• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Discussion Thread 20

Bought the Slime manga, and reading Veldora’s notes gave me some interesting information. Veldora says he lost in a “fair 1-on-1” against Chloe, and that a BoS, no Magic Sense Rimuru is an A-rank monster.

Similarly, his “Inquirer” skill pulls up a record of all of the world’s events for an analysis. But despite that, he outright admits he cannot analyze GS or even knew he asked, he could only speculate Rimuru had another skill.

Veldora also admits to being tricked by Rimuru on numerous occasions, so that can be added to Rimuru’s intelligence section.

Last edited:
Bought the Slime manga, and reading Veldora’s notes gave me some interesting information. Veldora says he lost in a “fair 1-on-1” against Chloe, and that a BoS, no Magic Sense Rimuru is an A-rank monster.

Similarly, his “Inquirer” skill pulls up a record of all of the world’s events for an analysis. But despite that, he outright admits he cannot analyze GS or even knew he asked, he could only speculate Rimuru had another skill.

Veldora also admits to being tricked by Rimuru on numerous occasions, so that can be added to Rimuru’s intelligence section.
Well Veldora actually mistook GS as Rimuru quite a long time after all...until Raphael

Now I’m starting to doubt the validity of this entire thing. First it’s Vol 15, then it’s 1-15, then it’s 2? I’m not buying this at all.
V15 is when Veldora realized that he's wrong the entire time...i said V1-15 just to make it simple...but it's actually started in V2 when Veldora already inside Rimuru's stomach especially after Ifrit inside there too and GS trained both of them

No? He very clearly distinguishes Rimuru from GS. At no point in Vol 1 does he ever mistake Rimuru for GS.
He does like constantly. That why he calls Great Sage "Rimuru" until Rapheal says she is a proxy during HF. He simply mentioned that he an idea that there was more going on but much like Diablo he dismissed it as an impossibility.

I am somewhat surprised though. I thought everyone already read the Veldora journals. I have tons of scans from them. Veldora and Irfit make a lot of interesting statements.

I never said Veldora anything or didn't do anything in Vol. 1. I know you were referencing Vol. 1 and I was just informing you on things you seem to be ignorant on. Are you okay?
Frankly whatever else past Vol.1 isn’t my concern, I’m still going through then throughly because I’ve skipped them in the past reading them online. Again, if you actually read what I was saying, all of what I was saying stemmed from Vol.1.

Frankly whatever else past Vol.1 isn’t my concern, I’m still going through then throughly because I’ve skipped them in the past reading them online. Again, if you actually read what I was saying, all of what I was saying stemmed from Vol.1.
Yep. I am aware as I said. I didn't try to rebuttal the information from Vol. 1. But at this point I digress

In Vol.2 Veldora says Shizu could be equal to Gazel. I’m not sure how valid this is, considering Hinata surpassed Shizu at a young age and is >Gazel. However, because Shizu’s mind and thoughts didn’t align with Ifrit, she had nerfed herself.

Thoughts?

He also states Rimuru’s ability to analyze (GS) is comparable if not greater than Inquirer, which is stated to be capable of planetary analysis multiple times.

A concentrated Flare Circle would’ve done actual damage to Rimuru, in his words.

Last edited:
About the Flare Circle thing, it's consistent that large scale flame attacks are usually less potent than small, concentrated scale. Hell Flare is normally actually weaker than Flare Circle when covers like a hundred meters but when Rimuru enclosed it in 5 meters, it was over 13x hotter than the sun (which Rimuru has stated around twice that he won't be able to take).

About the Flare Circle thing, it's consistent that large scale flame attacks are usually less potent than small, concentrated scale. Hell Flare is normally actually weaker than Flare Circle when covers like a hundred meters but when Rimuru enclosed it in 5 meters, it was over 13x hotter than the sun (which Rimuru has stated around twice that he won't be able to take).
This was against the Orc Lord, right?

This was against the Orc Lord, right?
The large scale Hell Flares yeah, the small scale Hell Flare was against the Golem in Volume 4.
I think it was also mentioned that Rimuru's Flare Circle was more powerful because it was concentrated only on the Orc Disaster.

As for Shizue's tier, I'm not really sure. I'm sure Shizue unified with/using Ifrit is likely stronger than just Ifrit alone since it's Shizue + Ifrit's power. I think Ifrit was explicitly said to be weaker than Orc Disaster though.

The large scale Hell Flares yeah, the small scale Hell Flare was against the Golem in Volume 4.
I think it was also mentioned that Rimuru's Flare Circle was more powerful because it was concentrated only on the Orc Disaster.

As for Shizue's tier, I'm not really sure. I'm sure Shizue unified with/using Ifrit is likely stronger than just Ifrit alone since it's Shizue + Ifrit's power. I think Ifrit was explicitly said to be weaker than Orc Disaster though.
I think Veldora was talking about a hypothetical Ifrit/Shizu, that if both were truly one, in goals and ideals, that they would be comparable in strength to Gazel. However, since she didn’t align with Ifrit, she nerfed herself to that degree.

I think Veldora was talking about a hypothetical Ifrit/Shizu, that if both were truly one, in goals and ideals, that they would be comparable in strength to Gazel. However, since she didn’t align with Ifrit, she nerfed herself to that degree.
Makes sense when you look at the children and just think about that combined with a higher tier Spirit rather than a pseudo spirit. Also she should be able to actually unify with Ifrit much like Treyni does. And when Treyni does she's gets insanely stronger. But regardless Veldora is talking about a hypothetical Shizu so although its interesting it ultimately does not change anything.

Makes sense when you look at the children and just think about that combined with a higher tier Spirit rather than a pseudo spirit. Also she should be able to actually unify with Ifrit much like Treyni does. And when Treyni does she's gets insanely stronger. But regardless Veldora is talking about a hypothetical Shizu so although its interesting it ultimately does not change anything.
I think it could warrant a “far higher”, but it’s out of character, so... scrapped?

I don't really know, need more context or scans as Shizue herself has way too few feats under her belt. I think there are side-stories and spinoffs but I don't remember them all. IIRC didn't she fight a Special A monster and nearly died?

It should be noted that while magicule content is usually a basic indicator of AP, Skills, Technique, experience and Arts all affect AP congruently. That's why Shizue would've been on Gazel's level since she's a very experienced champion powered by a Greater Spirit, I think.

I’ll read it for myself, but I don’t believe this at all.
It is stated here in the Veldora's Slime Observation Journal -RESURRECTION~ BIRTH OF A DEMON LORD: https://archive.vn/nJaHR

Great Sage might be updated in the future as a different personality for the first key since it seems autonomous. Weirdly, sentience comes before autonomy, from an article by a respected company.

Last edited:
There are raws out already. The entire chapter is full of action covering the battle at Yuurazania. It ended with Benimaru killing Charybdis.
I feel like the mangaka is no longer gonna portray the large scale army vs army fight at this point and will move on to Walpurgis in the next chapter.

I wonder how the anime will portray Charybdis though. Will they introduce the manga design or stick with the monstrosity in the anime.

Don't remember if the Myulan vs Youm was shown in the manga, think it might have been hinted at how it went in the LN, but didn't expect a full on fight in the anime, was pretty good.

Next episode is gonna cover the Otherworders from Farmus and the scheming there, so yea Rimuru vs Hinata is looking to be episode 5.

Don't remember if the Myulan vs Youm was shown in the manga, think it might have been hinted at how it went in the LN, but didn't expect a full on fight in the anime, was pretty good.

Next episode is gonna cover the Otherworders from Farmus and the scheming there, so yea Rimuru vs Hinata is looking to be episode 5.
In the LN Myulan fought Youm with his two other party member instead of 1 on 1 againts Youm...altho the other two people just gave Youm a buff before silenced by Myulan

With how good the animation is for these short fights with Shion vs Sufia and Youm vs Myulan, I have high hopes it's gonna be the same for Rimuru vs Hinata and God's Wrath.

Ranga doesn't seem to have a pre-evolution LN picture, checking from volume 1 to 5.

Back