• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The powers and abilities types

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So just to bring this to everyones attention here...i just realized that pages such as Light Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, and Space-Time Manipulation (to name a few among our other power pages that are quite honestly more or less just copy-n-pasted onto here for connivence sakes for linking to our OC's/FC's powers but you all pretty much get that by now) have types that pretty much actually let us just know to what a character can do in terms of power availability and range of effect it can cover.

To put it simply, i realized that we could have really just put in something like say "Space-Time Manipulation (Type 1)" or something of the sorts. Because if you think about it, it kind of actually helps with spacing on the page and, assuming one is smart enough to look up the power of the type used (not saying anyones dumb, only if they're lazy), it would get the idea straight to them on what they are able to do and such.

Now the idea of putting this doesn't have to be mandatory if one has an FC/OC that has a specific set of powers when using an ability (Ex. If one has Time Manipulation yet their only known uses of it were to just stop and slow down time) and if a user wants to put up a specific range of effect they can have with their powers can cover up to and so on.

Again, just to bring it to everyones attention here that some of our powers pages have an actual thing like this on them.

This is good. It'll help with potential matches or discussions in the future.

Sure! Since I'll be making a complete Revamping of my verse/pages in the near future, I'll remember to make this a thing for whatever content I happen to have around here.

@Sera and Fate: Aye, yeah. It really helps with putting out what has what, how far they can go, and so on. And in the way it can be done is also easy since we can just also put in what abilities they after saying the type or just the range of what they can affect in the range section and such or whatever.

The only issue comes from how many that probably needs to have this done to their pages...

Another thing i just thought up was if we should put up the types just like on the linked pages above in the OP to that of other pages like Reality Warping? Like maybe it can be where we can specify the range of it and what they are normally able to do just like how the types in, again, said pages detail of them being able to do?

If anyone thinks this is a good idea of Reality Warping and any other pages they'd like to think can have this, i'd like some good suggestions written out here. Otherwise if they're fine as is and we just have to say what they can do, that's fine enough with me also.

Well all of my Xros Revolution pages will go through a big fixing anyway. I still have some immunities I put long ago that should change to resistances. And also details for powers.

Also I do believe Reality Warping needs different types. I don't know what they'd be as Reality Warping is like sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo broad as a whole.

Considering how Reality Warping applications could be literally anything, I feel like the best approach would be for each user to put the method/skill their respective characters use in order to do the Reality Warping in their profiles.

As for the limits of their RW, I'd suggest that (much like in the main site) to be usually defined by the characters tier/feats in case a VS match happens.

Well i just only used it as an instant example. If it's fine by itself, we can just disregard it given how broad it can be as Dragon pointed out.

What about any other powers that don;t have this kind of stuff? Do they need types of their own or are they fine as is?

Would probably be something to look at in a case by case scenario, I think.

There isn't any particular power that comes to mind atm (in fact, I checked a number of the broad ones I could think of and they were already expanded).

But some of the more complex could have types given to them if actually needed.

My guy Kuchiku's main darkness ability is being able to use its metaphysical concept in order for different types of things (distortion of existence, devouring, nullification, destruction, chaos, etc.), not sure what to put his type as.

Back