• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not really possible.

• Final part of Geld vs "Survivor" Shogo
    • possibly with flashback of Kirara's last moments
  • Razen rescues Shogo
  • Razen takes over Shogo's body and talks with Folgen
That's it. There is just no possiblity of the above bit taking more than two chapters by itself, unless both chapters are less than 20 pages long.

NeoSuperior said:
That's not really possible.
  • Final part of Geld vs "Survivor" Shogo
    • possibly with flashback of Kirara's last moments
  • Razen rescues Shogo
  • Razen takes over Shogo's body and talks with Folgen
That's it. There is just no possiblity of the above bit taking more than two chapters by itself, unless both chapters are less than 20 pages long.
Agree with this. Geld vs Shogo 2 even with flashback could be done in only 6 to 8 at most pages if you wanna get detailed. If it's everything you listed, a good 16 pages will do it. Best would be a double release with what you listed expanded a bit to 20 pages to include them heading back to the king followed by the chapter of Rimuru changing to his new outfit, flying towards the army, and looking at them as nothing but trash and meat to use as fuel for his evolution. Chapter ends with him powering up Megiddo and launching.

The chapter after that would be the carnage chapter and maybe the summon depending on how everything is paced.

I agree with most you are saying, but I don't get what you mean by "new outfit". Rimuru still got a his usual coat against the Farmus army (see LN vol. 5 color spread 1). In the LN Rimuru gets his INITIAL black coat (see LN vol. 5 cover and color spread 2) off-screen at some point, probably constructed by Raphael on the spot. Later Rimuru gets a new coat made by Shuna and possibly Garm (not sure about that bit), which is what we know as "Rimuru's Demon Lord outfit".

Though the manga has been much more diverse in terms of clothes, so who knows what we'll get to see on that front.

NeoSuperior said:
I agree with most you are saying, but I don't get what you mean by "new outfit". Rimuru still got a his usual coat against the Farmus army (see LN vol. 5 color spread 1). In the LN Rimuru gets his INITIAL black coat (see LN vol. 5 cover and color spread 2) off-screen at some point, probably constructed by Raphael on the spot. Later Rimuru gets a new coat made by Shuna and possibly Garm (not sure about that bit), which is what we know as "Rimuru's Demon Lord outfit".
Though the manga has been much more diverse in terms of clothes, so who knows what we'll get to see on that front.
Hmmm...Odd. I could've sworn it mentioned in the LN that he changes clothes at one point. But yeah, ideally that's how things pan out. On a side-note, chatted with Anejlek about the +'s and -'s of switching to a weekly format for the series. Yay or nay?

Definitly yes. The issue is that Slime is entering it's "endless meetings" phase soon. I mean think about it. The manga taking a year or so to get through LN vol. 8 with a montly release would possibly kill the franchise off.

NeoSuperior said:
Definitly yes. The issue is that Slime is entering it's "endless meetings" phase soon. I mean think about it. The manga taking a year or so to get through LN vol. 8 with a montly release would possibly kill the franchise off.
Yikes. Hadn't thought about that. I mean, they can trim stuff down, but your point still stands that we're hitting the point of lots of meetings and world politics stuff.

there's a good example for that; attack on titans .

Code:
despite the fact being a monthly series , contains lots of politics stuf , theyre still doing a okay aint they ?

@Sheska444 did AoT ever have a consecutive year's worth of monthly releases where almost nothing ever happens like LN vol, 8? Though to be fair Kawakami did manage to add the whole bit about Youmu experiencing the monster town bit when the manga was still adaptating LN vol. 3, escpacially with adding a scene from later on perfectly to create the memorable scene of "I have great expectations for you Youmu" with the added extra of the ribbon that Milim added to Rimuru earlier actually manifesting on Rimuru's hair in his human form.

It's stuff like that that gives me some hope about this. Well, I also wouldn't mind some extra Diablo scenes later. Let's see how Kawakami tackles best soul-con next year.

By this point, I wanted to punch myself for coming up with the idea. And trying it out right after thinking it up? Come on, man! What happened to some kind of, you know, preliminary safety check? The terror was starting to affect my train of thought. How long would I keep accelerating? How much water did I spit out, anyway? As that thought occurred to me, I felt my body crash headlong into something and bounce off it. I braced myself for a wave of paralyzing pain. Which never came. Huh? Shouldn't that have, like, damaged me? Or did it damage me, and I just didn't feel it or whatever? Received. You have acquired Cancel Pain, which interrupts the creation of pain. Your Resist Melee Attack has reduced the amount of damage taken. The amount of damage your body has incurred is ten percent. The intrinsic slime skill Self-Regenerationn has taken effect. Would you like to support it with your Predator unique skill? Yes No"

Characters who have Resist Melee attack should have resistance to physical attacks listed on their p&a section or it can be Damage Reduction but I don't know if it fits in the description

Damage reduction might also require to resist stuffs that isnt physical too but Yujiro Hanma (a strong guy in a verse without stuffs like magic) has it which makes me believe that Rimuru should have it. Thoughts?

It's the Ruby text. It's ALWAYS the Ruby text (or the Kanji below in this case, but the point still stands).

Yen Press TL:
Then, as if responding to its master's command, the unique skill Great Sage—which never demonstrated having a sense of self before—requested its own evolution.

The RAW:
ÒüØÒüùÒüªµø┤Òü½Òâ╝
µªéÕ┐ÁþƒÑµÇº´╝êÒâªÒâïÒâ╝Òé»Òé╣Òé¡Òâ½)ÒüºÒüéÒéèÒÇüÞ笵êæÒééÒü¬ÒüìÒü»ÒüÜÒü«『ÕñºÞ│óÞÇà´╝êÒé¿ÒéñÒâüÒéóÒâ½ÒâóÒâÄ)』Òü»Þç¬ÒéëÒü«ÕëÁÚÇáõ©╗´╝êÒâ×Òé╣Òé┐Òâ╝)Òü«ÚíÿÒüäÒü½Õ»¥Õ┐£ÒüÖÒéïþé║Òü½ÒÇüÚÇ▓ÕîûÒéÆÚíÿÒüäµ▒éÒéüÒéïÒÇé

Adjusted Yen Press TL including both Kanji and Furigana (the latter in brackets):
Then, as if responding to its creator's (master's) command, the Conceptual Intelligence (Unique Skill) Great Sage (One who is Wise)—which never demonstrated having a sense of self before—requested its own evolution.

Considering how magicules are "countered" by holy field, doesn't that make magicules themselves unholy? Consider that all monsters are made of magicules to a certain extent.

From the Wiki page of Unholy Manipulation

Possible Uses

• Empowerment: Users obtains inhuman levels of strength, speed, stamina, and even increase ones mental and spiritual capabilities by being empowered by evil entities. Few users can even become a vessel for a greater evil.
Since Rimuru became a Demon Lord, all of Rimuru's subordinate should have this. For the monsters getting unholy manipulation, not sure about that

I was thinking more about one of the other "Possible Uses"

• Energy/Elemental Manipulation: Generate, shape and control the innate energies, elements and matter innate from the depts of hell, such hellfire, faust water, cursed earth and corrupted light, as there's no element that can't be considered unholy. Due to their esoteric nature, these forces may be capable to directly affect the soul of the target, ignoring conventional durability and protections.
Magicules themselves are like that. In high concentration they auto-generate monsters and they are toxic to people normally.

By the way, Kyoya is missing Regenerationn Negation up to Low-Mid for his feat of blocking Full Potion effects with his spatial element strike.

GLHF22 said:
S2 Will be 11 month from now and each month they Will release PV
Whoa for reals? Confirmed then? I know about the PV stuff, but has the new season's release been confirmed then?

The ten-sura.com homepage releases "something" every month for a total of 12 times, the first having been late October 2019. Hence the last release will be late September 2020, right before the Fall season begins. Hence it's the only logical airdate if its to air in 2020, is Fall 2020.

Earlier doesn't make sense since the monthly teasers would cut into the actual anime release, while later would mean that there is a pause between the teasers and the actual release which would seem like a dumb decision.

Yes it was established in Volume 5

"A 'soul corridor'?" Veldora asked. "So all my memories and experiences are gathered in your mind, regardless of where we are in time and space. As long as you do not cease to exist, I am immortal. If I am subjected to Unlimited Imprisonment, you can simply resummon me to spring me out. I was once nearly invincible, but now I see I've been granted eternal life as well."
Wow. Really? Like, that totally seems like cheating. Although it assumes I'll manage to keep myself alive going forward. Still, crazy. I could create these situations, like— Ha-ha! You thought you could take me? Well, check out this storm dragon I just happened to have bumping around in my pocket! Heh-heh-heh. I almost felt bad for my rivals. Talk about the ultimate ace in the hole. With that soul-corridor connection, changes began to occur within Veldora. With his heart linked up to my soul, he had lost all his vulnerabilities. In a single moment, both his astral and spiritual bodies were regenerated, giving him new life in his original, complete form.
~ Light Novel Volume 5​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back