• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Clown Prince of Crime VS The Mad Dog of Shimano (The Joker VS Goro Majima, Concluded)

Don't know much 'bout Yakuza, but.

Goro seems to be proficient in martial arts, but so is Batman - whom Joker manages to give a hard time whenever they fight, so none of them have an edge here.
Joker could manipulate him, mess with his head so Goro would be angrier and more prone to error in order to have an opening to spray either acid or Smilex on his face, or stab him, or shoot him with that big gun of his at point blank range.

But I won't vote yet. What can Goro do?

Goro seems to be proficient in martial arts, but so is Batman - whom Joker manages to give a hard time whenever they fight, so none of them have an edge here.

Majima gave a hard time to this hundreds of times, so unless this version of Batman has sicker feats, I don't think he's out-doing my man in that aspect.

Joker could manipulate him, mess with his head so Goro would be angrier and more prone to error in order to have an opening to spray either acid or Smilex on his face

Majima is similar deal to him. He'll be enraged only if he says something very personal, but he doesn't have prior knowledge for that. And an enraged Majima doesn't play around, so that would only make him more dangerous.

or stab him, or shoot him with that big gun of his at point blank range.
Not really.

What can Goro do?

Well, everything's on his profile. But he can amp in many ways (speed and physicals), has insane acrobatic skills, enhanced senses etc.

Hey wait you said you wouldn't comment on this thread

Not only is Goro better at martial arts, but he also seems to have the AP and durability advantage as well. Joker's Smilex wouldn't work here, as he doesn't seem to use it in combat (why is it considered death manipulation when it's apparently some form of nerve gas is beyond me). What else does Joker do in combat besides being good at martial arts?

Acid or some other of his toys, I suppose, but I think Majima's smart enough to recognize those as threats.

Joker's Smilex wouldn't work here, as he doesn't seem to use it in combat
Actually, he does. Once inhaled, it's game over.

He's not exactly "good at martial arts", he's just enough of a wildcard that no one can predict what will be his next move. He also has a plethora of gadgets, like the aforementioned acid flower and handgun, some chattering teeh bombs and he has a joy buzzer - that we can discard, since Goro has resistance to electricity manipulation.

He does a lot of shit, but almost all of his styles, with maybe the exception of Thug, are really aggressive, and that's not his go-to in this key

I mean, Goro doesn't really rely on predicting enemies, he fight in a wild and aggressive way to overwhelm them.
Joker can take a lot of punishment, even enjoying to be in lots of pain. So if Goro's plan is to beat him up until he dies or gives up, it's enough time for Joker pull one of his dirty tricks.

Joker can take a lot of punishment, even enjoying to be in lots of pain. So if Goro's plan is to beat him up until he dies or gives up, it's enough time for Joker pull one of his dirty tricks.
I'm aware of that, but Majima does have a knife. No matter how good your stamina is, if your throat's cut out you're not gonna keep fighting. Plus, some of Majima's techniques also rely on breaking bones and stuff, which once again weakens your fighting abilities by a fair amount no matter how tough you are.

Wait, this is Arkham Joker, I thought this was comics Joker.

Majima outskills to a ridicolous degree, he can copy or even invent entire fighting styles just by glancing at something that might not even be a fight at all, is almost equal to Kiryu who fought 100 armed guys at once and he's also defeated people who know every single form of combat known to man multiple times

I stand by my point that Joker only needs one dose of gas to win, and given that Majima is a mostly melee-based fighter (that's what I assumed by looking at his profile) Joker would have a good chance of spraying him once he's up close.

Feel free to disprove my point though, as I still don't see how he's something Joker hasn't seen before.

I mean, he's vastly more skilled than Joker or anyone Joker has ever seen and can easily knock him out with the AP advantage before he gets to pull out any trick, nevermind that Joker might also try for something like an electric shock instead, which Majima resists.

I mean, he's vastly more skilled than Joker or anyone Joker has ever seen and can easily knock him out with the AP advantage before he gets to pull out any trick, nevermind that Joker might also try for something like an electric shock instead, which Majima resists.
I have no doubt that he's more skilled than Joker. But would he be more skilled than Batman, the one martial artist Joker manages to hold his ground against?
My logic is: if Majima is more skilled than Bats, I can accept the fight pending to his side; but if he isn't, Joker could stand a chance and have a window to give the decisive blow.

What are Batman's best skill feats? I can't think of much past the usual "know a lot of martial arts" and "can beat up a lot of people at the same time", which Majima both outclasses with ease.

What are Batman's best skill feats? I can't think of much past the usual "know a lot of martial arts" and "can beat up a lot of people at the same time", which Majima both outclasses with ease.
The best I can think of are his victories against Deathstroke, who is a super-soldier turned assassin, and Ra's Al Ghul, the "immortal" leader of a clan of assassins who has hundreds of years of experience. Both are displayed on his respect thread.

Nothing unusual by Yakuza standards tbh. Both characters you mentioned are kinda like Jo Amon, though less impressive. And Majima defeated Amon as inexperienced yakuza in 0.

Well, he also defeated Bane, with and without Venom, plus Titan-enhanced goons.

Given my lack of knowledge on Yakuza, if it's still not impressive I'll concede. I still think the gas would be the key to victory, but I accept the fact that, one on one, Goro can beat Joker.

I mean, beating someone way stronger than you is a skill feat, but I wouldn't say it's that impressive even for Arkham's standards.

The gas is definitely the biggest wincon Joker has, I just don't think it's enough.

The gas is a surprise attack, since neither has info on one another. So I see this going in two ways: either Majima attacks Joker and gets Smilex'd or he reacts to it fast enough that the cloud won't get him, than starts beating Joker.
Given his hypersonic reactions, I figure the latter is more likely to happen.

Speed is equalized, but Majima does have enhanced senses. He can even figure out he has the gas with Keen Eye. So it probably will not be effective.

Pretty sure Majima takes this. I'm a bit short on time so I won't make a detailed comment, which would be needed (And maybe I'll do later) considering how dense the profiles are, but...

Just summing up my thoughts, which may require further analysis, the fight would be rather simple. Goro appears a bit stronger and more durable to me, and solidly way more skilled. Joker would get utterly dominated skill-wise... However, from my experience in martial arts and from studying actual fights, Joker's unpredictability and (ESPECIALLY) his pain resistance are very, very important factors. Not going to say that they make Goro lose, far from it (Even today's serious martial artists and self defense people train to take on people like that, it is just much harder and, importantly, requires your simplest techniques, anything fancy will probably not work), but I can say that I expect Joker landing some hits, considering that he is also quite a bit skilled, not just a washed-up, pain immune druggie. Not that relevant, of course, but I can see it happening. Goro would probably win in a direct slugfest rather handily. Not easily, certainly with a bloody noise and some bruises, but in a much better state than the crimelord.

Now, would Joker be able to pull his tricks? Never played Yakuza, but frankly, I don't think so. Unless he has some easy way to spread the nerve gas and stuff, anything like guns, knives, spraycans and bombs would simply be avoided and dealt with. I can see the Joker pulling a win with the gas, but it's unlikely.

Goro wins, handily but not stomp-ish. If Joker has an easy way to gas him, it becomes a stomp for Joker because, y'know, it's a gas. Unless he has resistance to something like that or we consider that it spreads very slowly or some other special circumstance, Goro simply dies.

If Joker has an easy way to gas him, it becomes a stomp for Joker because, y'know, it's a gas. Unless he has resistance to something like that or we consider that it spreads very slowly or some other special circumstance, Goro simply dies.
Joker can use the gas from both a can and the flower in his lapel, which also sprays acid.

Back