• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What happened to 7-A My Hero Academia?

I'd also like to bring up the fact that a 100% Smash completely broke Shigaraki's jaw. This is someone who's so close to All Might in physical strength, that Endeavor said he was just as strong. Of course, this could be referring to Kamino All Might, but that's only a few megatons weaker.

In fact, One for All does indeed grow stronger, the more the user tampers with it. This was said in chapter six. Wouldn't be completely outrageous to say that the Deku of today is close to, if not a dozen times stronger than the All Might of U.S.J or Two Heroes.

And sure, you could say that Deku during the Training Camp arc said that his power was as strong as All Might's, but that's only a few months after he's had One for All. Even more when you consider the fact that he ONLY just started to fully utilize and tamper with the power. As All Might said, that's what would make the vessel stronger. As the series progresses, it becomes second nature for him to call upon it.

And let's give the benefit of the doubt and be conservative that I'm wrong, and that Deku is not much stronger than All Might currently. There still isn't any indication that they can't be High 7-A. The chapter 1 feat All Might accomplished was calculated at High 7-A. Nothing changes that. Hell, I remember that All Might's storm feat being calculated at 50 GIGATONS by my friend. But I have yet to see if that's solid or not.

If you want my opinion? Personally, I believe the Top Tiers, such as pre-transferal of One for All All Might, Current Arc Deku, should be High 7-A. High Tiers should remain the same.

And as TimmyTurnero said, Deku used 100% of One for All on one of Nine's smallest tornadoes, and it did jack-shit. But 100% Full Cowl was easily enough to completely disperse the funnel cloud which was far bigger than the tornado itself. Sure, he had help from Bakugou. But he'd probably still be able to disperse the smaller bit of the storm, even without his help.

All of you who are against at least High 7-A or even High 6-C in this thread, are telling me that all of these reasons, which showcase and objectively prove that One for All at 100% being High 7-A, and even Full Cowling 100% being exponentially higher, should be disregarded?

Just read the Manga dude in no place in the war did they even Create such a feat not even while all of them where going at it at their best.
And we should disregard this as well. The manga never even contradicts any of the 100% feats in the movies which yield gigaton values. If anything, there are explanations within it that support some of the movie feats, if you read above.

All Might's feat was High 7-A because it used a wrong method I believe.

Take a look at this thread, where some of the calcs were talked about.

However I'm pretty sure All Might's feat shouldn't be anything higher than 7-A.

Edit: Like I said, Therefir would know more you need to ask him about the storm feat. No one is getting anywhere unless you talk to the calc group members.

All Might's feat was High 7-A because it used a wrong method I believe.

Take a look at this thread, where some of the calcs were talked about.

However I'm pretty sure All Might's feat shouldn't be anything higher than 7-A.

Edit: Like I said, Therefir would know more you need to ask him about the storm feat. No one is getting anywhere unless you talk to the calc group members.
The method isn't wrong, but arguing over something which most people, and seemingly you agree with, won't change anything. I'll have to finish my CRT on this.

That’s BS, he pulled those clouds in, otherwise there wouldn’t be a literal eye and the clouds wouldn’t be spinning in circles.
It was noted that the rain was a result of Toshinori's punch increasing the air pressure and creating an air current that rose into the sky.
That is the very definition of C.A.P.E., also known as Low 7-B.

It was noted that the rain was a result of Toshinori's punch increasing the air pressure and creating an air current that rose into the sky.
That is the very definition of C.A.P.E., also known as Low 7-B.

Could just refer to him using air pressure/force to bring in clouds. The anime also shows that the clouds were rotating, which implies that he either brought the clouds in or somehow created them but also rotated them with pure force.

There is actually. King piccolo destroying shenron who is as strong as he's creator that being Kami which can recreate the Moon.
This doesnt support Roshi moon level feat, Piccolo was stronger than Roshi, so strong that Roshi didnt even want to fight the guy. Him scaling to moon busters doesnt support Roshi’s feat what so ever.

I suggest we don't derail the thread (talking about DBZ) as this seems pretty important for the MHA verse so we should try to keep it MHA related

I should prob give my 2 sense on this since this discussion is appearing to be more and more important and might lead to a CRT so I’ll say something.
And I won’t bring up Roshi his situation had reasons for why it wasn’t an outlier despite the humongous jump but I don’t wanna derail Dragonball is DB and MHA is MHA.

Wounded All might and 100% Full Cowl Deku being 7-A doesn’t contradict anything since on top of the storm Calc with all might the mere explosion and not even the KE of the clouds in the Storm dispersal Calc is also 7-A
It’s very high jump from Low 7-B but not so high that it is an eye brow raiser

It’s one thing to be 10-15 times stronger and another to be thousands of times stronger than all the other feats in the series

Which is why I find High 6-C extremely hard to argue for without supporting feats or without something like a data book saying it’s actually that strong
But I’m still open to it.
(But if it means anything if you pixel scale Wolfram’s cube off the building it yields High 6-C)

It doesn’t actually. The manga contradicts nothing that happened in either movie. The OFA transfer is fully possible due to what we know about the quirk.
Of course it possible but how come deku still has it after transfer? Or how did bakugo lose it?
Literally goes against the manga.

If anything I think a CRT should be made to disregard the entire thing that happened

Of course it possible but how come deku still has it after transfer? Or how did bakugo lose it?
Literally goes against the manga.

If anything I think a CRT should be made to disregard the entire thing that happened
Uh, because the quirk is sentient and can choose who it wants to go to? That’s what I mean by it isn’t contradicted, the quirk literally just left Bakugo and went back to Deku of its own free will.

These movie arguments are too much. If you still doubt movie canonicity just read the Volume R interview with Horikoshi. It's over 3000 words long.

My link function for this site doesn't work on mobile but the interview is everywhere, just google "Horikoshi Volume R interview".

In fact for Heroes Rising, not only the characters but the story especially the important parts are all Horikoshi.

He even admits that he did a half-assed job in Two Heroes when it came to the villains and that's why Wolfram was so bland so he put in more work into Nine, Chimera and Slice in Heroes Rising.

He explains exactly why OFA went back to Deku and indeed the reason is because it is already sentient.

There's also many interesting tidbits about the movies and future arcs in the manga in that interview.

These movie arguments are too much. If you still doubt movie canonicity just read the Volume R interview with Horikoshi. It's over 3000 words long.

My link function for this site doesn't work on mobile but the interview is everywhere, just google "Horikoshi Volume R interview".

In fact for Heroes Rising, not only the characters but the story especially the important parts are all Horikoshi.

He even admits that he did a half-assed job in Two Heroes when it came to the villains and that's why Wolfram was so bland so he put in more work into Nine, Chimera and Slice in Heroes Rising.

He explains exactly why OFA went back to Deku and indeed the reason is because it is already sentient.

There's also many interesting tidbits about the movies and future arcs in the manga in that interview.
Honestly the Mid guantlets (I swear why did Hori have to call them Mid lol) on their own prove the movies being canon

- Anyway, I don't have much to add on this 7A, 6C or whatever argument. I've never doubted the Weather Changing or Storm Dispersal feat but I'm still patient to wait for more feats of that level especially when Deku vs AFO vs Shigaraki rematches happen.

As for the difference between Full Cowl and no Full Cowl, I do believe there is one. In fact, I go even further and believe there's like 3 different tiers.

1. 100% with no Full Cowl with Deku's bones breaking.
  • Firstly, We already know Deku breaks his bones like in the Muscular fight from the energy exploding inside his arms. That's a lot of energy loss and that energy simply won't be transferred into the outside world.
  • Secondly, no matter who you are, punching with broken bones should be way weaker than punching with a fully intact arm.

2. 100% with Full Cowl at lower percentages like in War arc or even Heroes Rising.
  • I personally believe a punch takes the whole body not just the fists especially some of the huge wind-up punches Deku does.
  • If his whole body is at higher percentages, it obviously means more overall acceleration and physical power being transferred.

3. Full Cowl 100%. The only one that actually counts is the Overhaul fight since his body was intact all through due to Eri.
Against Nine, Deku and Bakugo definitely broke their bones whenever they used 100% meaning their bodies definitely weren't running at full 100% or they would be broken meat bags on the ground. I know the movie uses the same visual as the anime but results are clearly different.
  • Anyway, against Overhaul, his whole body is at 100% and he can accelerate at extreme speeds. He's strong enough to basically air-walk/fly, his punching speed would also be way higher since his overall speed is also higher.
  • And since his bones are fully intact, his punches should be way stronger than punches with broken bones.

- There should be like 2 other categories for when he braced his arms internally and externally with Black Whip in the War arc, and when he's using the Full Gauntlet since his arms are totally fine throughout the punches while the rest of his body is way weaker at 5%.

Last edited:
- Anyway, I don't have much to add on this 7A, 6C or whatever argument. I've never doubted the Weather Changing or Storm Dispersal feat but I'm still patient to wait for more feats of that level especially when Deku vs AFO vs Shigaraki rematches happen.

As for the difference between Full Cowl and no Full Cowl, I do believe there is one. In fact, I go even further and believe there's like 3 different tiers.

1. 100% with no Full Cowl with Deku's bones breaking.
  • Firstly, We already know Deku breaks his bones like in the Muscular fight from the energy exploding inside his arms. That's a lot of energy loss and that energy simply won't be transferred into the outside world.
  • Secondly, no matter who you are, punching with broken bones should be way weaker than punching with a fully intact arm.

2. 100% with Full Cowl at lower percentages like in War arc or even Heroes Rising.
  • I personally believe a punch takes the whole body not just the fists especially some of the huge wind-up punches Deku does.
  • If his whole body is at higher percentages, it obviously means more overall acceleration and physical power being transferred.

3. Full Cowl 100%. The only one that actually counts is the Overhaul fight since his body was intact all through due to Eri.
Against Nine, Deku and Bakugo definitely broke their bones whenever they used 100% meaning their bodies definitely weren't running at full 100% or they would be broken meat bags on the ground. I know the movie uses the same visual as the anime but results are clearly different.
  • Anyway, against Overhaul, his whole body is at 100% and he can accelerate at extreme speeds. He's strong enough to basically air-walk/fly, his punching speed would also be way higher since his overall speed is also higher.
  • And since his bones are fully intact, his punches should be way stronger than punches with broken bones.

- There should be like 2 other categories for when he braced his arms internally and externally with Black Whip in the War arc, and when he's using the Full Gauntlet since his arms are totally fine throughout the punches while the rest of his body is way weaker at 5%.
Mind if I include this with some modifications and sources in my CRT I'm planning? I have stuff that backs up what you're saying.

Back