• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Discussion Thread 20

1. Ifrit saying he's equal/comparable to it Pre-Training, and can defeat it during his training under Veldora and Great Sage.
    1. Is it Great Sage or Raphael? Which Volume and which chapter is it from because it doesn't look to be in Volume 11?
  2. In the Journal, Ifrit complains about Sky Dragon being in the same rank as Charybdis when the former is just a small fry compared to the latter. Veldora corrects him by saying that for humans, there isn't much difference in between them with the amount of damage they can do, as the only thing above them are literal demon lords.
    1. Can you put the evidence here?

1. Ifrit saying he's equal/comparable to it Pre-Training, and can defeat it during his training under Veldora and Great Sage.
    1. Is it Great Sage or Raphael? Which Volume and which chapter is it from because it doesn't look to be in Volume 11?
  2. In the Journal, Ifrit complains about Sky Dragon being in the same rank as Charybdis when the former is just a small fry compared to the latter. Veldora corrects him by saying that for humans, there isn't much difference in between them with the amount of damage they can do, as the only thing above them are literal demon lords.
    1. Can you put the evidence here?
1. It is from Veldora's Journals which I posted earlier. Veldora was training Ifrit, but eventually Great Sage took over the training because Veldora was slacking off in analyzing the Infinite Prison.
From Veldora's Slime Observation Journal Volume 11, ~Sweets~, *Gard Mjolmille the Merchant*
"Heh heh heh. You were once of the same strength level, but you could easily win in a fight now, wouldn't you say?"
"Indeed, Master. Even before my training here, I would have matched up well against it. Now, I dare say I could defeat it without trouble."
2. Yeah, sure. It's in the same Journal volume. I don't think there is an image upload feature here? so I'll just write the part.
"These threat levels that humans devised are rather crude, aren't they, Master? They use only the amount of magical energy as the basis, rather than strength. I just cannot fathom how even Charybdis was considered a Calamity."
"Where else could it be? Above Calamity, there is only Disaster, the rank for demon lords, and Catastrophe, those beings that reign atop all life. And by the standards of human strength, everything at Calamity and above is dangerous. There is little point to splitting the ranks even finer," I told Ifrit. He looked impressed.
"How very wise, Master Veldora. One never knows when the occasional insight or wisdom might escape your lips!"
So it is more like Charybdis shouldn't just be a Calamity. Which fits its earlier description that it is actually a Disaster, but regarded as a Calamity due to the lack of intelligence. Further proves that the Sky Dragon shouldn't be compared to Charybdis as Ifrit during this time can beat it "without trouble."

Last edited:
Well, Charybdis is considered S Rank/Disaster in terms of power. But it may be due to its Magic Interference and being a spiritual entity born from Veldora that continuously resurrects. When you talk about the threat levels or ranking you have to understand its criteria. Disaster means it would take all of the resources of a large nation to stand against it.

Apparently, True Dragons can destroy the universe by fully releasing their aura in the LN. Currently trying to get the scans and such.
Yeah, i also heard that happen in Vol 17 from spoiler, still don't know where and who state it.
I am in communication with a translator and I'm not sure where you got that from. Charvander said she's going on vacation soon. It'll be less weeks until we get DeepL Fixed V17.

Nah...they only said that there was a weak world that would destroyed if True Dragon fully released their aura iirc...the world here meant a planet

Vol 17 ch 2...it's spoiler from slime discord

"それこそ、数多の世界があった。
 同一世界は一つであり、並列世界(パラレルワールド)など存在しない。だがしかし、別次元世界(アナザーワールド)は存在しているのである。
〝異世界人〟がいたので、その事実は把握していた。しかし、これほどまでに多様な世界があるなどと、ヴェルグリンドは想像すらしていなかった。
 全く異なる法則で営まれており、因果が巡る事もない。
大いなる精神世界に内包される物質世界として、多種多様な文明が混在していた。
 剣と魔法が主流の馴染み深い世界から、魔素がほとんどなくて魔法が使えぬ世界まで。科学文明とやらが発展し、人類が機械化された珍しい世界もあった。
〝竜種〟が全力解放すれば吹き飛ぶような弱小世界もあれば、覚醒魔王に匹敵するほどの天使や悪魔が、恒常的に争いを繰り広げている荒廃した世界もあった。"

Last edited:

"それこそ、数多の世界があった。
 同一世界は一つであり、並列世界パラレルワールドなど存在しない。だがしかし、別次元世界アナザーワールドは存在しているのである。
Yeah, I agree that the "worlds" here are planets, although they are located in different universes (hence the need to specify that there are no parallel worlds, which is consistent with Chloe's time-travel not creating any alternate timeline). It's not that strange, it's pretty common to have multiple universes and only feature single planets, although that is usually found in stories where alternate worlds/timelines exist.
But this can also be implied as the civilization in those worlds being too weak that they can easily be destroyed just by releasing dragon spirit haki. Though if it is indeed planet-busting it won't be strange.

Yeah, I agree that the "worlds" here are planets, although they are located in different universes (hence the need to specify that there are no parallel worlds, which is consistent with Chloe's time-travel not creating any alternate timeline). It's not that strange, it's pretty common to have multiple universes and only feature single planets, although that is usually found in stories where alternate worlds/timelines exist.
But this can also be implied as the civilization in those worlds being too weak that they can easily be destroyed just by releasing dragon spirit haki. Though if it is indeed planet-busting it won't be strange.
I'll talk with Voxel for confirmation

"それこそ、数多の世界があった。
 同一世界は一つであり、並列世界パラレルワールドなど存在しない。だがしかし、別次元世界アナザーワールドは存在しているのである。
I didn't see it posted

Screenshot_20200803-125445_Lithium.jpg

Well I not hundred percent sure if this was implying multiple timelines or univeres.

Now it sounds too vague. We need to know if world, and universe are being used synonymously. To be quite honest, running it through Google Translation, it sounds like universe.

Community_Gamer

I'm quite sure that's from Hinata's POV, and a few paragraphs later, she basically confirms her theory that there is only one world/universe that's being twisted by the time travel paradox, assuming she's correct. It's also why the mask is significant.
If one was to take the multiverse theory as truth—the idea that new universes, including parallel worlds, emerged one after the other, yet also at the same time—then perhaps having two Chloes at the same time was plausible.
However, if assuming there was only one world—
Chloe’s Unique Skill ‘Time Travel’ was an abnormal case, to the extent that the notion of multiple worlds shouldn’t be surprising. In any case, it was still hard to believe for Hinata.
It was more logical to think that the world was being remade. Or else, if many versions of themselves existed in many worlds, Hinata and Chloe’s efforts would be meaningless in the grand scale of things.
If there is a world that will be saved, then there is another that will perish—Hinata found this idea hard to accept.
That was why she made up her mind to end Chloe’s endless cycle and save the world. It didn’t matter if she had to be sacrificed in doing so. However, there was also a problem. And that was what Chloe had just said.
By the looks of it, my theory seems to be correct…
There really was only one world
, and it did not allow the existence of a paradox.
—No, that’s not entirely true. It’s not that it doesn’t allow the existence of a paradox. It just stops the world from collapsing. If there was something strong enough, such as the creation of the mask, then even the paradox couldn’t destroy it, and instead only twist its existence. Otherwise, there’s no way to explain the existence of the peculiar mask.
Velgrynd apparently saying there's no parallel/alternate worlds in Volume 17 basically confirms Hinata's theory. Since I'm sure she would've tried to locate if there was any during her space-time bizarre adventure.

The idea of only one planet/universe is a bit too much tho(dunno where that even come from)...i'm not saying it like that...only that "world" in that excerpt ftom V17 refer to "main" planet each universe she visited during her journey from the context at least the description...consider it like how Earth as the "main planet" in diff universe like DC or smh like that maybe...imo

Last edited:
Okay, so I just finished talking with someone who is fluent in Japanese and Voxel (FTL editor).
"それこそ、数多の世界があった。
 同一世界は一つであり、並列世界,パラレルワールドなど存在しない。だがしかし、別次元世界アナザーワールドは存在しているのである。〝異世界人〟がいたので、その事実は把握していた。
"That's exactly what happened, there were numerous worlds.
 There is one identical world, and there is no such thing as a parallel world, parallel world. But, however, the Other World, in another dimensional world, does exist.
"I knew that fact because there was an Otherworlder.
So basically, then use the kanji for sekai (世界) which in this context means "the world". In this context, Velgrynd is describing the "worlds" in Slime. She says there are numerous worlds, but the confusing bit appears when she says: "There is one identical world, and there is no such thing as a parallel world, parallel world." I think based on what we know about Slime and things she says afterword. When she says "one identical world" she is referring to the world that contains the other worlds. In other words, the multiverse.

They are all governed by completely different laws, and there is no causality.
She even says that these worlds have different "laws" and "causality". So they are obviously not planets. Which is emphasized above when she calls Other Worlds a "dimensional world".

大いなる精神世界に内包される物質世界として, 多種多様な文明が混在していた。

'There were weak worlds that could be blown away if the 'dragon species' released their full strength, and there were also devastated worlds where angels and demons comparable to the Awakened Demon King were constantly fighting each other."
As the material world contained within the great spiritual world, there was a wide variety of civilizations mixed together.
This is the one everyone was curious about. So firstly Velgrynd does that True Dragons could "blow away" these "weak worlds". By weak, she means little resistance not necessarily a structural or physically weaker world. She kind of emphasized this when she compared angels and demons to Awakened Demon Lords (not sure if that's supposed to be slime world).

She also says that the material world is contained within the great spiritual world. I don't believe this is the spiritual world we know of within Slime but rather the space Velgrynd had previously traveled at the end of V15 (when this takes place).
あの時、Rimuru と別れて飛んだ先は、時間すらも超えた異世界であった。Feldway に飛ばされた‘Parallel Existence ’と無事に再統合したのは、どことも知れぬ異界の狭間(はざま)だったのだ。
大気どころか大地すらないその場所で、Velgrynd は時間の感覚もなく漂流するはめになったのである。
After leaving Rimuru, she flew to a different world beyond time, where she was successfully reunited with the Parallel Existence that Feldway had sent her to was an unknown place.
In a place where there is no atmosphere, no earth, Velgrynd is adrift without any sense of time.
If Velgrynd hadn't been a True Dragon, she would have died there. But she had 'Spatial Domination' and an infinite lifespan.
Velgrynd can travel through the space that surrounds or contains the universes.
Feldway can BFR people outside space and time.
When it says "beyond time" it probably means beyond temporal dimensions within that particular universe. In this case the slime world.

Summary
  1. The Tensura World or Universe contains several universes
  2. Velgrynd can travel between universes, an each universe contains its own space-time continuum
  3. There is a multiverse (obviously)
  4. True Dragons can destroy universes
Bonus:
しかし、俺のいた世界にいたって事は、この世界から向こうへ戻る手段がある─って意味である。
 俺はまあ、死んでいるから戻っても意味が─って、待てよ?
 そもそもVelgrynd は、次元だけではなく時間まで跳躍したっぽい。これを解析すれば、もしかすると…。

But the world I was in means that I know how to get out of here and back to the other side.
 I'm dead, so what's the point of going back... wait, I'm dead?
 The Velgrynd seems to have jumped not only in dimensions, but also in time. If we parse this, then maybe...
<Velgrynd の権能にある‘Dimension Leap ’の効果ですね。Velgrynd 本人は、Rudra のsoul の欠片という目印に向かってしか跳べない能力ではありますが、その技を目印に向けて放つには、何の問題もないのでしょう>>
 なるほど…。
 つまりVelgrynd は、Cornu の‘Split Body ’と本体の繋がりを辿り、本体までも滅ぼしたという事か。

<<その通りかと。この、時間と空間を超越して攻撃を加える事が出来る‘Spacetime Continuous Attack ’ならば、たとえ‘Parallel Existence ’であろうとも逃れる術は御座いません>>

<The effect of 'Dimension Leap' in Velgrynd's power, which is an ability that Velgrynd himself can only leap towards the landmark of Rudra's soul shard, but to unleash the move towards the landmark, what I guess there's no problem>>.
 I see....
 So the Velgrynd traced the connection between Cornu's 'Split Body' and the main body, and even destroyed the main body?

<<That's right. This 'Spacetime Continuous Attack' that can transcend time and space to attack, even if it is 'Parallel Existence' There is no way of escaping it, sir.>>

Community_Gamer

I'm quite sure that's from Hinata's POV, and a few paragraphs later, she basically confirms her theory that there is only one world/universe that's being twisted by the time travel paradox, assuming she's correct. It's also why the mask is significant.

Velgrynd apparently saying there's no parallel/alternate worlds in Volume 17 basically confirms Hinata's theory. Since I'm sure she would've tried to locate if there was any during her space-time bizarre adventure.
^^

So the Universe destruction statement is the same as a statement that someone can destroy the world; not by physically destroying the planet but by killing everyone on it because the difference in strength between them and the inhabitants is so great?

Forgot to seperate the Kanji and Ruby text
並列世界(パラレルワールド) Parallel World
別次元世界(アナザーワールド) Another World

In Vol 11 Chloe Clearly stated there's no parallel worlds, but there's different worlds, parallel worlds here refers to different timeline which mean each universes only have 1 timeline.

In Vol 11 Chloe Clearly stated there's no parallel worlds, but there's different worlds, parallel worlds here refers to different timeline which mean each universes only have 1 timeline.
Chloe doesn't know everything. She only has experience with time travel. Also "parallel" refers to size and magnitude, so no it doesn't inherently mean a single space-time continuum.

The idea of only one planet/universe is a bit too much tho(dunno where that even come from)...i'm not saying it like that...only that "world" in that excerpt ftom V17 refer to "main" planet each universe she visited during her journey from the context at least the description...consider it like how Earth as the "main planet" in diff universe like DC or smh like that maybe...imo
Are you talking about only one planet per universe? Because nobody ever talked about that. You might be misreading things.
And yeah, the Slimeverse might be similar to DC with different planet in different universes, though they aren't alternate Earths.

Community_Gamer

well that might warrant an AP upgrade in the future. With the angels and demons thing, I would assume that there are also other universes (that are wrecked from all the fighting) that contains beings that are comparable to demon lords in the slime main universe.

Chloe doesn't know everything. She only has experience with time travel. Also "parallel" refers to size and magnitude, so no it doesn't inherently mean a single space-time continuum.
No, it was because Chronoa that Chloe know there's no Parallel timeline, Chronoa born because VOTW not allowed contradiction/two Chloe exist in the same era. And her skill did not create parallel timeline. So it means a single space-time continuum

Are you talking about only one planet per universe? Because nobody ever talked about that. You might be misreading things.
And yeah, the Slimeverse might be similar to DC with different planet in different universes, though they aren't alternate Earths.
Yeah...must be my misunderstanding

Alright I went through the RubyText and fixed it, but if you see any I missed the hit me up.

Its still largely the same but I'll address some different things.
"それこそ、数多の世界があった。
 同一世界は一つであり、並列世界,パラレルワールドなど,存在しない。だがしかし、別次元世界アナザーワールドは存在,しているのである。
〝異世界人〟がいたので、その事実は把握,していた。しかし、これほどまでに,多様な世界があるなどと、ヴェルグリンドは,想像す,らしていなかった。
"That's exactly what happened, there were numerous worlds.
 There is one world, and there are no parallel or parallel worlds. But there is another world, another dimension, another world. She was aware of this fact, because there were people from other worlds. But Velgyrnd had never imagined that there were so many different worlds.
There are many worlds, Velgyrnd is surprised by the diversity between them. She says there are other dimensions because there are otherworlders. There aren't parallel which mean a few different things. But I'll leave that to your imagination.
 全く異なる法則で営,まれており、因果が巡る事,もない。 lt is operated by a completely different set of laws, and cause and effect do not revolve around it.
These worlds have different physics and causality.
〝竜種〟が全力解放すれば吹き飛ぶような弱小世界もあれば、覚醒魔王に匹敵するほどの天使や悪魔が、恒常的に争いを繰り広げている荒廃した世界もあった." " "There were weak worlds that could be blown away if the 'dragon species' released their full strength, and there were also desolate worlds where angels and demons that rivaled the Awakened Demon King in constant conflict."
True Dragon can blow away weaker worlds. I interpret this to mean in terms the beings within/on these worlds. If you think worlds are planets then I suppose TDs are planetary at full power. But that's all I'll say about that.
あの時、Rimuru と別れて飛んだ先は、時間すらも超えた異世界であった。Feldway に飛ばされた‘Parallel Existence ’と無事に再統合したのは、どことも知れぬ異界の狭間(はざま)だったのだ。

大気どころか大地すらないその場所で、Velgrynd は時間の感覚もなく漂流,するはめになったのである。

At that time, after parting ways with Rimuru, Velgrynd flew to a different world beyond time, where she was successfully reunited with the 'Parallel Existence' that Feldway had sent her to, in the middle of an unfamiliar world.

In that place where there was not even an atmosphere, not even the earth, Velgrynd was forced to drift without any sense of time.
I don't know if anyone brought this up. So this right before Velgyrnd goes on her journey. She travels to a world beyond time in an unfamiliar world. This can mean this "world" literally transcends time, it simple doesn't contain time, or its the space between worlds thus its unrestricted by time.

This is critical to finding out if there different timelines. Personally I think there is only one timeline per world. If this place is not actually beyond time, the its most likely the space between worlds. (It can be both). So if that's the case then how would Velgyrnd travel to another world with different laws and causality, travel to the past to see Masayuki if there is only one timeline? A timeline that clearly doesn't stretch between these dimensions. So thats what I think.
しかし、俺のいた世界にいたって事は、この世界から向こうへ戻る手段がある─って意味である。
 俺はまあ、死んでいるから戻っても意味が─って、待てよ?
 そもそもVelgrynd は、次元だけではなく時間まで跳躍したっぽい。これを解析すれば、もしかすると…。

But the world I was in means that I know how to get out of here and back to the other side.

I'm dead, so what's the point of going back... wait, I'm dead?

The Velgrynd seems to have jumped not only in dimensions, but also in time.If we parse this, then maybe...
She can obviously travel through time and space
<<Velgrynd の権能にある‘Dimension Leap ’の効果ですね。Velgrynd 本人は、Rudra のsoul の欠片という目印に向かってしか跳べない能力ではありますが、その技を目印に向けて放つには、何の問題もないのでしょう>>
 なるほど…。
 つまりVelgrynd は、Cornu の‘Split Body ’と本体の繋がりを辿り、本体までも滅ぼしたという事か。

<<その通りかと。この、時間と空間を超越して攻撃を加える事が出来る‘Spacetime Continuous Attack ’ならば、たとえ‘Parallel Existence ’であろうとも逃れる術は御座いません>>

"<<The effect of 'Dimension Leap' in Velgrynd's power, which is an ability that Velgrynd himself can only leap towards the landmark of Rudra's soul shard, but to unleash the move towards the landmark, what guess there's no problem>>.

I see....

So the Velgrynd traced the connection between Cornu's 'Split Body' and the main body, and even destroyed the main body?

<<That's right.This, 'Spacetime Continuous Attack' that can transcend time and space to attack, even if it is 'Parallel Existence'There is no way of escaping it, sir.>>
Velgyrnd having the ability to attack someone through all time and space is more support for her moving in a place beyond time.

I'm not saying we have to add these changes just pointing out their existence. We'll have to wait awhile for FanTL of V16 & V17 anyway

So do we think these “worlds” are universes? To be quite honest, I think they’re full blown universes. Iirc, there was a statement that 20% or so of Velgrynd’s power could overpower Carrera’s Gravity Collapse, that could destroy a star. It would be foolish for a solid 80% left to only be planetary, especially since that would be an outlier to her strength. I agree with universal.

Well, first let's wait until the Volume is Translated. But yeah you're right, Velgryn's EP is about 74M. Carrera EP is around 7M so its like 10% of Velgryn's power. Which is still the same as WN Milim's Drago Nova which comparable to a supernova but its only 10% of True Dragons Power.

Reactions: mal
So do we think these “worlds” are universes? To be quite honest, I think they’re full blown universes. Iirc, there was a statement that 20% or so of Velgrynd’s power could overpower Carrera’s Gravity Collapse, that could destroy a star. It would be foolish for a solid 80% left to only be planetary, especially since that would be an outlier to her strength. I agree with universal.
Well I think they are dimensional constructs. The questions if people will accept that they have different space-time continuums.

Well, first let's wait until the Volume is Translated. But yeah you're right, Velgryn's EP is about 74M. Carrera EP is around 7M so its like 10% of Velgryn's power. Which is still the same as WN Milim's Drago Nova which comparable to a supernova but its only 10% of True Dragons Power.
EP's don't work that way. You can't compare one person's EP to another to tell if they are stronger. The reason is because EP is based things other than strength. Being equipment, physical capabilities, and magicules (not sure if its reserve or output). Its just a reference point just like rankings and threat levels. Rimuru even says this. Its possible for someone with demonstrably lower in EP be stronger or relative to someone with significantly higher EP.

I think these things being different space time continuums are obvious. Why would Velgrynd go on a space-time adventure in the first place if they weren't?
Also, I believe Velgrynd could create multiple Gravity Collapses while she was massacring Yuuki's army at Dwargon, and it was stated that it only takes less than 1% of her magic energy to create them (or maybe just one of them, can't remember exactly).
Carrera's strongest attack that is also a form of Gravity Collapse was described by Kondo to be something that shouldn't be used on a planet, and it could end up destroying Rudra's/Michael's separate dimension IIRC.

EP's don't work that way. You can't compare one person's EP to another to tell if they are stronger. The reason is because EP is based things other than strength. Being equipment, physical capabilities, and magicules (not sure if its reserve or output). Its just a reference point just like rankings and threat levels. Rimuru even says this. Its possible for someone with demonstrably lower in EP be stronger or relative to someone with significantly higher EP.
What do you mean? EP is magicule capacity and skills of people, higher EP means higher brute force. Yes lower EP may still can win against higher but in terms of raw power higher EP would win without a doubt.

What do you mean? EP is magicule capacity and skills of people, higher EP means higher brute force. Yes lower EP may still can win against higher but in terms of raw power higher EP would win without a doubt.
LN EP is not only Magicules like WN and doesn't include Skill/Art....EP in LN is composite of Magicules, Strenght, Equipment (although Weapons have separate EP), etc...but yeah EP means Raw Power

Last edited:
LN EP is not only Magicules like WN and doesn't include Skill/Art....EP in LN is composite of Magicules, Strenght, Equipment (although Weapons have separate EP), etc...but yeah EP means Raw Power
Yeah. It's why Carrera has really high EP, because even before her evolution, she always had the most amount of magic energy among Rimuru's Primordial subordinates, including Diablo. Hence her nuclear magic tend to be more destructive and cost more energy (Gravity Collapses) than Testarossa's or Ultima's (who mostly use death manipulation).

LN EP is a combination of physical capabilities, magicules (reserves and/or output), and equipment. So even if weapons (specified weapons) have separate EP it does change much. We don't the ratio between the two. We don't know if its linear (its not otherwise Veldora would have infinite EP or its only based on output). But Veldora already tested it in V16. So I don't know enough about it. And its not like I am making this up when Rimuru said its just a reference point. But if you guys want to rely on it then go ahead

Hi! I was thinking maybe this would be a good place to get an opinion on a matter.
Chloe O' Bell (WN) is listed as high 4-C, but I think she has a feat that makes her higher.

Screenshot_20201009-231348.png

She was able to shake the "World" which is often said to be the universe, also showing she was able to emit emissions such as sound waves when she attacked the atmospheric barrier produced by velzard. And i found that shaking the universe is a 4-A feat.

I also think that if this is accepted, some people scale higher being comparable and all.

Back