• If you appreciate the VS Battles wiki, and can afford it, please make a donation to help keep our forum running, so we can continue to work hard to improve on the reliability of our wiki profile pages. If you want to be anonymous, don't enter your real name when you donate.

Please click here if you are willing to help out.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Discussion Thread 20

Bought the Slime manga, and reading Veldora’s notes gave me some interesting information. Veldora says he lost in a “fair 1-on-1” against Chloe, and that a BoS, no Magic Sense Rimuru is an A-rank monster.

Similarly, his “Inquirer” skill pulls up a record of all of the world’s events for an analysis. But despite that, he outright admits he cannot analyze GS or even knew he asked, he could only speculate Rimuru had another skill.

Veldora also admits to being tricked by Rimuru on numerous occasions, so that can be added to Rimuru’s intelligence section.

Last edited:
Bought the Slime manga, and reading Veldora’s notes gave me some interesting information. Veldora says he lost in a “fair 1-on-1” against Chloe, and that a BoS, no Magic Sense Rimuru is an A-rank monster.

Similarly, his “Inquirer” skill pulls up a record of all of the world’s events for an analysis. But despite that, he outright admits he cannot analyze GS or even knew he asked, he could only speculate Rimuru had another skill.

Veldora also admits to being tricked by Rimuru on numerous occasions, so that can be added to Rimuru’s intelligence section.
Well Veldora actually mistook GS as Rimuru quite a long time after all...until Raphael

Now I’m starting to doubt the validity of this entire thing. First it’s Vol 15, then it’s 1-15, then it’s 2? I’m not buying this at all.
V15 is when Veldora realized that he's wrong the entire time...i said V1-15 just to make it simple...but it's actually started in V2 when Veldora already inside Rimuru's stomach especially after Ifrit inside there too and GS trained both of them

No? He very clearly distinguishes Rimuru from GS. At no point in Vol 1 does he ever mistake Rimuru for GS.
He does like constantly. That why he calls Great Sage "Rimuru" until Rapheal says she is a proxy during HF. He simply mentioned that he an idea that there was more going on but much like Diablo he dismissed it as an impossibility.

I am somewhat surprised though. I thought everyone already read the Veldora journals. I have tons of scans from them. Veldora and Irfit make a lot of interesting statements.

I never said Veldora anything or didn't do anything in Vol. 1. I know you were referencing Vol. 1 and I was just informing you on things you seem to be ignorant on. Are you okay?
Frankly whatever else past Vol.1 isn’t my concern, I’m still going through then throughly because I’ve skipped them in the past reading them online. Again, if you actually read what I was saying, all of what I was saying stemmed from Vol.1.

Frankly whatever else past Vol.1 isn’t my concern, I’m still going through then throughly because I’ve skipped them in the past reading them online. Again, if you actually read what I was saying, all of what I was saying stemmed from Vol.1.
Yep. I am aware as I said. I didn't try to rebuttal the information from Vol. 1. But at this point I digress

In Vol.2 Veldora says Shizu could be equal to Gazel. I’m not sure how valid this is, considering Hinata surpassed Shizu at a young age and is >Gazel. However, because Shizu’s mind and thoughts didn’t align with Ifrit, she had nerfed herself.

Thoughts?

He also states Rimuru’s ability to analyze (GS) is comparable if not greater than Inquirer, which is stated to be capable of planetary analysis multiple times.

A concentrated Flare Circle would’ve done actual damage to Rimuru, in his words.

Last edited:
About the Flare Circle thing, it's consistent that large scale flame attacks are usually less potent than small, concentrated scale. Hell Flare is normally actually weaker than Flare Circle when covers like a hundred meters but when Rimuru enclosed it in 5 meters, it was over 13x hotter than the sun (which Rimuru has stated around twice that he won't be able to take).

About the Flare Circle thing, it's consistent that large scale flame attacks are usually less potent than small, concentrated scale. Hell Flare is normally actually weaker than Flare Circle when covers like a hundred meters but when Rimuru enclosed it in 5 meters, it was over 13x hotter than the sun (which Rimuru has stated around twice that he won't be able to take).
This was against the Orc Lord, right?

This was against the Orc Lord, right?
The large scale Hell Flares yeah, the small scale Hell Flare was against the Golem in Volume 4.
I think it was also mentioned that Rimuru's Flare Circle was more powerful because it was concentrated only on the Orc Disaster.

As for Shizue's tier, I'm not really sure. I'm sure Shizue unified with/using Ifrit is likely stronger than just Ifrit alone since it's Shizue + Ifrit's power. I think Ifrit was explicitly said to be weaker than Orc Disaster though.

The large scale Hell Flares yeah, the small scale Hell Flare was against the Golem in Volume 4.
I think it was also mentioned that Rimuru's Flare Circle was more powerful because it was concentrated only on the Orc Disaster.

As for Shizue's tier, I'm not really sure. I'm sure Shizue unified with/using Ifrit is likely stronger than just Ifrit alone since it's Shizue + Ifrit's power. I think Ifrit was explicitly said to be weaker than Orc Disaster though.
I think Veldora was talking about a hypothetical Ifrit/Shizu, that if both were truly one, in goals and ideals, that they would be comparable in strength to Gazel. However, since she didn’t align with Ifrit, she nerfed herself to that degree.

I think Veldora was talking about a hypothetical Ifrit/Shizu, that if both were truly one, in goals and ideals, that they would be comparable in strength to Gazel. However, since she didn’t align with Ifrit, she nerfed herself to that degree.
Makes sense when you look at the children and just think about that combined with a higher tier Spirit rather than a pseudo spirit. Also she should be able to actually unify with Ifrit much like Treyni does. And when Treyni does she's gets insanely stronger. But regardless Veldora is talking about a hypothetical Shizu so although its interesting it ultimately does not change anything.

Makes sense when you look at the children and just think about that combined with a higher tier Spirit rather than a pseudo spirit. Also she should be able to actually unify with Ifrit much like Treyni does. And when Treyni does she's gets insanely stronger. But regardless Veldora is talking about a hypothetical Shizu so although its interesting it ultimately does not change anything.
I think it could warrant a “far higher”, but it’s out of character, so... scrapped?

I don't really know, need more context or scans as Shizue herself has way too few feats under her belt. I think there are side-stories and spinoffs but I don't remember them all. IIRC didn't she fight a Special A monster and nearly died?

It should be noted that while magicule content is usually a basic indicator of AP, Skills, Technique, experience and Arts all affect AP congruently. That's why Shizue would've been on Gazel's level since she's a very experienced champion powered by a Greater Spirit, I think.

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Sysop
I’ll read it for myself, but I don’t believe this at all.
It is stated here in the Veldora's Slime Observation Journal -RESURRECTION~ BIRTH OF A DEMON LORD: https://archive.vn/nJaHR

Great Sage might be updated in the future as a different personality for the first key since it seems autonomous. Weirdly, sentience comes before autonomy, from an article by a respected company.

Last edited:
There are raws out already. The entire chapter is full of action covering the battle at Yuurazania. It ended with Benimaru killing Charybdis.
I feel like the mangaka is no longer gonna portray the large scale army vs army fight at this point and will move on to Walpurgis in the next chapter.

I wonder how the anime will portray Charybdis though. Will they introduce the manga design or stick with the monstrosity in the anime.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Sysop
Human Resources
Don't remember if the Myulan vs Youm was shown in the manga, think it might have been hinted at how it went in the LN, but didn't expect a full on fight in the anime, was pretty good.

Next episode is gonna cover the Otherworders from Farmus and the scheming there, so yea Rimuru vs Hinata is looking to be episode 5.

Don't remember if the Myulan vs Youm was shown in the manga, think it might have been hinted at how it went in the LN, but didn't expect a full on fight in the anime, was pretty good.

Next episode is gonna cover the Otherworders from Farmus and the scheming there, so yea Rimuru vs Hinata is looking to be episode 5.
In the LN Myulan fought Youm with his two other party member instead of 1 on 1 againts Youm...altho the other two people just gave Youm a buff before silenced by Myulan

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Sysop
Ranga doesn't seem to have a pre-evolution LN picture, checking from volume 1 to 5.

I'm honestly not sure if there even is one. I'll try and see if it's in any of the volumes I own.

Edit: Curse you Elizhaa!Elizabeth!

Edit 2: Actually LN1 Cover has his image.
Bump for sending again.

Vol.3 of Veldora’s diary:

Veldora should have creation, as he created a shoji board out of willpower against Ifrit.

Ragna resists magic.

Veldora is stated to posses “infinite energy”.

The Kijin group is stated to have less magicules than Ifrit.

Last edited:
Bump for sending again.

Vol.3 of Veldora’s diary:

Veldora should have creation, as he created a shoji board out of willpower against Ifrit.

Ragna resists magic.

Veldora is stated to posses “infinite energy”.

The Kijin group is stated to have less magicules than Ifrit.
Well the stuff created in there seems to be due to the imaginary and metaphysical nature of the realm/stomach. So I don't know if he could do that outside.

I figured I'd post it before someone else. Take what you will from it. Volume 10: Adventure

Why Ranga and Shion 2nd key are Rel+ while Benimaru, Souei, etc. Only got MHS? I mean they are more or less comparable each other or at least their speed.

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Sysop
The description was not up to the proper standard to be conceptual manipulation. Although, it was agreed that it could be under reality-warping but magic in vsbattke wiki is a type of reality-warping. Additionally, Magic, in Slime, is also stated to affect physical laws for instance so maybe a case like Elder Scroll where magic is agreed as reality warping can happen.

Why Ranga and Shion 2nd key are Rel+ while Benimaru, Souei, etc. Only got MHS? I mean they are more or less comparable each other or at least their speed.
Because of the lack of feats and other, possible inconsistencies that would result, especially with Souei being Rel+. We are just waiting for future volumes to be translated by Tensura Fan so that we can get more speed feats/statements from them. It would be nice if somebody can give scans that supports them having Rel+ speed ratings though.

Ranga and Shion are rated as Rel+ because they were able to keep up with Razul who was superior to Granbell and could give Diablo trouble. Shion never stopped training so it makes sense for her to be stronger and faster, the same for Ranga who was trained by Milim herself who is a combat genius who made Rimuru and the Kijins stronger due to her training.

I’m starting to believe AP>hax in Tenslime.

Veldora says he regenerates magicules too fast for Hinata’s Holy/Anti-Magic Field to purify and nerf him, and Benimaru’s magicule count was larger than Charbydis, and so he could bypass its Magic Interference.

The former is, as it states, due to the speed at which his magicules regenerate, not their quantity. The latter would sooner indicate that magic interference simply can't stop attacks that are far more powerful than its user.

Well, Veldora's renegeration is kinda haxed too, since it's often described to be infinite. This doesn't really show AP>Hax necessarily. The more curious situation is Veldora apparently being capable of taking a Melt Slash, something that could destroy an Ultimate Skill and nearly kill Rimuru.

The magicule count stuff is the most common indicator when it comes to AP, but it's not absolute as Skills, Arts, and experience/technique/proficiency in controlling magic energy also affects AP. Usually, you need comparable amount of magicules in order to harm an opponent, but there are people like Hakuro who can harm people whose magicule count dwarfs his own.

As for Benimaru vs Charybdis, Magic Interference isn't absolute. Milim overpowered it as well. In Benimaru's case, it wasn't only due to magicule count, but also his proficiency in controlling magic particles that far exceeds Charybdis's, which means he can bypass Magic Interference without overpowering it.

The former is, as it states, due to the speed at which his magicules regenerate, not their quantity. The latter would sooner indicate that magic interference simply can't stop attacks that are far more powerful than its user.
Would disagree, as Veldora actually needed to train his aura to prevent it from killing people, implying it’s quantity is quite large. The last one only proves my point.

Usually, you need comparable amount of magicules in order to harm an opponent, but there are people like Hakuro who can harm people whose magicule count dwarfs his own.
Can you provide some examples? If you’re referring to Hakurou vs Orc Lord, I’m fairly certain it was stated the Kijin’s could fight them, but couldn’t get past his regeneration.
As for Benimaru vs Charybdis, Magic Interference isn't absolute. Milim overpowered it as well. In Benimaru's case, it wasn't only due to magicule count, but also his proficiency in controlling magic particles that far exceeds Charybdis's, which means he can bypass Magic Interference without overpowering it.
Well, yeah, that also kinda proves my point, Milim overpowering it. Proficiency in controlling magic is also good, I won’t deny that. Imo, it’s just good for thought.

Can you provide some examples? If you’re referring to Hakurou vs Orc Lord, I’m fairly certain it was stated the Kijin’s could fight them, but couldn’t get past his regeneration.
I'm certain that Hakuro has always been used in-universe as an example of someone who has low magicule content but can hang with people with higher magicule content. Him being able to harm Rimuru and Orc Disaster are the biggest examples, since he doesn't really get into a lot of fights later on.

IIRC, Tatsuya Kondou and his friends back in his old universe don't have any impressive magicule content, but through pure mastery of Sword Arts, Velgrynd rated them as A rank.

I'm forgetting other examples though but I'm certain there's more.

Well, yeah, that also kinda proves my point, Milim overpowering it. Proficiency in controlling magic is also good, I won’t deny that. Imo, it’s just good for thought.
While Milim can easily overpower it, I'm also fairly certain that Milim's attack had hax with it. It wasn't just a mindless brute force attack, it was calculated enough that it left the heart (Phobio) undamaged, while also atomizing Charybdis (hence "overpowering" Ultraspeed regeneration which heals on the molecular level only). It won't be surprising that Milim did the same thing as Benimaru and simply mastered her control of magic enough to bypass Magic Interference.

With that said, it's certainly a case-by-case basis. Some hax abilities in Slime are magic-based so anti-magic works on them, hence why Magic Interference, Holy Fields and Yuuki's Anti-Skill were/are relevant. But generally hax is still, well, hax. It bypasses conventional durability and AP.

Because of the lack of feats and other, possible inconsistencies that would result, especially with Souei being Rel+. We are just waiting for future volumes to be translated by Tensura Fan so that we can get more speed feats/statements from them. It would be nice if somebody can give scans that supports them having Rel+ speed ratings though.

Ranga and Shion are rated as Rel+ because they were able to keep up with Razul who was superior to Granbell and could give Diablo trouble. Shion never stopped training so it makes sense for her to be stronger and faster, the same for Ranga who was trained by Milim herself who is a combat genius who made Rimuru and the Kijins stronger due to her training.
Well, later stuff would just support everyone being MHS not even relativistic. But we'll get to it when we do. Only top tiers are possible rel in combat speed. Velgrynd is the fastest character so far and she's only rel+ to lightspeed at max speed. There's even a funny statement that "humans" (more so mortals or people) cannot go beyond faster than sound. And even spiritual lifeforms can only accelerate so much, they can't go faster than light.

There could be some diction or syntax error so MAYBE Fuse was trying to portray something else. But I find it incredibly unlikely given the supporting feats or lack thereof. Luckily, their combat speed doesn't matter. Since they have abilities like Thought Acceleration and Spatial Domination or Transfer (Rimuru and co specifically having Space-time manipulation) they can make up for their lack of raw combat speed. And SOME people have abilities that are immeasurable in speed or will be.

There could be some diction or syntax error so MAYBE Fuse was trying to portray something else.
Probably, but I also doubt that all of those are just incorrectly translated. Nevertheless we just have to wait for Tensura Fan to translate them.

I'm well aware of the possible inconsistencies that might appear. Hell there are already inconsistent low-end feats in the previous volumes (Rimuru's sword slash only being "near the speed of sound" during his fight with Hinata, Shion launching supersonic projectiles are considered impressive by Reynald Jesta, and Rimuru not being able to travel at hypersonic speeds in Volume 10). We just consider them as outliers because MHS and Relativistic+ are more consistent throughout the fights and it wouldn't make sense for them to be even supersonic, let alone subsonic. Edit: I'd also add that Rimuru's attack speed being subsonic came from Yen Press, which makes the entire thing dubious.

I'm convinced that FUSE is trying to nerf them but has no idea how to keep their speed ratings consistent. Hell, if the manga ever reaches Volume 11, we might even get FTL results if we decide to calculate Hinata intercepting Melt Slash from a distance (though personally, this would also be an outlier/inconsistency and I'd rather stick to Relativistic+ for Hinata). I have no idea how reactions are measured, but I'm certain that Rimuru's Thought Acceleration with Ciel exceeds the speed of light by a huge margin even just based off the fact that Raphael's can perceive attacks that are almost light speed and Ciel's is 100x that speed.

Tl;dr we just find a middle ground where the ratings make the most sense, eventually. And fill the profiles with necessary details.

Last edited:
I'm just dropping this here in case some haven't seen it yet. This is probably gonna be most of the characters' peak forms.
Volume 12 has been 84% finished for a while now, hopefully we get it this month.

Probably, but I also doubt that all of those are just incorrectly translated. Nevertheless we just have to wait for Tensura Fan to translate them.

I'm well aware of the possible inconsistencies that might appear. Hell there are already inconsistent low-end feats in the previous volumes (Rimuru's sword slash only being "near the speed of sound" during his fight with Hinata, Shion launching supersonic projectiles are considered impressive by Reynald Jesta, and Rimuru not being able to travel at hypersonic speeds in Volume 10). We just consider them as outliers because MHS and Relativistic+ are more consistent throughout the fights and it wouldn't make sense for them to be even supersonic, let alone subsonic. Edit: I'd also add that Rimuru's attack speed being subsonic came from Yen Press, which makes the entire thing dubious.

I'm convinced that FUSE is trying to nerf them but has no idea how to keep their speed ratings consistent. Hell, if the manga ever reaches Volume 11, we might even get FTL results if we decide to calculate Hinata intercepting Melt Slash from a distance (though personally, this would also be an outlier/inconsistency and I'd rather stick to Relativistic+ for Hinata). I have no idea how reactions are measured, but I'm certain that Rimuru's Thought Acceleration with Ciel exceeds the speed of light by a huge margin even just based off the fact that Raphael's can perceive attacks that are almost light speed and Ciel's is 100x that speed.

Tl;dr we just find a middle ground where the ratings make the most sense, eventually. And fill the profiles with necessary details.
They were only to perceive light after amplifying their perception by 100,000,000 times. But yeah pretty much

They were only to perceive light after amplifying their perception by 100,000,000 times. But yeah pretty much
Yeah and it's fucking annoying considering it's also described as "shockingly" lol.
There are also speed descriptions that ranges from Mach 10, to Mach 100, to Mach 1000+. Which are all so damned inconsistent. I don't think Fuse realizes the massive speed difference between Mach 100, Mach 1000, and near light speed, to the point that Velgrynd's speed fluctuates between these numbers which are all described as impressive.

Fuse also seems to have forgotten Volume 11 where people were already fighting at near light speeds, enough that Rimuru calls it a "light speed battle".

I'm really hoping all of these are translation errors, but Charvander didn't just plug these to a machine translator. She used multiple ones and spent a good amount of time making them readable.

And I'm not even mad or concerned about potential downgrades, as we already did downgrade their speed. I just want it to be as consistent and accurate as possible lol

Yeah and it's fucking annoying considering it's also described as "shockingly" lol.
There are also speed descriptions that ranges from Mach 10, to Mach 100, to Mach 1000+. Which are all so damned inconsistent. I don't think Fuse realizes the massive speed difference between Mach 100, Mach 1000, and near light speed, to the point that Velgrynd's speed fluctuates between these numbers which are all described as impressive.

Fuse also seems to have forgotten Volume 11 where people were already fighting at near light speeds, enough that Rimuru calls it a "light speed battle".

I'm really hoping all of these are translation errors, but Charvander didn't just plug these to a machine translator. She used multiple ones and spent a good amount of time making them readable.

And I'm not even mad or concerned about potential downgrades, as we already did downgrade their speed. I just want it to be as consistent and accurate as possible lol
V17 was done in collaboration with Voxel and using the terms sheets, but that was the first volume to be done that way. And from my own translations of the raws it hasn't really changed. So I wouldn't expect major changes in V14 - V16 translation in terms of wording accuracy. The syntax is the only major change I see. It's unfortunate but we'll have better feats and speed doesn't mean very much at this point.

I discovered a potential upgrade or downgrade for Rimuru again, now that Kodansha's version of Veldora's Journals are now available up to the 15th volume of the manga.

We are currently using this fan translation to justify Gluttony's 5-B rating, but the official version has a different translation.

But even more fearsome than his countenance is the effect of the Gluttony skill he unleashed. He showed the ability to devour everything in sight, until he gobbled up the very stars in the sky — suggesting a monstrous potential, indeed.

Which brings us the issues:
  1. In the first place, Gluttony seems to be a hax ability rather than force. I might be mistaken since I'm not entirely well versed with how the AP system works, so I'm just asking (just be sure) whether we should put Gluttony's capability to eat things in Rimuru's AP in the first place, or instead just place it in Range.
  2. If we are gonna keep it in AP, then in my opinion, we should go by the official translations (as even Tensura Fan considers them to be completely legit IIRC, hence why they don't even translate that part of the manga). The question is: does the official quote merits an AP rating? If not, do we remove rating Gluttony entirely due to lack of context?
  3. If it does merit a rating, what would it get? Low 4-C or 4-C?

Last edited:
Gluttony should be physical + hax, as absorption is hax (Rimuru absorbing a structure that even the current 6-A Veldora couldn’t destroy at 6-C). Also, yeah, I would agree with this upgrade. I personally think it’s High 4-C, as he implies more than one star, but I’m happy to go with a lowball.

I just wanted to hear the other's thoughts on it, though the WN treats Beelzebub as AP so Gluttony should work the same.
I also just want to know if the others think until he gobbled up the very stars in the sky is a valid AP statement, and what tier would it be since it's not instant and would be done over time. I personally don't mind a Tier 4 rating but would prefer the lowball, especially since it's just one statement.

I also just want to know if the others think until he gobbled up the very stars in the sky is a valid AP statement, and what tier would it be since it's not instant and would be done over time. I personally don't mind a Tier 4 rating but would prefer the lowball, especially since it's just one statement.
It would still be 4-C, just overtime.

Another interesting things from Veldora's journals are spiritrons and infons.

Spiritrons rae building blocks of magicule and the basis of Disintegration. Essentially this is spirit particles from the novels.

Infons are the building blocks of the soul. Chances are this is information particles. Great Sage was unable to detect and analyze Infons without Veldora's Unique Skill Inquirer's help, when they were trying to analyze the souls of the dead within the barrier. The act of using Inquirer to the maximum level fried Veldora's brain and calories as he claims.

Veldora seem to be a far more nuanced and better written character in the manga.

Infons are the building blocks of the soul. Chances are this is information particles. Great Sage was unable to detect and analyze Infons without Veldora's Unique Skill Inquirer's help, when they were trying to analyze the souls of the dead within the barrier. The act of using Inquirer to the maximum level fried Veldora's brain and calories as he claims.

Veldora seem to be a far more nuanced and better written character in the manga.
Further evidence of destroying “souls” being High-Godly destruction. Also, yes, Veldora in the manga is an S-Tier character.

Huh,i skipped the veldoras journal part in every vollume.Looks like it was pretty good.Is it worth reading?and will you guys create a new crt based on the official Translation of the journal?

Also, Megiddo might not be exactly Speed of Light in this wiki's standards and even in the manga, unfortunately. I'll try to recheck the novels if this is consistent, later since I'm quite busy at the moment. It will end up being Relativistic+.

Also, I'm not certain if the Otherworlders from Falmuth would scale to Hakurou or Ifrit. Kyoya got stomped when Hakurou wasn't weakened, Shogo got stomped by Geld even when he got buffed, and they seemed to be weaker than Folgen who is on Ifrit's level (granted this was the Ifrit who can beat the Sky Dragon). Razen was also described to be "a level stronger than Orc Disaster", so a consistent scaling for his profile.

good.Is it worth reading?
It absolutely is. It is very well written.

I might be too busy to make any CRT for the time being so I'm dropping the details I found in this thread. You might be able to find more interesting stuff and feats f you read it, I think most manga reading websites already have til the latest of the journals (mangasee/manga4life have them I think, mangadex might too).

Also, Megiddo might not be exactly Speed of Light in this wiki's standards and even in the manga, unfortunately. I'll try to recheck the novels if this is consistent, later since I'm quite busy at the moment. It will end up being Relativistic+.
The description of it is legit SoL tho...i mean the fact alone it's formed from condensed natural light from the sun, etc. already confirmed it

I checked Yen Press's Volume 5, and it does explicitly state that it goes at the speed of light. I just remembered that it also mentions Megiddo taking 0.034 seconds reaching a target 6 thousand miles away, which is 284001882.353 m/s compared to the wiki's 299792458 m/s (a 15790575.647 m/s difference).
Although I suppose, you only need to add over 300 miles to make it actual light speed, so the novel might have meant six thousand miles as a rough estimate and not the exact number.
It still is a fact that Veldora referred to Megiddo as near light speed, though I suppose this time Yen Press haven't made any translation errors regarding Megiddo.

Well, another fun fact from Veldora's Journals is that it wasn't Raphael who came up with the counter to Benimaru's trap question regarding Shion's cooking. Raphael actually consulted Veldora, but it was Ifrit who provided the answer that Raphael then told to Rimuru (blaming Benimaru for the secret password). More than some great Veldora/Ifrit banter, this was one of the first indication of Raphael truly forming an ego and sense of self. Stuff like these is why everyone should read Veldora's Journals.

When will Rimuru &.co hit FTL again? Still waiting on that Chloe being faster than time feat, but just making sure.
If i remember correctly after Rimuru becomes a ultimate slime,he said that
"The speed of "Thinking Acceleration" has been increasing since I gave the name "Ciel" to the King of Wisdom. What was originally a million times faster, is now hundreds of millions of times more so.
Shockingly, this is the level at which even the speed of light can be perceived.
"

That means probably perception speed ftl and also he said that
"It is not necessary to say that the unleashing of magic is naturally faster, even the unleashing of 'Space Shift' has become nearly a thousand times faster. In other words, as long as I can keep a certain distance, I can escape even with light-speed attacks by "shifting"".
And that means he can somewhat react to light speed.But not physically faster.
But i guess he has space time manipulation after he got azathot.So,he can probably stop time and then accelerate himself by million times like the wn,if i remember.But you most likely need to wait for next vollumes to see it.

"The speed of "Thinking Acceleration" has been increasing since I gave the name "Ciel" to the King of Wisdom. What was originally a million times faster, is now hundreds of millions of times more so.
Shockingly, this is the level at which even the speed of light can be perceived.
"

"It is not necessary to say that the unleashing of magic is naturally faster, even the unleashing of 'Space Shift' has become nearly a thousand times faster. In other words, as long as I can keep a certain distance, I can escape even with light-speed attacks by "shifting"".
But i guess he has space time manipulation after he got azathot.So,he can probably stop time and then accelerate himself by million times like the wn,if i remember.But you most likely need to wait for next vollumes to see it.
They don't even need to be FTL in combat tbh

I checked Yen Press's Volume 5, and it does explicitly state that it goes at the speed of light. I just remembered that it also mentions Megiddo taking 0.034 seconds reaching a target 6 thousand miles away, which is 284001882.353 m/s compared to the wiki's 299792458 m/s (a 15790575.647 m/s difference).
Although I suppose, you only need to add over 300 miles to make it actual light speed, so the novel might have meant six thousand miles as a rough estimate and not the exact number.
It still is a fact that Veldora referred to Megiddo as near light speed, though I suppose this time Yen Press haven't made any translation errors regarding Megiddo.

Well, another fun fact from Veldora's Journals is that it wasn't Raphael who came up with the counter to Benimaru's trap question regarding Shion's cooking. Raphael actually consulted Veldora, but it was Ifrit who provided the answer that Raphael then told to Rimuru (blaming Benimaru for the secret password). More than some great Veldora/Ifrit banter, this was one of the first indication of Raphael truly forming an ego and sense of self. Stuff like these is why everyone should read Veldora's Journals.
Correct and Veldora Journals are wonderful, they also hint or imply that GS was developing or had an ego but simply wasn't aware of it. Whereas Raphael is consciously aware of its self and even recognizes the anomaly but tries to ignore it. Also, GS rewarding and tricking Veldora into working is hilarious. That all ultimately lead to Veldora getting Faust through GS's and Raphael's guidance. Oh it's also cool to know that Raphael's form is similar to Rimuru's just colder.

Another interesting things from Veldora's journals are spiritrons and infons.

Spiritrons rae building blocks of magicule and the basis of Disintegration. Essentially this is spirit particles from the novels.

That moreso happened because he tried detaching a part of his consciousness. Which is why he fell unconscious for the first time in his life. The other time being he was performing analysis tasks with multiple instances of his consciousness. Which basically lead to him gaining Parallel Operation. GS was just continuously sowing seeds for Veldora's revival and Irift to grow stronger. Though he still hasn't attained his unique skill as they wanted. But he'll hopefully get one later.

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Sysop
The Chinese translation said planet. I think someone checked the Japanese statement and planet was stated, also.
I guess someone should get the Japanese scan to get evaluate it here.
If a valid star is valid, the tier would be 4-C on the safe side. The average star is around the size of the sun which is 4-C. Destroying some (2 to 3) 4-C stars together is still 4-C since the gap from 4-C to High 4-C is around ~5.59x, at face value.

I know this point is another point but we got planet-level Carrera (Volume 15 Chapter 5). I guess there is more credence to 5-B true-dragons.
We would probably need to discuss more in the future.

A thing, though, I think thinking. Rimuru though food chain gets stronger relative to being at a worst relative to his subordinate. Assuming, for example, 5-B is valid and an outlier, then the end Demon Slime could be 5-B in volume 15; though, it could go into another key.

Though, the raws probably would need to be checked. I notice stars have been wrongly translated to a planet before like in the case of WN in the comparison of Veldora sword being comparable to a planet in some bad translations where raws said it was comparable to a star (Chapter 245).

Well, the factors that would affect their speed (or the relevance of it in battle) should be addressed in the profiles... eventually, when better translations are out for the Empire arc. I don't particularly care much anymore about vs debating but it's something that will be used by those who do. At least we see people make use of Space Time Domination in that arc.

It's interesting that Veldora's Unique Skill Inquirer just dramatically improved instead of outright evolving after receiving his Gift from Rimuru, and he had to train for about a week to make it into an Ultimate Skill.

I only have the official translations. I suppose this is another planet=star when it comes to Japanese words, then?
I'd be fine either way, it's just something that needs to be brought up since it's an official translation. It would be nice if someone can check the Raws.

I know this point is another point but we got planet-level Carrera (Volume 15 Chapter 5). I guess there is more credence to 5-B true-dragons.
It would also destroy the Otherworld that I think Rudra/Michael created, although I suppose we don't know the size of it exactly.
Yeah, this is something to be discussed when better translations are out (so like, maybe 2 years from now).

A thing, though, I think thinking. Rimuru though food chain gets stronger relative to being at a worst relative to his subordinate. Assuming, for example, 5-B is valid and an outlier, then the end Demon Slime could be 5-B in volume 15; though, it could go into another key.
There are statements IIRC about Velgrynd's individual heat blast being able to vaporize asteroids and I think Rimuru defended against them. Not sure if Rimuru would be 5-B but Beelzebub should at least be at that level probably, even without integrating it to a clone.

Checking the raws is the best course of action, I think.

"

So they won’t really hit it physically?

The Chinese translation said planet. I think someone checked the Japanese statement and planet was stated, also.
If a valid star is valid, the tier would be 4-C on the safe side. The average star is around the size of the sun which is 4-C. Destroying some (2 to 3) 4-C stars together is still 4-C since the gap from 4-C to High 4-C is around ~5.59x, at face value.

Though, the raws probably would need to be checked. I notice stars have been wrongly translated to a planet before like in the case of WN in the comparison of Veldora sword being comparable to a planet in some bad translations where raws said it was comparable to a star (Chapter 245).
Okay,i mainly google translated the page of the Japanese version of veldoras travel journal in vollume 12 where the confusion is,and it also says star

The part in Japanese version of journal says,
"目につく もの を 全て 喰らい 尽くし 、 やがて は 星 すら 呑み込む ほど に 成長 する ―― そんな 恐るべき 化け物"
And its translaton is,
"It eats up everything that is noticeable, and eventually grows to the point of swallowing even the stars --- such a terrifying monster"

You can check it out by translating the marked part

"目につく もの を 全て 喰らい 尽くし 、 やがて は 星 すら 呑み込む ほど に 成長 する ―― そんな 恐るべき 化け物"
DeepL translates it with similar meaning.
But we still need somebody proficient in Japanese to translate this and whether the word/character being used is about planets or stars.

I think some changes for the Falmuth forces' justifications should be made. They're being scaled to Ifrit which I don't recall being stated in the novels (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). They were also not necessarily as fast as Hakurou was.
There isn't really any controversial changes aside from adding "Likely" to Shogo's and Kyoya's speed and "At least" to Folgen's and Razen's AP and durability, most are just fixes for their justification.

Also I added Rimuru's 4-C justification.
Shogo Taguchi
  • AP: Unknown, possibly Mountain level+ (Was able to fight Geld and one-shot his shield crafted from Charybdis's scales while amped with his Berserker. Fought Kijin Shion and overwhelmed her when she was weakened)
  • Speed: Unknown, likely Massively Hypersonic (Is not too slow compared to Geld)
  • Durability: Unknown, possibly Mountain level+ (Can take physical blows from Geld, can withstand the force of his own blows)
Kyoya Tachibana
  • AP: Unknown, possibly Mountain level+ (Defeated and critically wounded a weakened Kijin Hakurou. Should be comparable to Shogo)
  • Speed: Unknown, likely Massively Hypersonic (Defeated a weakened Hakurou, although Kyoya was easily blitzed when Hakurou was at full strength)
  • Durability: Unknown, likely Mountain level+
Folgen
  • AP: At least Mountain level+ (Superior to Shogo and Kyoya. Comparable to Ifrit whom at that time has grown strong enough to defeat the Sky Dragon)
  • Speed: Massively Hypersonic (Should be superior to Shogo and Kyoya)
  • Durability: At least Mountain level+
Razen
  • AP: At least Large Mountain level (Veldora estimated his strength to be a level above Orc Disaster Geld. Hakurou deduced that he, Geld or both of them would've died against his Nuclear Magic. Is the strongest champion in Farmus)
  • Speed: Massively Hypersonic (Should be superior to Folgen, Shogo and Kyoya)
  • Durability: At least Large Mountain level
Rimuru Tempest: Gluttony/Beelzebub will eventually become Star level (Beelzebub, Lord of Gluttony is a combination of Gluttony and Merciless. Rimuru should be able to integrate Beelzebub into one of his clone that can grow large enough to devour stars)

Let me know if a CRT is necessary for this, I'll just make one after Milly's is over.

Last edited: