• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather than we have to proof each Unique skill work on US is more like they have to prove they are work on them, since its explicitly said "lower" so anything lower than the chosen one should be rendered useless against US.

Chosen one is already close to being a US yet it doesn't work on Rimuru, yet it's still stated US resist "most" lower skills, meaning some work.

Logically if something on the level of chosen one doesn't work, nothing should yet that's not the case since it's only said most don't work, and we have seen skills lower than chosen one work ie mathematician.

Assuming automatically that a bunch of skills won't work, is speculation/assumption territory, i don't deny that obviously US should have resistance to a bunch of things, the issue is we have no clue which ones, hence imo we should go by the ones they have been shown to resist.

This is the same issue as the characters resistances Post Harvest Festival, Fuse doesn't seem to like explaining which things exactly the characters resist, hence we have to assume stuff, at least then we could scale them to Rimuru Pre-Harvest Festival, here there is nothing to go off, it's really a pain.

I with CP's on Ultimate Skills. It is tough that the Light Novel's statements are not as straightforward as the Web Novel's.

But its weird if a skill Weaker than chosen one is work on them, logically they shouldnt work unless its stated to be stronger than the chosen one, heck are we assumming that any weaker skill work on US?

If the Chosen one, a Unique skill which is almost equal to Ultimate Skill not working then there is no reason for Ultimate skill to not Resist anything lower than that, as Guy said, one must employ Ultimate skill/something equal to that to affect em so if we assumming that a skill lower than chosen one able to affect then it will contradict the statement itself as "lower skill" doesnt work on Ultimate Skill.

I forgot which skills when on Rimuru's when he had his Ultimate Skills worked, from Hinata's?

It says most lower skills don't work, it's not absolute, mathematician worked and it's not almost equal to an ultimate skill like chosen one is.

Assuming absolutes is the issue, cause it's not treated as such. I am more convinced of what i said previously with this volume cause the statement here explicitly says most don't work, instead of all don't work.

We have 2 instances here of US not being absolute; an explicit statement that means some lower skills work, in addition to a lower skill working ie matematician, vs a single statement about lower skills not working, which if anything is just elaborated upon in this volume.

I guess this is that. Maybe the LN raws or future LB have more explicit statements but this is for another time.

Atm i can just see them having possibly ratings for their resistances to lower skills, cause yea they do resist most lower skills, but we have no clue which ones.

For example Possibly resistance to reality warping, subjective reality etc.

No, who the *** said Mathemathician work on Rimuru? It doesn't, it even fail to analyzer Rimuru's attack and she can keep up with Rimuru with her swordmanship not skill, If Mathemathician work, Rimuru Will be outskilled by Hinata.

No, who the hell said Mathemathician work on Rimuru? It doesn't, it even fail to analyzer Rimuru's attack and she can keep up with Rimuru with her swordmanship not skill, If Mathemathician work, Rimuru Will be outskilled by Hinata yet even Hinata have a hard time to keep up with him. And yeah despite it could create the simulation but it was useless after all since the simulation she created was wrong.

We've been over this several times now, it's just a repeat of what was said before. Hinata could predict Rimuru's attacks, Rimuru wasbarely able to keep up with Hinata which is why he was forced to get future attack prediction.

Last time there was a bunch of imo mental gymnastics to justify it, but literally this volume it's stated that most lower skills don't work, meaning some in fact do and we did see this with what happen with Hinata vs Rimuru.

Okay give me the scan Hinata predict it with mathemathician and its proven the simulation was correct, Otherwise she just keep up with Rimuru with her skill, if you can give me the scan and there is no Anti-feats for that i Will stop doing this.

Here Hinata activates prediction simulation:

Under this state, Hinata feels as though the world has become stationary. Yet it is still not enough. Hinata activates ÒÇî Prediction Simulation ÒÇì of ÒÇî Mathematician ÒÇì to predict the path of Rimuru's attack. Hinata has to strike without holding anything back.
~ Volume 7, Chapter 5​
Here Rimuru says Hinata is predicting his attacks:

Her eyes are fixated on me almost as if they are a sensor working to perceive every subtle movement of the surrounding. She must have been attacking based on such perception. While maintaining her natural stance, the center of gravity in her body is not shifting outside of her base, making her capable of reacting to every offense of her opponent. She isn't applying any force on her movement and is always in a relaxed state without the need to show any preparational act while she launches a variety of attacks. I have no idea how Hinata is predicting my attacks, perhaps my pattern has been completely seen through by her. Regardless, I can only desperately evade Hinata's attack by maneuvering around, purely relying on my body functions. It becomes quite clear that my movements are less agile due to that reason. I will definitely face defeat if I continue to be tricked by her in this way. My body functions are supposed to be stronger than hers, yet the strange thing is that my attack pattern has completely been seen through by her.
~ Volume 7, Chapter 5​
As i said above i am open to adding possibly ratings for their resistances cause they do indeed resist most lower skills, what i am against is just straight up saying they resist all lower skills and adding those as resistances without a possibly.

"Under this state, Hinata feels as though the world has become stationary. Yet it is still not enough. Hinata activates ÒÇîPrediction SimulationÒÇì of ÒÇîMathematicianÒÇì to predict the path of Rimuru's attack. Hinata has to strike without holding anything back.

However, her opponent Rimuru still seems to be holding back. Hinata wiped her bleeding nose so that her opponent didn't notice before adjusting her disordered breathing.

Holding like this for too long alone would already mark Hinata's defeat.

Even though she has reached the level of ÒÇîSaintÒÇì, Hinata is still bounded by the limits of a human body. She has to overcome a higher wall in order to become a semi-astral life form. Her trusted ÒÇîUsurperÒÇì is rendered useless due to the ÒÇîInterferenceÒÇì.

It has absolute advantage over the strong——But now, it is no longer useful.

Then, she will have to defeat Rimuru with only the skills she has trained during all those years……"

Vol 7

It seems to be the same case for Rimuru. Hinata sees a chance to win. For there is a difference in their experience on the battlefield.

Rimuru is clearly lacking in that regard. Hinata decides to change her tactics as she realizes this in order to give her

opponent the false sense of her attacks being random in speed.

This is the so called feinting.

She decides to toy Rimuru in the palm of her hands with the skill she accumulated through her rich experience——

She literally says Usurper is useless but activates Prediction Simulation anyway, was skill playing apart of it? Obviously but if Prediction Simulation didn't work it would have stated that.

It was a hunch. That it would be a fatal misstep to continue her current pattern of attack—— An unknown sixth sense is tempting in Hinata's mind. Hinata has always enjoyed doing things in orderly fashion. She doesn't act without a basis or rationale, yet right now she has chosen to put faith in her instinct.

And so she was saved. It was fortunate that Hinata forcefully changed her path of attack as soon as she launched a feint.

Code:
More precisely, she was able to
successfully attack by charging her body into Rimuru directly.

She rely only on her instinct not Unique Skill.

My dude it's literally stated she predicted Rimuru's attacks due to prediction simulation, it's how Rimuru got Predict Future Attack:

《 Report. Skill ÒÇî Predict Future Attack ÒÇì has been learnt. Apply skill? YES/NO 》 …… As expected of Master Raphael. It is really not for show. This is the response I'd expect from Raphael-san. I wasn't able to react in time when it first spoke of the matter, but now I know that I have acquired some incredible skill—— 《 Answer. Not acquired, learnt. Ah, okie. Either is fine, I complain in heart. So Raphael explains as follows: It speaks of its observation of Hinata's movements and that it has discovered that my opponent was able to handle my attack because she relied on a skill that predicted my attacks. And so, during my confrontation with Hinata, it has helped me to learn this skill through analyzing Hinata's attacks. ——Eh, is this really possible? 《 Answer. True. 》
~ Volume 7, Chapter 5​

You can't be serious, it's literally stated Hinata "relied on a skill that predicted my attacks", Matematician works, this isn't debatable.

Feels like i am wasting my time here.

I was a bit dizzy since im just finished my Exam a minutes ago, maybe i will bring this topic again in the future (regarding Ultimate skill Resistance).

Pls no lol, this is like the 3rd time, unless any new evidence comes out.

As i said above i am fine with adding possibly ratings for resistances to stuff like reality warping, subjective reality etc all done by lowers skills, i am just against a plain resistance to reality warping for example because it's not confirmed though it's possible they resist it since they resist most lower skills.

Good luck on your exams, i am going to get back into the VN i am playing.

I mean when the Vol 10 comes out, we will get another proof that US skill Resist the lower and probably somekind of its mechanic on how US Resist the lower.

And thanks, about 35 days till my graduation and i will be free from thing called "school" wish me luck.

On another note, you know the irony is that Rimuru LN's 2nd Reactive Evolution said he acquired the Prediction skills while he just learned/copy it from Hinata. The part should be removed since it is Power Mimicry. I will removed that part later; this case was rejected for Rimuru's when it was brought for a CRT in a past thread when he did not have reactive evolution at all. The changes weren't added from a thread either and the evidences were accepted for Power Mimicry for Rimuru LN in his second key, in that same past CRT.

Good luck on your exams, GLH22. Enjoy your VNs reading, Celestial Pegasus.

MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
That was a fun volume
I'm gonna do the Vol 9 CRT soon after I reread it if anyone's fine with that
Oh, this is cool. Wait, you already read everything!?

Dang, nice! I wish I had that time since I am busier due to upcoming exams next week! and more focus in real life. I remembered that I read the entire Web Novel under a week (maybe in a few days) and finish many fictional series in a few months.

2 and a half hours? That's very quick especially since slime volumes are long compared to other series, literally takes twice the time.

I finished it a while ago though too. Don't think there is much to add for this volume really, mostly just a chill volume, next volume will be when things get serious.

GLH22, on Masayuki's case, it looks Chosen One got nerf in the LN; it seems like just having an unique skill is enough to resist its heroic aura.

Based on the LN, Masayuki should have some sort of Fate Manipulation due to Heroic Act where it was showcased against the slave traders where it always guided Masayuki towards becoming a hero

Look, Ultimate Skill "resisting" Unique Skills doesn't reality warp its effects to somehow block openly visible visual information as well and I think saying that that is a requirement for accepting "resisting" them is utterly ridiculous.

It's the same reason why Rimuru as an Ultimate Skill user didn't "block" Masayuki 's "Chosen One" from being able to turn public sentiment against him - because it doesn't power null, it just resists against direct effects, like Chosen One cannot make Rimuru trip over something if they actually fought and perhaps Masayuki would even be able to still utilize the part of his Skill that gives himself good luck, but cannot induce bad luck on Rimuru. On the other hand, all Mathematician did was make calculations based on Hinata's own Senses. It's basically just "extra brainpower" and nothing more, as I don't remember anything about supernatural or reality warping effects ever being mentioned.

I mean we already know from Walpurgis that any actual "read" of any internal information like energy levels fails against another Ultimate Skill user unless the user has an Ultimate Skill himself - and even then the other party can just use a fake aura to mislead others. But that doesn't mean that the things Hinata can see with her eyes and other senses just get Reality Warped into nothingness or that her calculations just somehow fail when using that information, and the very notion of thinking otherwise is beyond me.

So:
AP-based damage-dealing Attacks: Not Resisted.
Indirect effects that utilize the surroundings: Not Resisted.
Direct effects that affect the Ultimate Skill User directly without brute force: Resisted.

Is he really 10-B? Don't Otherworlder usually get a basic strength buff? He managed to knock out a B Rank adventurer in one hit, and I have a hard time believing that B Rank adventurers' basic physical abilities aren't at least to some extent strengthened by default, considering they have to be strong enough to be able to solo black spiders and ogres.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back