• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strife of the Reborn (RP Thread)

@Beach

"Come on now, this is a waste of time to argue about it, we're here to have fun anyway."

Kusanagi said, as she floated by lying down on the water.

@Yobo_Blue

"I suppose a sword would do, then, as those are what I am best at forging. And so I will. By the way, is something unusual happening in that world we visited before?"

She asked.

@Paul_Frank

Would I be permitted to grant the one known as Ikkath the blood that grants On? He has been cooperative so far, and asked me for what I could offer.

A Kusanagi asked telepathically.

@Labyrinth

Kusanagi observes Lailah do so, looking at her intently. She seems to have a slight smile, as Lailah has still forgotten to change shapes, meaning she has likely grown more comfortable being around Kusanagi like that.
“I don’t think there is anything weird, no. Can I ask what kind of swords you can make?”

The duplicates are currently building various houses, utilizing a combination of all of their powers. They see Ikkath and wave "Welcome." Various of them say.

The Brusels on the moon beach are having fun, now running on water and practicing the fusion dance while doing so....

...The result ends up in a skinny Brusel with methamoran clothes.

@beach

"Fair enough Kusanagi."

@The_Divine_Phoenix

I mean, it would have to be my blood that grants it to him, and it's sort of weird to just go up to someone and ask what they can give you wouldn't you agree? In any case, I'd prefer not to just grant my powers to everyone if they aren't directly allied with me, and all things considered, I'm not sure if Mr. Ikkath would stay allied with me. Unless he has something good he's offering you in return.

@labyrinth

"I-is there anything else you'd like from me?"

@beach

A giant wave forms behind everyone, Kusanagi making it happen, wishing to see how they would react to it. This includes herself as well, and she seems to ride the wave despite lacking any kind of board.

@Paul_Frank and @Yobo_Blue

Upon receiving Lailah's reply, Kusanagi briefly rummaged for something, a vial, and then realized it was empty.

Fair enough. I actually had thought of saving some of the blood you gave me for later examination, as I was curious what in its structure did that, though I got distracted from that, but it seems the Counter Force does not enjoy such things remaining in existence. I will ask him what he can offer in return.

"Well, for the blood, I could not have given it to you at all it seems. I had collected a vial for study and stored it away in a pocket dimension, but it seems the forces of this world elected to make it cease to exist. I would have to speak to Lailah even if I had it anyway, as it is still her blood. In any case, she does not want me giving you such things unless you ally with her or have something significant to offer of your own."

Kusanagi explained.

"As for swords? What exactly do you mean by what kind? All kinds, really. I can also make them do a wide variety of things."

@Labyrinth

"Well. I think I saw some of your memories while looking for that beach stuff. My apologies for that, my senses are rather broad, so I had no ability to avoid it. I thought you might want me to recount some things myself in exchange."

She noted.

"And I'm glad to see you staying in this form, too."

@The_Divine_Phoenix
”Well, as for the swords abilities, surprise me. I trust your judgement. As for Lailah, that’s unfortunate. I have wanted to talk to her some time though, so maybe I will at some point. I hope she doesn’t dislike me.”

@beach

A giant wave forms behind everyone, Kusanagi making it happen, wishing to see how they would react to it. This includes herself as well, and she seems to ride the wave despite lacking any kind of board.
The now fused Brusel sees the wave and tries firing something at it, only to get blown backwards by his own attack. Quickly defusing as he hits the deep part of the moon ocean.

“Huh. What agent?”
"The God of this world sent a telepathic message, the order was to take a girl to the beach, although I was lazy but I was curious so I sent a Ghost rider in his human form to see what happened, when he return home, he said that he met a group of people when he arrived and they took the girl to the beach." Drake explains

@Beach

Lailah seems to smile as she's submerged in the wave, seemingly enjoying herself

@labyrinth

Lailah spins around at this, not caring about her previous embarrassment

"You what?! I... fine, if it was an accident then I guess you can just recall your own past too."

"And I'm only in this form still because umm, I was too busy to switch back of course, I should do that soon."

She seems to pause for a second

"W-what did you see in my memories though?" She panickedly asks

@The_Divine_Phoenix

Sophia would respond to this by manipulateting the water to slide across and up the wave up to the point where Kusanagi is.

The priestesse pouts greatly, very angry at her for some reason.

Last edited:
@beach

"There wasn't any wind over here, so I thought I should make a wave, this is apparently part of being at the beach."

She explained, still riding the wave and standing directly on water.

@Labyrinth

"I'd like you to stay in it actually."

She commented.

"As for what I saw... I saw you stabbed in the back by those you worked with for your nature, sealed because you could not be killed. Only to then escape and live in fear as someone hunted. I saw the forging of your first curses, born of sheer hatred as an alternative method of magic. I am sorry. Sorry that I could not be there to cut a path for you with my own hands."

She said, looking at Lailah as she spoke.

"As for my own, well, we would have to make a journey into my mind if you wished to see it. I do not mind, and I am capable of achieving such of course, but I wish to make sure before I make such a thing happen."

@Yobo_Blue

"I do not believe she has formed an opinion of you as of yet. And very well, I shall get to forging then."

She forged together many blades, and the result was a simple looking katana, yet undeniably refined beyond any Ikkath had seen elsewhere besides Kusanagi's own hands. The Katana had the ability to project a shield from itself, as well as the ability to seek weak points of the enemy innately, it was capable of releasing massive waves of electricity and acted as a conduit for Ikkath's own, finally, the sword would restore the user's energy reserves while wielded.

"There wasn't any wind over here, so I thought I should make a wave, this is apparently part of being at the beach."

She explained, still riding the wave and standing directly on water.
The two defused Brusels stand up. "Could've warned me..." They say both at the same time, holding their hurting head.

"Oh shit, waevs! Thanks for reminding me, I'll start making some."

Kiara dives into the water and begins to use a light application of her tremor-tremor fruit to start creating small waves.

@beach

"Waves huh, those are nice."

@labyrinth

"If that's what you want."

Lailah pauses a bit to think of what to say next

"I see. I guess you know that things for me back in my original world aren't the best, moreso than me just telling you about it then. Anyway, don't be sorry, I'm not worth the pity, certainly wasn't to anyone there." She says with an obvious forced, pained laugh

"If you had any questions about that stuff, or other events in my life... I trust you enough to answer them."

"Anyway, I'd like to take that journey then, if you don't mind."

@Beach

"Well, did you want something in particular then?"

Kusanagi asked the priest girl as she was still atop the wave, sitting down on it now.

@Labyrinth

"I will ensure that such a thing never repeats then. You are one worth protecting."

She stated confidently.

"Very well, if you wish to see, I will show you."

Kusanagi approached Lailah and took her hand, before forming a telepathic connection between the two.

They would soon depart into her mind, with the first thing they saw was a younger Kusanagi, wearing a suit, rather than armor, sitting atop a throne in a decorated castle. In front of her, several people who looked like mages were talking about something and she appeared shocked. They were recounting their findings, that a star will disrupt this world and that the world has 5 years of habitability left. The mages look panicked, while Kusanagi's emotions are difficult to get a read on, but she seems worried, more expressively than the one Lailah knows.

@labyrinth

Lailah stays quiet, not knowing if she can even talk in here, although its not like she'd have had much to say either way

Hard to believe this is the same girl I know now. She thinks

Meanwhile in the ocean barrier, the Lailah that had poked around with portals to dungeons before decides to cross one, entering the structure and starting to make her way through.

The Lailah in the barrier that sat in the former city of Cholula keeps firing off random curses in her barrier, contributing to the large amount of them flying within the barrier, and around the world in general.

@labyrinth

Soon after this, the image shifts. This time, it's Kusanagi in a smaller room with a large amount of mages and scientists, frantically looking through papers and potential solution plans, plans to survive this somehow. And then, a man runs into the room, informing her that someone leaked the information, or someone found it out from another country, and that the capital city is in chaos, along with all other cities. Kusanagi looks genuinely shocked, but she doesn't stop, and orders people around to make any preparations they can.

The image then shifts to even later, at which point a guard runs in to tell Kusanagi that the palace has been breached by people looking to exploit it before they die, and that the people who were supposed to work on preservation plans were captured and killed. Kusanagi enters a private room and dons her signature armor and blade. She seems sad, angry, all sorts of emotions at the same time. It seems she believed that if calm had remained, they might have found a way, but her country was in flames now, it was too late.

Then, it shifted again. This time, to a castle in flames. Many people charged Kusanagi and her guards, they seemed to be trying to tackle her, some trying to capture, some trying to kill, armed with weapons, releasing magic. Of particular note, Kusanagi didn't seem to be attacking directly, only retaliating, trying to get them to back down, but they refused. Mobs rushed her, but somehow, all were cut down.

@labyrinth

Lailah is saddened by this. Of course she had already heard of this somewhat from Kusanagi, but watching it is another story, seeing all that her companion once had, fall apart that quickly. Although she did admire the proficiency Kusanagi had shown with a blade even back then.

But the whole event perplexed her still. She wondered why people would just resort to panic and violence rather than trying to see if things could be salvaged at all first. And then she thought back to her own experiences, realizing that humans sometimes do certain things based on emotion that can't be entirely rationalized.

If they didn't start killing the people who were trying to find ways to save them, I wonder if she could have found a way for them to survive it. Even if not, they could have at least went out peacefully and she wouldn't have ended up so empty...

@Beach

"Oh well looks like I have to go everyone! Duty calls!" Layla waves to the beachgoers sarcastically while returning to her normal clothes (with some adjustment to be a little less revealing).

@Hl3_or_bust

"Let us depart."

@Edwellken

The two warp through space, appearing on a small, or relatively in any case, piece of rock out past the former planet Pluto. Seemingly to further secure whatever Llwn intends on communicating, he only appears to use telepathic communications.

"So, based on some,,, previous statements made during our last interaction, as well as my own observations, you occupy one of the bodies of one Lailah, correct?"

The general tone, as much as there really is one with thoughts, is obviously unpleasant and dislikes this whole situation.

"Wanna see something cool on top of that?" A third Brusel asks, floating in the air. Then, at impressive speeds with his hair glowing white, starts running in circles, in synchrony with the two other Brusels, making a tornado... which starts picking up the water, making it a tornado of water.

The two warp through space, appearing on a small, or relatively in any case, piece of rock out past the former planet Pluto. Seemingly to further secure whatever Llwn intends on communicating, he only appears to use telepathic communications.

"So, based on some,,, previous statements made during our last interaction, as well as my own observations, you occupy one of the bodies of one Lailah, correct?"

The general tone, as much as there really is one with thoughts, is obviously unpleasant and dislikes this whole situation.
Layla responds telepathically in kind.

"That is indeed true, though by now my own essence has warped its vessel into something much closer to my previous body. Oh, but the two of us came to an amicable agreement in regards to this, don't worry."

"Wanna see something cool on top of that?" A third Brusel asks, floating in the air. Then, at impressive speeds with his hair glowing white, starts running in circles, in synchrony with the two other Brusels, making a tornado... which starts picking up the water, making it a tornado of water.
"oh, **** YES!"

Kiara lets the wind take her up, now riding the tornado. "WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

@Beach

"I wouldn't say that I do either, I am just following convention, however I believe this is it, spending time with others."

Kusanagi says, before the tornado spawns and she lets herself be carried up.

@Labyrinth

The image shifts yet again, now no longer in combat, Kusanagi stands all alone in the ruins of her palace, a burning pile of blades and corpses, covered in blood. Even if she could once have saved them, everything she had was gone, she no longer held any authority, and not just her country, but the world itself was breaking down despite any attempts made to save people. Perhaps they knew that even if people could be saved, it would only be some, and tore one another apart for this notion, or perhaps they just didn't believe it to be possible. Whatever the reason, at this moment, Kusanagi came to her resolution, that she would try to prevent as much suffering as possible to the people, so that their remaining time may be peaceful.

From then, many images were seen. Of Kusanagi cutting down those who exploited others for their own personal benefit, of her being attacked on sight by many groups, only to end in the same kind of flaming ruin as was seen before. Of her putting the near dead and suffering out of their misery. Of the very people she tried to protect shrieking in fear and rejecting her aid eventually. With each image, her expression seemed to become more frozen. She did not seem to resent them, merely accept that that is how it is now, as the world fell into ruin.

Images of many battles were shown, with gangs, raiders and bandits facing off against her many times, each ending with a blazing field of corpses and blades.

Then, a final image. A frozen world, no longer capable of sustaining life as its surface was covered in ice as far as one could see. And Kusanagi, standing there, alone. All the bodies had long since disappeared, all hope too, was gone. Through time and blood, she had gained enough power to sustain herself indefinitely, but no one else remained.

After that, Lailah felt herself gain form in Kusanagi's mind, and the two stood face to face in that frozen field.

"So, this is what lead me to here."

Back