or anything that should give him any boost outside of the way the games normal mechanics already works so even if he strengthed his cores similarly to how it'd be if he drank a tonic his cores should be golden still. I mean he also isn't even opening that menu up on screen either to activate cheats

And here's all the cheat codes so you can see as well

My biggest concern too is that Chariot asked how he managed this, and he's remained unresponsive. Obviously, we can give him time, but that's pretty damning to me at a first glance. And I'd like to know what exactly he did to enable this to begin with.
Yeah, but then new users probably aren't as glued to the screen as we are. Unless he meant that the guy is active elsewhere and just ignoring Chariot, which I'd consider fairly damning, too.

Now red dead Redemption does have in game cheat codes but those require you to open up a dedicated cheat code menu in the game and type in a specifc phrase exactly as is to activate but none of those cheat codes is like Immortality or anything that should give him any boost outside of the way the games normal mechanics already works so even if he strengthed his cores similarly to how it'd be if he drank a tonic his cores should be golden still. I mean he also isn't even opening that menu up on screen either to activate cheats

And here's all the cheat codes so you can see as well

So you're suggesting it is most likely an instance of hacking? If so, I fully agree with a permanent ban.

Yeah, but then new users probably aren't as glued to the screen as we are. Unless he meant that the guy is active elsewhere and just ignoring Chariot, which I'd consider fairly damning, too.
It's possible, but it's also been a full day since he was asked, so I'm a little concerned is all.
So you're suggesting it is most likely an instance of hacking? If so, I fully agree with a permanent ban.
I believe so, yeah, since it seems like not even RDR2's built-in cheat codes and the like allow for this

I am fine with what Bambu and Medeus decide to do here. 🙏

Unless he meant that the guy is active elsewhere and just ignoring Chariot, which I'd consider fairly damning, too.
I believe the user was active, and simply unresponsive

(On mobile rn, so that’s why the ss look like this)

Chariot made his message wall post at 1:03 on April 22nd

The last edit on the blog was made at 1:41 on April 22nd

Problem is that it isen't really "Vanadalism" of profiles, but rather a inexperinced user that dosen't seem to understand the rules required for editing.
Technically that's still the thread to report it in, treating it as unintentional vandalism. Anyway, case resolved. Thanks for your diligent work as always, Antvasima, and thank you Dark_Soul for your work.

Back