• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strife of the Reborn (RP Thread)

@Overlord775

Relaxing against the wall with closed eyes, the green bean flicks a tiny ball of energy into Sophia's ass faster than she can react, burning her behind.

@Paul_Frank @The_Divine_Phoenix

Lailah(?) looks surprised, but not all too concerned with Kusanagi's threat.

"Wait, you're still conscious?" she says out loud, banging on her head.

"How interesting... I'll play along because I like you, though I should add that losing this body would only be detrimental to one of us."

She apports a chair out of thin air and sits down, quite contentedly.

"Lailah and..... Kusanagi was it? This one's memories are slowly proving themselves to be quite informative."

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"Give it another chance to respond, if it doesn't, then maybe you can transfer it as a time out, and they'll be more cooperative afterwards."

@Edwellken

"Ahem, getting comfy are we? Who are you, and what do you mean by 100% compatibility?" The other Lailah in the room asks

@Paul_Frank and @Edwellken

Kusanagi laughs slightly.

"Trust me, there is absolutely no way any form of you survives that blade. It does not matter how strong you are, how
vast you are, and it does not matter if you are a god. My blade can sever you just the same. Facing it means the absolute end, no matter who you are."

She stated, this wasn't a boast, it was merely her speaking the facts of the matter.

"I suggest you answer us, or else you'll be put in time out."

She replied, speaking as if she was scolding a child.

@Lookout

"Nothing in particular I suppose. My old world was a dead world, so just being here with people is interesting enough."

"Hahahaha!" Lailah(?) wipes away a tear.

"Your friend has quite the personality. She reminds me of some old... friends. But she'll just have to wait her turn like a good little girl, won't she." The figure waves her hand dismissively, ignoring Kusanagi's threat though seeming mildly irritated.

"By compatibility I mean we're alike. Your body was a good fit for the possession, and you're used to handling curses. It's no replacement for my real body by any measure, but it can stand up to more of my power without breaking than the uninitiated would." she looked poised to continue if not interrupted.

Kusanagi casually swings her sword, the slash going to the right of the possessed body.

This slash leaves behind an enormous reality distortion of severed time, space, and causality itself that lingers for a bit, while Kusanagi stares the possessed body dead in the eyes.

"Convinced now?"

She asked.

Should I put her in a sword or something?

@The_Divine_Phoenix

She seems to be talking, so maybe just wait a bit longer until the explanation finishes

@Edwellken

The other Lailah allows the new person to continue talking for now, since she seemed at least somewhat cooperative for now

The figure was taking Kusanagi seriously now. Though she remained seated, she glared up at the swordswoman, releasing an intense aura that briefly darkened the entire area, but released it when it didn't seem to have the intended effect.

Her smile returned, and though it was undeniably a false one, her true mood seemed completely undiscernible.

"Your turn."

@Edwellken

The woman stared back, as darkness flared from around her, flames being released, although not to harm so much as just to show off.

This would muddle the perception of the girl, as well as force fear on her as long as she did not resist such a thing. Her perception would be altered to witness an inconceivable monster standing in front of her.

"I want you to tell us why you're here, what you hope to achieve and why. I saw some of your past, something akin to a living curse. But why?"

@Paul_Frank

Well, she's stopped talking for the moment. I suppose I'll wait on if she answers. She certainly has guts. Let me know if you need me to do something.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

Very well, it would be nice to have her cooperate, but she can be placed elsewhere until she does if she doesn't start talking soon.

@Edwellken

"I am allowing you to stay within that body because I find the current situation interesting, and you don't seen harmful currently. There's no reason not to be cooperative, when I'm being nice enough to allow you to use one of my own bodies and I'm not pushing you to the back."

@The_Divine_Phoenix

She didn't budge.

"That's easy. I'm going to make this world- no, this universe mine. The current state of things makes for the perfect climate for this. All of the widespread chaos, fear, corruption... it's all so very appetizing you see. I'm going to feast on the negativity that all of you are producing until I grow powerful enough to summon my true self here. You're all useful to me you see. I might even be able to return the favor too, if I feel so inclined."

@Paul_Frank

She seems to consider your words before putting on a quizzical expression.

"I do find this body to be quite agreeable, yes. But I find it strange that you're worried about my own cooperation when I've yet to raise a hand against either of you. If anything, I feel quite threatened myself." she says facetiously.

Last edited:
@Edwellken

"You must realize that you're invading on someone else's territory. This place belongs to Lailah. And this world, well that remains to be seen as of yet. As it stands, your presence here at all is a threat."

Kusanagi explained.

"If you intend to live here, you'll have to listen to everything your host says, otherwise..."

Kusanagi stated, manifesting an empty sword and teleporting next to the girl, beginning to transfer her essence and consciousness into the blade.

"You'll be stuck living as a sword."

"I find Lailah likeable so I don't mind... ahem, supporting her while I'm here. In fact I'd like nothing more. But you're wrong about one thing."

She finally stands up, dissipating the chair below her as she turns and distances herself from the pair assuming they don't intervene.

"This place, this very planet and everything on it. It ALL belonged to me the moment I arrived. You think I need Lailah, don't you? Well you're mistaken. There's not a single individual in the world that can stop me at my worst. And the strongest of you are too busy fighting amongst each other to pose much of a threat."

She turns back towards them, her original smug demeanor returned.

"Don't misunderstand. I think I've been fairly gracious so far. I've answered your questions. Forgiven your brashness. Now I'm giving you the chance to join the winning side. You could each be a part of something so much greater."

[Finally a boss?]
72C8C8C5F8F49D61493ACE61230E2B52A3788DB8

[Who knows, seems more likely that she won't end up being so right now]

@Edwellken

They did, in fact, intervene, as the being's consciousness was placed inside of a cursed sword that Kusanagi was holding.

"As I said. You'll either obey your host completely, and forget any such goals, or will be stuck as a sword. You can still talk telepathically like this though."

She said, upon completing the process.

Wonder if she'll listen now.

The sword is silent for a long time, until...

"Tch! You two are so annoying! Don't you understand I'm sparing you?! Fine! I'm willing to make a deal!"

@Paul_Frank

"What do you think? She does seem interesting, I suppose. I wonder if she'll end up being a threat though."

She asked, looking at the real Lailah, who was now free from influence.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"I say no harm no foul, we might as well make a deal with her, she hasn't been outwardly hostile or anything yet. Plus, she might be useful to have around."

@Edwellken

"Glad to hear you've come around by the way. You mentioned sparing us, and making a deal, so I'd like to hear what you're offering, and maybe I'll add a few terms of my own and we can work something out."

"Hmph! I will... overlook your transgressions, and I will adjust my plans for world subjugation to exclude your territory. I'll even share some of my own knowledge of otherworldly curses. All I ask in return is uncontested access to one of your bodies. You seem to have several to spare."

"I would have no reason to harm my benefactor. I would like to keep as many of you around as possible, and even if you aren't much of a threat to me at present, there are powers beyond this reality that even I would rather avoid facing directly with my original body. Having allies from an unknown world like this would benefit me."

@Edwellken

"So in return for all that, all you're asking for is one of my bodies without my mind in it?"

@The_Divine_Phoenix

What do you think, any terms we should add onto this to make it safer for us? Getting more information from her would also probably be nice, she seems to know stuff.

@Paul_Frank

Keep the mind inside the body, just suppressed somewhat. That way, if she turns on us, you can take back control. Information too of course.

@Edwellken

"You say all that, but from where I'm standing, we're the ones in the position of power here. And I do not speak solely of harm, but also opposing her in any way."

Kusanagi explains.

"And furthermore, what exactly are you trying to build up to? What are your goals for this world and all others? What powers do you have or will have?"

@Paul_Frank

"Indeed. A suitable vessel such as yourself would accelerate my plans greatly."

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"Grrrr. Don't underestimate me because I've decided to go along with your tomfoolery. It's simply easier to negotiate with a vessel than with none. If you want answers, isn't it better for you to cooperate?"

"I'm not foolish away to throw away my bargaining chips for nothing. I can find other bodies, make my way up slower and out of sight, but you won't have another chance of learning what I know."

"You could answer, or you could perish at this exact moment. You need to understand, we cannot let you, an invader that has outright stated intent to go directly against our intentions, roam without supervision. We need a failsafe for in case you attempt to oppose us. Just giving you the perfect body would be stupid."

"I suppose it sounds like a good enough deal, although, it would be best if I could ensure you won't go back on the deal and attack us or something, is that fine with you?"

"A simple use of one of my abilities on the body, to cause its death should the terms of this agreement be broken."

Back