• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You have to show that he can. Is there any evidence in form of statements/feats? Even if he can use that energy, what are the mechanics? Does he output all the energy that he has absorbed in a single blow? Or is it a continuous thing over a period of time? Because you can gain the AP only in the former case.

If he's actively absorbing the energy extracted per second via powers or abilities; that can still be High 6-A levels of energy displacement. Which can still qualify as AP given we already took watts into account. The pool of energy was originally calculated at was in the Tier 5 range, but it was agreed to only use watts.

Although, I don't know full details about how the ability works, but at the very least; it's solid evidence of having Multi-Continent level durability against heat based attacks.

You have to show that he can. Is there any evidence in form of statements/feats? Even if he can use that energy, what are the mechanics? Does he output all the energy that he has absorbed in a single blow? Or is it a continuous thing? Because you can gain the AP only in the former case.
The former has already been established as something rather common in this neck of the woods and even in this specific context. I don't see why you only get higher AP from exploding yourself like Majin Vegeta did. Why would that be the case if you absorbed said amount of energy to empower yourself? What's the logic here? If I have taken in said X amount of energy, and use energy to deal Y damage, then why wouldn't X have some correlation to Y?

The former has already been established as something rather common in this neck of the woods and even in this specific context. I don't see why you only get higher AP from exploding yourself like Majin Vegeta did. Why would that be the case if you absorbed said amount of energy to empower yourself? What's the logic here? If I have taken in said X amount of energy, and use energy to deal Y damage, then why wouldn't X have some correlation to Y?
Because if you use up all of the energy you absorb as a physical attack you would exhaust all of that energy in a single attack and then lose access to it

And no, there are no qualitative examples of Godzillaverse monsters having a solid numerical boost from absorbing energy

Because if you use up all of the energy you absorb as a physical attack you would exhaust all of that energy in a single attack and then lose access to it
So in your line of thinking it's all or nothing? What sense does that make? If I absorbed said large amount of energy, when previously I was considered a lower tier, even a fraction of what I took in would magnify my output tremendously. The Showa guys right now are like small country, even using 1% of that energy Ghidorah absorbed into an attack would be a tremendous amp.

Also......there are. I listed a good number of them. Or are we forgetting that a few nuclear warheads jumped an at most High 6-A Godzilla to beating 5-B people into the dirt? Or Final Wars jumping from 6-B at full power to High 6-A with the amp?

Yes, they have... Like, getting a boost after absorbing any type of energy is one of the most normal things in the franchise.
That's not what hes asking though, hes asking for examples of an example of a numerical amount of energy absorbed that coilated with a proportional boost in physical power

So in your line of thinking it's all or nothing? What sense does that make? If I absorbed said large amount of energy, when previously I was considered a lower tier, even a fraction of what I took in would magnify my output tremendously. The Showa guys right now are like small country, even using 1% of that energy Ghidorah absorbed into an attack would be a tremendous amp.

Also......there are. I listed a good number of them. Or are we forgetting that a few nuclear warheads jumped an at most High 6-A Godzilla to beating 5-B people into the dirt? Or Final Wars jumping from 6-B at full power to High 6-A with the amp?
Yes, that is how the wiki as a whole treats energy absorption feats and how energy works irl

If he's actively absorbing the energy extracted per second via powers or abilities; that can still be High 6-A levels of energy displacement. Which can still qualify as AP given we already took watts into account. The pool of energy was originally calculated at was in the Tier 5 range, but it was agreed to only use watts.

Although, I don't know full details about how the ability works, but at the very least; it's solid evidence of having Multi-Continent level durability against heat based attacks.
You're pretty knowledge buddy.

This is exactly the problem though, a few 7-B energy sources wouldnt logically amp a High 6-A to 5-B. Godzilla as a whole is consistently all over the place with the correlation between energy absorption and physical amplification

Yes, that is how the wiki as a whole treats energy absorption feats and how energy works irl
Well if the wiki has an illogical standard then I can't change that.

The bolded part however.....I've never seen such claimed before in my life. Not in Chemistry, Physics, Biology, mathematics up to Calculus, nada. I'd really like your source on this.

If you contain X energy, you can't output X energy without completely running out of power. That much should be obvious. I disagree with this upgrade.

This is exactly the problem though, a few 7-B energy sources wouldnt logically amp a High 6-A to 5-B. Godzilla as a whole is consistently all over the place with the correlation between energy absorption and physical amplification
While I do understand that, it would then be a case by case deal rather than an all or nothing, at least if we were to be logical about it.

That's a pretty bad example. If you already didn't start from zero and added X, why does using X get you to zero?
I'm using a battery as an example, but the example stands, you're just nitpicking- the point is, unless they immediately run out of that power, they're clearly not using a huge percentage of it with every attack.
It'd be valid if he was drained after doing anything. I get what they're saying, but it doesn't really make sense in context.
If he was, I would agree that in that state, before draining himself, he would be High 6-A.

If you have a battery and you use the total amount of energy contained in said battery all at once the battery will immediately run out of energy to produce, it cannot continue producing the maximum output of energy for an extended period of time

I'm using a battery as an example, but the example stands, you're just nitpicking- the point is, unless they immediately run out of that power, they're clearly not using a huge percentage of it with every attack.

If he was, I would agree that in that state, before draining himself, he would be High 6-A.
Say that's true. My battery's at 8% power. I then give it the rest until it's full. My battery has a lot more energy to use and contain than it did before. 1% of High 6-A is still above Low 6-B. 1% is a very small percentage at that.

Say that's true. My battery's at 8% power. I then give it the rest until it's full. My battery has a lot more energy to use and contain than it did before. 1% of High 6-A is still above Low 6-B. 1% is a very small percentage at that.
1% is a small percentage but it's still an arbitrary one, and I don't think that should be used.

If you have a battery and you use the total amount of energy contained in said battery all at once the battery will immediately run out of energy to produce, it cannot continue producing the maximum output of energy for an extended period of time
This assumes the battery was at zero prior, which is not the case here, and that fractional percentages don't exist, which is also not true. Half, a third, even a tenth of this would still be an upgrade. Even 1% per attack.

It doesn't qualify as AP. Our AP page makes it clear that AP is the energy output of a single attack. Absorption doesn't grant any tier.

This assumes the battery was at zero prior, which is not the case here, and that fractional percentages don't exist, which is also not true. Half, a third, even a tenth of this would still be an upgrade. Even 1% per attack.
No that assumes that the battery was at 100 prior

Where are you getting these percents from?

I got really worried thinking it was the calc you got me to approve

Jokes aside, this kinda removes the point of the whole debacle, and High 6-A is probably fine now. Kieran's version, of course.

Im rather confused how you equated 'destroying civilization' with surface wiping a planet
That might be true, actually.
On a meteorite, the space super monster King Ghidorah came to Earth. It’s such a terrifying thing that it destroyed the civilization of Venus in a blink of an eye.

Okay the fact this's the basis for your time frame already discredits this calc, sure it means it was fast but they're not being literal here
Check the comments, the edited and accepted version gets rid of that

Back