• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being able to destroy villages single-handedly. That itself shouldn't get much info, but there is one feat that might be usable: Ellen, Kaval and Guido tanking the Salamander's self-destruction. The Salamanders are B-Plus Rank and the adventurer trio are all B Rank.It's stated that the Salamanders (who burned down the entire village just from passively emitted fire particles, which might be a possible feat by itself, too) if exploded into a steam explosion by a great amount of water, would cause "the entire local area to be turned into vacant land".
"Vacant land" means vaporization or pulverisation since nothing like rubble would remain.
"Local area" had been previously used in the context of the Goblin Riders patroling the surroundings of the village, as well as the three adventurers investigating the surroundings of the cave.
Therefore I think a good estimation for "local area" would be taking the village center and drawing a straight line to the entrance of Veldora's Cave. That should be possible if you take the bird-PoV from the LN volume 8.5 "map" for the city of Rimuru and estimate the distance between the city center and the entrance to the cave.

Then you'd calculate the energy with a vaporizing/pulverisazion explosion that covers an area of the aforementioned radius. After that you'd only need to downscale it to a "non-steam explosion" and you'd have a pretty accurate view of what kind of attack the trio managed to tank. Then we could create profiles for them too.

Gross Estimate of Rank B Tier-Range: "At least 9-A" or "At least Small Building-level" to "8-B" or "City Block-level"

Yeah I wrote that, but I never asked for the calcs regarding that so far... might have to be done at some point, but I am too lazy to seek out someone from calc group to do that... yea, making a long blog post like that kind of contradicts that thought though, doesn't it?

Masayuki can't even lift his sword and still has a hard time lifting the rapier that Rimuru gives him buy it's still bearable.

Also Chosen One added crit to that headbutt hence the reason for his unknown rating with it

Top Highest Grossing Media Franchise for 2019

1. Kimetsu no Yaiba

2. Love Live

3. One Piece

4. Kingdom

5. Tensei Slime

6. Idolmaster

7. Promised Neverland

8. Kaguya-sama

9. Touken Ranbu

10. Fate Series

11. Gotobun Hanayome

12. Kamen Rider Series

13. Detective Conan

14. Oshiri Tantei

15. Hypnosis -Division Rap Battle-

16. My Hero Academia

17. Bohemian Rhapsody

18. Attack on Titan

19. Mobile Suit Gundam

20. Idolsh7

21. Haikyuu!

22. Bang Dream

23. A3!

24. Twelve Kingdoms

25. Seven Deadly Sins

26. Sword Art Online

27. Dragon Ball

28. Monogatari Series

29. The Avengers

30. Golden Kamuy

Edit: From left to right the stats as follows.

1. Video

2. Music

3. Novel

4. Comic

5. Other

The filled in circles represent the primary source of income for the franchise.

Also, now you too can have an apartment in Tempest with this lovely collab.

https://out.reddit.com/t3_f503ch?ur...nxjPnHdKVH8hqN7sWTdLf_Ewg&app_name=reddit.com

I got to be honest, I dislike how Rimuru looks more naive in LN compare his WN version but it is nice to see that Tensei Slime is overall still good.

Eh, I dunno, who is more naive? The one who lets his spy master participate in a public martial arts tournement where said spy master even shows off his assortment of abilities, or the one who calls his spy master out on wanting to do something as foolish as that, and forbids it in a way that won't leave said spy master (and other participants) too disappointed?

Looks more naive, how?

The Ln is objectively a far superior version to the WN imo, the WN is barebones with issues like the events of vol 9 for instance, exposing your most powerful subordinates abilities in front of the world was dumb, glad the LN changed that.

I also like Rimuru being more involved in fights ie next vol with Mariabel, obviously vol 11 i think with Chloe, it doesn't give the impression that he is flawless as the WN did, cause we see him get challenged more.

I think people are just frustrated about the excessive amount of "henpecked ruler" scenes in vol. 9. Fuse really did that too much in this volume and it leaves a kind of bad taste in the mouth that the merchant scene was not good enough to compensate for (that said, the merchant scene itself was really great though, just not enough quantity-wise).

Meh, what i like most about slime is the world building, so i liked those scenes. I like the political intrigue and scheming.

The characters of slime are very fun, the fights are cool too, but i don't care too much about the characters strength.

It's why as i have said before i don't care if at the end Rimuru isn't the strongest or that Diablo and Zegion could possibly be stronger than him.

I wasn't refering to powerlevels or that sort of battles though... I meant more that attitude of Rimuru that appearently bowing his head seems to be his primary solution when he is a "Demon Lord", as well as him being so clumsy not to know what the science presentation is and other such things. I mean I get it that it shows him as a "flawed character" but it just seems overly silly and overdone at this point, escpacially when Raphael is around.

I know, was just saying that these sorts of scenes ie merchants scheming against Tempest, Rimuru being smart not exposing his subordinates power, adding new stuff to his city etc, are what i like about slime.

Anyway seems slime is a big money maker in Japan, which was obvious, don't remember if it was at #5 last year, don't really think so, anime probably boosted it.

I just realized that a reply I made but never posted. I will give the gist. It just some scenes regarding Rimuru's attitudes that made me cringe like how sometimes he doesn't listen to Raphael or Great Sage which use to make me think it should have been a weakness for him. A case for weakness was applicable in the Banquet where Rimuru didn't listen to Raphael's inputs on Milim where Rimuru though she was controlled.

Personally, I don't care about much of the powers in Tensei Slime anymore; I just want Rimuru's character to be cooler.

I also agree that the LN is better overall than the WN.

I personally wish for EoS Ln to just become 2A but with actual lore ! Character development and lots of new cool stuff for his daily life!

I am just giving my honest opinions. I will see where Rimuru's case go in the LN.

To be honest Rimuru is cool but I like majority of the cast better and its amazing how Fuze managed to make like 80% character important. The worldbuilding is insane in this story (if we get more worldbuilding in Volume 16, I would argue it has better world building than One Piece as of chapter 971 and this is coming from a diehard One Piece fan) which is one of tensura's highest point and I like the the political talks too. The antagonists in the LN are very compelling and the PoV of several factions in the story makes it even more interesting such as Guy's Group, Yuuki's group, Hinata's group, Eastern Empire, Granbell's group, etc.

Fuze makes broken hax fights fair and enjoyable which is impressive considering stuffs like Fate Manip and Reality Warping tend to be gamebreakers in the story. Rimuru getting more OP is just a bonus lol

I only said if we get more Worldbuilding in Volume 16 (more history, background of other race especially the demons, spirits and angels, what's in the aggressor world and what is Rimuru's connection, more explanation on Ultimate Skill and what are the Lovecraft Series since the Sin series and Virtue Series are treated special in the WN and I hope it gets expanded, more expansion on the Veldanava multiverse and we know that each otherworlders have different worlds mainly referring to Ageha, Venom and Hinata since they appear to come from different worlds)

One Piece world building is very good but Slime has a chance to compete if Volume 16 delivers although the quality of One Piece somehow dropped in Dressrosa arc for me but its still good

Hold on Rimuru should have Social Influencing in his first key and there are many feats of him doing that

The most evident one is his fight with Milim in convincing her to a draw with the use of honey

https://youtu.be/BzVfX5DoQC8

I don't think that's CGI. Quite the opposite infact. Seems like another "Ebata-walk", which is usually 2D.

Also incase you didn't notice, the one speaking before Rimuru is Diablo.

(Also I noticed that CP and Elizhaa are still the only "knowledgable members of the verse" on the list. I didn't think of changing that because I assumed that only staff members are allowed to change that list, but I am starting to doubt that assumption now...)

I think the reason why S1's pacing seems so all over the place was because Kodansha and Bandai were in a tug of war about where to end it.

Kodansha obviously wanted to end it with LN vol. 2 (or perhaps 3) to keep the series as a "manga adaptation", and definitly shouldn't pass where the manga is at at any time, while Bandai wanted to go all the way to vol. 6 to get Milim and Diablo aboard the merchandise train. The staff was probably a victim of all that, and based on the resulting quality difference of first cour and second cour, you can CLEARLY see the production staff's position on what they thought about the "compromise" in the end.

Yep that is a very bad move for them and it's better if they stop at the Charybdis Arc.

Season 2 should have been Volume 4 up until the end of Volume 6 which is way better ending

NeoSuperior said:
I think the reason why S1's pacing seems so all over the place was because Kodansha and Bandai were in a tug of war about where to end it.

Kodansha obviously wanted to end it with LN vol. 2 (or perhaps 3) to keep the series as a "manga adaptation", and definitly shouldn't pass where the manga is at at any time, while Bandai wanted to go all the way to vol. 6 to get Milim and Diablo aboard the merchandise train. The staff was probably a victim of all that, and based on the resulting quality difference of first cour and second cour, you can CLEARLY see the production staff's position on what they thought about the "compromise" in the end.
slime s1 in a nutshell

Slime in a nutshell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back